šŸ›‹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Let a Witch Unwind!

Yikes, thatā€™s scary sounding! I hope the docs figure it out for you. And thank you for the kind words as I continue working on being better.

11 Likes

Totally need to unwind after last few days or stuggling through working from home with concussion after doing several days at work. Still so much to do but being sunday i decided to add a lil orange to my sun candle for Lugh
Orange being for positivity emotional healing success and prosperity. And the sun isnt just yellow so i figured after looking up correspondance it was ok to add some orange to the candle. It will assist in the candle colour being related to sun i figure. I decided i needed some positivity and emotional healing and its given a bit of distraction from working on my weekends n day off. I also lit a rose incence for some self love n care and got frenrirs black candle for protection and removing any negativity. . I wont get into the issues but the challenge this week has definatly been a reminder that no matrer how busy i am i can do little things to try refocus on positive things or even just spend a few minutes or moments doing something for me amongst the million things for everyone else esp when i find out im doing 5 times the amount of work and i work less days than others. I needed some moments to recentre myself n find the light in thr darkness. N what better day to do than the day of the sun with Lugh the sun god and some help from Fenrir to help protect and remove negative energies and Freya to engage in a lil self love and care. I even drunk my last rose tea yesterday. I tried a differrent herbal tea later in night but it wasnt great which i think is why i had so much of it left over. But i think while im taking a break from all the work ( and stress) to take sone time for me i think i might go see what herbal tea i have that might be good for right now and lunch might be good too ( its 4pm) delayed self care is better than none i guess but when ever i think of the challenge this week it has reminded me to take a few moments here n there even if overloaded with work to do something just for my me to help my health and wellbeing. So i am really glad this challenge came up it was such a great reminder to look after myself but also it came at a great time that i really needed it the most. So thankyou so much for this challenge. :hibiscus::rose::cherry_blossom::bouquet:

11 Likes

Iā€™ll have to do chakra mediations more often! I have never felt any more calmer than I have after other meditations. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Iā€™m a little tardy to the relaxation party. Loving everyoneā€™s entries! Work and general adult life stuff has just been crazy busy.

I made sure that Sunday I took some time out just to chill. Not stress and try to micromanage everything all the time. Just let things flow. Normally when Iā€™m at work Iā€™m indoors at the centre before the sun is even up. So just about each and every morning I am out and about in the pitch blackā€¦ but bonus I always am greeted by the moon and the stars. Usually on my days off I am inside running about doing chores and whatnot. But Sunday morning I decided to take some time and just go and spend some time outside. And I am so glad I did. I got so see the most beautiful sunrise.

I just sat in quiet contemplation, alone with my thoughts. I did some grounding work and some crystal mediations with my Rhodochrosite, Rose Quartz and Rhodonite tumbles. I spent a good couple of hours out in the morning sunlight soaking in the sunshine like a little lizard. When eventually I dragged myself back indoors to ā€œpeopleā€ again I felt so much calmer and far much more relaxed. My perspective had shifted for the day.

I think that I am going to make this a ritual every Sunday morning. Time outside, just be alone for a little bit, watch the sunrise, appreciate the beauty of nature a little more, slow down a little bit and just think about whatever and let it come and go.

11 Likes

Found this one on Pinterest tooā€¦ gonna add this to the witchy list.

Image Source: Pinterest

14 Likes

This challenge was definitely well timed! I whipped up some lavender bath salts, put the kids to bed early, and enjoyed a candle lit bath! I turned off all the lights, meditated on all the things I have to be thankful for, set some Intentions for the coming week, and soaked til the water got cold. It was lovely!

12 Likes

I love that @jessica72 I will use that next time it rains to clear negativity from my house and yard! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

Thank you so much to everyone who has jumped in and treated themselves to some lovely relaxation magick! :relaxed: If you want to enter the challenge but havenā€™t done so already, please know that you have one more day left to do so:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: May 3rd, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be! :couch_and_lamp: :sparkles:

11 Likes

I can definitely relate to this @Sarafeena_Sage i really do believe selfcare and self love is absolute key.

I know actually what you mean with this one :grimacing: and this can be really stressing. I am happy to know you are comfortable and happy within yourself at this point.

12 Likes

My Weekly CHELLENGE- Let a Witch Unwind

Weekends are really busy for me :roll_eyes: so this challenge was just in time since most of the times I need to unwind after the long weekends. I had planned to unwind by simply having a glass or red wine and cake in honor of the season (Beltane) and just relaxe to some soft music but I ended up falling asleep :sleeping: since I was so tired after all that work yesterday. I guess you can call that part of me unwinding :joy::joy:ā€¦

I must say despite all this I managed to have that little planned me time I need in my car this morning. I woke up like after 6 went into my car and after just having a moment before I started my day doing my business I enjoyed nature at its fullest for over 45 mins to little over an hour not even realizing it, right in my own yard :flushed:.

MY EXPERIENCE

There I felt the slow cool breeze on my skin, the movement of the trees, the freshness of the air :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and the chirping of the birds :bird: :notes: sing. I closed my eyes for sometime during this process and took deep breathes of quietude and relaxation, while doing this I visioned my week peaceful and full of positive things.Where I live has alot of trees :deciduous_tree: and flowers :bouquet: but never really ventured that far, I enjoyed the peaceful part of it all as much as I did this morning :sunrise_over_mountains: this was very special for me, think I will be doing this a bit more often.

I resume work tomorrow after the holidays today so I do believe I will be unwinding for the balance of the day, but more towards the evening hours. For this morning I am having Rosemary Tea to start my day.

I plan to continue unwinding by having cake and a cup of tea (Tea of Choice) of a glass of red wine to end the day :blush:

Blessed Be :dizzy:
N :candle: ckW :candle: ck

12 Likes

For my Weekly Challenge, Let a Witch Unwind, I let myself get completely pampered. :star2:

I got a nice iced green tea :tea: with ginger, lit some incense, and put on some soft relaxing music :musical_score: :notes:. I took some time to quiet my mind and not worry :no_entry_sign: (or try not to worry) about anything, just focused on myself. Then I was lucky enough to get a foot reflexology treatment. I was so amazingly relaxed and unwound afterward. It was a great experience. I hope everyone was able to have such a relaxing time too!

11 Likes

My Challenge Entry
For me this challenge couldnā€™t have come at a better time. I just moved house so things have been a little hectic lately. So,for the challenge I decided to celerbrate the new moon in a bit more of a relaxed way. I first did this yoga session from Nourshed Natasha and then this meditation from Alina Alive. After my meditation I also pulled a tarot card.
Blessed Be!

12 Likes

This challenge has come at the perfect time for me. Itā€™s been a busy first trading month for my new business and i definitely needed some me time this May Day Bank Holiday/Beltane weekend.

It started with a barbecue and a few beers with my husband on Saturday. Then yesterday to celebrate Beltane we went out to a local Mexican restaurant and that seemed to fit the spicy fire theme.

Today we were supposed to go out for a ride on our motorbikes but things conspired against us as the battery on my bike is flat and I canā€™t fit in my bike trousers :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So this afternoon Iā€™m taking a relaxing bath inspired by the New Moon Bath Ritual but with some substiutions with my favourites.

These lime and lavender candles are my favourite relaxing scent for baths. The bath soak has lavender and waterlily. And Iā€™ve scattered a few rose petals I dried myself before invoking Hekate. Iā€™m already feeling very calm.

This evening weā€™re out to see friends :blush:

12 Likes

Another crack at self care today. I lit my candles n looked at some stores n what they had like incenve n candles n crystals ( so discovered i love my crystals hey) i got so excited lookinf at what they had n ideas of things like to try.

I also downloaded a orancle collection app with lots of cool Oracle decka that can try for free for a week n then a small fee after a week. Not sure what that will be but im trying it. Some of the ā€™ advice for tommorow ā€™ card reading, just 1 card of course to try out the deck n fet a little advice at sane time were really good n the artwork was awesome on some n others had great readings with affirmations or relations to crystals. Lol yes i got excited bout crystal ones n omg the one with featgers lol i laughed at my own reaction to the decks as i got excited or just talking to muself n some of my own commentatry cracked me up lol n that was good for the soul n some good advice n lovely artwork. I do was inspired even more to create my own oracle decls one day. It was onr of my art projects wanted to try.

I also downloaded the insight timer meditation app so i can try some meditations. It was suggesred somewhere on forum n once made space i was avle to put it on there. I also ( though not magic related but self care ) looked at other apps on selfcare to help stay positive. N tommorow im going to take my crystal affirmation cards woth me to work. I have the bumble bee jasper i think it was on top which was i deserve to be happy and successful or something along those lines. I am finding the oracle cards or affirmations are useful in varied degrees in helping to stay positive. I still have my druidcraft tarot, druid animal and plant oracle, moonology oracle, celtic tree oracle and rune cards. I have some also on phone but also all those in physical decks as well. But pulling them out isnt always possible so the ones on my phone ate good if i just need a little advice or guidance. I like when saw that the indie goes app oracle decks a few had some good formats including affirmations or questions. N just in a short time before bed i feel calm n more positive n im looking forward to exploring all these apps more esp the medirations they are a bit long now that i need to be actualky trying to sleep before i have full on day at work tommoeiw but exploring the oracle decks wanted to trial out has helped me feel more light n positive n a little more hopeful so thats a good start. N i can try the meditation app tommorow. Definatly a great challenge. Ive beeen inspired to kerp looking for little moments to try do lityle things to take better care of myself n i want to try keep tgat up even after this challenge is over. Lol :grin:

12 Likes

First I have to say, I get BEYOND excited every week for these Weekly Witchy Challenges. As for Let A Witch Unwind, I did just that. :heart:

Second, I love meditation so I felt it was really needed to make sure I meet my weekly goals of doing so. I decided to meditate about my career, which is something that is RELAXING to me because I needed to sit down, clear my head, and think about my future (career wise). I was so relaxed during this, I knew it was the right meditation to choose immediately. I didnā€™t know if it was a good choice because your future/career and thinking about it, can be stressful at times. But I took the risk. My weekend plans of course changed, and was very much NOT a kid free weekend. BUT - thatā€™s okay, I improvised :laughing: :laughing: SO, I made sure to let everyone know this weekend during my Meditations ā€¦TO BE QUIET, TO NOT DISTURB ME, OR ELSE. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl: (My kids get tired of me, and I love that Iā€™m THAT mom, & I ANNOY THEM! I wouldnā€™t be doing my job right if I didnā€™t! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) They made sure to listen, BTW :smile: & I was able to meditate for my career.

I went to college and got a Bachelorā€™s Degree because a college degree was pounded into my head by family, schools, outside of school - it was the ā€œWAY TO GO!ā€ Yes, I was highly intelligent as a child and I really understood where everyone was coming from, because it was also what I always wanted to do. I got into law school before I completed my bachelorā€™s degree and planned on attending after graduation. HOWEVER, life happened and I ended schooling just at my bachelorā€™s degree. Iā€™ve held a few different jobs since then and Iā€™ve steered off from exactly what I want to do with my life because itā€™s thrown me for a loop, not making the kind of money I feel I should be making (the location I live has a lot to do with it) & not having the burning passion inside of me for it that I once did. So I did a spell for my career, meditated with a green candle and incense, found a career spell, said my chant, and it was SO NICE! I felt so calm, relaxed, (weā€™re supposed to do that this week right?) & felt like it was what I needed to rekindle the feelings I had for my future. I made this a positive experience (not a stressful career thought process I usually find myself into)ā€¦so STAY TUNED! :smiling_face:

Third, I was excited to be a part of a second new moon in a month, the Black Moon in April! I never knew much about the Moon before joining all of you, and I love the relationship and fascination thatā€™s come of my connection with it. Unfortunately, Saturday it was storming, raining non stop, hailing, etc. so I did not get to enjoy sitting outside and enjoying the fresh air and the moon. So again, I improvised and went ahead with it being a New Moon - set my goals and redecorated my altar! Iā€™ll take a picture once itā€™s complete! I plan on doing other things with my altar - I need to do a little shopping and digging around the house! :wink: :rofl:

I wish I could have experienced the eclipse, the weather was just so disgusting here all day and night on Saturday. But of course today, itā€™s SUPER SUNNY! :roll_eyes: :laughing: Since I didnā€™t get to do much with the moon, I made sure I am celebrating Beltane - all week! I had a family event thrown together last minute that I had to attend yesterday. I celebrated a little with continuing to take care of my new herbs Iā€™ve been planting and putting out Beltane colors! Iā€™m SO happy the weather should be getting nicer soon and I can enjoy more of the Earth!!

Lastly, I did find a book that Iā€™m reading& READING IS ALWAYS SO RELAXING. So this has helped me UNWIND each night before bed!! I hope everyone had a great week last week! Mine was pretty great!! Canā€™t wait for this week to come! BELTANE is here! :tada: :tada: :earth_americas: :heart:

12 Likes

I love this. Iā€™m a huge fan of an afternoon nap and Iā€™ve not been having them recently which is likely why I feel so tired.

10 Likes

Challenge Entry: Self Care

I made an oil infusion on Ostara :egg:and I drained it Friday almost Beltane :fire:!
Since I moved to a dryer climate Iā€™ve had horrible dry skin and terrible dandruff!!
I really like the shiny hair serum spell so I came up with my own serum for dandruff. Here is my spell:

Herbs, Oils, Moon and stones
Work you magick healing hair, scalp and follicles of my own
Flakes and itch gone away, hair growth in a thick array
Clean scalp and healthy shine lets me know all it fine
Add my herbs one by one,
Set my stones when I am done
Leave it in the moonshine to make it extra divine.
Herbs, oils, moon and stones
I give great thanks from me alone.
So it shall be, So mote it be.

:herb:Herbs: Burdock root, Marshmellow root, Lemongrass, Skullcap, Galangal root, Yarrow, Chamomile, Basil
:oil_drum:Oils: Plumeria, Neroli, Lemon, Oregano, Grapefruit, Rosemary, calendula
:rock:Stones: Galena, moonstone, unakite, ryolite (outside the bottle)
Carrier Oils: grapeseed, aloe, apricot, castor, and coconut.
Left in moon :full_moon: light for a few hours.
I have used it once so far. I put it on for about 30 min before I wash my hair. I applied it with a bulb dropper to my scalp then rubbed it in and let it set :wink:

:butterfly:

11 Likes

I think this is going to be my 2nd entry of sorts because in all honestyā€¦ Iā€™m new to this relaxing, taking time for myself thingā€¦ also something Iā€™m working on & it just so happened that yesterday I actually did what I wanted to do, not anything to do with the house at allā€¦ my husband & I spent the day together with sporadic intervals with our kids & the dogs ā€œhelpedā€ by being themselves outside with us :rofl:

We had a fire :fire: & it was just so nice. Honestly, yesterday was amazing. The only thing I used my phone for was to connect to our speaker named ā€œBig Berthaā€ for music in the backyard when we were finishing & starting the fire. Then we had the easiest evening by cooking dinner over the fire coals & watching a movie while laying on the couch. It just all flowed so well & there was no tension, lots of laughing till my belly hurt & I was doubled overā€¦ my dogs keep it interesting when they are on their leads. :paw_prints: I canā€™t think of a more relaxing day that I have had in an extremely long time. I didnā€™t need to do anything extra at all for any type of anxiety.

I did have to remember to sit down & drink something every once in a while thoughā€¦ It just felt so good & then it looked good, we really kicked patootie on the garden area yesterday & the makeshift greenhouse that looks like the house that Jack builtā€¦ just fits the uniqueness that encompasses this family :laughing:

I canā€™t think of a better way to relax than yesterday. :two_hearts:

11 Likes

I hope you were able to add in some good stuff!

Oh my gods, same! :sweat_smile: Way more often than I would like to admit, actually. I love all the little things you listed that helps with relaxation. I recognize a few of those bands and genres! :musical_note: Music is one thing I really enjoy, too. I like to play my music extra loud (yesā€¦I am that person when I driveā€¦) with the windows down and sing along. Thereā€™s just something so cathartic about it :laughing: Iā€™m right there with you when it comes to the ocean, though. Thereā€™s something about being in that liminal space between land, sea, and sky that just :pinched_fingers: chefā€™s kiss!

I think this is a great idea! Iā€™ll be honest :laughing: I donā€™t actually have any playlists. I have a few different stations on Pandora and will play them depending on my mood. Thatā€™s about it! I find it hard to make playlists because when Iā€™m in the mood I can never remember names of songs! :astonished: It sucks but Iā€™m happy with my Pandora stations.

You are always doing so much for everyone else in your home. Iā€™m glad that you were finally able to take some time for yourself! :pray: :sparkles: I bet you feel absolutely better after that!

Oh wow, thank you for sharing these! I hope your bath or foot bath was nice and relaxing. :pray: :sparkling_heart:

Oh goodness, Danni, I am so very happy that youā€™ve taken some time to do something thatā€™s just for you. In all your posts, I can feel the stress that your job causes you. Being able to work on the crystal grids and study for things that make you happy, grounded, and relaxed is such a step up from where youā€™ve been lately! :clap: Iā€™m so proud of you! :tada: :sparkles:

That sounds so lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thatā€™s a nice ritual for self-love and relaxation!

That sounds logical to me! I love your little cat nap prayer :cat: Very fitting!

Iā€™ll definitely keep you in my prayers Debra :pray: That sounds like youā€™re dealing with a lot! Are you added to the Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: May 2022?

You know, sometimes thatā€™s what we need to do. Iā€™m glad you were able to feel better afterward, even if all you did was spend the day in bed. It totally counts because sometimes thatā€™s exactly what we need!

Oh wow, youā€™ve got my support! Iā€™ve always wanted to be a runner butā€¦Iā€™m just not :laughing: I hope your kitty is doing better! Iā€™m sorry you had to cut your trip short, though.

Thatā€™s a beautiful bath ritual, Torista :heart: Thank you for sharing!

That does sound nice! Iā€™m glad you got that time to yourself! :sparkles:

I think thatā€™s a perfect way to greet the day on Sunday :sunrise: I hope you can make time every Sunday for this new ritual!

Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve been meaning to make, too! :herb: Iā€™m glad you found time to relax! I know that can be difficult with kids running around :laughing:

Oh all of that sounds so wonderful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Spending time in nature is a perfect way to relax and unwind!

Ohhh, Iā€™ve always wanted to have this done! I bet it felt so relaxing :sparkles: and magickal! :partying_face:

I can definitely relate to those feelings. It has been a little over a year since we moved into our home but I can still remember very distinctly the chaos and emotions that came with it. Props to you for finding time to relax in the hectic process!

I hope you had an amazing time with your friends! Itā€™s a bummer that you werenā€™t able to go out on your motorbikes but it sounds like you found a good alternative and still found time to relax!

Janae, it sounds like you had an amazing time! I love all the little things you were able to do, plus the fact that you annoy your kids :laughing: I annoy mine sometimes but I only have one! :heart: Thank you for sharing all of this with us! :pray:

Donā€™t mind me :laughing: Iā€™m just going to bookmark this and save it forever!

Again! :partying_face: :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: PROUD.OF.YOU.

15 Likes

This is my challenge - Let a Witch Unwind

There are a few things I like to do to unwind and relax:

1. take a hot soak bath ā€“ yesterday I took a hot bath, Amethyst Bath Bar that I received
    from Tame Wild. For Intuition & Calming Stress - Lavender, Gemstones & Frankincense

2. Taking a walk in the forest ā€“ I have a small cabin in the mountains when I find I need to relax and get connected with the forest, earth, birds & animals. Itā€™s such a calming experience. Connects me with Mother Earth.

3. Looking after my plants indoors and outdoors ā€“ bought some flowers to plant in the rockeries around my home. Playing in the dirt is so unwinding and takes you back to nature

Flowers to plant

Flowers to plant

House plants one in glass vase needs to be planted.

Blessed Be :dizzy:

10 Likes