đŸ•ș Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magick of Movement

@Sivonnah Glad that you are resting, caring for yourself. And doing gentle movement.:gift_heart:

13 Likes

@celineelise i love your tattoo of the moon phases :full_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon::new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon:

13 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience by the deadline:

→ Tuesday, Feb 6th at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)

The energy is running high this week! Bravo to everyone who got going for some magickal movement this week- from stretches to dance to exercises of all types, thank you to all those who have shared an entry so far! :person_cartwheeling: :two_hearts:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :man_dancing: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Alrighty, it’s been a banana sandwich week but I’m finally getting to it!

Challenge entry

I made this modified chakra yoga routine (seems to have been a fairly popular choice) using mostly info in the book “The Power of Chakras” by Clare Smith. (I would include a picture of the book but for some reason I can’t upload pictures right now :disappointed_relieved:) In a chapter of the book she gives ideas and tips and even short routines of 5-6 poses for each of the chakras, but I decided to modify it slightly by just using two poses for each chakra for a whole routine instead of individually split up.

Root: grounding poses that are focused on stability, strengthening your legs and lower back

• Mountain Pose
    -Tree Pose

Sacral: opening up the hips and sacrum

• Crescent Moon Pose
  • Frog Pose

Solar Plexus: balancing poses, focused on the core and the middle of the back

• Cobra Pose
  • Boat Pose

Heart: open the chest, releasing tension in the lower back

• Bridge Pose
  • Downward Dog

Throat: neck flexibility, shoulder strength

• Cat/Cow
  • Child’s Pose

Third Eye: stabilize the body, connect with intuition

• Puppy Pose
  • Locust Pose

Crown: support meditation, relaxation and focus

• Lotus Pose
  • Corpse Pose

She gives more examples of poses for each chakra. I just tried to create a simple “flow” for all seven, but it wasn’t always possible to make it flow super smoothly. I also included her descriptions of what each pose what supposed to do in relation to each chakra, so anyone who wants to and is proficient enough in yoga can adjust and adapt with different poses as necessary.

Anywho, this was fun and a welcome break from a crazy week :blush:

17 Likes

Challenge entry!

My physical health has been terrible since having kids
 this is my commitment to go for a daily walk with my kiddos and enjoy nature. I also intend on signing up for a yoga class next week!:crossed_fingers:t2:. Time to put the energy in to healing my body!

18 Likes

Challenge Entry
I will go on a walk near a forest and do some breathing exercises.

13 Likes

@crystal59 thank you! It is one of my favorites. My partner is giving me a witchy tatoo. I will post it once we finish. It is just out Lines, it has a witch hat, couldron broom and spell book.

12 Likes

@BlueAngelite Learning dances that are not a complex as tap dancing I can do. Been practicing and taking dance classes most of my life. So was fun to use that muscle again. As long as the person isn’t mirroring me and i get to follow their moves from behind i am good. Cause if it isn’t that way. I fucked. My dyslexia makes me get confused :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

13 Likes

I usually do a walking meditation down the road I live on at least once a week. I love to free flow dance anytime the opportunity is available. I dance around the house almost every day to my youtube music playlist or iheart radio, which could be considered a meditation in itself since it puts me in a different frame of mind than I get from just sitting around.

12 Likes

Challenge entry

Well, this was the kick in the bum that I needed to get back into physical things.

I love going for walks and my walks are almost always meditative in nature, but the heat recently hasn’t permitted it. And now there’s so much rain
 I love rain, but it’s indoor-time weather!

What’s important for me, however, is to ensure I actually get the exercises done that the physiotherapist gave me. They’re core strengthening exercises that help me with a lot of things from posture to balancing out both sides of my body, and reducing any swelling or pain in my knees if I get any. So that’s step one! :grin:

Step two is practicing the witches dance! I haven’t had much of a chance to do it and it’s going very slowly
 But we’re getting somewhere! I showed what I remembered to my partner without a guide to follow and I got somewhere within the realm of
 Something that looks like it. :crazy_face:

Yeah, I’m not good at that
 :sweat_smile: But they were very supportive. Maybe supportive enough that I can rope them into doing it with me? :thinking: We shall see
 We shall see
 :smiling_imp:

Lastly, as a bonus round, I want to do this: Yoga with Adriene. But I want to get my basic exercises (and some stretches) regular first. :black_heart:

14 Likes

Really cool I used to train dogs and this is one thing we taught and practiced weekly

11 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

A standing ovation to everyone who got up and shook it out- there are so many ways to incorporate exercise into the practice, and you’ve all been so creative this week! Thank you so much to everyone who joined in for some movement in magick :man_dancing: :dancer: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :man_dancing: :sparkles:

11 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

→ Award Post for the Magick of Movement Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

11 Likes

HAHAAAAA!!! SEHR SCHÖN!!! Danke fĂŒr das Teilen!

10 Likes

Cosmic Curiosity,
I never heard of Kemetic Yoga :person_in_lotus_position: that is something I am excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: to learn about. I want to be a yoga instructor! Although it’s really expensive but this is my passion. I am leaving some yummy information for you and is apart of my challenge and I will be working on some yoga!
Yoga Limbs :person_in_lotus_position:

Anatomy+of+Breathing.pdf (2.1 MB)

https://www.doyou.com/understanding-the-5-movements-of-the-spine-in-yoga-asana-84908/
Jeannie

9 Likes

Starborn,
I feel the same way it was really windy last weekend. I ushally go for walk and love leisure activities. Yoga is good way to experience flow which is a state that one can get and the person doesn’t care about spectators watching. One is totally engaged and has a voluntary activity that gives them pleasure. This was really honored by the Greeks. I feel so grateful to have free time with myself. Yoga :person_in_lotus_position: is good way physically mentally and spiritually!
I hope you enjoy yoga with Adriene. I have her app and is really helpful. She even has meditation practice and food recipes.
Hecate would see this as a great way to honor her too!
Jeannie

9 Likes

Oh! I hadn’t considered that. It’s a good point. Thank you~ :black_heart:

9 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit Activities to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (And if you’d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)