šŸ•‘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE ~ Catch-Up!

I would say this is one of your lovely magickal gifts, as everyone has their own unique ones; even those who think they donā€™t have any! :blush: :face_holding_back_tears: :heart_eyes: :sparkles: Itā€™s just so heartfelt and beautiful, seeing this photo where a witch and a wolf are conversing telepathically through love. If you allow me, can i download it and keep in my phoneā€™s gallery? (I have this folder named My Magick :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: where I keep all the pictures and videos related to magick) I can just feel the magic radiating from this picture @AIRAM :hugs: :sparkling_heart: :dizzy: Itā€™s purely beautiful to witness a connection so invisible & deep with these fascinating and powerful creatures. I have always admired wolves, really. :wolf: :white_heart: :black_heart: Blessed Be hun, this is a mesmerizing entry! :heartbeat: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Yes my dear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Challenge Entry 2-magical name

When I started dealing with Magic, I felt the need to change my name
At that time I was watching the Greek series -THE WITCHES OF SMYRNA-
In one episode I saw a Witch who saw the future
Her normal name was Maria
but in the world of Magic it was called AIRAM
MARIA when you read it upside down is AIRAM
I felt that this name came at the right moment when I was looking for it
thus ā€¦ Airam was born in the world of Magic :grinning: :grinning:

12 Likes

Oh cool I really enjoyed reading about the origins of your name :blush: thank you for sharing that. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Challenge Entry 3-money spell

money spell day Thursday or Sunday
Protection circle
candles
call of the quarters
purse and some hair

spell
we raise our hair and pointing to them one by one we say
This hair will make me rich I need money and I need it now!
in each direction the same words
weā€™re done and we pick up the bag saying
I am rich and healthy, as I said, so it will be!
three times
finally we blow out the candles one by one freeing the elements
the hair that we have cut is we burn it

11 Likes

Challenge Entry - Catch-Up!
:dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch

I wasnā€™t sure what I was going to do for this entry but looking through the list of suggestions, one of them was a topic I wanted to try and share with the coven anyway!

Shinrin-Yoku (Forest Bathing) has been on my list of learn about, to do for a while and there it was, the perfect time to try it out!

The key to unlocking the power of the forest is in the five senses. Let nature enter through your ears, eyes, nose, mouth, hands and feet. Listen to the birds singing and the breeze rustling in the leaves of the trees. Look at the different greens of the trees and the sunlight filtering through the branches.
Source

I chose to try this out yesterday in the woods around where I work. Yes, I realize I took a phone and used it, but my main reason was to record the ambient sounds with the hopes of making my own meditation soundscape. Plus I figured I could share the videos as well.

Here are two of the videos that I uploaded to YouTube - https://youtu.be/yogDmfwlJQ8?si=0V4KT7pnHVfHoBWj and https://youtu.be/oCVvoXVA8_k?si=JszGPdxneXyUbjsn (of the pond in the woods)
(I canā€™t for the life of me figure out how to share the YouTube links with a preview, but I swear Iā€™ve seen it done here before!)

I ended up spending more than 90 minutes out there and it was honestly one of the best weekend recharges Iā€™ve ever had! :evergreen_tree: :bird: :fallen_leaf: :sun: :deciduous_tree:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry 2 - A Witches Collection(s)

Soā€¦ I haveā€¦ a few things I suppose that could be called collections :laughing:

ā†’ Crystals more than I can possibly count as well as a little bit of everywhere. I do collect specifically carved crystal turtles. I do have them in a printerā€™s box, a crescent moon :crescent_moon: shelf, on both altars, shelves, jewelry, & as well as in a staroage box :package:
ā†’ Candles mostly white :white_candle:, black, & redā€¦ but I have every color including gold & silver chime candles. I have jar candles, tea lights, votivesā€¦
ā†’ Jars well I guess more like containers. Jars :jar: of all sizes, mason jars, wearable charm jars & bottles, bottles, ball ornamentsā€¦ if I can find a way to put some kind of something in them for a reasonā€¦ I save them or they are given to me :laughing:
ā†’ Feathers Especially this summer, I have been finding or given feathers :feather: at the most random places & at the most ramdom times. Most of them black, but at least a couple that are from more predatory birds that frequent our area.
ā†’ Shells well, really shells from all over & whenever I go to any beach & rocks from the ocean as well as sea glass & I have some coral.
ā†’ Tarot & Oracle Decks honestly, its a problem that I should probably look into a support group for :rofl:
ā†’ Books books on my deities, crystals, astrology, journals, source stories, Celtic mythology, Celtic practice, Irish Paganism, herbs & plantsā€¦ :books:

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something or things. But those kind of top the list :rofl:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry 3 - Witch Conceptions (Stereotypes)

I actually thought I had done this 1, but here we goā€¦

So growing up I kind of had this idea of a witch likeā€¦ cauldrons, crystal balls, rding a broom, wearing all black, with a wart on the nose, & more of a not good thingā€¦ Think Wizard of Oz.

Growing up Catholic it was more a big noā€¦ not something you want to get involved or have anything to do with. Exceptā€¦ I already had an interest & was doing thingsā€¦ I just didnā€™t know it yet. Ironically, my mom was the 1 who kind of started I guess puquing my interest. Although I donā€™t think at the time she knew or thiught about it that way. She bought me my first crystals, taught me about my sun :sun: sign.

Then it became more of a, donā€™t tell anyone. For some reasonā€¦ no one could know except a select few. & that included family members. Donā€™t let them know at all.

For some time when I was young witchcraft & Wicca were 1 in the same regardless of what you did or didnā€™t do. They were interchangable. It wasnā€™t until later I found out that wasnā€™t the case at all. I was young so didnā€™t think too much into at the time becauseā€¦ stillā€¦ either wayā€¦ taboo.

Then once I started doing things that I used to & hadnā€™t for a whileā€¦ also older & wanting to know more about these interests & things I was doing & believedā€¦ found outā€¦ there were a lot of misconceptions & I was told things that maybe others believed & to try to steer me clear of it. :woman_shrugging:

Fast forward to 2021. My immediate family knows Iā€™m witch/pagan. A few close friends. But Iā€™m also, not exactly hiding it. Iā€™m in my backyard by my fire pit. Wearing a witchy hoodie. We had a pentacle chandelier with 5 mini cauldron tealight holders hanging from a shepherdā€™s hook beside it. I had just put loose sage in an aluminum foil, packet with a bit of water over the fire pit as well as strewn some in the bottom around the outer edges on the loose coals.

My neighbor came by & weā€™re talking. Some how the topic of a witch came up. Iā€™m not saying much & heā€™s sayingā€¦ I was nervous, because she was a witch. Like a real witch. Me, still not saying anythingā€¦ but I did look down at my hoodie & kind of around the area at the pentacleā€¦ & let him keep talking. His perception of a witch isā€¦ definitelyā€¦ not necessarily good. That we curse & hex & what we do isnā€™t for any good reasonā€¦ nor does it have anything to do with a love of the earth, gratitude, & using what you have inside to better yourself or anything.

I just said, ā€œHuh, I canā€™t say thatā€™s been my experience with a witch, although I suppose they are out there. Glad Iā€™m not like that.ā€

He looked at me & then saidā€¦ ā€œOh, youā€™d know if you came across 1, just by the things they do.ā€

I kind of just was like, ā€œUh huh. I have to go get a drink.ā€ Then went in the house.

Iā€™d say it really depends on who the person is & their generation as well as their upbringing & understanding or education witchcraft/paganism. I do think that since maybe a little before Covid, it became kind of trendy for a bit. I also think a lot more people on the whole have a better understanding of what we actually are about & doā€¦ but there are still those that are not stuck, but alsoā€¦ brought up a way or learned certain things for whatever reasonā€¦ that its hard to change their perception of what a witch is or does or even looks like. There are so many that practice & so many that practice in many different ways. Each unique in their practice, but there are still those that group us into this 1 mold.

10 Likes

Challenge Entry: Time Magick

When this challenge came out, I remember thinking- ooh, I want to do this! Of course, that seems to be the case all too often! Time is tricky for me. Because of trigger warning abuse and trauma, I learned how to dissociate at a very young age. I believe thereā€™s an almost intrinsic tie between early childhood abuse and ADHD, and that dissociation and time management issues are an obvious result of this connection. Soā€¦my difficulty with time has lasted for half a century! There are some inherently wonderful qualities in dissociation, though. It enables those affected with the ability to meditate much more easily and allows us (in my humble opinion) to access our intuition more readily. Just this morning, I meditated and did some tarot and oracle readings for over an hour, and it felt like it was 20 minutes! While time is (supposedly) linear here on the Earth plane, it is, in truth, circular. It most often feels like a spiral to me. Itā€™s kind of like climbing or descending a spiral staircase. You can have thoughts about the same subject every time you go up or down the same staircase, but they will be more advanced each time because youā€™ve grown and changed and experienced more. If youā€™re climbing up that staircase and you look back at what your thoughts were when you were coming up, you can have a visual for where you were when you came down. I feel like I am making this much more confusing than it is! :rofl: This concept is similar to the quote, ā€œYou never step in the same river twice.ā€ I have been working with my guides to expand and contract time. What I mean by this is that I can accomplish far more in the same amount of time than I had previously by altering my mindset and perspective and practicing mindfulness on a deeper level. Alternatively, I am learning how to stretch time out in my experience by using certain techniques that I donā€™t quite know how to explain. Theyā€™re all about working with your own unique rhythms anyway, so even if I were able to explain it in detail, it wouldnā€™t necessarily work for anyone else unless they tweaked it to work with their own cycles and rhythms. To me, learning to do this in my old age (ha! :rofl: ) has been truly life-altering and magickal!

10 Likes

Shawdow Weaver
I love your alter, and read your post you said you got into

I am interested in looking deeper into this practice! I need to try to escape from Samsara myself! I had 12 years clean and recently found myself in the abyss again! I had a relapse but trying to accept myself where I am and try all over! I donā€™t want to make the same mistakes and the Lord and Lady know my struggles about trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle! Pray :pray:t4: I learn some new protocols like protective spells to help my compulsive behaviors!
I will try to stay calm and not go against the waves :ocean:
Jeannie

I am also going to post on The Wheel of The Year and what that means for me! I follow the pagan wheel of the year! I am a Hecateian

I made this wheel of the year and if you get the book :closed_book: Keeping Her Keys
Keeping Her Keys book on Amazon
Are use Hecateā€™s wheel and her stropolus
Strophalos
There are 12 segments that are directions for Heckateā€˜s symbols.
She is guardian, guide, and gate keeper, and so for the wheel of the year there are chosen epithets that represent the energy of the month, using dark moons or new moon and full moons this year olds a wheel of the year with 39 days a number, reflecting Hecate and her threefold form.

She uses The month and the epithet associated with it! For example we are In Cynthonia and if you get her other book called
Entering Heckateā€™s Cave

She talks about boundaries and why they are important any way I think itā€™s a good practice to get into! I wish I could give you all the whole chapter but I would be taking to much space on the forum! If your interested in reading more about practical guides the book offers a book called [Creating boundaries ](https://The dialectal Behavior Thearpy Skills Workbook )creating boundaries is a good way to protect yourself in your magikal practice! ā€œEnergy flows where attention goesā€ Cyndi B Entering Hecates Cave

I hope this gives you all some perspective on my path that is perhaps personal to my practice! Hecate helps me build protocols for protection! I am currently working with Persephone because I understand that she ate the same pomegranate seed from Hermes! I am trying to live a magical life and I see that I even need to have boundaries up from the people I have in my life. I let my guard down so I will call out the epithet to help guide me back to my magical circle that will keep me safe. I really appreciate all of your post. I would love to make up some new ways of keeping my boundaries safe from people that like to break those boundaries! We have to put these boundaries up so people donā€™t mess around and get us stuck in the abyss!
Love and light sorry if this was to much but I wanted to share some pages that will maybe inspire you to work with Hecate yourself!
For Magikal Safety for this challenge I decided to share that there is a toxic plant that could be in your backyard! I actually have many around my are and are Toxic to pets
Oleander Shrub
Jeannie

11 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
Casual Casting

I often find myself doing Casual Magic, maybe a quick prayer or chant in the middle of stay could use a prayer or spell or meditation and I finish with "And with that it is done.

Sometimes a quick spin around and ā€œWhooshā€ for an Instant Circle.

And a quick chant that pops out sometimes like with super stress or heartache. It came to me shortly after my world was gone. I was walking from the last time I was able to pretend that everything was going to be okay. I just had about a mile to go to get to my ex-something, I really donā€™t know what to call him. Twin flame is as close as Iā€™ve got. He was helping me figure out how to be a person again, maybe inspiring is a better description. I felt pure calm and love when I was with him. The way he said my name was Magic and when he looked into my eyes, he could calm even the strongest terror. Even when we were arguing about not being able to be together, I was calm and content when I was with him.

Okay back on track. When I say that chant of 5 words that are not words, I feel calm and centered and like everything might actually be okay

12 Likes

Challenge results:
I did Cauldron Gazing for the first time. I was able to place the cauldron full of steaming water (moon water) on my altar along with two silver candles. I lit lemongrass incense while I did this. I did not have the herbs that the spell I used called for and tried to make some substitutions.
I was able to focus on this but nothing came to me tonight. I will keep trying and work some of the correct herbs.

12 Likes

Your entry, touched me so deeply my heart. :heartbeat: i will just say that i loved this entry and i love you sweetheart. This essence of casual magick, is just so amazing. It just feels like some another level of calming and deeply beautiful way to practice witchcraft in oneā€™s daily life. Beautiful & powerful, just like you.
:pink_heart: :pink_heart: :pink_heart:

10 Likes

Thank youu love! :hugs: :smiling_face:

8 Likes

challenge entries
I was worried id missed cut off. Ive been all over the place since getting put on medical leave. But much progress has been made and ive made a new friend ( my sisters best friend) who knows about all this stuff. And shes been great with helping with my newly discovered it was neurodivergent stuff all along reality :joy:
My entries are a little around this so thats why i share that bit of whats upā€¦ my sister picked me up from work after got sent home last week and took me to her friends place then while talking we fot to talking bout doom piles etc. So this leads me to my first challenge entry

challenge entry 1: of element of air
Just loved my new friends house and discovered figurines ect that pointed out she was pagan and witchy too so my quirky self jumping up and down so excited. Anyways so my sister and new friend came to my place to help with my place and my doom pile wall, much which had triggers but also mega overwhelming. They said not to feel bad that needed help ro go through it. It was decades of collections. Some went to womens shelter and sone was rubbish and other stuff storage. But my point of the entry was this :grin:

My friend lent me this so i could clear out any bad energies and help create my safe spaceā€¦ esp as im on leave for a while, ill need my home space to be calm and peaceful and safe. So first time using a smudge bundle :grin:

**challenge entry 2: reverent witch **
So in my change up of unit i also did a redo up of altar space. Its less cluttered and hopefully be easier to clean as had got dusty before. Kept deity/ clan cards and crystals ans sone plants etc but kept main space uncluttered. How long it will stay that way :woman_shrugging:but its nice to freshen up my altar space esp out of respect to my clan too.

Challenge entry 3: experimenter
So because ive had trouble going to shops and after being put on leave my new friend was
Like im going to do food shop and have a car you can just come with me and do your shopping with me. So today i had company and the big shops normally overwhelming ( im told it can be for adhd but also suspected to at least have autism as well but not diagnosed yet). But anyways habing my new friend there i was so much less overwhelmed.
Now being on leave im not allowed to work ( except to finish 1 task lol onky cause boss said she knew it was killing me to not be at work and wanting to help) but otherwise, wellā€¦ and so all those things i wish i could try or do, ive got time now lol
So while out, we went to a shop that had like alot of reasonably priced craft stuff. So this entry is about trying new things so i wont go into alk the stuff that tried before going to do but i collect nature and have some still and also ive wanted to try resin craft so i got some supplies for good price to give that a go. Add some witchy and nature ornaments to home.
Also i hsbe some air dry clay and ive wanted for ages to make ornaments for home n even stuff related to clan or pagan/witch stuff. I also got set of clay tools so that i can make those. Pravtice with playdough first but its all exciting and daunting cause not done before. So ive been watching videos on ppl making resinnand clay items etc to see how its down n now got tools to do both ( also candkes and painting etc but thats not new for me but clay and resin is ).

Whether id be able to make own statues for altar or just stuff for around the house i dont know but so glad to know my sister and new friend are totally cool about my pagan and witchy side as well as my neurodivergent side as well.

11 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to all of the challengers this week- what a wonderful assortment of magickal workings! No matter which area(s) of magick you explored and put on display for your Coven this week, thank you so much to everyone who jumped in to partake in the 160th challenge! :clap: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :trophy: :sparkles:

10 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The ā€œProps and Presentsā€ award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Award Post for the 160th Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge(s) :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

10 Likes

Hi Nixi,

I am so happy for you can even pretend I canā€™t. I just say whatā€™s on my mind and that is not good! I need patients!!

I know that feeling! I like to feel safe too!

So more it be!
When I saw your post I was so moved by it cause I feel the same way!
Jeannie

7 Likes