šŸ•“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

I always get really excited for Catch Up Challenges- it is so much fun to see which challenges everyone chooses, and how they explore so many various aspects of magick! :star_struck: The talents of the coven really shone brightly this week- thank you so much to everyone who joined in! :star2:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :clock4::sparkles:

7 Likes

@Torista Your natal chart turned out beautifully, Torista- what a great addition to your Grimoire! It looks like you dove pretty deep into the details of your chart as well, great work! :star2:

@JollyStar Hooray for knot magick- it sounds like a perfect area for your talents to shine, Amber! :heart: I love the chant too- I think the counting really helps to build the spellwork into place as you stitch the ladder into being :thread: Beautiful work, may your ladder help to strengthen your love and bring many blessings!

@Kasandra Chamomile to the rescue- it really is a great herb for calming down, and a perfect one for a relaxing bath :bathtub: :blossom: I feel the same about energy drinks- they only seem to amplify any problems Iā€™m having before I drink them :sweat_smile: And ohhh your friendā€™s garden sounds amazing- so many great plants! :potted_plant: You are very clever for adjusting the blessing to your practice, and I have to say I love how it turned out. Great job! :green_heart:

@Ostara Amazing finds, Ostara- you have quite the eye for witchy potential while shopping! Your rosemary is stunning- it must be very happy there with you :herb::blush: And perfect timing indeed- way to make the most of the full moon for the challenge this week! :full_moon_with_face: Your oil is gorgeous- it looks like a happy moment in the garden contained within a glass. Great work!

@Phoenix_Fire Iā€™m glad that you were able to find some themes that resonated with you and your growing business, Danni- I think you choose some great ones! :clap: I hope you enjoyed working with your healing crystals as well with honing your intentions. I love the idea of including a binding rune in the spellwork, that is very creative! :star_struck:

@Jessica72 Youā€™re very kind for asking the crystal what it wanted- I think it has a lovely new purpose in your pendulum jar, it really looks amazing so far! :gem: Iā€™m sure that once the crystal chips arrive it will be even more gorgeous. And haha youā€™re too funny- if it moves on its own, I donā€™t know what Iā€™d do either! :joy: Hopefully it will behave and will only work at your will! :grin: Lovely crystal work as well- thanks for bringing back the affirmations and info :pray::gem: And I feel you, my friend- freedom is a blessing, but it can be a heavy one sometimes. Keep going strong- you are on the right path and are constantly making progress with the most important person: you! :heart: Cheering for you, Jessica- youā€™re amazing!

@NickWick Hooray for a fellow tea lover- Iā€™m glad you decided to jump in on the tea challenge, Nicki, I think itā€™s a great one for you and your talents! :tea::two_hearts: And brilliant use of chamomile tea bags- that is such a great one to include in the bath spell! Your bag is gorgeous and I can image you had a very lovely infusion bath :sparkles: And how exciting to meet the sigil within your dream- did you ever look into the voice that spoke to you? The sigil sounds like their gift to you! :gift: I think it will go wonderfully with your beautiful chant :blush:

@Artemisia It was a perfect week to work full moon magick, good for you for drawing on the moon in your entry, Kat! :full_moon_with_face: Congrats on your first ritual oil- itā€™s an exciting landmark! Do you have a spell or ritual in mind that you are hoping to use the oil for? Or perhaps keep it around for the right moment? Either way, great job- enjoy the full moon oil! :blush:

@Rowan I remember you posting about the situation next door before- itā€™s a shame not only that people that awful exist, but that they keep getting away with the horrible things that they do :cry: I think the signs you crafted are really heartfelt- I love the combination of symbolism and intention you put into their creation. May they help protect the poor boy and bring him the safety and happiness he deserves :pray: You are so kind to help him, Rowan :heart:

@MeganB The sweet dreams bag sounds lovely, Megan! I know the feeling about running out of time- I feel like I say this a lot, but it is a busy time of year! :laughing: Even if not for the challenge, I hope youā€™re able to find some nice relaxing time to make your bag- may it help you find sweet and happy dreams! :sleeping:

@Jem1 Radioactive is a great song to jam out to- a really powerful accompaniment to the full moon! :full_moon_with_face: I never considered combining queer symbols and magick, but I donā€™t see why not- sounds like an idea with lots of potential! The female symbol is also the planetary symbol of Venus :astrology_venus: and the male symbol is also the planetary symbol of Mars :astrology_mars: It makes me wonder which planets the other gender symbols correspond with too! :blush:

@Mistella Not just one, but two lovely entries about Sacred Trees and Wood! :clap: It sounds like this theme really clicked for you, Mistella :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The Witch Bells made from maple are such a clever idea- happy crafting! :deciduous_tree: And oh, congrats on your new lilac bushes- lilacs are a favorite of mine! :purple_heart: It sounds like your lilac tree had a special sparkly gift for you, thatā€™s so sweet :gift: Thank you very much for joining in the challenge, Mistella- great work!

@Sarafeena_Sage Woohoo- a Gem Fair sounds like heaven for a Crystal Collector like yourself, Sarall- I bet you had a blast! :grinning: :gem: I am drooling over your amazing haul- you found yourself some really amazing treasures. Thanks so much for sharing them! :raised_hands: And ohhhh that is some smart thrifty witchery you have going on- great finds, and for such good prices too! Creativity and recycling go a long way in the Craft- brilliant work! :blush:

@AileyGrey I really love your enthusiasm and excitement- itā€™s contagious! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The Goals and Intent challenge is a fantastic choice for someone at the beginning of their magickal journey- it sounds like you put a lot of careful thought and emotion into building your Book of Shadows and journalling. Great job, Kristin- you are well on your way to achieving your goals, Iā€™m cheering you on! :partying_face:

@BrightBear Youā€™ve been busy, BrightBear- no worries at all! I think youā€™re amazing for planning out the time to do your self-care work despite everything on your plate at the moment. Kitchen Witchery is a beloved aspect and Iā€™m so glad youā€™re enjoying it- I feel like I can smell your lovely simmer pot from here! :yum::two_hearts: Good for you for finding a new tradition that brings you joy- great job!

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent out to all those who entered :trophy:

Gosh, I probably shouldnā€™t pick a ā€œfavorite challengeā€, but maybe- because the Catch-Ups are technically all of the challenges- itā€™s okay if I play favorites here! :laughing: It is so much fun to see which themes everyone chooses- the forum feels so alive when all the different types of magick are on proud display :sparkles::tada:

Thank you all once again for joining in- great job, everyone! :heart::infinite_roots:

9 Likes

@Susurrus @BryWisteria @MeganB thank you so much to each of you for your beautiful thoughts and words of encouragement.

Iā€™m sorry itā€™s taken me a little bit to reply. It just took me a little while to have all that sink in.

It does take a little getting used to. This whole being liked and welcomed kind of thing. The more I step away from Mitch the more my eyes are opening to the real world and the goodness in it. And that in large part is down to this incredible commmunity.

You donā€™t know how truly grateful I am to each and every person whom has ever taken time out of their day and put their own troubles aside just to give me a few moments of kindness. Please believe me when I say every word is cherished and very much appreciated.

Oh and @MeganB the pink stripey one in the back is Rhodonite :blush:

8 Likes

danni1Membe
My Darling Danni,
We are here to fill whatever needs we can for you, but please take all the time you need for your wellbeing.
If youā€™re overwhelmed and donā€™t either stop or slow down, thatā€™s when you can implode. Alwaysā€¦always leave yourself a release area, thatā€™s just yours.
Sending love, strength and endurance.
Garnet

7 Likes

I think maybe you were talking about the stone I posted. It is a stone called Rhodocrosite, itā€™s more rare and expensive than Rhodonite.
I will add a link to youtube.com that I watched about telling the difference between crystals and fakes.
No worries or anything, we are all learning here.
I watched a lot of videos before I went to the Gem fair because I didnā€™t want to be dooped!
BTW I love your pendulum bottle :heart: Great idea! Please update us about how it is working for you :wink:

ColdBrewBarbie

She has a lot of videos with good information and she sells crystals on etsy here in the U.S.

:butterfly:

7 Likes

Thanks so much for the link. Thatā€™s great. I really appreciate it :blush: Iā€™ll have to check it out on Etsy. Maybe she may post to Australia.

The sphere in the back is for sure a piece of Rhodonite. Iā€™m like you and i only shop with reliable stockists.

I do only have one small tumble in Rhodochrosite. I agree it is very expensive and very difficult to find.

Sometimes being here in Australia it makes it even more difficult to source good quality stones. So I only use a few stores that I can shop directly in store as well as they offer online shopping.

The Rhodonite sphere I was lucky and picked up in a sale thatā€™s how I was able to afford to buy it. I would not have been able to afford that stone if it was Rhodochrosite! Trust me!

After what my humble little Rhodochrosite tumble cost I dread to think what a sphere or a point would cost! But it would be totally worth it if I could afford to buy it at the time if i was ever to find one.

8 Likes

I love them!

8 Likes

Youā€™re with it! But Iā€™m not LOL!!! I see now that you were responding about your post to Megan that was above my post!

I love your crystals! and WOW on your Rhodonite!!! Very Pretty!
I was very glad I watched the videos before I went because there were stones being sold as the wrong thing at the fair.

You could message coldbrewbarbie and see if she would ship to you. I havenā€™t purchased from her yet but she seems to really know her stuff.
:butterfly:

7 Likes

No truly I do really appreciate the link you shared. I might just havee been duped by the ā€œporkstoneā€ cause that could be a really passable fake. I want to add a Rhodochrosite point and or sphere to the collection but I know I am going to have to to pay for it! Not one of those prices too good to be ture kind of jobies.

6 Likes

It makes me sad to think how you were kept in the cold darkness before, Jessica- you have such a bright, beautiful energy and you are meant to shine, to be loved! :heart::sun_with_face:

Know that you are always welcome to take as much time as you need to process things, rest assured that the coven will be here to welcome you every time you come home here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :infinite_roots:

And your crystals! Gosh, I always love seeing them- you have such a gorgeous collection :gem::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.