🕑 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE ~ Catch-Up!

I have 6 kitties outside, I’m afraid catnip has NO chance of survival. :rofl:

:goat:

10 Likes

For my very first challenge, I have decided to start at the beginning! I have chosen:
Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Trying Something New!

Looking forward to trying something new in my practice and sharing.

I am thinking I may try Cauldron Gazing for the first time.

9 Likes

That wand is absolutely gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I also work with the Egyptian Pantheon!

9 Likes

I am also an avid Sims player since it came out!

8 Likes

Challenge Entry 1 - Deities of the Moon ☽
with the Badge Blessed by the Moon

All my childhood I’ve been dreaming of becoming Moon Princess :crescent_moon: :crown:, might have been the influence of Sailor Moon anime that was popular at that time. But years have passed and my love and devotion to the moon as a celestial object has not subsided.
After getting my first computer and access to internet I studied hard - the Greek Mythology, Moon goddesses in other religions and the influence and power of the Moon.
It calls me…
I started worshiping Hecate, because of many symbols I got in my life.

I am relatively new to wicca and paganism, I am not sure it is, specifically, Hecate that protects my dreams and fills me with energy every day. That’s why I am ,overall, a Moon GODDESSES worshiper and have not selected a single Diety, yet, or maybe never will …because…
After reading the Challenge post I realised, I don’t have to… as Moon itself is a Goddess for me.
:waxing_crescent_moon: :first_quarter_moon: :full_moon: :last_quarter_moon: :waning_crescent_moon:

This week’s offering for my Moon Goddess was watermelon. :watermelon:

13 Likes

Do you have specific deities that you work with?

9 Likes

Challenge Entry 2 - Wholesome Magick : Healers :mending_heart:
with the Badge Healer :sparkles:

My job in medical field has me constantly face death and sadness…
This ritual is helping me a lot. It also rises my blood sugar, giving me a feeling of happiness (that I need). Last time I drank the potion - I cried… :cup_tarot: :sob:

The other thing I do for healing my body and soul is Salt and Oils Baths with relaxing music. :notes:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry 3 :dagger: Altars - A Witch’s Sacred Abode:candle:
with the Badge Reverent Witch :place_of_worship:

What my Altar has?

• North - Salt in a white bowl, Cristals specific for my Sun sign :gemini: (Citrine, Carneol, Tiger’s Eye, Pink Quartz, Pink Agathe, Amethyst pendant), Grey Candle with salt imbued in it.
  • South - Candle in a Jar (no smell) [incoming Cauldron and a bowl with ashes]
  • West - A Jar with Moon water, Blue candle, Seashell [incoming Chalice]
  • East - Incense, Pink Candle, Key. [incoming Wand and maybe feathers]

Surrounded by my BOS, Tarot and Oracle Cards and my Books on Runes, Astrology, Mandalas and other Wicca. With my Pseudo Cristal Ball, that actually contains some materials for decorating the BOS.

11 Likes

Challenge entry- sea witch

I did a sea shell :shell: listening spell by @silverbear I lit the candles white to replace orange I took the sea shell to my ear listened for the ocean and I chanted “ I will listen to more than words I will hear more than sounds heeding both what’s said and what is not as clarity bounds “ then I let the candle burn out so mote it be. :ocean:

9 Likes

Challenge entry- amulets and talismans

I found myself in liminal space today at 7:00am it was still out the moon on one side and the sun on the other so I took this moment to use both energies to consecrate my new talisman from blessed be magick I took palo Santo and passed my talisman through the smoke to cleanse it then i lit a candle and put the necklace beside it and let the necklace take in the energy of the candle as it burned down. I chanted “ I consecrate this necklace from all negativity and take in the power to keep me safe from harm”. So mote it be :sparkles: :crystal_ball::butterfly:

10 Likes

Beautiful Crystal! The pearls are a nice touch! :oyster:

May your beautiful necklace keep you safe from harm! :nazar_amulet:

I have a candle just like that on my Hekate altar. Lol!

8 Likes

Challenge Entry #3

Heed the Call of Crystals

This entry was completely unplanned. My crystals were calling me this morning. I had ordered some crystal confetti a few months ago and have been meaning to look the crystals up that were included, but I never got around to it. With the crystal confetti there are alot of crystal chips, but there are also regular size crystals. I looked up the crystals with an app called Rock Identifier.

The first confetti group is Third Eye and these are the crystals: (I keep these on the nightstand by my bed for prophetic dreaming).
• Fluorite
• Bornite
• Rainbow Hematitie
• Aura Quartz
I put the chips in small bottle and labeled them.

The second confetti group is Abundance. (I keep these on my Lakshmi Altar).
• Green Jasper
• Citrine
• Aura Quartz
• Opalite

The third confetti group is either Fairy Garden or Midnight Garden, I can’t remember which and I didn’t put the tag with it thinking I would remember. I purchase both, but missing one. Hmmm, they may be in the garden out back. Anyway, these are the crystals:
• Clear Quartz
• Black Tourmaline
• Blood stone
• Tigers eye
• Sodalite
• Goldstone
• Black Agate
• Hematite
• Larvikite
• Falcons eye (a type of tigers eye)
• Pyrite
• Rainbow Moonstone

9 Likes

Thank-you @BryWisteria for opening this up! I am learning so much from everyone’s entries! :snowflake:

This is sooo close to home for me! I inherited my Grandma’s button boxes -we used to spend hours stringing them and unstringing them on rainy days -I 100% will now choose from them for different witchy purposes -they are so imbued with generations of childhood memories!

I have to wonder if in some ways this type of intuitive work is actually MORE powerful than other ways of working -but so difficult to do without the right energy -and helper!

I love the images of these skulls in the rain -so beautiful!

Omg! What a great idea! I am going to check out @silverbear’s instructions and do this.

I love your beautiful wand -I had one that didn’t feel natural to me that I made, so I have also been using my finger -glad I am not alone there :grinning:

Same! I enjoyed learning about these -thank-you!

I have this problem as well -I attended a guided past life regression session at my local witchy store, and found it far easier in that setting. I had some similar experiences to you -I learned most of my past lives involved running for my life.

11 Likes

@ArcticCharm

Loki is the best helper you can get. My chaos magic has come alive since I’ve started working with him. You don’t have to take him as your deity, but I’m sure if you asked him to help he would. He’s not nearly as scary as some say, just be prepared for the unexpected that’s all. :rofl::flushed::sparkling_heart: Oh and as a thankyou, he likes good coffee and whiskey/brandy. :grin:

11 Likes

Everyone’s entries have been absolutely fabulous! I’ve learnt, seen so much. It’s been awe inspiring. Thankyou my lovelies. :sparkling_heart::partying_face:

11 Likes

I agree. I love looking at everyone’s entries! :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you so much @Ostara :blush: I really like that pillar candle too that specific one actually bleeds I’ll be showing everyone on Samhain :jack_o_lantern::sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you @ArcticCharm :sparkling_heart: i really enjoyed that ritual :skull:

10 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - Sounds of Magick - ENTRY

Sounds and Magick are a very interesting topic to me as of late but… as a little girl I would hear different sounds that I should not be able to hear. For example, when I was about 4 years old, I would hear voices in fans. The fan in my bedroom window, the car, in a store and so on. I could never hear enough to understand what was being said. This, at the age of 60, still happens to me. An apartment I was living in, I would constantly hear someone, or something call my name. In the same place, I saw a Jin at the end of my bed. At a different place I lived I would hear music/party no one was there but me. This house was built in the late 1800’s and was creepy. It has servant’s quarters with a back stairway. My room was off those stairs. I heard footsteps in the room next to me, so I called my husband (almost) to come over but of course the footsteps stopped. The next night was a whole different story. He heard them too and called everyone home (5 of us). Every night we would have a house alert. This was a search from attic to basement with fully automatic weapons. They could not comprehend ghosts or demons (I think they might have been Demons themselves). Anyway, sounds with witchcraft sounded like a fascinating topic to me. I started researching and this is what I found:
"Everything, every single thing in this universe vibrates at a certain frequency, from every atom in every blade of grass on Earth through to every planet and star in the sky. It’s all formed and maintained by electromagnetic energy. This is the very same energy we seek to tap into for Crafting. Even words themselves have frequencies when spoken, as do herbs, foods, spices, colors, candles, cards, etc. etc. etc. In my opinion, the best way to raise your vibration is via entrainment. This is the energy work I’m doing with frequency healing. By use of crystal singing bowls, Solfeggio tuning forks, and Solfeggio frequencies through headphones, I’ve managed to heal not only my body, but also my mind and my ethereal other self. And my power has increased. "

Hanging a bell by your front door helps raise vibrations through sound. This simple spell will help to keep negativity and spirits that mean you harm, away from your home and family. The following incantation will help activate or enchant your bells:

1. “Guard our Home, Bell on the Door, let Evil Spirits come no More.
    1. Evil Spells shall Not be Cast, and Good Fortune shall Ever Last.
    1. So Mote it Be!”

Witches love to hang little bells from their doorknobs to scare away unwanted spirits. You can hang three little bells from your doorknob and chanting the following spell three times: (Spells8, Francisco Huanaco, August 18, 2023)

“Guard my Home, Bells on the Door, Let Only Blessings walk on this Floor,
Block all Evil and the Dark Arts, May only Good Approach our Hearts.”

What is the Meaning of Breaking a Plate?
Breaking a plate is considered to bring good luck or ward off evil spirits. It’s believed that the act of shattering something symbolizes the breaking of negative energy or bad luck in your life. The negative energy is believed to be released by shattering something, and then the positive energy can flow in. So, if you find yourself accidentally smashing a plate, take it as a sign that things are about to turn around for the better! (Spells8, Huanaco, August 18, 2023)
The term “sounds magical” can have different meanings. In the context of the Japanese word “Kotodama”, it refers to the belief that sounds can magically affect objects, and that ritual word usages can influence our environment, body, mind, and soul. English translations of “Kotodama” include “soul of language”, “spirit of language”, “power of language”, “power word”, “magic word”, and “sacred sound”. In another context, “sounds magical” can refer to something that has seemingly supernatural qualities or powers. (2023, April 28 Kotodama. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.)
I would have never thought there was so many ways to use sounds with WitchCraft, Spells, Potions, and etc… In this entry, I have only touch a small potion of ways to use Sounds with Magick, here are some examples of Ambient Music to invoke at your next ritual: (Otherworldly Oracle, January 26, 2019)
⦁ Celtic flutes
⦁ Native American flutes
⦁ Shamanic drumming
⦁ Tibetan singing bowls
⦁ Harp
⦁ Gregorian chants
⦁ Chakra tones

Source
Witches Bells: Their Magical Origins, Purposes and Uses – Spells8 Francisco Huanaco Posted on July 5, 2022
Witches Bells: Their Magical Origins, Purposes and Uses – Spells8… Francisco Huanaco Posted on August 18, 2023
Accidentally Breaking Plates Meaning: Beyond the Clatter – Spells8…Francisco Huanaco Posted on August 18, 2023
Wikipedia contributors. (2023, April 28). Kotodama. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 20:13, September 3, 2023, from Kotodama - Wikipedia
Music Magick: Ritual Music & Casting Spells with Music Otherworldly Oracle, January 26, 2019

10 Likes