šŸŒ» Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Flower Power

I havenā€™t been able to do much with my practice lately due to home renovations and most of my stuff is packed. :roll_eyes: However, I did get to prepare my garden. I dug out any weeds, added fresh soil. My favorite thing is when I grow certain plants from seeds in a planter thatā€™s keep in a window, I draw sigils on the pot for protection and growth. I also say a blessing over the soil. I first water the plants with moon water as a tradition. Ooh, I canā€™t wait to I get my garden finished. The weather has been so generous lately.

13 Likes

They all turned out beautifully!

10 Likes

So, totally by accident, I had planned on doing something else entirely, but then I got a toothache. When I went back through the challenge. Iā€™m pretty sure that I can use

My challenge entry

12 Likes

Oh, you wonderful child! I cannot tell you the number of times Iā€™ve wanted to look someone in the eye an say ā€œ Dracarys* !ā€ And watch them burn, sorry, what a terrible thing to say!
(Under my breath, in a sullen voice - But I really wanted to.)
Blessed Be
Garnet

8 Likes

Lavender has a soothing and calming scent after a long day. I rely on mostly essential oils and flower essences that I purchase. Every so often the Farmerā€™s market has fresh lavender which is such a treat. I also want to find some Lavender Honey.

It wasnā€™t my plan to gather so many lotions, creams, sprays, soaps, oils that contained lavender. It just seemed like I started layering the scent and the color with the products I was buying. I was having major sleep issues and I found the lavender scent sprayed near my bed at night helped me drift oft to sleepā€¦ once I put my phone down. Then I started using lavender lotion on my feet and hands before slipping beneath the covers.

I enjoy ā€˜playing spaā€™. I create a bed-and-breakfast weekend atmosphere here at home. And I include many spa treatments for renewal, relaxation and rejuvenation. I prepare menus, relaxing activities, wonderful food, spa music, manicure and pedicure, a luxurious soak in the tub with candles. I enjoy mixing oils into creams and diffusing essential oils. Then we pretend we are off at some far away destination of our choosing and virtually escape the mundane into the miraculous.

Lavender has many healing qualities. Itā€™s antibacterial and anti-microbial. Nothing soothes the spirit like the soft fragrance. It smells so purple. Side note: Colors remind me of smells. And coffee and tea remind me of colors. Some products are mixed with vanilla or chamomile. Epsom salts with lavender is divine for a bath. I like to toss in some dry milk powder. Oh, the wonder of a milk bath. You can also add a little cornstarch for a silky feel. Turn on some Steven Halpern musicā€¦ slip into the warm water and dream of lavender fields in Provence, France.

Fortunately, there are many ā€˜lavender farmsā€™ from which I can order products. They say it is very easy to grow. Drought tolerant. Must be in soil that drains well. Havenā€™t tried that yetā€¦. But, maybe I will this season.

Note: A YouTube video is perfect to help you go to sleep. A 35 minute ASMR bedtime story about being in lavender fields and falling asleep under the stars, near a crackling campfire. Itā€™s called ā€˜The Lavender Fields of Provence by Michelleā€™s Sanctuaryā€™

Night night
Sleep well tonight
Lavender mist
Bring me joyful bliss

MODERATOR EDIT Lavender Fields of Provence: Michelleā€™s Sanctuary YouTube

14 Likes

Hi @Amber.8! I think Iā€™m going to try this, I have a pair of headphones that I use for Celtic :triquetra: Relaxation Music. Iā€™d like a change I think. Thank you for sharing a great entry. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you donā€™t mind, I added the link to the video in your post. Itā€™s perfectly fine to link straight to the videos from other sites. :hugs:

12 Likes

Continuing the discussion from :sunflower: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Flower Power:

@Susurrus Thank you so much. I appreciate you linking the video. It really is a lovely meditation. Iā€™m on my way to the Herb Shop to get some lavender. Iā€™m thinking lavender scones would be nice. Iā€™m also making some chocolate ones with coconut sugar. Have a lovely afternoon. :smile:

13 Likes

I love flowers and during the pandemic I took advantage of working from home to plant several varieties around my home including roses, daffodils, jasmine, and Tulips. I also keep an assortment of dried flowers for spells, salves, and tinctures that I make:

image3

I even use dried flowers in what I call my ā€œpandemic modelsā€ā€¦small models I built from scratch during the pandemic and lockdown. I wanted to create something in the midst of so much heartache and loss and I added dried flowers inside and outside of these (all in all, I made 12 models):

image7

But thereā€™s one magickal flower I focused on for this challenge because I wanted to learn more about it and because I found its versatility to be fascinatingā€¦the lilac. Hereā€™s what I learned:

image14

Lilacs are pretty flowers that bloom during the late spring and early summer. They also have a distinct fragrance. Depending on the species, the colour and shade of lilacs can vary from a pale white, pink, red, to deep purple.
Although often associated with romantic meanings, lilacs, particularly the white ones, are not appreciated as decorations at home in some parts of the United Kingdom.
This is because white lilacs used to be placed next to a coffin to mask the scent of death. However, this is just one of the folklore tales told.
On the other hand, a five-petaled lilac is believed to bring good fortune and thus is acceptable by many.
People believe that lilac flowers have the magical qualities to banish bad energy due to its light yet strong fragrance. Some said that lilac plants should be planted around the home to keep out those who have malicious intentions, as well as malevolent spirits and ghosts.
The lilac is a hardy flower that can endure through the harsh winter. Therefore, lilacs are believed to carry a significant energy that can help you through the hardships of life. If you are looking for a flower to represent a breakthrough of a difficult time, lilac is one of them.
Besides that, the lilacā€™s magical fragrance has made it a popular ingredient in perfumes or cosmetics products. Lilac is also a powerful ingredient in essential oils that aims to treat skin disorders, fungal and bacterial infections, and even as stomach disorders or fever reducer.
It is also said that in aromatherapy, the lilac fragrance has the power to alleviate depression and increase relaxation. Some other popular magical beliefs are that these flowers can guide you to a better love life, beauty, and harmony.

I bought a lilac plant two years ago and have it on my patio in a pot. Iā€™ve never planted it in the ground but each year, even after a harsh winter, it blooms again in the pot. I feel guilty that I have taken the time to put it in the ground to let it ā€œstretch itā€™s legsā€. After learning more about this flower, I plan to plant my lilac in the ground in the late summer to show it some love :slight_smile:

Thanks for this challenge, I really enjoyed it.

18 Likes

Is that an invite? Those sound amazing! I hope theyā€™re as wonderful as they sound. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Oh I love your miniature houses. That looks like so much fun. :smile:

15 Likes

There is a lavender farm about 20 minutes from my house and I have never been to it. This year I am definitely going to go.

14 Likes

I found out that my neighbor grows Heather & she said this year that I could have some.

I am so excited to have some in my front yard!

14 Likes

Thank you!

12 Likes

@Ostara Oh yes I hope you get to go. The Hill Country has some lovely ones so Iā€™ve been told.

Today I bought some lavender at an herb store along with some lavender mint tea and a lavender and blood orange candle.

It all smells so good. I also purchased a little loose tea, peach ice cream (tea). Looking forward to trying that. I may just eat it.

:laughing:

14 Likes

One of my favorite teas that I buy is chamomile & lavender tea. I have also done chamomile, lavender, & mint is really good like if you have seasonal allergies & you get stuffed up a little bit. :hugs:

14 Likes

@Susurrus I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen heather. If I did, I did not know what it was. Take a picture for us. :smile:

14 Likes

Already prepared my Water of Norte Dame for Ostara tomorrow. I donā€™t have any blue food coloring, but I do have a blue spray bottle.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here is the chant I wrote:

The flowers bloom
filling the air with a sweet perfume
The birds sing,
The Solar Dragon has returned and
brought us Spring
I spread thee,
Water of Notre Dame
Like a very busy bee
May peace and joy,
and health and happiness
reign on

17 Likes

@Susurrus My allergies :sneezing_face: give me a little trouble. Iā€™m hoping the lavender oil and lavender buds sachet I made today will help with my asthma. Been doing a lot of healing work with AA Raphael in that area. Thank you Siofra for mentioning that lavender helps with allergies.

14 Likes

I certainly will @Amber.8. Since we had downpours today, Iā€™ll check it tomorrow. Itā€™s purple & there is a topic about it for some other information. Once It has started blooming I will most definitely take a picture & share it with you!

Medicinal and Magickal- an Introduction to Heather! :herb:

Heather Spiritual Uses Spells8 :infinite_roots:

may-marketing-YvKScM5YyBk-unsplash
Image Source Credit - Unsplash

16 Likes

Thanks @Amber.8! They were very fun to make but took some patience. The one in the pic took about 100 hours to make.

15 Likes