🔍 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Interpreting Signs & Messages

@bj1 That’s looks amazing. Such a unique system. Can it be modified for masculine divine aswell, I only seem to connect with male deities/demons, I wonder. :thinking:. This is good. Thankyou for sharing and your “runic butterflies” are gorgeous :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Most of D. J. Conway’s works have a feminist slant, but I don’t see why it couldn’t be used with a masculine perspective. I would leave out the “possible pregnancy” interpretation for the Horns symbol and just go with “a time of productive activity”. :laughing:

12 Likes

Well, you never know, I work with Loki, anythings possible :rofl::rofl::green_heart: Thankyou :green_heart:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry - Interpreting Signs & Messages

I chose to do a tarot spread called “I’m Finding it Hard to Say: Difficult Conversations”

Took some time to meditate and ground myself and used one of my favorite tarot decks for this spread.

Given the personal and private nature of this topic (to me), I’m choosing not to post the cards or my reading.

But I will say this spread was amazing and one I will use again and soon to help sort things as I navigate a sea of turbulence.

Just because it popped into my head while I was working on this challenge and felt it relevant. :pray:

"Some times a cigar is just a cigar" - Sigmund Freud

TL:DR version - not everything is a symbol or sign.
sometimes a cigar is just a cigar - Wiktionary, the free dictionary

Longer more interesting read about this -
Sigmund Freud: 'Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.' — The Socratic Method

:stop_sign:

14 Likes

I’ve missed you and it’s so wonderful to see you posting! :hugs:
Wonderful and thoughtful entry :thinking: How interesting that you’ve got completely new (pantheon) deities reaching out!! So exciting!

13 Likes

I am sorry my Sister Witch but I do not believe for a second that you are not good at interpreting signs. I remember reading one of your posts and it reminds me now how you helped determine the meaning of “someone’s” question regarding a sign from a deity. I thought to myself… wow, yes that is right, Damn she is good!

I am going to look for that post/reply.
Blessed Be,
Medea

15 Likes

Do you know what symbols these are?

17 Likes

Awwwwwwww thankyou :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging: I appreciate you. Missed you :heartbeat:

13 Likes

I know! It’s so exciting but also slightly terrifying as I don’t know as much about these Pantheons as I do the Greeks.

13 Likes

You have a very pretty and complete set of 13 witch’s runes!
From left to right and top to bottom they are: rings, man, harvest, eye, star, woman, moon, romance, flight, sun, waves, crossroads, and scythe.
On the website www.llewellyn.com you will find an article written on Nov. 14, 2016 by Alexandra Chauran called Witch’s Runes: A Simple Introduction to Rune Reading. The meaning of each rune is given.
You can also google “witch’s runes” or “witches runes” and find images of sheets with the symbols and meanings on them.
I might just make a set for myself!

16 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you! I am glad I asked you.

14 Likes

My entry:

My intuition story,

Me being a Pisces plus spiritual woke i see how things happen for a reason as of it was planned. One of my stories is when my mom came to visit me on my birthday
Her sprit sent a sign that she was here , she made a crazy shadow happen on my curtain then I looked it was just a ladybug , that was a sign she was with me for my birthday,

But the other story is every day I feel something towards someone and that’s how I know I will encounter that person that day , if I keep hearing about a car crash I will encounter that day somehow that a friend or family member got into a crash or hear about one

14 Likes

Hey @Amaris_Bane I’ve been missing you :revolving_hearts: :dizzy: :revolving_hearts:

14 Likes

Weekly Challenge Entry

Types of Divination :star2:

:black_joker: Tarot Reading: Ah, the classic! Shuffle those cards, lay 'em out, and let the symbols tell your story. It’s like a psychic storytime with beautifully illustrated cards.

:crystal_ball: Crystal Ball Gazing: Channel your inner fortune teller and gaze into the shimmering depths of a crystal ball. See visions, symbols, or just a really fancy paperweight – your call!

:coffee: Tea Leaf Reading: Sip your cuppa, but don’t toss those leaves! The way they settle in your cup can unveil the mysteries of the universe. Get ready to decipher some leafy hieroglyphics.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: Palmistry (Chiromancy): Study the lines, mounts, and shapes on your palm. Each crease tells a story about your life path, personality, and potential. It’s like reading a roadmap to your destiny right on your hand!

:dove: Feather Divination: Feathers are more than just fashionable accessories for birds! They can carry messages from the spirit world. Find one, meditate on it, and decode its wisdom.

:cyclone: Runes Casting: Norse warriors used them, and now you can too! Grab some ancient runestones, cast them, and let the runic symbols weave tales of your destiny.

:candle: Candle Scrying: Light a candle, focus on the flame, and let your visions come to life within the flickering glow.

:herb: Pendulum Magic: Swing that pendulum and ask it some yes-or-no questions. Allow the pendulum to swing freely and always keep your hand still to allow the energy to truly answer you questions.

:last_quarter_moon: Numerology: Numbers, man! They’re everywhere, and they’ve got a lot to say. Discover your life path, destiny, and soul numbers.

:mag: Scrying Mirrors: Stare into the abyss… or, well, a special mirror! Gaze deep, and let the answers reveal themselves.

:ocean: Water Scrying: Gaze into the reflective surface of water – be it a pond, a lake, or even a scrying bowl. Watch as ripples reveal the unseen.

:shell: Shell Divination: Channel your inner mermaid! Listen to the whispers of seashells and let them reveal their secrets. You can also collect a handful of different shells and cast them. Their placement, pattern, etc, can reveal important details!

:old_key: Key Casting (Cleidomancy): Gather a collection of old keys, close your eyes, and toss them onto a cloth. The position and arrangement of the keys will unveil symbolic messages or answers to your questions. It’s like unlocking the secrets of the cosmos, one key at a time.

:notes: Music Divination (Alectryomancy): Play some tunes and let the lyrics, melodies, or even random song selections speak to you. The songs that resonate can offer messages or insights about your current situation. Let the music be your mystical DJ!

With this ever-growing list of divination methods, you’ll have a magical tool for every occasion. Trust your intuition and let your inner seeker explore the mystical world of divination. Happy divining, cosmic explorers! :crystal_ball::stars:

17 Likes

That is a very visually appealing list. Thank you!

13 Likes

Challenge Entry
Signs sign everywhere signs… that song is coming up for me so here is the video if you want a musical interlude…
Tesla Signs

My guides, spirit and the universe always sends me things. If I feel lost I always ask for a billboard to get direction. I also try to as for help daily see the prayer i use

Prayer for clarity

🔍 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Interpreting Signs & Messages - #5 by celineelise

Usually i see animals, marquees all sorts lf things.
This week it seems that it has been bees.
There has been a swarm of bees in the yard of the house next door hanging out in the grass bussimy buzzing away.
There is

af34f4a14e21ab7625e84633320d69ba_480x480
Bee Magic

Manifesting Bee

Bee :honeybee: spirit animal

Bee symbolism from Animal speak, the spiritual powers od creatures great and small by Ted Andrews pages 337-338
KEYNOTE: Fertility and the Honey of Life

Bees have been mythical symbols throughout the world. In Hinduism, depending upon how depicted, the bee to Vishnu, Krishna Kama, the god of Eleusinian Mysterieeled royalty in Greece, it was used in the vmbology of the and the Celts associated it with hidden the most sig tits stinger consistent symbolism is that of sexu aty and fertility, due primarily to its stinger and its part in pollination.

Bees are also long-time symbols for accomplishing the impossible. For many mars, scientists were unable to determine how bees were able to fly. Aerodynam sally, the body was too large for the wings. It has only been in more recent times that science has determined that bees move their wings at such a high rate of speed that it makes flight possible. Still, it remains to many as a symbol of accom plishing quests that appeared to be impossible.

All bees are essentially “honey” bees. They gather and pollinate. Bees are often considered the busiest and most useful of insects. Without them no flowers and many fruits would never blossom. It occurs through the pollination. As the bees land upon one flower, collecting its nectar, pollen also attaches itself to the leg fibers. It is then transferred to other flowers, creating a fertilization process.

Pollination is just one productive process the bee participates in. It also fur- nishes food, i.e. honey, and it also preys on other insects, helping to keep the insect population in balance. Bees that build their homes in the ground help turn over the soil, often much better than the earthworm itself.

if a bee has shown up in your life, examine your own productivity. Are you doing all you can to make your life more fertile? Are you busy enough? Are you taking time to savor the honey of your endeavors or are you being a workaholic? Are you attempting to do too much? Are you keeping your desires in check so they can be more productive?

The legs of bees are one of their most sensitive organs. A bee actually tastes through its legs. It is able to determine if there is nectar in the flower it lands upon. Are you taking time to enjoy the labors and activities you involve yourself in? The bee helps remind us that activities are more productive and sweeter if we take time to enjoy them.

The stinger is often seen as a phallic symbol. Most bees only sting once. There is a barb attached to the stinger, which pulls the stinger off when used. The queen can sting more than once, but it only fights when another queen is born.

Most bees have organized communities. This is most evident in the bumble- bee family. There are the queen, the drones, and the workers. The first brood the queen lays become workers, and they take over the building and maintenance of the nest. Bees, like ants, are excellent builders. The honeycombs are constructed in a six-sided shape, called a hexagon. This geometric shape has had long mystical significance associated with it. It is a symbol of the heart and the sweetness of life found within our own hearts. It is a symbol of the sun and all the energies associ ated with it.

The bee is the reminder to extract the honey of life and to make our lives fer- tile while the sun shines. The bee reminds us that no matter how great the dream there is the promise of fulfillment if we pursue it. The elixir of life is as sweet as honey, and the bee is a symbol that promises us that the opportunity to drink of it is ours if we but pursue our dreams.

1 Cooper, JC Symbolism-The Universal Language (Northamptonshire, Aquarian Press, 1982), p. 71.

I have been doing too much. Bee showed me to enjoy the sweetness of life. I went to a long leisurely walk yesterday
with Remy enjoying the flowers and picked this lilac

I took it easy this morning and slept hard. Now I am off to tap dancing.

16 Likes

Ah, thanks!!

15 Likes

challenge entry

I can seriously be so blind to signs lately as I am usually so busy and always thinking about something I need to get done. This kind of living without mindfulness or awareness blinds me to the signs. (Not complaining, just awareness) It is either that or I am just slow on the uptake. :joy:.
My guides are like:

I do like the tarot cards as they let the universe/my intuition /my guides get a message across to me. However, I wanted to do something else for the challenge and to remind me of ways I can get a message.

So, to help remind me of different ways I can get a message, I did some reading (link below) and here are some ways we may get a sign. The meaning of the sign depends on the moment we are in and what we are thinking about and how we interpret that sign.

In writing this list I do remember times where I saw the sign (yes, I am currently singing that song in my head. I can’t think of ‘I saw the sign’ without singing it).

Spirit animals-in life or in dreams or meditations (one time when I was laying down just thinking about what to, what is going on- I saw a white wolf above me. I was awake. It was surreal.)

Repeating numbers-eg angel numbers (111,999) ( when I was going through agoraphobia I used to see 911 a lot. Started freaking me out so I asked my guides to stop sending me messages with 911)

Unexplained phenomena-(like when someone was at my Gran’s house for her wake and I had gone into the kitchen. As I tried to leave the kitchen I couldn’t. I was being kept in and I couldn’t understand how or why. I looked around and noticed that the gas stove was on. Someone was just in there before me. Gran had a big thing about ensuring the gas stove was off. Anyway, I turned off the stove and then I was able to leave the kitchen, no problem.)

Intuition-the clairs- ( I really need to focus on developing my clairs. Onetime, I heard a voice in my head telling me ‘I’m ready’ it wasn’t my voice, it was my cousin’s. I’ll leave the story there).

Snippets of conversation- when the snippet is on
point with something you are thinking of or trying to figure out

Song lyrics- same as snippets

Repetition- start seeing something everywhere.

Dreams- dreams are a great way to receive a message…if one can remember them :wink:. Actually, important dream messages tend to stick with us until we figure it out or determinedly ignore it.

Weather-have you ever noticed the weather matching your mood (there was a time where the weather turned so quickly and matched my feelings I started thinking I was a weather witch. It would just get cloudy and the rain would start every time I was down. I love the rain. It was like getting a cozy hug. Just a moment to pause and enjoy the rain and feel a bit of peace).

Colours- same colour being seen frequently - you can ask for signs to be given to you in a specific colour (example from a website I was reading, you ask for signs to improve your mental health using the colour purple and you come across a purple pamphlet for a yoga studio)

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/signs-from-the-universe

New opportunities-and coming at just the right time. (Someone I did some work with briefly met up with me and asked if I would work with them. I moved firms. Best thing I could have done as had I stayed where I was I would have been jobless due to the pandemic)

People- they just give you the message you needed to hear. It is rather remarkable when it happens in a way that the other person notes that they don’t know why they said or did something and you are like -I know why and I got the message.

Sounds- hearing a sound that coincides with something you are thinking at the moment -e.g.you are thinking about a situation you have uncertainties around and a car alarm goes off - that is you guides warning you something is off.

This challenge is a good reminder for me to get out of my head and pay attention.

A message can come on a bumper sticker. So simple. So fast as the car drives by.

I think the most important part is how it registers for us. For me when I get/receive a sign my insides trill. It is hard to explain but when that happens I know I got it. Other times it is just a deeper sense of connectedness and feeling supported. These feelings don’t last long but in that moment I know I got it and I need to take action.

If I see something and get an ‘aha’ moment then I look back at what I saw and don’t see the same thing -like I see the bumper sticker as it actually is then I know that was a message.

It is great to get a sign. I just try to be mindful of not reading into things looking for the sign. As @Artemisia quoted Freud-sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Sorry for the long post but I wasn’t sure given my busy week that I would actually see a sign to post about. So this is the next best thing, in my mind.

Edited to complete the post.

18 Likes

Nice to see you back @Amaris_Bane !

13 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I decided for my entry I needed to do an Angel number sign.

I am seeing 666 everywhere lately. License plates, price tags, games I play in my phone, Xbox games, books, everywhere I look. So I looked up it’s meaning in my angel numbers book. Here is what I got:

Makes a lot of sense with what I have going on lately. So I have decided to stop worrying so much about the outside world and concentrate more on what I need in life and do things that I need to do for me and not worry about what the outside world will think or feel about what I am doing.

16 Likes