šŸŒ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Liminal Magick

This is a great post. I hadnā€™t thought of the in between project and start like that before. It resonated with me.
I too like to create and I am certainly going to look at the plan/ start phase differently. This brings a new level of living in the moment where each moment has value-even the ā€˜in betweenā€™ momentsā€¦.which was probably the point of this challenge. Lol. ( I laugh because sometimes things strike me that I think are brilliant only to learn that everyone else was already there and on to the next levelšŸ¤Ŗ)

For me it is the finishing that is hard. What if I put in all this work and it is a fail.

8 Likes

@Susurrus i too wake up in the middle of the night. I tend to then fall asleep just before the alarm clock. :upside_down_face: I would love my brain to shut up when I am trying to sleep.

I have tried a few things that help me that may help you if you havenā€™t tried them yet. I am having more sleeps through the night now. Yay!
-cbd oil - basically no thc.
-sleep stories on calm
-guided meditations
-sleep meditations
-watching a show/ movie you have seen before that makes you feel cozy but you know what is happening so you donā€™t stay awake to see the end ( I like the first two Harry Potter movies for that, or the cozy mysteries of Agatha Christie- Poirot or Miss Marple)

• having a good laugh session before bed- the show Mom on Netflix is hilarious, imo
    -magnesium- either spray or pill, or cal-mag (depends on your body)
    -I also got a mouth guard from my dentist-she is phenomenal- because she said I clench at night. This has been helpful and my jaw is more relaxed in the morning
    -making sure I get enough essential fatty acids to help with hormones and enough b vitamins for nerves

I donā€™t do all of these all the time (some I should be :wink:). These are just tools I have in my toolbox that I use. Some work better than others at different times. Hope this helps or you can ignore if you already have these tools or if you have some that I donā€™t have, please share. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Today i actually got to use my inner temple to do a spell cause i didnt have candles needed ie right colours so i did it in my inner temple. It was cool cause i had already started building it so being able to go in when needed to use it abd tools needed in there was coolšŸ˜

9 Likes

Maudoy7ā€¦ I am very new here but I am 100% positive that here at Spells 8, there is no such thing as the word ā€œfailā€. This is a Challenge for all of us to learn or update our knowledge. We can get different perspectives on a topic. Itā€™s also to have fun while you are learning.

I hope this has made you feel better so you can enjoy and relax while you are learning. If you have any questions, there is a place in the fourm you can go to and ask as well. This is my first Challenge and wow did I have a ton of questions!

Medea

9 Likes

Kassandraā€¦ I really like this; from start to finish! I was on my way to learn more about Dragons in the Magickal relm when I came across Spells 8 and I have not left ā€œhomeā€ since. I will be incorporating that topic again soon.

I really enjoyed reading your Liminal Spaces Challenge.

Medea

8 Likes

Yeah but are you listening to one book and reading another? Lol

7 Likes

Thank you! I have a litany of things I try before I just give up. I have insomnia connected to CPTSD & other effects from that too. When my mind races or the energy is chaotic because I am unable to process the strongest emotion, I will only sleep 1 - 2 hours at a time.

I have found that if I ā€œgive upā€ make a cup of Sleepy Tea then drink it while free writing or venting my thoughts in my journalā€¦ as I do that I start to doze off. (This particular tea has 1 mg of Melatonin in it.) Itā€™s chamomile, vanilla, & honey :honey_pot: :yum:

I also use a 15 lb weighted blanket if I donā€™t feel secure or I start ā€œfloatingā€ away. I use a meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: & breathing with a Mantra too.
Sometimes I just have to get up & either do a meditation, read a book :open_book, listen to a type of soundscape whether itā€™s the ocean, rain, stormā€¦ really anything to do with water or nature sounds & I can drift back off.

Last night, I purposely didnt take a nap all day & went to bed around the same or normal time & I woke up once to use the facilitiesā€¦ then curled right back up in my thick soft blanket & slept the rest of the night.

Stress, anxiety, panic & associated strong emotions will keep my brain going & send chaotic energy through my body that keeps me up until I can release or let go of it. Weā€™ve had a couple of difficult days at home this weekend.

I will definitely add some of those to my insomnia toolbox though! :toolbox: Thank you :blush:

8 Likes

I forgot about the tea and weighted blanket! I do those too, oh and a hot pack for my feet. :slight_smile:

I used to go to the united church pre Covid and there were some people there who gave energy healings. I went to them for a few years. They would always say I gave off very chaotic energy, an energy healer also told that to my mom when I was little. Anyway, the energy healers would do a lot of mind balancing and grounding when they worked with me. I found that super helpful also. I think them doing that for years was super helpful and it was free which helped too.

Sorry to hear about the CPTSD.

When I was dealing with my year+ of agoraphobia and panic attacks I also used EJ Bourneā€™s anxiety and phobia workbook.

I am sorry to hear it has been a rough couple of days :heart:

I hope the rest of your weekend goes better!!!

Blessed be

8 Likes

Iā€™m doing much better, Labor Day weekend here is the last big weekend of the year here, so some of the roads are basically parking lots, lots of pedestrians, bikers, beach goers, sight seers.

Iā€™m relearning to trust my intuition & using energy healing. Iā€™m actually an Advanced Crystal Healing Practitioner too.

My current ā€œtoolboxā€ really helped me a lot to stay present & grounded & field the things that come way through my daily life. I can manage my days much better.

Please donā€™t be sorry about the CPTSD, Iā€™m really doing a lot better, every once in a while i take a couple steps back but then recover with twice as many steps forward :smiling_face:

I am overcoming things tiny or large, every day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s so beautiful @Susurrus
It looks so peaceful and is certainly a Liminal Space! I love the idea of a Liminal Walk!
With much love :heart: my friend

7 Likes

So amazing @Artemisia
I love your entry!

:rofl: This sounds like me!

With much love :heart: dear one!

8 Likes

Katnabis,
I really love that your picture of the Liminal spaces and it just made me remember the
Deer :deer: totem I am working with for this challenge! Here is a link! I remember when I was a kid my auntie came to visit me and my family lived far out in the rural area. The roads were dark and when you would drive at night you had to look out for deer! They would literally stand in the middle if the interception of the road. They really donā€™t give a ****! In the morning I would wake up and see deer outside! I loved watching them from a distance. I never really got to close they would run away or if I did they were very intuitive and testing me to see if I was a predator! I think they have strong intuitive side about them.
They are very strong and mystical and have almost psychic abilities!. I like working with the energy of deer. When I go to work with my husband in placerville we seen deer and a doe and was adorable! They are really connected to earth! I bet you get to see them! I know Soifra had too and many others in the coven are lucky enough to encounter them during a outing! We can connect with them during these liminal spaces they are connected to the elemental air.
This connects them to the physical and spiritual world around us!
Seven Mystikal meanings of deer
Mystical stag in liminal space
I loved you new runes so magical and thank you for all those beautiful pictures!
Jeannie

7 Likes

@Susurrus I read a post of yours that said the challenge ended Tuesday AM EST and I just want to clarify a little more because I was confused about the cut off time when I was new. The end time is set in CET which is Central European Time. So it does end here EST at 1:00 AM Tuesday morning I think, but my end time is 11:00PM MST Monday night! Anyway, Everyone should check their time zones to be sure of the cut off time in their area :wink:

Just thought I would share this for our new members that are wanting to get in on this challenge before it ends :wink:
Iā€™m hoping I make it in this challenge LOL the clock is ticking!!!
:butterfly:

10 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge-Liminal Magick

Thank you for the extra time @BryWisteria I really needed it. I need more time actually and thats what led me to my entryā€¦

First off I tried to identify liminal spaces the past two weeks. Then I really wanted more information about the liminal so I went looking for a book. I started by checking out ā€œWeave the Liminalā€ but the description didnā€™t seem to be what I was looking for.
I kept searching through titles and came across books on remote viewing. I have been interested in this subject for most of my life. I chose a book about remote viewing called " Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing and Transformation of Consciousness" By: Russell Targ.
I have decided to switch to actual books so it is going to be a while before I even get this book in my hand. Iā€™m hoping it will arrive sooner than amazon predicted :woman_shrugging: Maybe this will count for the challenge?

I do have one question about liminal space. Itā€™s the space between, correct? So, would the space Between your Ears be a liminal space?? LOL :rofl: :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Thank you @Sarafeena_Sage for letting me know I made a mistake. It happens sometimes :slightly_frowning_face:

@BryWisteria was on EST before she went ā€œout of officeā€ to switch to CET in Poland. I was still on her being on the East Coast of the US because she was traveling but hadnā€™t technically left. My brain wasnā€™t totally caught up with the rest of me at the time either.

With that being said, yes it was my mistakeā€¦ sorry for any inconvenience &/or confusion to @Medea when I answered. There is still today, Monday or if you should miss the cut off time/day, it can always be done during a Catch-Up Challenge, which is roughly every 10th challenge.

If it should happen again, everyone makes mistakes & can use them as a learning tool! I am very sorry, it was not my intention to misinform anyone. I should have double checked the Challenge for the time zone it was ending during.

Everyone should be reading the entire post for the start & end time of the challenges. There are time zone converters to use to find the exact time for your location. Also, I like the section where it gives you ideas on how to start or where to start.

This particular challenge is running a week longer while Bry was/is travelling & should be returning to the forum at some point this week, maybe next week. (Iā€™m in school starts tomorrow, do we have everything or did we forget something mode) Depends on how her travel & then getting settled goes. She will be back soon though!

Again, thank you :blush: @Sarafeena_Sage, it was definitely my oversight. :two_hearts:

It is the between space of thingsā€¦ soā€¦ I mean with that saidā€¦ in a literal sense I guess between the ears would be! :grin:

10 Likes

Luminal Magic Challenge Entry

This was an interesting challenge for me. The only thing I knew about Luminal magic or spaces was the veil between worlds, spaces between this world and another, be it spiritual; different dimensions, mirrors, crossroads etc.

When I was reading that luminal spaces had a greater application, I realized I really didnā€™t understand a lot of the examples. So things like ocean shores, airports, safety and risk etc. I just didnā€™t understand.

On this journey I went - to understand the greater application of Luminal in witchcraft.

I started at the beginning with the dictionary meaning, and how it applied to witchcraft. I then looked into a lot of the different meanings or explanation of what were considered luminal spaces. Starting with the ones I understood and then I looked at the ones I didnā€™t understand. (some I still donā€™t understand)

I did find a website that provided questions for you to figure out your own luminal spaces to do magic to make your rituals more powerful. I started working on that, but it will take me a little while yet.

All in all this was a good introduction to a very complex topic. I know I only touched the surface, as there was a lot I did not look into. :smile:

8 Likes

Long time no ā€œseeā€, everyone! :wave: :grinning:

Iā€™ve been scanning through the challenge entries from over the past week- goodness, I wish I could have read these amazing entries on the boat! You were all up to some very creative thinking and exploring and it is really a delight to see. I missed you all! :heart:

Please be aware that:

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

(Apologies for any confusion about the closing time- it is indeed set to CET time zone! :mantelpiece_clock: I know the time zone differences can be tricky, so if you need more help with figuring out the time for your zone, please reach out!)

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :globe_with_meridians: :sparkles:

6 Likes

@Susurrus you didnā€™t make a mistake. I just clarified a little :wink:

8 Likes

Oh geez, I just sent you a direct message asking about posting, I am writing it up now, sorry I missed the deadline!!! Itā€™s been a crazy week or two for me. :green_heart:

7 Likes

I had a question often I like to learn about the Egyptians ways and how they always contemplated the afterlife and prepared for death. When we think about death is that like a liminal space? I hope thatā€™s not a ignorant thing to ask about? Of course thereā€™s no dumb question but I am just wondering? I can Appreciate how is Egyptian always prepared for death because I feel like I go about my day and take life day by day and not even think about it that much. I want To be prepared like them. I I think it is the liminal space because itā€™s spiritual and Iā€™m here in the physical. I guess I am thinking of diety like the Sun God Ra and how they thought :thought_balloon:
Jeannie

7 Likes