šŸ”— Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Correspondences

This book is a great book for crystals

What I like most about this book is that they give you keywords the elements in the chakras, and they also explore all the healing and spiritual and physical aspects to keep you in alignment!
Thereā€™s also an affirmation at the end of each crystals.
Scott Cunningham is one of my favorite books!

I need to explore all of my books again.
Jeannie

19 Likes

@stavroula Off topic a bit, I notice Hermes equivalent is Loki. :thinking:, Iā€™m going to have to look into Hermes, I wonder how theyā€™re similar. Perhaps the

Iā€™m also curious about Ares, do you work with him? :sparkling_heart:
This entry was really fascinating by the way :heartpulse:

13 Likes

Thanks darling :heartpulse: Glad you liked it!
Well, I am not well versed in Norse Gods, but it does seem that they share common grounds. Hermes was considered to be ā€œthe divine tricksterā€ and of high intellingence. I believe both Loki and Hermes are akin to each other in regards to trickery and inventiveness. Getting in sittuations and dissappaering from them without anyone know it was them. But does Hermes bring chaos? Hmm not sure about that, the main focus him being the herald of the Gods, protector of commerce and education.
Hmmmā€¦ actually I thought about another god that might is a trickster and that is Prometheus, who sure brought chaos with bringing fire to humans. He is also a fire god and had also being tied to a rock having his guts open as punishment

About Ares now, mostly honouring him, as I do with Aphrodite and Hestia as well. The last year and half has been a rollercoaster with my mental health so I stopped any type of work as my mind had turned into jelly. I do not know if it is because I have a lot of martian energy in my birth chart but for me he is an amazing god.

12 Likes

@stavroula Thankyou for this, yes Prometheus, Iā€™ve heard of him being likened to Loki. Ares sounds like heā€™s a strong support. I hope he strengthens you as you recover and I hope your health gets better lovely :sparkling_heart: Take care :heartpulse:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry :sparkles:
This time I would like to share with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: my recently discovered information on runes and tarot correspondences.

I am new to runes. Just started covering this field, and it was strange for me to find out that they have a somewhat connection with tarot.
As a Gemini Sun, I always considered my tarot card to be the Lovers, and as it seems my rune might be Gebo - the rune of gift.:gift: And as a Moon Virgo, my tarot card would be The Hermit, and corresponding rune Isa - the rune of control(?). :neutral_face:
I donā€™t understand many things about runes ,yet. But maybe the correspondences with other aspects might help me learn them and have a deeper connection with runes.

Moreover , if I select the date, my corresponding rune is Ingwaz - God of fertility, which might suit me as a woman, a gardening lover and a future mother.
I like all aspects of runes.
But still canā€™t figure out how to work with them.

Is here a rune enthusiast that can help me?

Also. A litttle more information about myself: :sparkles:
ā€¢ Bday: May 25th
ā€¢ Sign: Gemini
ā€¢ Element: Air
ā€¢ Numbers: 3, 5
ā€¢ Stones and crystals: Emerald and Moonstone
ā€¢ Flowers: Lavender and Tea Rose
ā€¢ Animal: Deer
ā€¢ Color: yellow
ā€¢ Chakras: Throat (Vishuddha)
ā€¢ Planet: Mercury

17 Likes

@EvaCVM I love the runes, still learning them myself. Hereā€™s what I found for gebo ( :gebo:)
If you are in receipt of a gift/contract :gebo: can mean you have a decision to make to accept it or decline. It can also indicate good relationships whether in the workplace or personally, and maintaining harmony, that will result in you being blessed with good fortune and success. As with all relationships, it warns to keep a balance, as these, in both home and workplace, require a give and take, so keep the other person in mind with your actions and decisions . Show compassion to the people in your life and be able to forgiveā€¦ :gebo: can also refer to gifts from higher powers, particularly skills and talents. Drawing :gebo: is the gods saying pursue this talent as you are being assisted.

Just a few things, context will help to translate the rune as will your question. Some do reversals, some donā€™t. I love the runes and find them much easier than tarot. Great entry. :partying_face:

Rune interpretation

Runes Information

Hope the above links help for information and good books

15 Likes

So, my month rune is Ingwaz, and according to one of the links you shared, my hour rune is also Ingwaz. :thinking:

Runic Number: 22
Meaning: Love. Peace. Harmony. Approval. Unity. Agreement.
Translation: Angel. The god Ing.
Gemstone: Amber
Color: Yellow
Polarity: Male
Element: Earth and Water
Gods: Ing, Frey
Astrology correspondence: Cancer, the New Moon
Tree: Apple
Plant: Selfheal

Characteristics: The rune is named after the Norse heroic god Ing, who came to unite the people of Viking Jutland, and then he left them in peace and harmony. Therefore, Ingwaz is unity, peace, agreement and harmony, but it also symbolizes the undying love between romantic partners. Indwaz also represents completion and certainty of conclusion. This may includes the male orgasmic power or the birth as the end of the pregnancy. The rune is related with wholesome, healthy sexuality and strong and affectionate family. It gives a secure, safe home and heart. Ingwaz is protective, containing the idea of a beacon; it is a light in the darkness and, consequently, a spiritual inspiration.

Interpretation: You may feel isolated on your spiritual journey, but there is a fire of inspiration within you, supporting you to go upward and onward. Feed that noble fire by perservance, seek answers, but escape irrelevant questions. Live only in your present.

Reverse meaning: None

Converse meaning: Peace, love and harmony are hard to achieve, but available. The lover is shy ā€“ help him/her to declare.

From Ingwaz Rune Meaning

13 Likes

challenge entry
So been having bit of trouble with work underpaying again and a month later still issue, waiting on money from somewhere else and waiying on low income healthcaee card ro be processed a month later to and im going into debt waiting and worrying about bills and foodā€¦ my life on hold while on leave cause it was just making burn out n symptoms worse that no progress being made and money dwindling and it was something caused by someobe elses mistake so i felt helpless to fix it, even boss tried to fix pay for two pay cycles ( we fortnight) but had yo go to put ticket in to get fixed with head office. So anyways i was thinking bout this challenge and thought i could use a speed up prosperity something so that for 1 i can stop stressing and mot sleeping which makes burn out worse n also not be completely broke n bankrupt while wait for things to be sorted or fixed. Im all out of spoons and my forks are sparce and not so usefull so im constant run on emptyā€¦
But so last night i did a prosperity spread

This one was to see if i could note any blocks to finances and how to fix if i can. I did note a few pentacle cards which were related yo physical and finance and of course the 8 of swords thorn in my side there always seems to be something im not seeingā€¦ lol ive been getting that card alot lately. Like theres a way out of situation that im nlt seeing yet or cant see or theres something about the situation im not aware of or seeing . . Anyways. The way to overcome the financoal block was the 6 of pentacles. Obvioudly fitting money relating to physical things like money. Ive been studying numerology cause obviously all tarot have slightly different wording, theres heaps of differnt interpretations for same cards even if some similar words it gets confusung.
One thung with numerology esp with tarot is it goes in cycles of 10. 1 new beginining and 10 the conpletion of cycle. 5 seems to be where crisis comes in in the cycle and then it kinda worjs its way to final completion whetger good or bad ( 10 of swords looks painful to me) but so some comfort that how to overcome block is a card that comes after crisis as moves to improve and the ace of cups may mean that the process to thibgs getting better has already started. I did get some money for my birthday the otherday ( it was a bit after bday cause ppl waited to see in person before giving mobey ( which was my request so can replace thibgs falking apart etc, never knew id need it just to keep out of debt n to afford food) but so there is already a start there which i see maybe ace of cups showing something new flowing in, the 6 of pentacles showibg the way to overcome falls aftrr the peak of crisis. . Now its what to do here that i wondered.

Making a new jug of iced coffee i wondered about how coffee is associated to speeding spells up and wondered about adding something to coffee jug associated to prosperity lol peppermint was one choice or cinnomon but me out of that. So its going to be peppermint coffee lol not sure how it will taste but as i drink each cup i will envision the issues resolving and the money/ pay etc waiting on being fixed being resolved so tgings can improve. Matbe even find a spell incantation or write one to say eacj timd drink or pour a cup :crossed_fingers::laughing:it taste ok but if it helps the money blocks be removed ill give ut a go. Let the harmony of 6 of pentacles bring in the finances i need to survive :grin:

15 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, Oct 24th at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)

Iā€™m delightfully taking mental notes but I feel I really ought to go back through with a pen and paper in hand- what a great collection of correspondences, and on so many wonderful things! :star_struck: Thank you so much to everyone who has shared their associations, correspondence thoughts and theories, and more about magickal bonds so far! :raised_hands:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :link: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Everyone else seems to be sharing their books so Iā€™ll share a favorite of mine. Scott Cunninghamā€™s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Itā€™s got all the magical correspondences you want for being a kitchen witch. I canā€™t get in there and cook much anymore but Iā€™m still glad I have this book.

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

Picked up a couple more books that will take me a lifetime to go through and more to understand. :wunjo:

But the one correspondence I do understand is
Spells8 = Joy, camaraderie, belonging, learning, empathy and many more

My Love to all and may we all continue to learn.

:goat:

15 Likes

Challenge Entry - Magickal Correspondences

At the suggestion of the always wonderful @Ostara , I got a copy of LLewellynā€™s Complete Book of Correspondences.

I canā€™t believe I didnā€™t know this book existed and Iā€™ve spent hours already looking through itā€”such a great resource.

Searching through this book and other resources I looked up the correspondences for Artemis.

1. Deity Type: Moon Goddess, Hunting Goddess, Virgin Goddess, Goddess of Wilderness, and Protector of Young Women and Children.

2. Elemental Correspondences:

• Water: Because of her connection to the moon, which influences the tides.
  • Earth: Due to her association with wildlife, nature, and forests.
  1. Color Correspondences:
  • Silver: In connection to the moon.
  • White: Representing purity and her virgin aspects.
  • Green: A nod to her domain over forests and wilderness.
  • Blue: Resonating with her moon goddess energy.
  1. Animal Correspondences:
  • Deer: Especially associated with Artemis, representing gentleness and her protective qualities.
  • Dogs: Some myths describe her hunting with a pack of dogs.
  • Bear: In some stories, young girls dedicated to Artemis would act as ā€œlittle bearsā€ in rituals.
  • Boar: The Calydonian Boar is a famous tale related to Artemis, symbolizing her wrath and connection to the wild.
  • As well as: Bar, Cat, Cattle, Goat, Hare, Horse, Lion and Wolf.
  1. Plant and Tree Correspondences:
  • Cypress: A sacred tree to both Artemis and her twin Apollo.
  • Mugwort: Often associated with moon deities and divination.
  • Amaranth: Connected to her eternal and virgin aspects.
  • Willow: Another tree associated with moon energy.
  • As well as: Cedar, Cherry, Chestnut, Fir, Hazel, Horse Chestnut, Laurel, Myrtle, Oak, Palm, Pine, Walnut, Willow, and Wormwood
  1. Crystal and Gem Correspondences:
  • Moonstone: Represents the energy of the moon.
  • Silver: As a metal, it corresponds with lunar energy.
  • Amethyst: For protection during travels, something a huntress like Artemis would value.
  1. Incense and Aroma Correspondences:
  • Mugwort: Enhances psychic abilities and connects with lunar energies.
  • Camphor: Associated with chastity and purity.
  • Myrrh: For its grounding and earthy qualities.
  1. Symbols and Tools:
  • Bow and Arrow: Representing her prowess in hunting and her swift justice.
  • Crescent Moon: Symbolizing her connection to the moon.
  • Torch: Sometimes used as a representation of guiding light.
  1. Sabbat:
  • Lammas or Lughnasadh: As a harvest festival, itā€™s a time when the power of the sun starts waning, and the moonā€™s power grows, making it resonant with Artemisā€™s lunar energies.
  • Interestingly Beltane and Ostara are listed as well but from what Iā€™ve found sheā€™s not traditionally linked to any of the sabbats but the qualities and symbolism can be woven into any of them
  1. Magickal Intentions:
  • Protection: Especially for women and children.
  • Independence and Self-reliance: As a virgin goddess, she represents autonomy.
  • Hunting and Tracking: Physical and metaphorical, such as hunting for the truth or seeking oneā€™s path.
  • Connecting with Nature and Wild Energies.
  • as well as: war/battle, change, danger, death, fertility,freedom,healing, inspiration, lover, moon magic, calm moods, strength, transformation, witches/witchcraft.

:deer: :herb: :bow_and_arrow: :crescent_moon:

14 Likes

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

14 Likes

#Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magickal Correspondences - Challenge Entry:

This was fun seeing that many of us have the same Correspondence book! :heart_eyes: I love mine and use it for looking up a lot of things - especially with us coming upon the dark months and Samhain!
For fun - right from the book, page 400:

October 31 - Samhain / Samhuinn / Hallowmas
Synopsis in brief:
Lunar Time: New Moon
Seasonal: Autumn
Colors: Black / Orange
Few corresponding Trees/Herbs/Misc plants: Apples (pie! and good for bobbing!); Willow, Witch Hazel (great antiseptic), Yew; Angelica, Catnip (makes a good tea), Garlic, Mugwort (another fantastic tea!), Sage; Allspice, Mullien, Patchouli
Gemstones: Carnelian, Onyx (good for healing old emotional wounds), Obsidian (protection, shielding, grounding!)
Magickal: Fairies!
Goddesses/Gods (briefly): Hecate! Ishtar, Kali, Rhiannon; the Dogda, Loki, Hades, Odin
Animals: Bat, Boar, Cat, Cattle, Dog
Issues / Intentions & Powers: Crossroads, darkness, death (of the god), divination, honor (ancestors), introspection, the otherworld and underworld, release, visions, wisdom (of the Crone)

This wonderful nugget of a book carries a section of ā€œIssues, Intentions & Powersā€ so if you are looking to correspond increasing influence and/or power for spells and intentions - this section can provide insight for the best corresponding times, colors, herbs, metals, et al - For instance, since one of the biggest celebrations is coming (Samhain) and this would be a good time for working on releasing and/or letting go of anything or anyone. I will be looking to Hecate during this time for letting go of what did not serve me this year, and direction for crossroads in my path in the near future.

This challenge was fun!

15 Likes

Lisa love the pumpkin :jack_o_lantern: its so magickal! I love your creativity a d passion for the craft!
As for me, I wanted to protect my home.
Also I wanted to get some cleaning done. I used Moon water :sweat_drops: Did you see the face in the pic? Up above when I took the pic I can see a face above the candle :candle:
I love Moon Water is a great way to enchant the home and Ward it from evil :house:
IMG_5592|408x500

We have the Cauldron

The witches Hat that raises power!

I had really great time protecting my home with my moon water and I feel protected and safe!
Jeannie I had really great time protecting my home with my moon water and I feel protected and safe.

Image Source

14 Likes

I added my challenge entry here: https://forum.spells8.com/t/my-daily-correspondences-challenge-entry/43160

Blessed Be,
BrightBear

12 Likes

Wonderful find

10 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I use correspondence from lots of sources. They have rather large section in my BoS. I use ones form the Spells8 correspondence section, I found variety on

They have tree ones, herbs, trees, animals and I donā€™t remember what else.

Iā€™m also working on a collection of correspondence of tidbits from anywhere and everywhere. One that I remember from who knows where. Shredded orange peel in your facial cream, lotion, homemade tonerā€¦ Iā€™m going to try adding it to my oily skin scrub.
I actually found something similar on https://www.magicalomaha.com

They add Citrine and make it into an anointing oil stating energy, happiness, love, manifestation, luck, and divination as the spiritual properties.

Their recipe:
Adding two tablespoons of dried orange peel and some citrine to a skin care oil to be be used as an anointing oil to uplift and bring a bright, abundant energy.

I personally have used fresh orange peel on a humid day on my way to some function by rubbing the inside of the peel on my face and it worked beautifully. Iā€™ve also sort of squish or bend the peel and used the oil on the dull spots before leaving the house. I have 2 pages of orange properties and uses.

I have several lemon, basil and mint ones and a few others as well. And crystals to of course, both spell and meditation uses and ailment specific placement.

Iā€™m going to be working on a Tarot one as well. Title possibly Out and About Tarot Correspondence

Itā€™s basically going to be a basic, to the point of you will, correspondence of the root meaning of the cards. The idea is when you find yourself in X situation, visualize X card and feel itā€™s energy to help you through or understand the situation you find yourself in and ideally meditate on the cardā€™s image, time permitting.

That idea may be more memory of something from before than the idea dropping into my head, so feel free to tell me if Iā€™m copying someone elseā€™s work.

Iā€™m finding it a little difficult to separate correspondence and recipes with with some but it, like me, is a work in progress.

13 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

A big round of applause to all those who jumped in to talk about magickal associations and swap correspondences this week- goodness, there sure is a lot of wisdom in here! Thank you so much to everyone who shared their notes, books, ideas, thoughts, and information. It is a blessing to see, and will help all those who come here to learn about correspondences in the future- thank you so much! :heart: :pray:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :link::sparkles:

11 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!