šŸ•› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Really looking forward to this. So many I could doā€¦I canā€™t decide which! Can you post entries as videos?

11 Likes

I didnā€™t do the video meditation, so I canā€™t really say if it will work or not, but itā€™s worth a try.

13 Likes

Yay!!! Catch-up time! :partying_face:

I decided to start near the beginning and work my way back to fill in the blanks of all the ones I wasnā€™t here for, or didnā€™t do.

To keep myself on track Iā€™m picking my three now (instead of at the last minute :laughing: )

I am going to create a crystal grid for Artemis. To be honest, Iā€™ve never laid out a crystal grid ever!

Iā€™m honestly not sure how I havenā€™t already done this one, but I canā€™t find the badge. I was thinking about trying my hand at molding / carving my own Artemis figurine. I donā€™t have any of her yet and itā€™s past time! I canā€™t seem to find one online that I like or if I like it, that I can afford, so letā€™s see how making a simple one works out!

I have already started making one today!

10 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing, Siofra- congrats on your very impressive collection of challenge badges! :partying_face: :trophy: And yes, haha- all of them are able to be earned multiple times. If you decide to jump in again, Iā€™ll forward to seeing which one(s) you choose! :grinning: :two_hearts:

I see youā€™ve already got some great advice and suggestions for how you might jump into dragon magick- I just have to add that if the meditation calls to you, thereā€™s nothing to lose from giving it a try! :grinning:

Good luck and I hope youā€™re able to connect with your dragon magick, Brandy- have fun with it! :dragon_face: :sparkles::fire:

Absolutely! :+1: You are welcome to share a video entry, but just a friendly heads up that the forum software only uploads videos hosted on other sites (aka not directly) at this time. That means that in order to share a video, youā€™ll want to first upload it to Google Drive or YouTube. Then that URL link can be posted here and ta-dah! Video entry :grinning:

(If you need any help or guidance with doing this, feel free to reach out to the @moderators- weā€™re here to lend a hand with things like this! :handshake:)

Good luck and I hope you have fun with your entry, @Cosmic_Curiosity! :heart::blush:

Ohhhhh all great choices, @Artemisia- I canā€™t wait to see your very first crystal grid, hand made statue, and potion! :sparkles::star_struck: It sounds like you have some really awesome plans laid out. Iā€™m cheering you on and canā€™t wait to see the results! Good luck and have fun! :heart::blush:

12 Likes

@BryWisteria I have actually decided to sit this one out & see what others decide to do for their challengesā€¦ I have some things happening & going on that I need to organize so Iā€™ll enjoy others catch ups, but for now Iā€™m just taking a break this week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When I went through all of my badges, I do have a couple of them more than once & then I was looking through all of the challenges & got overwhelmed trying to decide on one, nevermind more than one to do this week.

If I should happen to get something done, then I will add it as a challenge entryā€¦ no promises though! :rofl:

10 Likes

Challenge Entry

Of Goals and Intent :scroll:

I was inspired by the Using Powerful Language part of the original post. While browsing through chakra mediation videos on YouTube, I found a mediation video for changing negative thoughts into positive thoughts. If you try to ignore a negative thought, the more and more your mind will want to dwell on it. Instead of pushing them away, it is important to an acknowledge that they are there. Once you have identified them, think of what their opposites are. For example, if the negative thought is, ā€œIā€™m not good enoughā€, the opposite would be something ā€œIā€™m good enoughā€, or ā€œIā€™m everything that I need to beā€. The emotions associated with the negative thought could be ā€œdespair and doubtā€. But the opposite emotions could be ā€œjoy and hope.ā€

Some of the last lines of the mediation stuck with me: ā€œYou showed up as alchemist today. You sat in your power and transformed fear to love.ā€

This is a strategy that I plan to incorporate whenever I catch myself having negative thoughts.

13 Likes

Iā€™m going to do the Cat Magick challenge! :smile_cat:

I got my kitty candle holder today, now Iā€™m just missing the candles! :black_cat: :candle:

Next a little poem about the wonders of being a cat~ :smile_cat:

Oh how wonderful it is to be a kitten!
What an absolute joy is it to be a cat!
Sitting down on the windowsill
Or laying in someoneā€™s lap!

Oh how wonderful it is to be a hunter
Of rodents big and small!
Nose twitching for a spider
Spending the night by a mouse hole!

Meow! :smile_cat:
Closing with a relaxing little kitty cat hypnotic induction! :blush: :black_cat:

As soon as I can find a place that sells catnip Iā€™m going to make myself some tea~ :relaxed: :tea:

15 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!
This challenge is duo completed by @Mistress_Of_Herbs and @jan_TheGreenWitch

We did the Catch-up challenge Tea Witch: Teas and Infusions

Since both of us are recovering from surgeries, we decided to do the challenge as a duo!

Christeena discussed my health challenges, and side effects and we discussed possible infusions and other teas that would be helpful. She has had a lot of practice making many teas, and I typically make my own, but hers are very specific for ailments and she customized a couple for me during my healing to help with both healing and rest. She made me several based on our joint conversation about the needs and send them
to me. LOVE HER. Her teas are highest quality ingredients, organic and blended to perfection.

The Hibiscus blend pictures are enclosed and as I sit here drinking it this afternoon it is both soothing, comforting and healing. If she wants to share the details of the recipes she can add them attached.

Light and love everyone!

17 Likes

Check the pet section, most stores will have it with the cat toys :wink:

:butterfly:

10 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch i absolutely love how u did this. Yes i only use the best and freshed herbs. Its taken me yrs to find my supplies. Lots of trial and error. As for our many conversations i tried to keep it as professional as i could. I hate that i do dive into some pretty personal questions, but bc im not a physician. I must know your ailments, any current conditions, your allergies u may have and all medications u take. And then my research begins anew. I study your illness, medications, and ailments to find the best course of treatment that wont counter act with anything your doctor as prescribed. Everything i make is made to order. Nothing is premade. It is based of the client and their needs. Even if they are an exsiting client, that same item may change each time. I ship all over the world. I even have a client in Canada. Im international baby. Lol. But i truly believe my gifts were given to me to aid others with their ailments. I cant take them completely away but i can make them more manageable.

13 Likes

#truth!!! @Mistress_Of_Herbs Thanks again for doing this challenge with me!!! :purple_heart:

9 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch thank u for inviting me, and choosing to do the challenge with u

10 Likes

Oh wow! Great job @jan_TheGreenWitch & @Mistress_Of_Herbs! Awesome job working on the challenge together! I love both of your contributions & the work put into the entry! :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

Challenge entry ****spell jars and witch bottles. I made a self love jar with chamomile, rose petals, rosemary,lavender,basil,mint, marijuana clippings,basil,labradorite ,rose quarts,garnet, amethyst,lapis lazuli and pink salt for protection. I said my affirmations as I put each ingredient in and burned the candle on top

15 Likes

Ahh, this is so cute! I love it. And this whole posts makes me want to do the cat magick one!

10 Likes

Challenge: Catch-Up! Accountability update:

I put together my mugwort in a carrier oil to create an infused essential oil for rituals. Now it sits for 4-6 weeks while itā€¦ infuses? :laughing: (and yes that is a Turbo kitty in the cubbies)

And Iā€™m trying my best to overcome my inertia and fear of failure as I slowly work on my figurine. So far all I have is the base and ideas but itā€™s progress. Iā€™ve decided to make a quiver with arrows made with metal and feathers. Iā€™m also toying with the idea of shaping a bow frame from silver wire as well. At any rate, here is where I am today.

15 Likes

Challenge Entry: Kitchen Witch

The other day I posted that I made the honey cake recipe:

Initially I was going to just make it and enjoy it, but Iā€™ve been wanting to work more on kitchen witchery and spent some extra time with it. I put on some music from Woke Nation to clear out any negative energies and help me get in the right mood first. Then I spent time slowly adding ingredients with intention and eventually modified the ā–¶ļø Honey Sweetening Jar Spell Made Easy: MAGIC for Kindness ā€“ Spells8 spell to fit a bit more for my purpose as I put everything together.

Despite my super dirty kitchen at the time, it was more enjoyable to make than usual and it was well-received even though I was unsure if my family would like it. I can see that I need to be more mindful in the kitchen after that (I love baking and cooking so why not increase the joy in it even more?) and am excited to learn more about kitchen witchery!

13 Likes

Thank you! I always love these challenges but even more so catch-up weeks when I can pick a few of the past ones to try. Plus, I really love making and creating things. Iā€™ve had the creative urge again lately, thankfully. Itā€™s when Iā€™m at my happiest.

11 Likes

Thank you for the tip, Iā€™ll have a look the next time Iā€™m in town! :smile_cat:

Awww, Iā€™m happy to be a (soft) inspiration! :blush: :black_cat:

Iā€™m going to do a second one this week, the Chakra challenge! After discovering the cup from this weekā€™s tea ceremony actually being a sound bowl, I got the inspiration to use it for balancing my chakras! With its correspondences (fire, dragons) especially my solar plexus :yellow_heart: (Manipura) chakra comes to mind, and I know mine needs balancing. So each night Iā€™m going to bed and each morning Iā€™m getting up Iā€™m placing the bowl over my solar plexus while laying down, relaxing, striking it sharply to make it ring and feeling the vibrations. I already did it last night and this morning (well, afternoon :sweat_smile:) and I have a good feeling about it :relaxed: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry : Catch-Up
The Chakras - Chakra Worker

So if youā€™re into synchronicities, youā€™re gonna LOVE this!

A little bit of backstoryā€¦ I purchased a book on Chakras on Monday. The catch-up challenge is announcedā€¦ There is one about Chakrasā€¦ Hello, Universe. Iā€™m listening, right? I dive right into @Susurrus s post with all the Chakra goodness. I meal plan for the next 7 days on Tuesdays and descend on the local grocer on Wednesdays after work. My plan for Friday dinner was beef and lamb stew (with carrots). I study study study and decide that I will start trying to get in a Chakra meditation each morning before the family wakes up. I do a root Chakra clearing meditation Friday morning complete with frankincense oil and smokey quartz appropriately placed. I carry with me all day ā€œI am a mountain. I am strong, I am stable.ā€ As Iā€™m cooking dinner, I realize that the meal has 2 of the foods listed from my studies for the root Chakra. Hello again, Universe! It calls for bay leaf so I double down and write ā€œstabilityā€ on it and stir in that intention with vigor. Todayā€¦ I do my Sacral Chakra clearing meditation with my jasmine oil and carnelian and then pull my tarot card for the day . The Emperorā€¦ 4th card of Major Arcana. Today is the 4thā€¦ 4 is the number ofā€¦ drumroll please ā€¦ STABILITY!!!

My husband and I have a theory. When you have a synchronicityā€¦ itā€™s because you have hit a checkpoint in the video game of life (youā€™re on the right track). Itā€™s the Universe communicating that you are exactly where you should be.

The idea of this challenge was to show how the Chakras can/do/will play a part in our path and craft. Before this week I had done almost 0 studying on the subject. This week I dove in with both feet and the Universe gave me standing ovation. Not to mention, showed me why I have some of the struggles that i doā€¦ (Yeahā€¦ Allllllll blocked up over hereā€¦ Allā€¦ not oneā€¦ not twoā€¦ Aaallllll of these bad boys are locked up like Fort Knox) Iā€™ve heard the phrase ā€˜Heal thyself, Witchā€™ā€¦ The healing has begun and the weight is lifting. I am thankful for these new ears to actually hear the Universe and the heart to understand it.

15 Likes