šŸ•ŗ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magick of Movement

Challenge Entry - Magick of Movement

:star2: Another instance of fortuitous timing!

Today was my last day in my 30 days of Flow - Yoga with Adriene. Itā€™s amazing how far Iā€™ve come in just 30 days. We worked with alignment, chakras, self-love, in addition to flexibility, balance, strength, and core work.

It crosses over to every day. I can ground and center more easily now which is something Iā€™ve struggled with in my spellwork. Itā€™s crossed into my running. Today on my run, I was struggling on my last mile. I focused on my alignment, lifted my crown chakra, relaxed my shoulders down, lifted my core, and focused on my breathing. It was amazing how making small physical adjustments and a bit more substantial mental shifts affected my run.

Iā€™m looking forward to continuing my daily yoga practice. :person_in_lotus_position:

19 Likes

Challenge Entry: Magick of Movement

I will be doing my regular daily abs workout.

Also meditation yoga. This helps with my grounding and meditation in my divination and spell work.

20 Likes

Oooh i love this! I just started tap dancing again about month ago. Wonā€™t make yall watch me do that :crazy_face:. But i will make the plan to learn that witch dance. I have been pretty good about movement since December. I try to walk 2 miles a day if not doing exercise beause it keeps the depression and stinking thinking and irritation away for me.

17 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I do 4 sessions of Kemetic Yoga each week. It is basically yoga with an Egyptian twist. Evidence shows that yoga was practiced in ancient Egypt ( although it wasnt called yoga). This practice brings in posed that were inscribed on walls and sequences that link to the deities in order to harness their energies. It also helps with breathing texhnique, which in itaelf can create a meditative state. Its also good for fitness and wellbeing. Here are some moves:

This video shows the sequence of Auset, designed to harness the energy of Isis. I have only shown half. It would be repeated with the other leg too.

Blessed be

Alan

21 Likes

Challenge Entry

I dug out the pages which taught my mother and I how to do what our chiropractor called ā€œyogaā€ back in the 1980ā€™s. The pages donā€™t date back that far, but this is what we were taught.

These were the originals from the 1980ā€™s. Arch the Cat is now called Cat and Cow. Rock & Roll is considered dangerous. The shoulder blade exercize is called the butterfly.

Th following were given to me by a physical therapist.

I thought Iā€™d also include a trick I found in a vitamin magazine. Not sure I agree with testing prescriptions that way.

19 Likes

WOW wheel pose, thatā€™s a tough one

:goat:

16 Likes

Yes I havenā€™t quite mastered it yet but getting there. Same with the falcon (crow) pose. Practice makes perfect.

17 Likes

Challenge Entry

Movement is getting harder these days. I have trouble standing on flat ground anymore without ā€œstumblingā€ :sweat_smile:

I get up in the morning and do my chores, feed the flock of cats, feed my herd of fish, and care for my school of chickens. :sweat_smile: It being winter I carry my 4 cord of wood into the house to feed my voracious wood stove and care for my green friends. This all happens twice a day. Movement enough for this old man, but there is still all the other things we have to do to keep a house. And I have mine and my mothers to doā€¦

There are many routines I need to get started or restarted. Exercise, resistance training, yard work, greenhouse chores, gardening, de-cluttering, etc. etc. etc. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t have time, just a lack of ambition.

I never realized retirement would be so exhaustingā€¦ :rofl:

:goat:

20 Likes

Very cool! Iā€™ll have to look into this! Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d be able to adapt these moves though

15 Likes

@georgia I have some of the same printouts!

15 Likes

My plan is to do the witchs dance and record it! :crazy_face::grin:

Iā€™m also supposed to be stretching and range of motion exercises. Iā€™ll have to get back into that routine.

My other plan is to start Qi Gong again (I think thatā€™s how you spell it :crazy_face:)

So weā€™ll see how the dance goes and Iā€™ll update!

16 Likes

@Shadeweaver yes dogs can go for hours on a scent. Humans sometimes if they are young and spry enough can follow along too. Although you might be surprised that most of the teams that compete in tracking trials are actually older folks with younger dogs. Coon hounds do have great noses though! They do great in tracking and scent work, as well as blood hounds. :dog2:

15 Likes

Challenge Entry

Although mine isnā€™t a dance, it is something that Iā€™ve learned to take the mundane out of my life when I need to be more in touch with not only myself but my area & what Iā€™m doing & trying to achieve.

Itā€™s actually a few little things, I suppose in a way it could be a type of meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: but definitely not conventional.

When I need to refocus & come backā€¦ I go for a short brisk walk. Usually to the top of my street then back to my house :house:

Instead of going back inside, I walk onto my back porch or to my back patio by my fire pit. I have a tendency to look around & toward the ground or skies ahead while Iā€™m walking, but more pronounced once I make it back to my yard. Noticing where rocks, sticks, leaves, & things areā€¦ whether theyā€™ve moved at all due to weather or what the animals around my area are up to.

Iā€™ll sit in a chair & just noticeā€¦ all the things. Differences in the sky, weather, movements of leaves, animals, changes as the weather changes, after a rain, wind, or snow.

More often than not though, I walk around my entire yard. Taking notice of things, feeling the air, how it moves across my skin or through my hair.

More recently Iā€™ve started walking a bit further than the top of my street & around my yard. Although those are still daily occurrences. I now walk & do the same types of things, but since Iā€™m walking further I notice the different things around wooded areas, the waterways, branches that are barren, fallen, leaves, colors, types of earth, grasses.

It helps get my mind off of whatever is crowding it & doesnā€™t need to be there. So when I can go back inside, Iā€™m more on track for what it is I need to focus on when Iā€™m back.

I actually do this quite a lot, even if that short walk is from from front porch, sonetimes back porch, to my fire put & back. Or around my driveway. Itā€™s a break for me to come back to where I need to be instead of everywhere all at once. Iā€™m focused on the elements around me & my surroundings & what is happening in those moments of time.

20 Likes

@georgia thanks for sharing these. I do beleive the chi exercise works. I have been taught that but it, was described to me as you being your own pendulum. The only other thing I was taught was that you need to be well hydrated for it to workā€¦ I use it alot actually when I am usure if I need a suppliment or even an object at the thrift store.

16 Likes

Good to know. Thank you for the addition.

I havenā€™t been drinking much, lately, but it seems like my body doesnā€™t want water. Since I live in the high desert, I hear a lot about saving water, so anything I can do in a healthy manner, I will.

16 Likes

Challenge Entry

I love nature walks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
it is the best way to meditate
However, I also love dancing!
in the morning when I drink coffee I always rock to a music!
itā€™s the way to start the day beautifully!
my partner says that today will be another activity day, there will be no peace hahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19 Likes

Challenge Entry

I went back and forth trying to decide what to do for this challenge. Today, one of my cats had the zoomies. She went to the vet a couple of days ago and was lethargic for about a day and a half like she usually is whenever she gets her shots.
I thanked Bast that my cat was given a clean bill of health and spent about fifteen minutes playing and chasing each other. :laughing:

20 Likes

I needed to buy a new watch band for my smart watch and I wanted something witchy. I found this one on Amazon and itā€™s perfect!

When it gets here (hopefully on Monday) I will charm it to help me with my movement goals. I will also be creating a sigil to use as my watch face for the same purpose, but I donā€™t want to share that here as itā€™s a bit more private.

My movement goals are two-fold: one, to lose weight; two, to feel better in my body physically. I sit at a desk all day for work and donā€™t generally do a lot of movement. I canā€™t do much outside right now because everything is frozen and the ice is slippery :joy: so I have to do things at home. Letā€™s face it - for most of us, if weā€™re at home, we donā€™t want to exercise. At least, that seems to be the case for me.

Iā€™m hoping that charming the watch band and creating the sigil will help give me the boost I need.

19 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry for Amethyst

Well, this one is a bit difficult for me. Iā€™m an object at rest that likes to stay at rest. LOL! Not to mention exercise is really difficult for me. My friend Evon got me to join a gym but then got sick and now sheā€™s not able to go really, or at least not able to drive. Itā€™s not as fun going alone. I feel self-conscious.

But I am trying to do stuff at home to exercise. Getting up and down ten times in a row for thirty reps. Working with dumbells and the kettlebell I got for Yule. Mostly itā€™s upper arm work, which is good for me.

But to get me really breathing hard, I do this workout from YouTube. Itā€™s a chair workout, which is good but it leaves me feeling like Iā€™ve had a workout despite it being short.

The only problem is, that the woman in the video is so darn perky! LOL! Makes me annoyed every time!

So thatā€™s what I do to get moving, and believe me any movement out of my fat bum is magic!

17 Likes

Challenge entry- Iā€™ve been doing this every morning for the challenge by letting the utube video be my guide for grounding and yoga. :person_in_lotus_position: :witch_pentacle: :consecrate_spell:

17 Likes