📜 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Goals and Intent

Merry greetings to all!

Thank you once again to all the cheery folks who shared their joy in last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Holiday Cheer :partying_face:

With good feelings in the air, we all move towards the end of the holidays and a fresh beginning. There will be a big mental and emotional shift as we turn the page, offering a great chance to set our goals for the year ahead :railway_track:.

To help get everyone started on the right foot, the theme for this week’s challenge is…

:scroll::writing_hand: Setting Magickal Goals for the New Year :compass::world_map:

Whether 2020 was a magickal boom or a spiritual bust for you, know that the coming year offers new chances and constant possibilities.

To make the most of what is to come for your magickal practice, it is helpful to set your intentions and have goals to work towards in 2021.

This week’s challenge is all about setting our intent as a magickal map for the new year, and bringing those wishes to life!

Are you ready? It’s… CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

STEP 1 : Setting Our Intent :scroll:

As we know, the driving force of magick is our intent. The things we wish and desire are manifested into being through the careful setting of our intentions.

Here’s a great passage from the How Do Spells Works section of the Spells8 FAQ:

Spells work by opening up a spiritual pathway towards the goals we seek. The words and rituals that make up a spell are a means of engaging the Witch’s mindset in the transformation that is to happen. Like visualizing a road map for our manifestations and our future, the more prepared we are for change, the better it will be.

There is also a wonderful guide to the powers of your own intent and the value of using your own magickal energy by @Silverbear.

Setting your goals is the first step towards achieving them- your intentions now can create a map that leads you towards becoming the kind of witch you want to become :world_map:

So without further ado, let’s set our intent and get on track for the year ahead! While the process of choosing goals is very personal, here are some suggestions for how you might set your intent:

STEP 2 : [Optional] Manifestation Magick :raised_hands:

As a challenge spanning two weeks, feel free to take this next step if you find yourself with extra time!

Setting intentions is essential- but the second step is just as important! Once you have an idea of what it is you want in the new year, it is time to take action.

You know the direction you want to go, now take that first step towards it! :footprints:

With magick, you have the power to manifest your desire into being. We aren’t only dreamers here- we have the ability and talents to take our ideas and bring them to life.

So if you’re up for the task- let’s do some manifestation! Here are some suggestions:

STEP 3 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

No matter how you choose to tackle this challenge, you must share your experience!

Please write about:

• Your experience setting goals for the year ahead
    (you are welcome to share your specific goals or can keep the details personal)

• [Optional] The magick you worked to manifest your goals

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 13 DAYS :exclamation:

Due to the holidays, this challenge has an extended deadline- you have 2 weeks to complete one or both parts of this challenge!

To join in, please share your experience by:

2021-01-05T06:00:00Z CET (Central European Time)

:gift_heart:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that these activities are designed to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The stoke of midnight heralds a farewell to the past- set your sights ahead and welcome the in new year’s possibilities, joy, and light!

Blessed be- and Happy 2021! :clinking_glasses::confetti_ball::sparkles:

13 Likes

Oh, this looks interesting! I’ll have to have a think about what I want to manifest.

7 Likes

I will definitely have to put some thought into this, but I think I just found a new use for my mini journal that I received as a gift! Writing down my intentions would be a great thing to put in there. I’ll have to think about it and really look at what I would like for the new year.

7 Likes

I’m in on this one. I can’t reveal my intent other than to say; I want to do something that will bring Pagan Wicca into mainstream American culture. It’s the being silent part of the Witches Pyramid.

7 Likes

Choices, choices, @Amethyst! :grin: I know it’s tough to decide- I’m also in the thought process right now. I’m thinking I might set goals around learning and working with more deities this year :thinking: Or maybe study more herbs? :herb: Or astrology and the planets? :ringer_planet: I think I might have a lot of things to focus on this year :joy:

Ohhh great idea, @Susurrus! It can be hard to decide what to write first on the blank pages of a new journal. But goals for the fresh new year would be a wonderful way to begin :open_book::heart_eyes:

Awesome, @john4! I think it is a wonderful pursuit to bring Pagan Wicca into the mainstream. There have been some shared recent articles (one, two, and three come to mind) that show paganism in a positive light. It is always heartening to see people challenge old biases/stereotypes around the practice and learn to view it in a more open-minded way! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

My problem is I already set my New Year’s Resolutions when I did my New Moon candle spell. I don’t know what else to do! Glad I have some time to think on it!

7 Likes

I am going to make it this time I am not holding back! Time to spill my guts all over the journal! Time to make a change ladies! This year I need to overcome this obstacle! With a special intention to my health and well being! This witch is going to get busy!
Jeannie

7 Likes

You are ahead of the game, @Amethyst! That’s wonderful you’ve got your goals set :grin::+1: Perhaps you could consider manifestation spellwork, to help make those goals come true? :sparkles:

You can do it, @Jeannie1! I love your energy and fierce spirit- I am sure you can achieve the goals you have set your sights you. I’m cheering you on! :raised_hands::grin:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking of doing this. I’m just short on what I want to do for it. LOL. I’ll figure out something. Thanks for the encouragment!

5 Likes

Here is my grid for abundance.

I used pyrite as the central stone. Aventurine and citrine around the pyrite. And clear quartz double terminated points. All on top of selenite and underneath a copper pyramid for amplification.
My intention is for an abundant new year!

10 Likes

Placing the grid inside a pyramid is a great idea!! :small_red_triangle: And that central stone screams stability and grounding! I hope you have a solid 2021 @christina4!

I decided I will prepare Moon Water on the last night of the year to wash away the energies of this strange year we’ve had.

I made a video:

8 Likes

Wow, @Francisco! It was great hearing my writing come out of Joy’s mouth! LOL. That worked very well.

As for me, my resolutions were mainly based on my health. So I’ve carved the rune Uruz on a green candle for health. I’m going to do this chant as I light it:

My resolutions are set,
Now let them be met.
Let good health come to me by the ton,
As I will, so shall it be done.

Hopefully, this will help me to manifest my goals of exercising more and losing weight. Get my physical health under control.

7 Likes

I’m planning on making moon water, too. It is the last full moon of the year and it’s powerful for me! It will signify positive changes. It’s just a nice reminder I’m also making some for other purposes. :blush: I can’t wait to charge my new crystals! :sparkles::gem::sparkles: :full_moon_with_face:

7 Likes

Ooh girl! You read my mind for a resolution! My health has been like ugh! :pleading_face: But that a beautiful chant!

6 Likes

Thank you! I think one way or another everyone’s health has been down this year, and not just from the Covid. It’s like Murphy and his stupid Law has just came and beat us all up as a nation.

5 Likes

kassie,
I can appreciate how you said that: “your resolutions are set” Your telling yourself, you know what those things are! That gives you conviction, which is manifesting your goals all at once! ! WAY TO BE WITH CONVICTION! YOU GO KASIE!
JEANNIE

6 Likes

Gorgeous, @Christina4 :gem: Wishing you a very blessed and abundant new year- and a healthy one too! :partying_face::two_hearts:

A fantastic way to tie the Full Moon energies with the change of the New Year, @Francisco! :full_moon::star_struck: Awesome video- thanks so much for sharing!

A beautiful chant with wonderful wishes for the new year- your creative mind always comes up with such beautiful things, @Amethyst! :heart: Wishing you a very happy and healthy year to come :pray:

5 Likes

Hee! Thanks for the encouragement @Jeannie1! But really I did my New Year’s resolutions at the New Moon. It just felt right, you know?

Aww, thank you @BryWisteria! Both for the compliment and the good wishes.

5 Likes

I am working on my intentions tonight. :full_moon: I have some candles ready to run and I set my crystals up for the first part of 2021. I have selenite, nuummite, bloodstone, crystal quartz, fluorite, amethyst, and rose quartz on my altar (the rest are put up for now). Anybody feel like guessing what my intents are for the Gregorian new year? :grin:

4 Likes

I have decided to write in my little intentions notebook what I would like to focus on for 2021.

• Good Health
  • Prosperity
  • Positivity

I’m going to work more on my journal too. I try to write in it each day and it’s really helped with my anxiety and feeling more in control. I’m trying to think about decisions before making them, especially the big ones.

7 Likes