šŸ›‹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Let a Witch Unwind!

took some time off working to further explore crystals for wellbeing and planning out my crystal grid for holistic wellbeing. to be honest i think this ongoing project has become bigger than i thought, but even just looking up crystals and mapping out on a draft crystal grid and taking time for something for myself was not only fun but also i was learning how crystals can be used for many areas. not only do i want to keep working on my crystal grid but i want to have some self care sets for different things and place them around or have to carry. very crystal based at this time but i can add other things like herbs or plants as well. things like a little bowl or set of crsytals placed near the bed to help sleep, a set for near the door to help protect against negative energies and bring positivity esp when i come home from work and need a lift. to have a set for meditations or to go with tarot and oracle cards. i think maybe like if its a set that stays in one place can have a small tray or bowl to sit on and if its something i can take with me make a pouch or sachet or bag and have particular things in them to meet a need ie if low on energy, i can have a little pouch or bag with items to help boost energy, or if i feel stressed i can have a little pouch for calm and peace. ok yes i am really getting into the crystals and i know there are other things can add to assist with that as well. and even just thinking about or planning these little pouches or bowls or grid and where to put them and what to go into it is calming in itself just through the process yet alone actually putting it together or using it and its fun and thats something i dont get alot of time for and its all focused on self care and a lil self love and recharging which i realise i need to do if i am to have anything left in me to give to others, if i am to keep helping other people i also need to practice helping myself and recharging other wise i will not be any good to anyone and i have a template crystal grid with notes written all over it planning out the holistic wellbeing one and ive learnt alot just making that part for an hour or so that took the break to do it and had alot of fun doing so and i even printed to grid onto some gold card to use as the final grid sheet i use but for now the draft template is helping me plan it out and i have just had a lot of fun planning it out and learning about the crysals and thinking of what i want in it et and then also thinking about the extentions to that around the house or to take with me. its weird, a part of me feels something else as well in all this, like im finding a part of myself in exploring this the crystals and other things that would go in it like the way i was brought up held me back from embracing the things i already had inside because these things were not accepted by those in power or authority over me, like i went through life not able to accept parts of myself that would be rejected esp in christian circles grew up in, but now im pagan and free from all that its like my hands have been released from the shackels, no longer going through life with my hands tied behind my back and free to explore all these things like crystals, herbs and plants and nature and the night sky and things like tai chi and yoga and energy work etc all the things that were there but never understood my fascination with and couldnt embrace as those were things rejected as seen as bad by the church. there is empowerment in all of this and being able to accept those parts of me now and enjoy the process of exploring those things i think is helping me to feel good and accept myself and feel free to be myself more than i have had in the past. it took a bit of time but it just hit me as i was talking about all the crystals and other things i wanted to make and realised it was like i had suddenly been set free of the chains of the past holding me back and i could finally embrace all of it. all of me. maybe this has gone a little off track of simply talking about how doing self care or relaxing, i defiantly got a bit of that and want to set aside time regularly to do that but also i think i got a bit more out of this than i bargained for but you know whatā€¦ im not complaining cause i see this as a good thing. on many levels. but speaking of a little self care i think i should go try get some sleep lol. ive got 4 stones i put next to bed already a clear quartz, selenite, rose quartz and amethyst, they are my calm and sleep crystals ( or so i had decidedā€¦ that was were some of ideas had come from, that initial set of crystals, though dont have a bowl or tray to sit on, they sit next to a plant on bedside table to help me sleep). i put them on my crystal charging tray that i use to charge all my crystals under moon n stars n just pull off and put next to bed at night. so i think my next self care of the night is doing that and going to get some sleep lol catch you all later :slight_smile: time to catch some zzzzzā€™s lol

16 Likes

Hello @Phoenix_Fire ,

I can totally relate to those shackles and chains! I felt that too! I am so much happier now that I broke my Christian chains. I knew I was different but I didnā€™t know how I was different until I started researching paganism and witchcraft. I was told it was evil :roll_eyes: I feel at home now and at ease way more.
Self care is also complete care. Our minds and spirits need to be cared for too.
Oh yeah putting your crystals next to your plant it will charge them up too! :herb: :+1:
:butterfly:

16 Likes

I was sad today, a bit depressed. And when I am like that itā€™s hard to motivate myself to do something nice for myself.
But I gathered myself, and made the bath salt with rose petals, lavender and calendula. I also put some camomile in it for extra softness.
A nice incense and a white candle. I imagined that love came to me from the water. I felt the energy of the word love. I couldnā€™t concentrate on this the whole time, I got distracted several times, but it was nice and warm and it felt comforting.
It also felt strange not to dry myself with a towel. Instead I laid on my bed waiting and just feeling what was there. And this was surprisingly nice :blush:

18 Likes

Almost every afternoon, I lay down for a nap. Well, I lay down to put my legs up and canā€™t read very well while laying down so I end up falling asleep. LOL! So I wrote a Naptime Prayer to Bast. Bast I figured, watches over people having cat naps. :woman_shrugging: Makes sense to me!

Dearest Bast, please watch over me like a sphinx,
As I lay down for forty winks.
A cat-nap is just what is needed today,
so I can get up later and play.

Blessed be!

18 Likes

Awww, thatā€™s adorable! :smile_cat: :two_hearts:

13 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch Good for you for taking the breather you needed, Khadija- I hope your respite helped you to refresh and recover! :blush:

@Martje Thank you so much for sharing your playlists, Martje! :heart: Sorry to hear you didnā€™t get good sleep and that you were feeling down- I know itā€™s tough to gather the motivation for self care when weā€™re having a hard time. You are very strong for pulling through- Iā€™m so glad you were able to pamper yourself with some wholesome relaxation work! :relaxed: :two_hearts: It sounds like a lovely recovery bath! :bath:

@Ostara Five Below has some very good witchy books- I got the Tarot book they have and I was surprised just how much I enjoyed it! :open_book: I hope your book about Chakras and Self-Care is a great one- happy reading, Ostara! :blush:

@Phoenix_Fire I am so glad to hear you are having fun with your crystal studies- it sounds like an area of magick that you have a natural passion for! :gem: You are right that there are many possibilities to explore when it comes to mixing and matching- it is exciting to think about all the possible combos! :grinning: Keep on enjoying what you do- may your crystals continue to watch over and bless you :blush:

@Amethyst I love your Bast Naptime Prayer- what a cute and great idea for a naptime chant!?! :heart_eyes_cat: :cat2: Beautifully written as always, Amethyst- your words are always beautiful, and this one in particular made me smile :blush:

15 Likes

This is lovely I got a big smile reading this :heart_eyes_cat:

16 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks, Bry! Glad I gave you a giggle!

Thank you! Glad you liked it!

16 Likes

I think I am going to do this Challenge Entry on Monday when the weekend is over & everyone is where they need to be & the house is mine for the day. I really need a day of self-care where my appointments have once again changed to twice a week due to ā€œbackslidingā€ :slightly_frowning_face: Just a Monday to relax from the weekend, which for all intents & purposes is Friday afternoon to Monday morning at 8:15 AM. :rofl: I will also have time to pick the perfect things to do based on the feelings that I have leftover from the weekend (if any) & appreciating myself. :two_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Good morning all

Iā€™m very tired today after going to the hospital, had some major lab work done. They took 10 vials of blood and did an ECG and urine sample. Weā€™ve been trying to get my blood pressure to be under 140/70. This morning it is a high 150/74. Dr. wants to see if there is something else going on. Because of all the blood taken, Iā€™m very tired and sleepy. Some Unwinding sounds super.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Blessed Be :dizzy: :sparkles: :pentagram:

17 Likes

This morning, before things started happening. I had a plan for this challenge. For this day. & at least for the latter, everything changed after I got home from dropping off my daughter. It was just overwhelming, I need to lay down something saidā€¦ but it lasted for 5 hours. I laid in bed with my puppies by my side & Netflix on a series. I dozed off & woke up more times than I can count. Sometimes I would get up & stretch my legs, go outside, & get a drink, but I always went back to my bed with my comforter & soft plushy blanket & my puppies. So I took the day off today. I even said to my dog, itā€™s a good stay in bed day. So thatā€™s what we did until I had to go pick up my daughter & dinner.

I feel better, the completely exhausted feeling has subsided & so has my anxiety. I forced a day off & I feel good that I have done nothing except take care of myself today. :hugs:

So Iā€™m not sure if this is my entry because honestly, itā€™s the most relaxed Iā€™ve felt in a very long time & I didnā€™t have to do much except put my crystals in my pouch & then roll over with my blankets. :sleeping:

15 Likes

Sorry to hear youā€™re sick @debra2! Doctors can be damn vampires sometimes. I hope they figure things out for you!

Hey, going back to bed is sometimes the best self-care that can be. Hope you feel more rested.

11 Likes

Yes & no, I feel like when I go to bed, I will sleep through the night though. I feel at peace & calmer though. Everything feels just right & there is no weight on my shoulders or tension anywhere. It was definitely exactly what I needed. I think waking up at 3 AM helped along the dozing, which started around 10:30 AM/11 AM. Iā€™m telling you I feel great to put it simply :smiling_face:

13 Likes

My entry for Let a Witch Unwind!

This week was supposed to be spent at the beach on vacation relaxing, but it was not meant to be. I decided on day 2 to cut my trip short to get my kitty Donut home to the vet and the rest of the week has been spent unpacking, worrying about Donut, and tidying up. So I decided to make this challenge easy for me and create something I need!

I chose to make a Sweet Dreams Herbal Sleep Pillow. Luckily I had all the supplies on hand and put one together this afternoon to use tonight before my big race tomorrow morning! Iā€™m running a half marathon and always sleep poorly before races.

Lavender, chamomile, basil

All bagged up with one stop of lavender essential oil added.

19 Likes

I havenā€™t done one in a while so I decided to do a ritual bath. I clean the bathroom, the cleansed it with sage smoke.
I took a quick shower.

I light 3 candles.
One for the air I breathe and which gives me life Yellow.
Two for water within me which gives me life Pink.
Three for earth all round me which gives me life Green.

After starting the water I added crushed chamomile then rose petals to the water.
I thank you, and call on the healing powers Chamomile to soothe my aches and pains.
I thank you, and call on the calming powers of Rose to soothe my mind and wash away my worries.

After I had just enough water to cover my legs and keep me warm I turned off the water. I used a small glass bowl to pour it over myself until I felt calm, and relaxed then I just enjoyed the water until I was ready to get out.

I strained the herbs out of the water and added them to my bird bath in the back yard.

17 Likes

Hi Rowan lovely entry! I enjoyed it :notes:Music is really relaxing I like listening to my husband play music itā€™s really relaxing to me!
As far as Beltane goes I am trying to read a book bye Audible while driving I have alot of books and to honor Beltane I got a book bye Lunea Weatherstone, called Tending the flame :fire: to honor Brigid! Tending the Flame :fire: on Audible
As far as ā€œNatureā€goes my friend just had baby birds in the birdhouse. I felt a happyness come over me when I was bird watching. I video tapped theme, and they were so peacefully! They poked there head up and I could see there long beaks!
Today I was gardening and trimming the roses :rose: there were Lizards :crocodile:. I picked one up and placed him in a safe place so nothing would happen to him. I was excited!
I also canā€™t wait to lay inn the sun and be a beach :sunny: bum with a martini! Maybe go to Hawaii someday! Thanks for your entry! I liked your time spent relaxing I should do more! :sun_with_face:
Jeannie

14 Likes

Good, Iā€™m glad you feel better! Sometimes you just gotta nap.

9 Likes

Awesome response !!! :heart:

11 Likes

I actually meditated for 20 minutes and had a cup of lavender tea and everyone was asleepā€¦it was so nice.

12 Likes

Thank you Kasie, the high pressure is worrying me and the Doc keeps ups the medications or she changes it and when she changes it, they have to make sure it doesnā€™t bring down my kidneys. It feels like a cat & mouse game.
Iā€™m glad to hear you are doing better, that was good news to hear. All the best to you and continue with your healing.

10 Likes