šŸ–‹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Handwritten Magick

Same!! When in grad school I had a binder full of articles and my friends would laugh. But when it came to our discussions, I was always the most prepared, lol.

11 Likes

Well Iā€™m embarrassed that I let last weekā€™s challenge pass me by without an entry.

I will say this is right up my alley as Iā€™m old and old school in my fondness for handwriting things. Itā€™s how I was taught to learn and itā€™s how my brain is wired.

Not sure if Iā€™ll write a spell, copy one onto my book or write a shadowwork entry but Iā€™ll work on it tomorrow to keep my mind off the impending tropical storm.

12 Likes

AAAAAAAAHHH!!! I love this week challenge!!!

Even when Iā€™m doing my whole BOS digital and printing it, I love to take notes and leave new information handwritten. As soon as I get back home, Iā€™ll post a photo in my challenge entry!

12 Likes

Thank you and yes i have found a passion for writing i didnā€™t even know i had thanks to my BOM :blush:

11 Likes

@Martje That sounds like an amazing way to jump into writing and let your creativity flow- I love the idea of a daily story prompt! :star_struck: And yes, it does fit perfectly well with this challenge! Wishing you all the best with your writing, Martje- let us know how it goes! :writing_hand: :sparkles:

@Medea You are very welcome, Medea! :blush: Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what youā€™ll do for theme- and thank you, you too! :heart:

@Artemisia No worries at all, Kat! There is something about this time of year that feels like someone hit the fast forward button :fast_forward: :laughing: No worries about any missed challenges, as the next catch up is never too far away! :blush: Iā€™m glad you like the theme this week- it sounds like you have some very exciting ideas. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing what you pick! Good luck! :sparkles:

@SpanishWitchy Hooray! :partying_face: Iā€™m so glad you resonate so strongly with the theme- it sounds like handwriting is a talent of yours! Good luck and Iā€™ll look forward to seeing your entry! :sparkling_heart:

@TheMuslimWitch Youā€™re very welcome- I hope you continue to pursue your passion for writing! Happy writing in your Book! :open_book: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

Handwritten but in dutch so I imagine you canā€™t make anything of it. Most of you at least.
So Iā€™ll try to translate

The first thing I meet when I come home is my cat. She asks for strokes and wants to get cuddled. She is a bit agitated. I can hear it in her meows as if she is a bit cross because she has been left alone for half a day. I like it that she comes down to greet me, and asks for my attention. She is my life for a little more than a year.
I got her from an old man who had to move to a nursing home and couldnā€™t take his cat with him. Along with cat litters, cat feeding bowls, a supply of cat food, and a scratchingpost. All for free. Her name is Saartje. Little Sarah in english
I am glad she came into my life. After the death of my first cat ā€˜Plokjeā€™ I did not want another. I had found it difficult to say goodbye. She was so familiar to me, I knew her so well.

But now there is this other cat with a whole unique character, and I realize I love her just as well.

This is a very nice discovery. It gives me hope. If I can love another cat just as much in a totally different way, then maybe I can also love another person close into my life.

She has eaten now and walks to the kitchen.
This night she will probably lay on top of my back while I sleep.
I hope I will be asleep when she does that. It is difficult to fall asleep with a cat on your back.
It is very cozy to wake up with a cat on your back :black_cat:

I wrote this with my timer on ten minutes, non stop. The assignment was to write about the first thing you see.

17 Likes

This is one of the reasons I love feedbackā€¦you can learn so much from others. Textbook learning gives you the basics but feedback gives you detailed knowledgeable experience with different points of view from others/people/Witchā€™s.

13 Likes

Challenge Entry

Prayer for Anyone in the Path of a Storm

Dovahzul:
Odstrum ahrk Niiz
Ven krul
Morwuld uv Surahgol
Munax ahrk briit, Lund los
Drun Genazend ahrk Faaz

Huzrah, lot Dovah, mu daar voth Bonaarom
Fah pah ko Ven do Strum
Ahtiida zeim Lok do sadon
Uv Lok do vul bii

Ful zuā€™u saag
Full nii fent los

English:
Blizzard and hail
Winds wail
Tornado and hurricane
Cruel and beautiful, nature is
Bringing pleasure and pain

Oo, Great Dragons, we humbly pray for all in the path of a storm,
To weather through
A sky of gray
Or a sky of dark blue
So I say,
So it shall be

15 Likes

Challenge Entry

This challenge couldnā€™t be more timely for me as I find that I have to change my recording method. When I returned, I found it difficult to choose between using a looseleaf, which felt too academic but would make the incorporation of outside and extra information extremely easy, or a bound book, which felt more emotional but is impossible to alter.

I chose the bound book and have used it as a grimoire predominantly.
Iā€™ve since decided to move the information into a looseleaf. In tearing out the pages and organizing my notes, I realized that I have no shadow or mirror content. So, thatā€™ll be addition one!

Iā€™ve also decided to add a Calligraphed or ornamental first letter to certain sheets, like the ritual sheet. Any suggestions are appreciated!

This is a startā€¦Iā€™ll be using my Eclectic deck pictured here as inspirationā€¦I think this project may give me time to truly think about the things Iā€™ve learned and observed.

15 Likes

Challenge Entry: Handwritten Magick

I wasnā€™t able to do what I wanted for this challenge because of the side effects from Taxotere chemotherapy affecting my hands with neuropathy. So, I wrote out a spell I use (not very legible) to call upon the power of the goddess of the moon, Artemis into my athame. I like her because sheā€™s very Green Witch friendly with her focus on nature, vegetation, wilderness and the hunt. Iā€™m not sure if you can call upon any other goddess with this spell or not, but I have only used it to call Artemis.

I will use this spell before I need to cast a very strong spell to aid me with the power required. It is an advanced spell and will use quite a bit of energy. I would wait for 24 hours after this one to cast the next one. The power of Artemis can bind spirits into stones, rings or amulets supposedly, although I never have done that. Her energy can also be used with healing and other magick workings.

The power will be drawn into your anthame, and besides reciting the words below, your anthame is all you will need. The spell is called:

The Call of Nine

Raise the Anthame in the air and say:

"Gracious goddess,
Holy and divine,
Answer the call of nine

One - I stand before thy throne;

Two - I invoke thee alone;

Three - I hold aloft my blade;

Four - Descend as the spell is made;

Five - Lend thy power to give it life;

Six - Thy power into my knife;

Seven - On Earth, in sky, and shinning sea;

Gracious goddess Artemis be with me;

Eight - Come now the call is made;

Nine - Give thy power into my blade.ā€

So seeeeeeeā€¦. Everyone - if I can write like this and submit an entry ā€” YOU CAN TOO!!! :see_no_evil: :writing_hand:

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

I got the idea for this weekā€™s challenge from the book I read last reading session, The Magical Writing Grimore by Lisa Marie Basile. Itā€™s a poem to connect you to one of the elements.

I chose Fire because while thatā€™s supposed to be a Summer element, I think of bonfires and spices and wrapping up warm in the Fall. I hope you like this poem.

Fire I Ask You ā€¦

Fire I ask you to burn with me on my passions,
let me enjoy the Fall nights full of cinnamon and cinders.
Wrapped up in a warm blanket and feeling protected.

Fire I ask you to burn with me in knowledge,
ignite within me the flame of information and gathering,
during the shorter days to keep me warm.

Fire I ask you to burn with me in compassion.
Help me to wrap up my friends in warmth and love,
so that you may burn away all illnesses and impurities with a healing flame.
Fire I ask you to burn with me.

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

• After missing 2 weeks in a row, I believeā€¦ :thinking: I have to check that I feel like itā€™s been forever. Yay for catch-ups! I can get caught up in one catch-up I think.

I started a specific Grimoire to write down things that I commonly use & would like to pass on to someone once I am no longer here. I donā€™t know who, because currently, my daughter is only 13 & sporadically interestedā€¦ so thereā€™s that, but I get that sheā€™s 13 so there are other things going on with friends & school & being 13ā€¦

I have left a couple of pages blank & started adding recipes or spells, incense, essential oil blends for my diffuser, herbs mixes, oils for wearing, anointing, and sprays for cleansing & wearing. I really have to go through my 5 binders & pick the main things I use to write in it.

All kinds of things are in there. I also have pdfs of a Deluxe Tarot Journal, Ogham Journal, Runes Journal, and Crystal Journal (thatā€™s how I started keeping track of what I had, then ran out of options & pages :laughing: I think I may have a few more but they come in handy.

I also write in my Book of Mirrors as much as I can, especially when I am going through something that is transformative, releasing, etcā€¦

This is the Grimoire I hope to pass to someone when I am ready to leave

This is my current Book of Mirrors. Sometimes they fill up fast. Right now, Iā€™m having trouble with what to write & only get about 3 paragraphs in it before I have to stop for the day or until later in the day. Iā€™m trying to make it daily, but right now itā€™s about every other day.

14 Likes

Ok so i finally figured out my thing for this week. I just finished writibg out all the oracle abd tarot spreads i want to practice in my divination practice that i want to do more of. I have everything from yes no spreads, daily, weekly, monthly and moon cyckes, morning and night spread, interview deck, decision making, checking in, hierarchy of beeds spreads and i also found day specific spreads to match energy of days and found 2 past life ones too. Ive got a whole notebook with all the spreads n notrs i need to start my practice and a notebook to record my actual divinations in. Im too tired to di any divinatiins tonight but im relieved i finished writing oyt the spreads at leastā€¦ another thing accomplished today. Yay

10 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn your calligraphy is gorgeous! Love your entry - and as far as the eclectic deck as inspiration, that is brilliant, I love the colors and aesthetics! :green_heart:, Jan

8 Likes

Ooh almost forgot, i discovered spreads for each rune that i was looking at. It just means ive got some more spreads to write out tommorow in book as well but still todays effort was a good start. It will be my divination reference book for spreads. But yeah it will need to wait till tommorow lol as much as id hoped to have finished before bed, that is an expidiction in itself to write oiy the spreads for all the runes. Its spreads based on runes n in shape of them not just using runes which was wjy i thought was interesying. I was moving my books n stuff aside n saw the sheet of paper id notes tge runes on to make sure found all spreads lol hut oh well as i said even if still some more to do, n not finisged as id hoped before bed, at least was a good start. :blush:

8 Likes

Challenge Entry- Handwritten Magick

Iā€™ve missed the last couple as well @Susurrus. Sooooo, Here is my entry:

I made a little BOS notebook for quick reference to things, like recipes to help me or herbs. Also, Astrology info that I forget or anything I think I may need to look up. I try to make it look cute by sticking nice papers or labels in it. Itā€™s less than 3 inches tall, its so little and cute. I used it for when I travel. I have many notebooks. I love writing things down. I had to take a couple of pics because I think its the cutest thing LOLā€¦

I laid it on top of a regular size notebook so you all can see how small it isā€¦

And here is a picture of an inside pageā€¦

I have a bigger book that I want to decorate too, I just need the time to get to it. I really enjoyed making this little book and enjoy using it even more.
:butterfly:

13 Likes

You, my lovely one, are way too kind :blush:
So, you can add that to your repertoire which includes personal strength, boundless hope, the eternal desire to learn and grow, and so much more

Sending you sincerest blessings :rose:

9 Likes

Thats awesome! & so beautiful :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Communication & Protection Sigil- My Handwritten Magick Entry

Gently dipping my toes back in the Weekly Witchy Challenge after a long absence :grinning:

I was inspired by Magical Craftingā€™s youtube video A Day in the Life of a Witchy Content Creator, Deity Work, Sigil Magic & Self Love. At the 12 minute mark she speaks of the importance of clear communications . After this last Mercury Retrograde I figured Iā€™d like some support with my communications. :telephone_receiver: :woozy_face: :interrobang:

ā€œAll my communications are clear & easily understood & reflect my intentions. This device is protected energetically and physicallyā€

Oh, and Iā€™ve been dropping my phone a lot lately. Poor thing.

This is the second sigil and as you can see Iā€™m still experimenting with different styles. I choose number 3 because of its friendly vibe.
I activated the sigil with Blue Chalcedony (such a lovely wave of gentle energy) to support me with communicating with care and Black Tourmaline for protecting it from my rough handling and my butter fingers.

Iā€™ve really enjoyed reading the creative and diversity challenges submitted by everyone. :two_hearts:

Cheers,
Jan :triskele:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

Just zippity-do-da-ing in super quickly to share some pages from my manifestation journal. I have only been working with manifestation magick since June and I tell you what. It works! To quote something down that I found on Pinterest ā€œwrite it down on a sheet of real paper with a real pen and watch :poop: get realā€

Basically my manifestation methods seem to work best with journaling. Iā€™m not so great with visualisation. Well I can visualise it but I like to get distracted and I can go from A to Z completely skipping B to Y. But journaling helps me focus. Especially the repetition methods.

When working with journal manifestation it best to use lots of different methods, try and keep your sentences short and sweet and to the point, try and be specific as you can. Personally I have used the 3,6,9 method 33x3, 55x5, 77x7 method 5 x and detailed description and a letter to the universe.

I like to add in affirmations that have the vibe Iā€™m going for.

The writing in these pages is BIG for me. I think that I was taught to write by a fruit fly as normally most people say they need a magnifying glass to read my handwriting.

Basically what I was manifesting in these pages was a Smoky Amethyst and Super 7 sphere from a local crystal shop here in Perth. Thereā€™s only one of each, once theyā€™re gone that was it. I saw them online and oh how I fell head over heels in love and I WANTED them. I had 100% complete and utter FOMO but there was no way that I could afford to buy them at the time, well I could have but that would have been a little silly of me and stretching myself a little too thin for comfort. But I was stressing and obsessing and then I had a lightning bolt moment and said to myself ā€œder Fred just manifest them, your manifestations have worked I the past, this will work too, just ask the universe dummyā€.

Well I did ask and yup about a month later when I had managed to sensibly save up the (say it quickly and it wonā€™t sound so bad) $450ish AUD to buy them, there they were still waiting for me. I not only ordered them, but because I think the universe gave me a little nudge I asked about a lay-by option instead of paying the whole lot up front and yup turns out the ladies who run this shop are amazing and you can have things on lay-by for as long as you need, no minimum deposit or payments required all they ask is make regular payments and to top it off they gave me $40 discount for taking both. So this turned out better than I could have even imagined. The spheres that I wanted are mine but I got them cheaper and I could pay them off with what I can afford when I can. 3 more pay days and they can come home. Thank you universe :blush: :hugs:.

Super 7

Smoky Amethyst

12 Likes