šŸŒ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Liminal Magick

@jan_TheGreenWitch I just caught your private message- thanks again for taking the time to explain your situation! I know you have a lot on your plate right now and it looks like you were super close to the deadline, so please feel free to share your entry and Iā€™m more than happy to send you the challenge badge :trophy: :blush: Thanks again for joining in! :star2:

@Jeannie1 Thatā€™s really interesting, Jeannie! :star_struck: I completely agree that thinking about death and what happens after life as we know it ends would count as a liminal train of thought. The whole concept of leaving this world/realm/experience and moving beyond is a process of transition, of not being ā€œhereā€ nor ā€œthereā€ but somewhere in between. Itā€™s really fascinating to think about, and the Ancient Egyptians had some really fascinating ideas and practices around it! I think youā€™re onto something exciting- keep on pursuing that train of thought, Jeannie! Itā€™s exciting to think where it might lead you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Good morning! No worries I made it! Youā€™re funny! You made me laugh this morning when I read the end of your post. That sounds like me. Have a great day,

Medea

7 Likes

This is a beautiful spell Kasandra :heart: Thank you for sharing it with us!

I definitely agree with you! Our minds, though fleeting and mysterious, hold a lot of keys to our waking life that we arenā€™t even aware of :sparkles:

I never thought about books like that :books: but youā€™re right! Itā€™s totally another liminal space!

All I have for you are heart eyes :heart_eyes: because those pictures are just amazing! If Iā€™m ever up in your area Iā€™m going to post up at your house and we can go for sunrise walks together :blush:

Wonderfully said, Kat! I often find that when Iā€™m creating, I lean into a liminal space as I focus on what Iā€™m doing. This happens more often with crochet as I sort of go into a trance but I imagine it would be similar with other things, too.

Yes! :raised_hands: :clap: These challenges are meant to get your wheels turning :wheel: and get you out of your comfort zone. I love the way you explained this!

Oh my goodness :rofl: :laughing: I say yes! I mean, in all seriousness, our brains are capable of achieving and traveling to and through liminal spaces, so why not? :blush:

Iā€™m glad you found the challenge interesting! It is definitely one that takes a bit more thought to figure out, thatā€™s for sure. And some people feel that liminal spaces are scary and things to be feared. Iā€™m not necessarily sure thatā€™s entirely true. Do other beings occupy some liminal spaces? Yes. Should we be respectful and operate in those spaces with caution? Also yes. Do we need to be afraid of all liminal spaces? No!

I saw a video on TikTok where someone said liminal spaces are spaces that the Universe or nature has created to keep things out, so to speak, and I 100% disagree with that because itā€™s very much not in the nature of liminality. At the core of the concept, liminality is simply the space between.

It absolutely can be! It depends on your views of life and death. Do you believe in reincarnation or transmigration of the soul? If so, then death could be considered a liminal time in a soulā€™s journey.

Whew, okay, I think I got through everyoneā€™s entries :heart: This was so exciting to read through everyoneā€™s entries and how liminality was applied to each personā€™s practice and life :sparkles:

8 Likes

Lolā€¦ I will have to see if I can make it up the street around sunset today & see what I can come up with then :laughing:

4 Likes

Especially when you get a good book or story that you canā€™t put down! Thanks for the comment, love!

6 Likes

Megan,
I do belle in reincarnation and glad to say that I donā€™t have the spiritual programming in my life as much as I did when growing up. Now I am older I can make my own inferences on the topic. When I was told that I was going to hell. I was really upset, I know that I am a sinner by nature. Now that I have come to Wicca I feel So much better on my path because I donā€™t have to believe that Iā€™m going to hell anymore. I believe we go to summer land and when we are ready to come back we can. This helps me knowing I donā€™t have to worry about time.

The fact that there are so many people that have come out and said that they remember their past life is remarkable and I canā€™t discount them. I like this topic and feel so impelled to work out all my past lives. I think this would help me in the know. Maybe I can raise my vibration this way. I believe that some of us can remember but some canā€™t. I have done a little bit of spiritual work on the topic and used divination to find out my past live.

When I was a kid I believed as a child that I was here once and I will never forget that. It has been many years since I was aware of my third eye and using my own intuition.

I believe my mother may have crossed to the other side and maybe even on there way back or here already.
There are many liminal spaces we can visit like reincarnation and try to go back in time through hypnosis and itā€™s something I would like to try one day!
Jeannie

7 Likes

This is a really hard thing to break out of and Iā€™m proud of you for doing it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: No one is perfect and we canā€™t expect people to be perfect. The idea of our spirit going somewhere to rest after our physical bodies die is very soothing for me, too. I believe in transmigration of the soul (similar to reincarnation, just a different cultural word) and that we go to a resting place before we return. I donā€™t have a name for that resting place personally, though I know in some Irish Pagan beliefs this is called Tech Duinn, ā€œthe house of Donn (possibly the Irish God of the Dead)ā€.

Iā€™ve never explored past lives myself but itā€™s something I want to do. I have too much stuff to do here in this current life right now before I can figure out the past life stuff :joy:

7 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.