šŸŒ± Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - From Seed to Sprout

For Imbolc I had intended to light candles all around my apartment yesterday - and good thing I wanted to, because I lost electricity for most of the day!
Iā€™m still lighting candles today - and a bit later I will run to the store to get some Lemon and Poppy seed to bake a cake.

6 Likes

My Imbolc started in a very symbolic way but all too real, watching the moon set and the sun rise! :sweat_smile: In other words, no sleep at all this night, making my mind extra all over the placeā€¦ :smiley:

Iā€™ve been reading about Brighid and listening to peopleā€™s experiences about her, and got the feeling that sheā€™s super strict and that I would have to be really careful with my words not to sign away my freedom and have her take total control of my life! But I also got a feeling that I might be missing some bigger picture here. I was fascinated nonetheless!

Being a perfect day for this, I decided to make an altar to her, offering her some cider and chocolate (who doesnā€™t like chocolate?) to thank her for the coming light thatā€™s very much welcome. I used a pendulum (for the very first time I might add!) to ask her if itā€™s okay to take a picture of the altar and she said no, otherwise Iā€™d love to show you!

The tiredness probably made it easier to fall into a kind of trancelike state, but it didnā€™t make it easier to think in words! :grin: I had (have) four candles on the altar, two white and two redā€¦ I had a hard time getting them to light up! I had to come up with the words, why Iā€™m approaching her, what do I want, no what do I really wantā€¦ I can say it was very fulfilling though! One by one I got the candles to burn, and I was kinda starting to get a more personal feel for her method, strict yes but still warm.

Sometimes if I deliberately close my eyes and let go I can enter a kind of half-asleep state, and it definitely gets easier if Iā€™m already very tired. (Just have to watch out slipping into full asleep there! :sweat_smile:) I can even feel rapid eye movement when doing it.

I got a feeling that it would be the right thing to do, and when I did I felt like there was a flame right at my center, and it was not uncomfortable, more like ethereal, having a feeling of energy but not burning. It started out about as big as my torso, flickering like flames do, but slowly getting smaller and smaller. I consciously didnā€™t interject, wanting to see what it would do. It got really small, and I was almost sure it would just fizz out and that would be the end of the show and Iā€™d have to just open my eyes. Instead I was starting to feel something on my backā€¦ the fire made its way out of there, slowly forming into wings on my back. I was feeling powerful. But it was gentle power. Not the hungry, passionate kind of fire, but instead warming and comforting. A feeling of self-confidence, the longer lasting kind, the grounded kind. Now I could open my eyes, and take that feeling out into the waking world.

I settled from a tense, laser-focused mindset into a more calm and mindful one. I listened to some music appropriate to the occasion (this one by Lisa Thiel gave me a very warm feeling!) and got some fresh air. After which I was prompted to put on warm socks. I have a lot to process now! Like tiny seeds that will sprout into something beautiful. Iā€™m thoroughly humbled.

8 Likes

Beautiful cross! Great job on it!

4 Likes

This is my first Imbolc and was looking forward to it. First I cleaned my altar and changed the tablecloth. I used yellow and Orange colors. I wanted to get some flowers but we were in the middle of a snowstorm. Therefore, I had to use one of my potted plants to add some greenery to the altar. I arranged my crystals, did the :candle: ritual and put Brigidā€™s corn doll center stage on the altar. ( I almost skipped it because I had a death from covid over the weekend of a close family friend.) I was actually feeling sad through out the ritual. However, I did feel Brigidā€™s precense comfort me. I probably sat at my altar for 3 hours or so. Iā€™m glad I got up to honor her day- it did brighten my mood. @Francisco thank you for the beautiful quote!!
Happy Imbolc to all!
Blessed be.(upload://zR7Tz8DbaOAyb2npA7vg2V5AHN3.jpeg)

10 Likes

The candles worked out well- I hope your electricity is back on now, @laurie! :pray::candle: Lemon Poppy Seed Cake is one of my favorites- a bright and cheery cake perfect for dark winter days :lemon: :birthday:

I hope you had a lovely Imbolc celebration!

Such an amazing experience- thank you for sharing, @CelestiaMoon! It sounds like you have a very successful and powerful Imbolc celebration. How lovely that you were able to forge a new connection with Brighid :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Treasure those warm and gentle feelings of power- and may your winds of flaming energy continue to lift you to new heights :dove::heart:

Congrats on your first Imbolc celebrations, @walter! :blush: It sounds like you had a lovely time. Iā€™m glad you were able to find some greenery, it looks like a truly lovely set-up- the pictures are stunning! :two_hearts:

Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your recent loss, but I am glad you were able to find comfort in Brighidā€™s caring and loving presence :pray:. May She continue to comfort you as you and your loved ones heal.

5 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job, everyone- itā€™s been a delight to read about your Sabbat preparations and celebrations as you welcome in the changing of the seasons! :seedling: :ear_of_rice:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for one week, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Thank you, I will! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :fire:

6 Likes

@CelestiaMoon That was a great account of what you experienced during your Imbolc ritual! As I read it I felt like I was immersed in it too! Thanks for sharing

@walter Magnific work on the corn doll and a perfect altar setup as always! I like the seashells, they have a wild staring look! :nazar_amulet:

7 Likes

Thank you so much Francisco!

6 Likes

@BryWisteria , thank you for your kind words and compliment. Yes, I really did feel her true presence and it felt like she cradled me. Best way I can describe it. I went to sleep peacefully and felt her with me through out the night. Kept chanting her name as I slept- was even present in my dreams.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

I didnā€™t do a whole lot. I did follow the ritual provided in the video with the white candle, water, and pumpkin seeds. My husband joined me as well, even though heā€™s not been practicing with me. I have learned that I need to start preparing more ahead of time to do all that I would like to. I will be more prepared next time!

6 Likes

It was nice of your husband to join you, even if he doesnā€™t practice. That is a lot of respect coming from him. You are blessed. :grinning: The next Sabbat is Ostara, in March, so you have time to prepare. I hasten to add anything you do, from the simplest ritual to the most complex, is perfect for you in that occasion. There is no pressure to ā€œget things rightā€. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You are truly blessed, @walter! Such a lovely experience- it is reassuring to know that comfort is close by when you need it :hugs: :two_hearts:

That sounds lovely, @michelle22! :blush: And how nice that your husband joined in- you have a very supportive partner! Like Benjamin said, Ostara is a few weeks away so you have plenty of time to think out what youā€™d like to do :+1: Iā€™m glad you had such a lovely Imbolc experience :green_heart:

8 Likes

This challenge has closed. You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.