@crystal59 Aww, thank you. :black_heart:

@john1 Hah. Thatā€™s the dance I was talking about. :laughing:

17 Likes

I love watching them and the song is good to

17 Likes

I think you should do that witch dance record yourself and post it here

I can send you the link of them teaching the dance

17 Likes

Thatā€™s the plan. :smile: Thereā€™s a whole thread about it, including a list of willing participants and guide videos, here:

18 Likes

I love the history of this dance as well the witch dancing with the devil I read that somewhere about the dance

17 Likes

Nice challenge! Iā€™m thinking of my entry with both walking meditation, dog tracking, and yoga the three that are up thereā€¦ still considering. But in my spell work Iā€™ve been focusing on manifesting successful dog tracking and Iā€™ve been working towards a title with my dog, so I might describe our ā€œexerciseā€ towards that. :dog:

17 Likes

@starborn my thoughts exactly :joy::crazy_face: @john1 I may give in a whirl in my fancy wheelchair and my homemade besom! A bunch of us were going to do it and record it!

18 Likes

Challenge Entry: Magick of Movement

For this entry I decided to focus on the magick of movement in DOG TRACKING.
Dog Tracking is a sport that I do with my Dutch Shepherd dog, Luna.

It is a weird sport because it essentially requires the dog to ā€œfind a ghostā€.

A person lays a track by walking in a field or urban area and leaving their scent behind naturally (did you know you leave your scent behind every time you walk through a place?) and leave items (usually gloves or socks with their scent on it) at the beginning, along the trail, and at the end. Then they leave the area for a couple of hours, and the track/scent ages. Then the dog and their handler (Luna and I) come on to the scene and basically have to find the scent, retrace the personā€™s actual steps (the ghost), and find the articles. The handler (a.k.a. me) is ā€œblindā€ meaning you do not know where the person stepped or turned or where the track is, so it can be very disorienting and confusing. The dog in this sport has the advantage, with their nose being able to smell extremely well.

[A lot of people confuse tracking with search and rescue (SAR). SAR is different because at the end you are actually finding a lost or hurt person and you are on a team of people who are deployed to rescue them. My dog and I are not saving anyone. We do this as a sport. We may enter a trial to get an AKC title, or not. We do this for fun and exercise on the side, similar to how other dog people might practice obedience or agility.]

It is a workout I can tell you that much because my dog is extremely athletic and pulls a great deal on lead and in her harness when she is on the track and sure of it. It gets so extreme that I have been pulled off my feet in a field! I just have to dig my feet in and put both hands on the line. I have a 30ft long line and a strong harness on her. Luna is driven to find the scent. But at first I was very unsure of myself and my dog and ended up ā€œlostā€ in fields turning in circles and extremely disoriented. Iā€™ve been working with my dog now for three years both in classes and on our own, and learned to trust my dog more, and read her body cues. I can look up a little bit more and take in my surroundings in nature, instead of constantly being worried that I will end up face first in the mud.

Some things Iā€™ve learned from dog tracking that also relate to magick:

• sometimes you need to give up some control and ā€œtrust your dogā€

• look up and visualize your surroundings in nature once in a while

• slow down and take a break when you or your dog need it

I am working towards a Tracking Dog title with Luna so wish us luck! :crossed_fingers:t3:

20 Likes

Thatā€™s so kool canā€™t wait to see it @Sivonnah

16 Likes

Dogs are amazing. I had 2 coon hounds and used to go hunting with a friend that had 2 of his own. So after working 12-14 hrs on the dairy farm, we would go out and walk sometimes 15 miles or more in the woods in the dark and follow the long bays of some good hounds. Things we do in our youthā€¦ wonderful nightsā€¦ exhausting nitesā€¦

:goat:

18 Likes

Challenge Entry - Magick of Movement

:star2: Another instance of fortuitous timing!

Today was my last day in my 30 days of Flow - Yoga with Adriene. Itā€™s amazing how far Iā€™ve come in just 30 days. We worked with alignment, chakras, self-love, in addition to flexibility, balance, strength, and core work.

It crosses over to every day. I can ground and center more easily now which is something Iā€™ve struggled with in my spellwork. Itā€™s crossed into my running. Today on my run, I was struggling on my last mile. I focused on my alignment, lifted my crown chakra, relaxed my shoulders down, lifted my core, and focused on my breathing. It was amazing how making small physical adjustments and a bit more substantial mental shifts affected my run.

Iā€™m looking forward to continuing my daily yoga practice. :person_in_lotus_position:

19 Likes

Challenge Entry: Magick of Movement

I will be doing my regular daily abs workout.

Also meditation yoga. This helps with my grounding and meditation in my divination and spell work.

20 Likes

Oooh i love this! I just started tap dancing again about month ago. Wonā€™t make yall watch me do that :crazy_face:. But i will make the plan to learn that witch dance. I have been pretty good about movement since December. I try to walk 2 miles a day if not doing exercise beause it keeps the depression and stinking thinking and irritation away for me.

17 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I do 4 sessions of Kemetic Yoga each week. It is basically yoga with an Egyptian twist. Evidence shows that yoga was practiced in ancient Egypt ( although it wasnt called yoga). This practice brings in posed that were inscribed on walls and sequences that link to the deities in order to harness their energies. It also helps with breathing texhnique, which in itaelf can create a meditative state. Its also good for fitness and wellbeing. Here are some moves:

This video shows the sequence of Auset, designed to harness the energy of Isis. I have only shown half. It would be repeated with the other leg too.

Blessed be

Alan

21 Likes

Challenge Entry

I dug out the pages which taught my mother and I how to do what our chiropractor called ā€œyogaā€ back in the 1980ā€™s. The pages donā€™t date back that far, but this is what we were taught.

These were the originals from the 1980ā€™s. Arch the Cat is now called Cat and Cow. Rock & Roll is considered dangerous. The shoulder blade exercize is called the butterfly.

Th following were given to me by a physical therapist.

I thought Iā€™d also include a trick I found in a vitamin magazine. Not sure I agree with testing prescriptions that way.

19 Likes

WOW wheel pose, thatā€™s a tough one

16 Likes

Yes I havenā€™t quite mastered it yet but getting there. Same with the falcon (crow) pose. Practice makes perfect.

17 Likes

Challenge Entry

Movement is getting harder these days. I have trouble standing on flat ground anymore without ā€œstumblingā€ :sweat_smile:

I get up in the morning and do my chores, feed the flock of cats, feed my herd of fish, and care for my school of chickens. :sweat_smile: It being winter I carry my 4 cord of wood into the house to feed my voracious wood stove and care for my green friends. This all happens twice a day. Movement enough for this old man, but there is still all the other things we have to do to keep a house. And I have mine and my mothers to doā€¦

There are many routines I need to get started or restarted. Exercise, resistance training, yard work, greenhouse chores, gardening, de-cluttering, etc. etc. etc. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t have time, just a lack of ambition.

I never realized retirement would be so exhaustingā€¦ :rofl:

20 Likes