šŸ“› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Names

Wow you created that quickly @CelestiaMoon ! I did try it out, I added commas between each word I chose (am I supposed to do that?), the generator seems to give me random combinations of the words but they donā€™t match my life path number. I do like how it gives me ideas for the combinations though!

9 Likes

Thank you for giving it a try @Melora_Fae! :blush:

I was trying to think of every way you could write the words but somehow I didnā€™t think of commas! :grin: It should understand them now, and hopefully give you names that match your life path number.

10 Likes

Oooā€¦ I tried this & I think my favorites are Empath Renewal, Celtic Flowers, Italian Rose, & Celtic Rebirthā€¦ Iā€™m assuming they align with my life path number that was generated which matches my life path reportā€¦ so thatā€™s exciting too! That one was fun, thank you @CelestiaMoon. Iā€™m pretty sure that it took me longer to think of the words to add :joy:

10 Likes

Sweet! :blush:
Seems like coming up with the words is a helpful exercise by itself, seeing what resonates, and increasing our alignment by directing our focus there :sparkles: I do hope the life path number is matching correctly now. Those are lovely names and very you :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for providing the link! While I have already chosen my name or maybe it chose me, I did run Artemisia through to see if the program thought the name was compatible with my life path / magickal number, so Yay!!! Just another confirmation that it is the right name for me. :bow_and_arrow: :herb: :waning_crescent_moon:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

Ok, so Iā€™m sneaking in right before the deadline here! I must admit that Iā€™ve struggled with this one. Iā€™ve decided not to go with the name of Veneficus de Machinis :rofl: as suggested by the one quiz in the links, altho I did enjoy the explanation, ā€œYou donā€™t deal with nature spirits, or demons, or happy little elves who make clothes. Your magic is built around the stuff that matters: machines.ā€ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: the article continues ā€œYou are a technomancer, a witch who creates a system of magic through a blending of the dark arts and STEM that makes the lights turn green when you want, prevents mobile providers from throttling you, and ensures that slot machines always come up cherries for you. You only deal with practical magic. The rect is for suckers.ā€ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Maybe I need to dabble in technomancy - Iā€™ve honestly never even considered it, but this website has made a pretty strong case!

So Iā€™m struggling because the name that pops into my head every time I think about this is Grace. The literal meaning of this word means so much to me in the context of granting oneself and the people I love grace. Whenever a friend or a love one comes to me looking for advice, my advice is almost always to give grace - either give yourself grace or give the person who wronged you grace. And I donā€™t leave myself out! I think itā€™s important for me to remember that we are all humans, including myself. Human nature is to screw up, make mistakes, and hurt people, even when we have the best of intentions. When I find myself dwelling on a mistake Iā€™ve made in the past, or stewing over something someone did, I always eventually make my way back to grace. We canā€™t grow and learn without mistakes, and we canā€™t process the mistakes to learn the lessons we need to learn without grace.

Grace :purple_heart:

But here is my struggle, and Iā€™d love some feedback from my coven. :purple_heart: 1. It doesnā€™t line up with my numerology. Iā€™m a 3 based on my birth date Grace is 7. Oddly enough, tho, when I read about the traits of a 3 vs. a 7, 7 seems like a better fit for me. Iā€™ve tried changing letters, using nicknames like Gracie, or adding a surname like Grace of the Woods or Grace of Hearts and I never get 3. :woman_shrugging: I am not hugely in to numerology, so Iā€™m inclined to not care, but if someone in my coven has some additional insights here, Iā€™d love your feedback. Also related is the fact that my introduction to witchcraft started with Bucklandā€™s Blue book - which I actually hated and never finished. :rofl: His whole tone bothered me and it seemed to paradoxical - heā€™d flop between talking about how witchcraft and wicca is very individual and every path is sacred, and then in the very next sentence (or sometimes even within the same sentence), heā€™d imply something like ā€œyour witch name must match your numerology and youā€™ll have to change or tweak your name until it does, or it basically wonā€™t work.ā€ :roll_eyes: 2. It just seems soā€¦ not special? I mean, I know people named Grace, and my reasons for choosing this as my witch name really isnā€™t with related. Itā€™s witch related to me because the majority of my practice deals with protection for myself and my family and banishing anything toxic or negative, which means I find myself thinking about grace frequently during my spellwork and meditations. Plus, I had a really traumatic experience growing in a conservative Christian church, so my choice of name is just as much about reclaiming the word for witches and all humans. :purple_heart:

So I guess Iā€™m still working on this one. I may continue as just Grace, or I may look for a surname that resonates with me in the future.

14 Likes

That is so awesome! :heart:

11 Likes

If it fits for youā€¦ go with it! I think Raymond Bucklandā€™s suggestion to have a new name is like a rebirth, he said things very matter of fact but always said that it was really up to you. And aligning it with your birth numberā€¦ sure, but like you said, your birth number doesnā€™t resonate as much. You donā€™t have to match that or have a fancy nameā€¦ be you! :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Edit: Iā€™ll be perfectly honest, Iā€™m using my new name here and wrote it in my journal, but I still resonate with ā€˜Melissaā€™ mostly, which is my birth name. So go with what feels right for you!)

10 Likes

Absolutely beautiful name. I love how you came to this name. :heart:

10 Likes

When I looked up my chosen name with my birth number it didnā€™t match but I decided I didnā€™t want to change it. So, I am glad to read that others donā€™t always match their names to their birth number.

12 Likes

Ellonor
I am glad you were able to tie it all inn together
Sara32 Rue is a a very great protection amulet too!!!
Kassandra,
Duskbloom ā€œ is a result of playing around with a home generatorā€
That is something! I see you have changed your magikal name to Duskbloom! I like how you use nature and time of the sun in the idea of the flower blooming! The name really reflects the idea of your magical rejuvenating when the sun comes up!
Trixie
Trixie means bringer of joy what a brilliant way to create your name youā€™re so creative and I also did my numerology and figured out my path life number is 7 thank u!

Melora Fae
The bee has beenšŸ symbolic indeed I agree, we need bees to pollinate, and they are very neat to learn about the more. I learn, the more I fall in love with them.
Isobel. Tuliptre
I like the symbolism they grow quickly street and strong, and they bloom with beautiful yellow tulip! So beautiful thank you :blush: for this energy!
Isobel
So beautiful and very vibrant which means your aura is very bright. What a great picture. Thank you.
Artemisastrong text** your Athame is so evocative of the deeper world!
SarafenaSagestrong text****
Thank you for sharing you will always be a
ā€œA wise :star2: bright Starā€

Jeannie

11 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

What a week! Iā€™m reading through the entries and am amazed (and so proud!) of everyone- whether you connected with your magickal name, reminisced about your journey to your name, or explored your magickal identity in other ways, congrats to you! :heart: Thank you so much for sharing your stories and names with the coven- reading your entries has been an honor :blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :name_badge: :sparkles:

9 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!) :speaking_head:

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Props and Presents for the Magickal Names Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

10 Likes

Vedia was my first magickal name! I am so glad that you chose it, as well!

12 Likes

My ā€œmarriedā€ name and my birth number match, but my witch name does not. But Iā€™m not going to change my witch name because of that - I think it just adds more depth to my personality.

12 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thank you! I really felt like and honor when it jumped off the page. I guess in a way it chose me!

11 Likes

What a beautiful name!

11 Likes