🔪 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Creative Crafting

Hi all! This is an Intention Stick I made from a branch of our Japanese Maple , Lavender ( I planted with inspiration from you all) Rosemary, Eucalyptus and Rainbow Selenite. I’m not very crafty so I’m so glad this challenge showed up when it did . It was super fun to make and I meditated on my intentions for my new career path and a new beginning. I didn’t think it would be so cathartic. I realized I probably need to develop my creative side more and let her out! Thanks everyone, I am very thankful and grateful to be able to participate.

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: so beautiful and creative! I LOVE IT! :heart:

4 Likes

I made this wand and stand for my crystal ball. I enjoyed it so much and am very proud/happy with how they turned out! Blessed be!

7 Likes

Hiya @pink! Welcome! Your wand and stand look fabulous :heart_eyes: I particularly love the blue gems around the crystal ball-so pretty and magical! :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks @Limeberry! So many awesome crafts and talented folks here!

4 Likes

Still time to participate? Hekate inspired me to create something nice for her today! :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Ooh yes this totally counts!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I was inspired by the Youtube Channel that @wendy4 shared a while back here!

So I started the process of making a Mother Tincture, i.e. a concentrated extract of a plant! :herb:

I still have an abundance of Lavender, so I used alcohol to extract the nutrients of the plant. I learned that alcohol allows easy absorption of natural components into the bloodstream, and it is also useful for its preservation.

DIY Lavender Tincture

• Glass jars with cap
  • 2 cups vodka
  • 1/2 cup organic lavender flowers, dried.

Instructions

1. Place lavender flowers into glass jar.
  2. Pour vodka over flower and place cap securely on.
  3. Give a little shake and place out of direct sunlight.
  4. Let sit for at least 2 weeks, giving it a little shake once in a while.
  5. Strain through a sieve, gently pressing flowers to extract all the goodness. You can strain again through a sieve lined with an unbleached coffee filter if you want.
  6. Place in a clean glass container with a tight cap. Keep out of direct sunlight.

Its Magickal Uses :sparkles:

Lavender favors clairvoyance. It brings harmony and peace to the home and it’s a great purifier. Some people place lavender under the pillow before going to bed to favor a calm, relaxed sleep.

9 Likes

That’s gorgeous @Nadialuna! What’s that glint of gold I see there in the middle? Anyhoo, it’s very creative!

Welcome Pink! You’re knocking it out of the ballpark on your first post! Great job!

Gosh, those bottles look great @Francisco! And that must smell heavenly! Way to go!

6 Likes

Well can’t do much lately, but I am drying lavender I harvested and 3 roses the bf gave me so I can grind them up and make something with them. Probably some oil.

7 Likes

Oh ya @Amethyst ! It’s actually a tree of life jade charm but it needs polishing, it looks gold in the pic. There is a silver heart too :slight_smile: :grinning:

7 Likes

That is some very unique inspiration, @Amethyst! :laughing: Hey, whatever sparks the writing genius, right? Well done! :clap:

Your Intention Stick is stunning, @Nadialuna :heart_eyes: I consider this very crafty- you made something truly beautiful! It is clear you have a talent for manifesting treasures- I am so glad you enjoyed the challenge and I hope to see more of your creations in the future :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A very warm welcome to you, @Pink! :two_hearts: And wow- look at that gorgeous wand and stand- nicely done! :clap: Gosh, I love how bright and shiny they look- you had such beautiful touches :blush: Thanks for sharing your charming creations!

Definitely, @CelestiaMoon! And you made a gorgeous Key Talisman for Hecate- it was a pleasure reading through the process :old_key::two_hearts: May it grant you sweet dreams, open many doors, and protect you with Hecate’s blessing. Gorgeously done! :raised_hands:

A wonderful use for one of my favorite herbs, @Francisco- your lavender tincture is lovely! :purple_heart: Looks like we are in sync with this week, as I also felt drawn to crafting with lavender! :grin:

That is a wonderful craft- dried herbs and flowers have a wide variety of uses and make beautiful crafts, decorations, and even toppings for food, @Katt! Enjoy your dried herbs and I hope you can find additional fun ways to use them :rose::two_hearts:

7 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED! :exclamation:

Thank you to all the creative crafters who joined in- seeing and hearing about your homemade treasures has been a delight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and rewards. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums :gift: :eyes:

This thread will remain open for the next week to allow discussion to continue, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Very nice! It looks good with the herbs and other things.

4 Likes

Thanks again @BryWisteria! My Mom actually had me write down the words to that song and used part of it as a prayer once. Everyone thought it was so lovely and asked her where she found it and she had to admit she got it from the Muppets. LOL.

4 Likes

Thank you! I had a lovely time putting it together.

5 Likes

Thank u so much and I’m loving this community

5 Likes

Thank u and thanks for the challenge

5 Likes

@Francisco How did I miss this… I love it! I am putting this in my notes, I may have to plant more lavender next spring so I have enough to harvest

5 Likes

You are very welcome, @Pink! Glad you enjoyed the challenge- and again, great job! :clap:

Hooray for more lavender! You can never have too much :purple_heart: And with how crafty you are, @Berta, I’m sure it will all be used up quickly in your amazing creations! :star_struck:

4 Likes