📛 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Names

CHALLENGE ENTRY

For many years, I have been entertained by the stars and the night skies. I never really told anybody my true name because they couldn’t pronounce it. Well, my name is Tsihsö’t Yeksá’. Which means Star Child in Seneca Indian. You’d pronounce it seatso yeksa ah. This is very close to the Mohawk because of the location is very close together. My uncle named me this as he noticed me always staring at the night sky. He could see where my happiness lies.

16 Likes

That is a very beautiful name @christina4 :heart:

8 Likes

Oh my god! I loove your magickal name Tsihsö’t YeksĂĄ meaning star child!!! :star2: @christina4 It truly is enchanting and I am star struck
 :star_struck:

10 Likes

Lol thats cool what you found, lol that first one id be Magic seeker, im like yeah fair enough, thats true, but the one with broom stick, not tried any yet wirh links but the one with broom stick and witch id be Wicked Cire. Im not even sure what a Cire is lol maybe im just having a decafginated moment cause i ran out of coffee :joy: but it doesn’t sound like a good thing somehow. Not sure lol but i might try some of the links you shared. I know i habe Phoenix fire. Though im not sure if tgat count as a magical name orjust my handle ( i think thats the name or word used lol. But might b3 interesting to see what can cimeup with. Its been insane week and its sundau n im still working ( just taking a break) but id still like to do something fkr the challenge even if its been so crazy ive barely been able to function once finisj work. But thanks for shating these links amd images :grin::blossom::bouquet::sunflower::hibiscus::rose::cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

Thank you! Star struck, I love that! :star2: :star: :stars:

11 Likes

@Melora_Fae you are all set! I hope that you love your new magical name! I love how you came to it & resonated with it!

@christina4 I love that for you too! If you would like your name changed, please let us know & we can get it done for you! :parrot: :heart:

@Phoenix_Fire I did some searching for you, I didn’t know what Cire meant either! This is what I found for you:

Cire:

• a fabric with a smooth shiny surface obtained by waxing and heating
  • Word Origin
    1920s: French, literally ‘waxed’

Search & Source Credit

Not a bad thing but definitely different to be 'Wicked Cire" or literally Wicked Wax or Waxed

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

Early on in my Craft and when I was still a new user here, I worked frequently worked with Apollo. So, when I first learned about magickal names, I did more research on Apollo’s myths to find a name.

Cassandra was a Trojan prophetess who was cursed by Apollo to never be believed. Since divination is a major component of my Craft (through tarot, oracle, tea leaves, and candle wax), and since I love the name Cassandra, I chose that as my magickal name. I spell it as ‘Kasandra’ to reflect my Polish heritage.

My magickal surname Duskbloom is the result of my playing around with a random name generator. Since I do most of my magickal workings and spells at night, I decided to keep the ‘Dusk’ part. I wanted to change the ‘Bloom’ part, but then I thought, my magick unfurls, blooms when the sun goes down.

15 Likes

@SilverBear I used the witch name generator to test my “challenge entry” ideas and none of them complied!! :sweat: So I went back to the drawing board and back to my other two beginning ideas, Trixie and Scarlet. Trixie is perfect but trying to find an appropriate surname with Trixie never produced a compatible score with my path number of 4. So simply Trixie it is!! I hope our sister witch Nixie won’t mind the similarities. :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Thanks for looking that up for me, lol its actually kinda funny now that know its meaning and hear it together with both words lol

11 Likes

Love this name. It is also great how you dived firther into your deity’s mythology to find it.

It is also reminds me of a song of the same name by Abba, containing the lines

Sorry Cassandra, I misunderstood
Now the last day is dawning
Some of us wanted but none of us would
Listen to words of warning
But on the darkest of nights
Nobody knew how to fight
And we were caught in our sleep
Sorry Cassandra, I didn’t believe
You really had the power

Looks like she could have been the inspiration

10 Likes

I love when serendipity finds it’s way into my life! Originally I was drawn to the name Trixie at the very start of my search during this challenge, loving the play on the word “trick” and the cheery sound. But, I didn’t feel it was “witchy” enough or I was combining it with other names that gave an air of dominatrix. Fun, but not what I was going for here. :wink: Well, now I know I’ve made the right choice and feel so connected to my name in every way having tested it’s compatibility with my numerology. In addition I researched the origins: In English Trixie means bringer of joy. And this description, which absolutely describes my energy and ambition:

It was meant to be!! Thank you @SilverBear and @Susurrus for posting the numerology link! :magic_wand: :blush:

10 Likes

Jeanie is my witch name but I think I want to change it and was wondering what you all think! For one I tried once a divination but I was a newbie witch so maybe this time around I’ll get something. I could not pronounce the name at all.
In the witches workbook by and Graham Marie, in order to awaken your memories, a previous incarnations obtain books from library or bookstore, which lists, gods and goddesses, and other legendary creatures. Study these names and descriptions of their owners, your which name will be linked to the names of powers, and influential in past incarnation, or with whom you have a affinity, rather slowly read the list through underline or copy those that seems somehow write a thesis select the three to which you are most strongly drawn. Say each allowed three times just before you go to sleep call your spirit by name to help you and copy each of the names onto a small square piece of paper. Fold each paper twice to form a triangle. Place it underneath your pillow and dream. When you wake up the next morning, you will likely have a strong couldn’t diction that one of these is your which name destroy the other pieces of paper and burn your which team in the candle :fire: flame. thanking your spirit for his guidance or her. I am just thinking of my own names that I connect too!

So I will ponder on these names and put them under my pillow and transform them into a triangle! Also I am taking out some time today to go over some of the post and see if I can add to this! Ow and you can also do a tarot divination!

Jeannie

Christina

Blockquote

I understand how it can be difficult to pronounce a name. I see why you have the stars and the night :milky_way: sky :milky_way: I’ve heard many stories about stars how stars can be people who have reincarnated. That is wonderful that you were able to provide a name and very special that your uncle named you!
Celestial Moon - Thank you for this wonderful list of Witch names I will be exploring these! I really hope to find a powerful witch name!
Jeannie

8 Likes

This is exactly how I feel, too! It took me so long to feel connected to my birth name for various reasons. Now I couldn’t imagine choosing another name. It doesn’t feel right to me to bring a disconnect into my life when I spent so long trying to feel whole.

I love that! My memory isn’t the greatest so forgive me if I don’t remember exactly, but I just love the synchronicity with which you chose your name and, if I do say so myself, it fits you perfectly!

I say if it fits, then it’s perfect! And it sounds like it fits you exactly the way it needs to.

That’s amazing! :clap: I think Edana is a beautiful name, and the fact that you have a connection to it makes it even better. I’m like you with fire - I could sit and watch a candle all day!

I mean
that’s probably very true :joy: All those innuendos were probably put there on purpose!

First of all, welcome to the forum @priscilla :wave: My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I think Saphira is a great name to choose. Plus the connection to the color blue with your family makes it even more meaningful. :blue_heart:

I think this name fits you very well. I also read The Mists of Avalon - well, I remember reading parts of it in Jr. High. I don’t think I ever finished it but I did end up watching the movie! Your name is special to you and that’s what matters!

I definitely agree with this – your name fits you well!

Congratulations on finding your magickal name! :clap: :revolving_hearts: Selene it is!

Thank you :joy: some of them are pretty silly, I have to admit, but I think you can find a great name in those little games!

Ahh I don’t think it’s laziness. I think you found it by accident and it stuck! And it fits you nicely, too :heart:

I laughed at that quiz question :joy: The only people I know on that list are Gordon Ramsay and The Terminator, both of whom do not fit my practice at all!

Ohh I did this one and, not surprisingly, I got Sabrina Spellman from The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina :mage:

Funnily enough, this is the same one that @Susurrus got :clap:

And you know what? It fits you perfectly!

Merry Meet, Nixi! :clap: I’m glad you were able to push through your frustration and find that creative flow :tada:

I think that’s the most important part, ya know? If you aren’t connected to a magickal name or even feel like it matters, that’s totally fine! Any name has the potential for magick - it’s all in the way the name is used!

I couldn’t see you as anything other than SilverBear :laughing: It fits you like a glove!

This is an amazing way to describe how choosing a name should make you feel. :people_hugging: I’m sorry you had terrible experiences but I’m really glad that you found a name that resonates with you and your personality :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is beautiful, Amethyst :heart: I love that connection you have so much!

I think it’s a perfect perspective! Just like everything else we choose in life, our names and the meaning with them can come and go :heart: Thank you for sharing part of your path with us. I think the name Ekundayo, and the connection you have with the deities, is a beautiful one!

I think Lily is a beautiful name for you, and it has the added connection to your grandmother :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Beautiful name :heart: and I remember you talking about the tattoo you were getting! :fire: I love how this challenge inspired you, especially since you found yourself thinking about names anyway. If you want, we can get your Spells8 username changed to match! Just let me or one of the other moderators know!

Beautiful name! :heart: I think it fits you really well - your personality definitely shines through in the name you chose!

It’s perfect! :clap: You’re right - names were chosen before so that there was less risk of meeting people in person. You couldn’t tell on someone if you didn’t actually know their name!

I mean
 :cupcake: you coouullldddd :laughing: Isn’t that what moms are for?!

Can I just say thank you? :people_hugging: Not a lot of parents in the world are okay when their children come out as anything other than straight or cis-gendered and you are doing an amazing job. I’m not straight, but I am cis-gendered, and my parents had a really hard time with it for a long time. I just wanted to give you a big hug and tell you that you’re amazing :heart: I know that parents should be accepting of their children no matter who they become (as a mom myself, this is absolutely true for me) but not everyone is and it really warmed my heart to see you talk about your child with love and respect :revolving_hearts:

I loved reading through everyone’s entries - and I apologize if I missed yours! There were so many wonderful entries in this challenge that I spent quite a while going through them all!

12 Likes

Oh this so much, you two warm my little trans girl heart :hugs: :sparkling_heart:
Lots of love :kissing_heart: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Thanks muchly! Amethyst will always remind me of my Daddy.

10 Likes

Quite a number of years ago, my daughter wanted to get a dog. I was adamantly against it because I knew that if we got a dog, I would be the one taking care of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love animals. I had all kinds of pets while I was growing up; the trouble was I was basically a single mom (I had a husband however, his family role consisted of bringing home the bacon and being the playmate to his offspring), working and trying to raise a very gifted child and my plate was already full adding one more thing to my plate was more than I thought I could handle. Eventually they wore me down by promising that they would help in the care of the dog.
Well, after a long search, we finally settled on a dog. I read all about the breed and how to train it. I spent many hours talking to my daughter and showing her how to take care of ‘her’ dog. It all fell on deaf ears. After about a month of her not taking care of her dog, I told her that either she was going to take on the responsibility of taking care of the dog or I was going to bring it to the dog pound. That got her attention, and she started to help.
After we had the dog for about 6 months, she started getting sick. So, we brought her to the vet. The vet told us that the dog was diabetic and she would need extra care and she would need insulin shots after every meal.
We talked about just putting the dog to sleep and I was out voted. So once again it fell on me to take care of the dog.
The dog and I really bonded. It was uncanny; we spent so much time together that I knew by her facial expressions and her body language what she needed/wanted and she was some how able to know what I needed/wanted. One day I realized, that she had given me a name. Whenever she needed me her bark would sound like the word ‘roo’. If I was on the other side of the house and she wanted to go outside, she would bark ‘roo’. and that was my cue to go find her and find out what she wanted. If her water bowl was empty, she would call out ‘roo!’ She never used that sound for anything else except to get my attention.
Now, after looking up the herb Rue, I see that it corresponds to protection and positivity. So, now I choose Rue, to be my magickal name. I think it fits. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Magickal Name Challenge Entry

Ooh, this took me longer than I thought it would! I really wasn’t sure that it was something that I wanted, but I found myself thinking and journaling about it more and more. After some soul searching, I landed on a name that really spoke to me.

Aurora Hestia

I’ve always been fascinated by the Aurora Borealis (not lucky enough to see them yet!) and I love the folklore that follows it as well as the science behind it. However, I wasn’t familiar with the Roman goddess of dawn until now. Aurora, the sister of the sun and moon, is essentially dawn itself and that is one of my favorite moments each day. I wake early and always find that my intuition is at it’s best before it’s been interrupted by the hustle of daily life, other people, etc.

This led me to Hestia, the goddess of hearth and home. Home is always where I feel most at peace and creating an environment that is welcoming to my close family has always been a priority of mine. She’s a protector of family life and being that she’s the goddess of the hearth, I was drawn to her as I’ve always felt a pull towards the fire element. It also reminds me of my favorite time of the year - Autumn - where the hearth and home become much more important to our family.

Thanks so much for the challenge! I’ll be changing my username from tenaciousley to Aurora Hestia and using this name to help me on my path. It taught me a lot about myself :slight_smile: And I’m excited to read more about how everyone has found their own magickal names!

15 Likes

Your story was so wonderful! It brought tears to my eyes and reminded me so much of my dog Meg. She died 6 years ago now, but I felt like the bond you explained between you two described my bond with her so well. What a beautiful name and story behind it! :heart:

9 Likes

@Aurora_Hestia It’s amazing how we can bond with animals when we don’t ‘speak’ the same language isn’t it?

10 Likes

These are always fun. I’ll admit that whenever I see a quick quiz I go all Cosmo and partake. I’ve always thought of my name as so plain. And I love it when I come across a fabulous one

Well - let’s see
. I work with elements mostly and I’m an Aquarius —Air sign and I am definitely a bee. So I think:
Air-B’nB will do just fine.

12 Likes