It’s the Witches Dance - both in action and a second instruction video

Awesome Witches Dance video one:

Awesome Witches Dance video two:

How-to video one:

How-to video two:

Hope you’re all enjoying the Samhain season

20 Likes

Woo! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

@BryWisteria @MeganB Time for an Infinite Roots dance compilation video for those willing to participate? :joy: :black_heart:

I volunteer to join in the dancing and do the video editing. :joy:

15 Likes

This is so fun! :heart_eyes:

I actually saw something like this once at a dance performance, although I don’t know if it was this or another dance with brooms. I certainly didn’t know there was an official “Witches Dance”- that’s awesome! :dancer: :broom: :sparkles:

Hahaha oh goodness! It’s been years since I danced and I’m terribly camera shy :face_with_peeking_eye: :laughing: I suppose I could lend an extra hand with video editing/music if needed? :grinning:

Alternatively, if we ever have a live meetup I think this would be an excellent group activity to do together! :raised_hands: :broom: :notes:

14 Likes

If it’s any consolation, I haven’t “danced” since doing the Nutbush in primary school, and I only did that because it was part of the curriculum. :joy:

Aussies love Nutbush City Limits.

12 Likes

I feel like my life has been improved now that I know about the Nutbush- this is amazing :joy::+1:

I’m not sure if it’s the kicking feet or the guy in the epic cowboy hat (probably both) but I’m having flashbacks to doing Cottoneye Joy- which I guess was our curriculum-included version of the Nutbush :laughing:

Maybe I’m biased (and I am- in true teenager style, I pretty much automatically hated anything they forced us to do in school :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I think the Nutbush looks like more fun :dancer: :notes:

11 Likes

Oh gosh, Cottoneye Joe! :joy: I haven’t heard that in forever!

Did you also have to do The Macarena in school? :joy: Nutbush City Limits and The Macarena were the two we had to do in primary school.

Then high school got boring and tried to teach us to waltz, and I pretended to be sick every single time so I never did it. :crazy_face:

That being said, I’ve always wanted to be able to dance like this:

@CelestiaMoon Dance with meeeeeee. :black_heart:

12 Likes

I was thinking the same actually! Maybe first a European/American/Australian one and then an International one? :thinking:

The Macarena was a stapple at the bithday parties, still dancing it :joy:

I am in if you do it! I only need a broom XD Time to put my dancing skills in practice :dancing_women:

12 Likes

Oh my, so many fun dance videos :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This sounds sweet, I’d love to join in :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now how fun would that be?! :star_struck:
Terrifyingly hard to organize, but a cute thought :smile_cat:

Awww how could I say no? :smile_cat: :black_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Right! So do I. :joy:

I think I’m going to have to improvise and use my wand, instead. :thinking:

You can’t! Bwahaha! :black_heart:

12 Likes

I have a cane from dancing that is kind like this, maybe I will use this as well?

14 Likes

I will join you in spirit, but definitely not in video :joy: I don’t dance and I’m about as graceful as a penguin :rofl:

13 Likes

I’m not used to dancing to any steps either, I just let the music lead me wherever… :smile_cat: :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Oh dear goddess that witches dance was soooo fun - I am learning this for sure! I love all of it! Thank you so much for sharing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: SOOOO fun!!!

11 Likes

That would be awesome! :black_heart:

You’ll see I am too, soon. I’ll share mine when I get it done. :joy:

VtMB on Tenor

10 Likes

Oh, the times I danced along with my character there… the vampire clubs have the best music! :smile_cat: :dancer:

10 Likes

:black_heart:

I’ll never crawl again
I’ll never fall again
Until I’m free

Here I stand in this room
Caged and trapped inside
Seems I’m damned to live a lie
Unaware of what’s outside
Should I care
For what’s left me behind

And I stare at lights that makes me blind
Internally there’s nothing left for me to be
I’m here alone and isolated

Have no choice but be isolated
Struggling, left alone, apart
Pushed aside, made segregated
Struggling, left alone, apart
See I have no choice but be isolated
Threatened, forced to extract the heart
Pushed aside, made segregated
Have no choice but be

The monsters make me hide
Perhaps I’ll eat myself alive
Internally, what is there left for me to be

I can’t care for what’s left me behind
And stare at lights that makes me blind
These broken walls trap me inside
I’m isolated

Sincerely,

A daughter of Janus

11 Likes

Listening to that song again, reminded me of one of my favourite parts from Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire, with the best bits in bold:

“No. I must make contact with the age,” he said to me calmly. “And I can do this through you… not to learn things from you which I can see in a moment in an art gallery or read in an hour in the thickest books… you are the spirit, you are the heart,” he persisted.

“No, no.” I threw up my hands. I was on the point of a bitter, hysterical laughter. “Don’t you see? I’m not the spirit of any age. I’m at odds with everything and always have been! I have never belonged anywhere with anyone at any time!” It was too painful, too perfectly true.

But his face only brightened with an irresistible smile. He seemed on the verge of laughing at me, and then his shoulders began to move with this laughter. “But Louis,” he said softly. “This is the very spirit of your age. Don’t you see that? Everyone else feels as you feel. Your fall from grace and faith has been the fall of a century.”

I was so stunned by this, that for a long time I sat there staring into the fire. It had all but consumed the wood and was a wasteland of smoldering ash, a gray and red landscape that would have collapsed at the touch of the poker. Yet it was very warm, and still gave off powerful light. I saw my life in complete perspective.

12 Likes

Damn, I wish I could get this:

But the delivery cost to Australia would be $178.22. :joy:

I’ll have to stick with my wand or make one myself.

11 Likes

:dizzy_face:

That’s crazy! When I was living in Asia it cost basically nothing to mail things from Japan or Korea to the US. In Thailand I sent boxes of stuff home to keep my backpack light. But the other way around? Sending a package out of North America or Europe these days costs an actual fortune! It’s baffling to me :face_with_spiral_eyes: :package: :question:

eeeEEEEYYY Macarena!!! :clap::clap: :dancer: :joy:

Wow, the waltz is fancy! :star_struck: Nah, I don’t think so- if we did, I must have been “sick” that day too lol.

Honestly, I think the macarena and cottoneye joe were already too advanced for my grade as a collective whole :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

#dancegoals right here- this is awesome! :sparkles:

Yay! It would be fun, but I also agree with @CelestiaMoon- the logistics of planning and getting everyone to one location would be quite the process :sweat_smile:

It’s going on the back burner- but I’m sure some day, some way we could make it happen! :grin:

Pretty! :sparkles: May I ask what type of dancing you do, Stavroula? I knew a troupe that did a style of dance they called “Egyptian belly dance” and they used canes somewhat like these ones. They always looked so cool when dancing! :dancer: :two_hearts:

Dancing with props is fun- I bet using a broom is a particularly fun dance prop! :broom: :smile:

9 Likes

Belly dancing as it is called in the western world.

The canes are used in the dance called Saidi (folklore dance from upper egypt)
Check it out if you like

9 Likes