šŸŒ„ Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magick of the Sun

Thank you, that is so nice of you to say :sun:

10 Likes

Whoa, thatā€™s amazing! :star_struck: Too bad we wonā€™t be able to see it from Poland- youā€™ll have to enjoy it enough for me too haha! :grin: :+1: :heart:

That is a beautiful abundance spell, Mary- wishing you all the best with your health, may good feelings, strength, and well-being all manifest wonderfully and in many positive ways for you! :pray::two_hearts: Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful spell- good luck and happy casting!

Scarier news- itā€™s already Friday here! :scream:

You are not kidding, my friend, the days seem to go by faster and faster, and the weeks are truly flying by! :joy:

Thatā€™s a great reminder and I agree wholeheartedly- thank you so much for sharing it, Garnet! :heart::hugs::sun:

Ohhhh that sounds exciting, and perfect for the theme this week! :star_struck: If you decide to give it a read, I hope it has lots of fun ideas and great solar spells for you, Siofra! Good luck and happy reading! :open_book: :sun_with_face:

11 Likes

@Garnet I love your in=depth ponderings about the sun!

@mary25 Thank you for mentioning the solar storm and providing the linkā€“so fascinating!
And what a beautiful spell!

I love the inspiration for this weekā€™s challenge. The sun is such a powerful source for us here on Earth. It fuels all life with its energy. When I look and see its bright light, I am engulfed in hope and magic. I am having so much fun exploring different ways of celebrating and honoring the sun this week!

12 Likes

I have been making Sun Tea for years. This time I will be making it, but I will be adding a little bit of Magick with it. :sun: :cauldron:

11 Likes

Greetings all

Challenge entry

Please be gentle Ladies as this is many firsts for me. First time as a witch (Baby Witch), first Altar, first ā€œspellā€ā€¦

I greet the Great Father (Sun) every morning as I rise and look out my bedroom window. He is appreciated every day and is thanked often along with The Great Mother as I do things during the day, or see the numbers 22, or gaze on the beautiful spring flowers in my gardensā€¦

Being fair skinned, I stay out of His eye in the warmer months, but this time of year He is very much welcomed.

Hail Great Father

Source of Light and energy
Manifestor of my reality
for in your warm embrace
You enable the bright cheery face
of our Sister Moon

Source of energy and Light
manifests my very sight
Through your embrace of Mother Earth
come tree buds and flowers birth
Creation of wind and rain

Love and Gratitude unbound
blessed be

14 Likes

I am so excited by this one. Iā€™ve created a sun charge cleaning boosted recipe, not Iā€™m just waiting for actual sunlight
Iā€™ve got one of the three spells on my list to do done.
I am in full swing and totally energized
Good brain day number 2

11 Likes

Absolutely beautiful and your Altar is incredible. You may be a baby witch in this life but you were very experienced and respected in another

12 Likes

Challenge Entry
For this week challenge I made the sun goddess perfume and it smells amazing! Iā€™ve also been spending more time outside this week just baking in the sun (yes baking itā€™s HOT here in bama :joy:) I made some solar water as well. I feel like the sun recharged me because Iā€™ve been very busy with my candle busy Iā€™ve made 30 candles in 2 days and have been cleaning my house just about every day whew but I feel great! I honestly never knew we could do anything with the sun until I joined spells8 but now I know! Thank you!

12 Likes

Airamā€¦lovely, lovely, lovely!
Garnet

11 Likes

challenge entry
So ive had many ideas of how to approach this challenge, but i was sitting at trainstation ( today being saturday) and waiting for friend to go on a picnic in nature. And as i was sitting just enjoying some ( suburban) but being outside time watchung birds, feeling breeze, i looked over and saw the sunset and thought id share. Mught still do other thinfs but just meditating with sunset as sun went down.

The otherthing been reflecying on was the use of the sun in divination cards and how its used and how different times og the day can have different meamings and hoethry are used in cards. I also found one deckthat the sun card didnt seem as obviois to be about the sun as it wasnt as clear that the sun was there. So imagery in tarot and Oracle cards can help when not only meditating on a card but also in interpreting cards. Like a card that shows a sun set says something about the meaning and would have different energu to say an image in full light of the day. It was interesting to go through and look at all the cards showing sunlight or the sun at different points of tge day and reflect on the energy and meaning.

13 Likes

chsllenge entry 2
So reclaiming my home, cleaning and reareanging i was ablr to create a space where i can meditate and look outside ecen when weather does start to get colder and wetter and it was so nice to have the sun come in and warm the space. Enough room to also do yoga and taichi.

i sat on the mat amd i had good view of the sky and all clouds. Need to fix up the balcony and the plants but i did a start today and dealt with some wasps that decided to invade and threaten to attack but managed it without injury. Lol but not without lots of explitives when ine came flying at me and me waving the dustpan brush atound. Lol sorry neighbours for the noise :joy::woman_facepalming:

12 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry for Amethyst

I wanted to write a prayer to the sun since Iā€™m up before it is usually. LOL! Iā€™ve been reading a lot of Greek myths lately so I used the Greek Titian Helios, as the God of the Sun. I hope yā€™all like it.

Morning Prayer

I call upon lovely Eos, The Dawnbringer, to draw back the cloak of the night with your rose-tipped fingers and let the sun shine forth! Put the Stars to bed and set Helios free!

Great Helios! Mighty Sun! Bring your chariot out and harness your fiery-maned steeds! Wake up the world with your golden aura!

I honor you, beautiful Helios, you who see all from His chariot in the sky! Shine upon me and bless me with your countenance! Grant me your strength and healing! Illuminate the day with your presence!

And when your day is done, and you travel back to the East, rest well so you can shine again!

Blessed be!

12 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful!

9 Likes

Challenge Entry

I came across the spell in the Encyclopedia of 5000 spells by Judika Illes.

Please be careful when performing this spell

Do not look into the mirror until the ritual is complete and the mirror is withdrawn from the sun.

Keep your eyes averted

Do not perform this ritual in the vicinity of dried paper, dried leaves or botanicals.

Make sure no on e is nearby who could be inadvertently blinded or burned

Drawing Down the Sun; Creating a Solar Charged Mirror

On a bright sunny day, hold a small mirror in the palm of your hand, tilted to catch direct sunlight.

Maintain the position for no more than a few seconds. Nine seconds is the maximum.

Thatā€™s it, the mirror is charged. The sun is so powerful that nine seconds is all it takes, and half of that is probably more than sufficient.

The mirror must be reserved for magical purposes. If it is a accidentally used for another purpose, it must be cleansed, reconsecrated and the ritual repeated.

The most popular used for magic mirrors are Divination, Spiritual Communication, Spell Work, Romantic or Protective Amulets, and Banishing Spells.

9 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

i love the sun. I love being out in it and when it is out, i generally feel more energetic and happy. I have suffered from depression recently which has affected my physical health (not wanting to exercise) as well as my mental health. I actually set this as an intention for my new moon ritual so decided to get the power of the sun to come along on my journey too.

This started with my normal setting up a work place jn front of my main altar( i tend to work on the floor in front of my main altar). I cast my circle, invited my deities and offered them sandalwood incense.

I also asked the sun deity Ra for his presence, lighting an orange candle that I blessed with frankincense to represent him.

I had written rhe affirmation that I AM PHYSCIALLY AND MENTALLY HEALTHY. For the purposes of this spell, i shortened it to healthy. I then used standard numerology to convert these to numbers.

I then used the magic square linked to the sun to create a sigil. Use my burning tool, I burned it into a wooden disk ( i thought this was a good representation of the suns heat and energy). I then rubbed the disc in frankincense before passing it through the sun candle on my work space.

I then meditated upon the symbol and its meaning before rhanking my deities and releasing the circle.

I now will carry the sigil in my pocket each day as a reminder of my affirmation.

Blessed be

Alan

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

The sun made an appearance yesterday, unexpectedly! So, I made some sun water and offered it to Brigid. I then drew a sunā€”I erased some parts a few times and tried to make it look as neatly as I canā€” and made a crystal grid with some Tigerā€™s Eye for self-confidence and inner strength. I finished the ritual by asking how I can prevent my Solar Plexus Chakra from being thrown off balance and I drew the Knight of Swords (reversed). I think that this is cautioning me to not be too overly confident or egotistical because if I fail, that will be a hit to my self-confidence.

9 Likes

Challenge Entry :sun:

I have been so happy :smiling_face: since Monday that it seems since the Equinox, the sun :sun: has decided to be a more regular occurrence in my area! I have always had a wonderful connection with the sun & it always makes my days just, so much better when it is shining brightly in the sky!

I had also been thinking about ways to incorporate the sun into my practice more often over the last few weeks! So this was perfect timing in that way too! :hugs:

First, I did some research on :face_with_monocle: Sun/Solar Magick & I found that there is a book I now have on my list :open_book: Pagan Portals on Sun :sun: Magic! So we have that in the works to be coming my way & really strengthen :muscle: using honoring or using the sun more than I do currently. :star_struck:

Due to the times that my husband & son leave for work, I find myself outside very close to or during the sunrise :sunrise: & if Iā€™m not, my husband will wake me up to go outside & look at or watch the sky as the sun starts cresting the horizon & the different colors & shades in the sky as it does so. I think one of my favorite times to be out there in the AM is when to my right I can see the sun coming up & to my left I can still see the last of the Moon before itā€™s out of sight for the day. Thatā€™s another topic for another day though :laughing:

There are times (a few this past week) that for one reason or another, I oversleep. On those days, depending on the weather, my husband will send me pictures of the sunrise from his view at work. Those are some of my favorite pictures. I am always uplifted & grateful for the sun being awake & shining so brightly in the sky.

Another one of my favorites is when I take my pupper for our morning drive :red_car: (also depending on the time) is seeing how the sun is shining over the ocean :ocean: from 1 of our beaches or views on our drive in the morning.

I also tend to just ā€œhang outā€ with the sun throughout the day. After a certain time, the sun is above the treeline :deciduous_tree: & from mid-morning to mid-afternoon, it is completely over my backyard. At least once, but normally multiple times throughout the day :house_with_garden: I will just head to my back porch, set up a chair & just sit there with the sun shining & just take in all of the things that are happening in & around my yard. Everything from how the sunlight plays off of different things, the shadows created, and the shimmers and sparkles off of items, flowers :sunflower: grass, and plants :herb: in my yard.

I will also watch the way the local wildlife :chipmunk: is more active & exploring the yards :rabbit2: & trees, playing with each other, and gathering things for their nests :bird: or homes. I also take that time to make sure that I lay out my Eco-Drive watch :watch: (which uses sunlight & a quartz crystal instead of a battery to keep it going) for at least an hour or 2, for a completely full charge that lasts quite a whileā€¦ at least a weekā€¦ it only needs 4 hours of sunlight from a completely depleted charge. So I like to just kind of 2 to 3 times a week leave it in sunlight for at least 1 hour *(depending on the weather pattern, sometimes I leave it on the table on the porch, and other times I leave it on our kitchen window :window: sill.

Yesterday, was a bit dreary, and gray, and had more periods of rain :cloud_with_rain: (even if it was light rain) than periods of sun.

Today though, a lot of bright sun :sun: :heart_eyes: so I am currently making Sun Water in a mason jar! I have added Citrine & Clear Quartz to the jar. I also have my ā€œLight Seerā€™s Tarotā€ spread out on the table we have on the back porch too. For some reason, with that deck I have always liked to use the sun for charging it :hugs:

Once I am able to read the book :closed_book: on Sun Magick, Iā€™m hoping to learn some other ways to be able to incorporate the sun into my practice whenever I am able to do so! :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

I spotted this book too. I havenā€™t bought it yet but may do so. Have you got it yet? Would you recommend?

10 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten it yet, but I did save it to my reading list on Amazon. Pagan Portals are amazing books for introduction or basic learning of the subjects that they cover. Usually, when I start learning about something or researching practices or deities, I start with or around Pagan Portals & go from there.

Currently Iā€™m re-reading a book I actually read when I first started working with Brigid. So when I am finished with that & the 3 books I just received (I love :heart: when I get gift cards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:), my plan is to get the 1 on Sun Magic & read that too. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thanks, @Ostara! Glad you liked it!

9 Likes