🕚 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Oh, I am super excited for this opportunity since I’m new and have seen so many challenges I wished I had been present for!! Working on the INTO THE LIGHT challenge at the moment and have a question…I so want to heal a rift in my family, but am also angry at some of my family members for the behaviour that caused this rift in the first place. Am I working against myself since I do feel this anger accompanied with the desire to heal?

10 Likes

I try not to do a spell when I am in a bad mood. They seem to back fire on me when I do. I try to relax and quite my mind. Maybe a hot bath or shower before. I believe there is a past challenge about Freedom in Forgiveness. I may look into that one to!

10 Likes

Even though they don’t look like the picture they still look pretty tasty! :yum: :moon_cake: :sparkles:

Amazing entry Medea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: great job!

I haven’t heard this term in a very long time! Thank you for the reminder :blush: Although I hadn’t heard it like this so this was some new information for me :pray: :sparkles:

Auras are something that I’ve been kind of interested in for a while but I’ve never really tried to see them :thinking: I look forward to your attempts!

Thank you! It sits on a bookshelf right next to my desk where I work so :crossed_fingers: fingers crossed every time I refresh it that it does its job lol

So mote it be! :sparkles: I hope you’ll keep us updated on how it works :blush:

Welcome to your first challenge! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’re doing just fine – I look forward to seeing your altar and tools :blush:

Congratulations on your journey! :clap: :tada: :partying_face: It sounds like you had an amazing time learning about Hecate and creating an altar to her. I wish you all the good blessings! May Hecate’s torches light your way :fire:

That’s a tough question RedJoy :thinking: I think that you being angry and also having the desire to heal the rift shows how much you want to heal for yourself, too. In my opinion, you might have more success healing yourself first before healing the rift in your family. Healing from whatever happened doesn’t mean you have to forgive the person (though we even have a forgiveness challenge lol) but it might help you alleviate some of that anger so you can move forward with a clear mind.

10 Likes

Excellent Ashley69! That was a great, detailed informational Challenge. I have never heard of The Spirit-Rider* before. The picture is kind of creepy, with the eye in mouth.

The Serpent Power by Muata Ashby, Paperback | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)

I came across this book and thought I might read it.
Again, great Weekly Witchy Challenge. Blessed Be,
Medea

11 Likes

Happy Anniversary,
Medea

8 Likes

Hi Isobel tuliptree. Keep us posted Please. I love to hear when a ritual/spell works.
Blessed Be,
Medea

10 Likes

Thank you! Having a few technical difficuties, but it’s all good!
Pics coming soon!

9 Likes

Thank you @MeganB and @Medea. It has been a beautiful journey.

7 Likes

“Catch Up” Challenge Entry #2: From The Shadows - Death & Rebirth Shadow Work Ritual Bath*

Hello, Everyone! I am currently beginning my shadow work and back in October, I mentioned my plan of mixing a combination of Christopher Penczak’s “The Descent of The Goddess” with Michael Mirdad’s “The Seven Initiations On The Spiritual Path” with the idea of using the Goddess Inanna’s story of death and rebirth in the underworld and then ascending back through the seven gates and how they correlate with the chakras as inspiration.

I started my shadow work during this month’s Lunar Eclipse with a ritual bath that symbolized my own death metaphorically and to signify that liminal point within the void between death and rebirth. I know some others were interested in this as well so I thought I would share the ritual I wrote out.

Please feel free to adjust anything to you and your path. Take what resonates and leave the rest. :smile:

While some will find the mysteries in the life cycle that allows the germinating and growing principle, others find the mysteries best through death and spiritual rebirth. They are two sides of the same coin.

Just like how Christianity uses baptism to mark their own death & rebirth… I used a ritual bath to mark my own death & rebirth embracing the void as the place of pure potential and as an initiation into my shadow work and ascension.

Timing:
Best done during a Lunar Eclipse or Dark Moon

Items Needed:

• Lukewarm to cool temp water (The colder the better. Cold water shocks the system and the aura.)

• Activated Charcoal Powder

• Salt – For the consecration of water

• Mugwort & Wormwood infused water for bath

• 2 Black Candles

• Incense Blend & Charcoal disc to burn the blend

Incense Blend Recipe:

• Mugwort - Plant of the Middle World, burned at the start of a ritual. One starts & ends with Mugwort, as one starts & ends with the Middle World. Its Shamanic purpose in burning is purification, clearing the mind, and heightening extra senses for any trance work.

• Wormwood - Wormwood is a close counterpart to Mugwort and has very similar properties, being of the same family. It is used mainly as a Cleansing and Divinatory herb. Burnt as incense, it is used to banish negativity and negative spirits, and to aid in divination and scrying of all forms. Made into an infusion, it can aid in prophetic dreams and astral projection.

• Fumitory - Plant of the Underworld. Fumitory is burned to banish & dispel negative energy, aids in protection from dense spirits, the consecration of tools & rituals, allows better mental discipline, and increases spiritual focus.

• Bearberry - Psychic power, divination, and connection. Bearberry is said to align a person with their own inner strength, and to help connect with ancestral knowledge. It is said that Shamans use Bearberry for shape-shifting magick. Healing (of others) and wisdom-seeking are other magickal properties of Bearberry.

Steps:

1. Make a concentrated tea with some Mugwort & Wormwood for the bath. Let steep until the water is room temp.

2. Prepare bath water and bless with consecrated salt.

3. Add Herbal Tea & Charcoal Powder into the water.

4. Place black candles around the bath and burn the incense mixture.

5. Enter the water and sit in the bath. Take a few mins to ground and enter a relaxed/meditative state.

6. Then before submerging yourself say: “Through water, fire, earth, and smoke, I come calling to void, the place of pure potential between death and rebirth. I call to the void in name of the creator spirit, marking this as an initiation so that I may be reborn to rise and ascend through the temples of initiations to obtain all higher forms & knowledge. Seeker I am, Seeker of the mysteries.”

7. Submerge yourself entirely. Expel all your breath and let yourself sink. Let the coolness seep all the way in. Hold your breath as long as you can, then come up for air. As you go back under, allow the air from your lungs out slowly. Come up for one last breath. Breathe deeply and enter the relaxed/meditative again while releasing the breath slowly. As the last breath is released, so is the person you once were.

8. Now allow yourself to remain lying in the water in your relaxed state until the water turns cold. Focus on the emptiness within. Take notice of all the “room” within that is waiting…like how we tell young children they have all the potential and how “the world is their oyster”.

9. Once you feel the initiation is complete, step out and towel off. Blow out your candles and cleanse the tub with salt afterward.

11 Likes

oooo!!! Thank you for sharing this!! I am most certainly going to have to check this out!! Blessed be! :smile:

9 Likes

@Medea Well now :wink: that’s niiiiccccee.
First, if that ever happened to me, I would wonder whether some difficulty were coming on the horizon that these two kind ladies knew of and were preparing me for.
Second, I would try to find out all about auras and which types mine tended to be, as I believe that they can fluctuate.
The fact that two within hours of each other did this is quite magical!
I’m glad to know you! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Thank you Wysteria_Norn. A lot of “things” that have happened to me sound fictitious. They are truly not. For example, I had a Demon fall out of my left side. A friend through Holy Water on me and I did not know he was going to do that. My eye probably doubled in size. I turned whiter than my white, lost my breath for maybe 5 seconds but seemed like 5 hours. My friend asked me what was wrong, I told him after I caught my breath. He said he did that because he knew I had a Demon in me. I have had many different “events” happen and people look at me like I’m crazy.

Anyway, have a wonderful Blessed day,
Medea

10 Likes

So far I have enjoyed everyone’s entries… as for me… in a little bit I’m going to find at least 2 that I missed to do & if I can I’ll fit in the 3rd :smiling_face:

It dawned on me scrolling through the thread & the original post topic… 120 challenges… we are on a roll that seems to go by quicker each time!

I have to get cracking on which ones to tackle first, so off to check badges & challenges for the ones I’ve missed recently. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

ENERGY WORK CHALLENGE ENTRY

This was the perfect time for a “catch-up” challenge, so I could gather everyone’s wisdom to strategize and focus my energy. I have my work cut out for me with the upcoming holiday when we plan to visit my husband’s difficult family. I’m preparing by doing some ENERGY WORK. I have some upcoming spellwork to do that must be well focused and highly energized, so I prepared with a spiritual bath and a visualization meditation. I love this combination! It takes time, but it’s so worth it to come to spellwork with my power in high gear!

Thanks @MeganB for the tips in self healing prior to working magick to heal those I’m angry with!

11 Likes

This is fantastic and beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

9 Likes

Challenge Entry

OK, well, here goes nothing! For the Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch-Up, I picked Tools of the Witch Trade for one of my possibly 3 challenges. And here they are! Some of my most loved tools!

This is my Altar/Dresser… I know ya’ll understand where I’m coming from on that one…

This is my Triple Goddess Chalice

My Wand

My Athame

My bell - Does anyone else use a bell?

My Moon Water - Gonna need a bigger container!

My Cauldron

What can I say, not really a tool, but how cool!!!
My Witchcraft Skull

My Mortar & Pestle

Well, what do ya’ll think? I always felt I had a really awesome collection, til ya go posting it and then ya get all nervous and fear that it’s lame… Either way, I’m in love with every piece of it and just thought I might show it off a little with the challenge and everything, so…

Have a Blessed Day!

13 Likes

I love all your items! I do use a bell, it’s an all silver one with a pentacle that I keep on my main altar.

I love the pink & purple pentagram :pentagram: that you have to & all the colors. Its really a great setup & you should be proud & happy with you have! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

@Susurrus
Hey! Thank you so much!

8 Likes

You’re very welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I absolutely love this ritual and the idea of using a ritual bath as a symbolic death and rebirth – that’s amazing! :clap: :heart: Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone. You’ve definitely given me some ideas and inspiration!

Great job! :heart: I’m glad I was able to help you out – many blessings for your spellwork, healing, and ritual! :sparkles:

Your collection is beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really enjoy your chalice and the flowers you have on your dresser. And you know what? :eyes: We have almost exactly identical freakin’ dressers :rofl: I was thinking about how pretty those flowers were and thought that I might be able to do that to mine and I can :rofl: because they’re basically the same!

9 Likes