šŸš Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of Seas, Sands, and Tides

@Susurrus yes it definitely is a privilege!!
I love to be near the sea, at the beach but it s a rare occasion for me

9 Likes

Look what I just found, and I have all the ingredientā€™s!

10 Likes

I have the blessing (curse?) of looking younger than I am soi get carded all the time. Iā€™ll be 42 this year and that surprises everyone that meets me. They swear Iā€™m in my early 30s at the oldest. Iā€™ve even been carded to buy super glue at Walmart! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Throw me in the water and watch me swim in the deep blue sea. Lol well i wish, if only i could make it to the beach. That would be great. As long as its not raining. Were in winter here. But i have an assignment that requires crearing art in nature like with nature and i wanted to do mine at the beach because of this challenge but i realisex i wont gave a chance to get to beach to create art using beach items and draeing on ocean and land elemebts. Lol they dobt need to know its pagan or witchy, its art in nature lol but i thought it was a good opotunity to incorporate my practive in assignmemt ( subtly ) n give a change to be creative n connect to the energy and spirits on the ocean and beach while still being practivally productive. Oh well ill still go do it even if challenge finishes before i can do it. But since i wonā€™t get to the beach to do my lil project i thought of what i could do. I do have beach sand and shells n elemebts from beach in my meditation space and i also have oracle decks on phone that relate to ocean. One that i thought id spend some days connecting with ( esp since im taking my divination and healing arts studies more intwntly at the moment)ā€¦ so i started to do this, today i did rhis with this deck
Its called sea whisperers oracle

Today i just did a one card draw for advice for tommorrow ( which is now today) but its a start. Im still studying a whole range of spreads that can use and then how and when to use and also symbolisms and even trying to get my head around the tarot. But since it is a focus at the moment, i figured i can focus my readings whether just a 1 xard reading or a bigger one on decks centred around the ocean theme to connect with ocean/sea and water energies and spirits. I have another deck which is also ocean themed
Ok i didnt want to have to wait so i just did a reading on that one too, just another 1 cards draw. This deck is whispers of tge ocean oracle. Must be alot of hushed voices under the sea, maybe sebastian is away and tgats why they all whispering and not making jamacan sounding music ( ok yes im a disney fan, sorry lil mermaid reference) but yeah i noticing a theme sea whisperers and whispers of the ocean. . But yeah, soā€¦ I may not be abls to get to beach before challenge has ended but i found a way to connect yo ocean n beach energy through my oracle decks plus the sand tray with shells and sea elemts in my meditation area, which is still cool i think.

10 Likes

Beautiful, I love your picture of the Ocean :ocean:
:heart:

9 Likes

Witchy Challenge - Of Seas, Sands and Tides (working with Neptune!)

I was so excited to see this challenge. I was hoping to get to the beach and make it a real sea witch adventure. But the hotel prices are so high! Thatā€™s okay, Iā€™m going on a day trip to the beach with my community center in August - have already bought my ticket and my son is coming with me! :slight_smile:

I am a Pisces and Neptune is strong in my chart, 9th house of spriituality. meaning, faith, imagination and creativity are big pieces of my spiritual practices. Today, Neptune is in my first house of identity so if was possible for me to be even more Neptune-y, I am today :slight_smile:

I was inspired to create an altar to Neptune. The first thing I made was a candle. I happened to have a light blue candle. I printed a picture of this statue of Neptune which is erected in Virginia Beach, the closest beach to me. Itā€™s pretty awesome! To make it more beachy, I glued on some sand and sea salt to the base. Easy!

Then I made an aquamarine bracelet (aquarmarines are the mermaid stone!) and I found the little silver and larimar dolphin pendant I bought for myself on my birthday (I got it on the online Goodwill Auction ā€“ you can get some nice pieces for not a lot of money that way) and put them on the altar to consecrate. Larimar is called the dolphin stone and dolphin trinkets are perfect for a Neptune altar! (A dolphin convinced Amphitrite to marry Neptune/Poseidon and the god made him a constellation in gratitude).

I put some sand, shells, more aquamarines and quartz crystals on the altar, along with some sea salt and some water with sea salt in it. I added another blue candle.

I lit some jasmine incense (associated with Neptune, correspondence-wise) and smudged me and everything on the altar with that.

Then I did the Poseidon Devotional on Spells 8.

I may do some work with Pluto later when it is dark, outside (always outside for Pluto) because it is Saturday after all and the moon is in Scorpio, after all. But I am feeling so dreamy and meditative today. It was really a day for Neptune. I hope my homeboy Jupiter does not get jealous about all the attention on his brothers LOL.

Speaking of the sea, my monthly self-care challenge is almost all ocean-themed this month. My witchy practice and self-care practice are very intertwined. There are some fun links in case you need some self-care.

12 Likes

@jem1 Oooh. I just love your painting :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

@Martje oh your poem was so lovely. I read it out loud. I could just imagine floating in the sea and just being :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thank you Mary :heart:

11 Likes

I love this challenge! Iā€™m a beach bum at heart! I did an absolutely amazing guided ocean meditation is a bath of sea salt with a splash of curve perfume (it smells like the ocean to me). It was one of the most amazing meditations I have ever done. I had some things I needed to let go of and I have been so at peace ever since!

I also redid my altar using one of my very favorite mermaid platters, shells from our many beach trips, a vial of sand I randomly found in a drawer and a sparkly white piece of fabric that represents the salt and sun sparkling on the water.

14 Likes

Ok, I couldnā€™t go the ocean, so I brought the sea to me. I turned my coffee table into a sea altar. It was pretty easy since my bathroom is a nautical theme. I think there is a little sea witch in us all!

20 Likes

I love the painting @Jem1! Great job for your entry this week!

@Eliza_01 all this Scorpio water energy is hitting me today from all over the place in the feels. It sounds like you had a great day & I love the sea salt & sand that you put on the bottom, it really adds to the altar feeling :heart_eyes:

@Ostara I love that collection of shells! I do the same things whenever I get to the beach or Iā€™m in the water, I look for shells from different sea life that has otherwise moved out of their home. I believe that about the people around where I am, I have a friend that uses Green Witch, but she is born & raised & still on Cape Cod & the brief time she was elsewhere, was FLā€¦ another state surrounded by waterā€¦ she has sea witch in her. :wink:

@AileyGrey sounds like you found the right scents for meditation when you want to have some peace from letting go! Thatā€™s awesome! Itā€™s always a great time when something just clicks into place unexpectedly!

12 Likes

@Ostara gorgeous!

8 Likes

Okā€¦ Iā€™m clueless. Solar return and lunar return?

Edit: Ok I looked it up What is a Lunar Return and What does it Mean? and then looked mine upā€¦ itā€™s tomorrow! Crazy the timing :waxing_gibbous_moon:

9 Likes

That is absolutely stunning! I love each and every piece and how youā€™ve arranged it! So very beautiful. Great work!

9 Likes

Iā€™m a tad clueless myself. I havenā€™t looked too deep into the Solar, But Iā€™d imagine the Lunar is the same idea.

Iā€™m going to check out the link though, I may be circling back to astrology! :hugs:

8 Likes

@BryWisteria
This challenge has proven to be such fun!
Iā€™ve read each entry and they are all enriching and filled with the most wonderful ideas and innovations. Bry, I think this is my favorite challenge to date. Thanks for the idea, I think it helped us all draw closer together.
The energy I absorbed through this subject has been revitalizing!
Sending powerful energy to all
Blessed be
Garnet the Polliwog

13 Likes

13 Likes

@Garnetā€¦ I mean I may be biasedā€¦ but anything to do with the beach and/or water is fun :rofl:

@crystal35 thatā€™s a gorgeous setup for your entry. I love it! Did you do a spell or ritual? Or just honoring the ocean/sea itself? Itā€™s beautifully set up! :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus, @AileyGrey, and @Artemisia.

There is al funny story about the square candles with the seashells. Those candles have been in my bathroom for years and they were just to pretty to light. I had even put fake tea lights in them so I wouldnā€™t mess them up. So, yesterday I decided it was time to light them. It was kind of dark in the living room, and I noticed that the wick of the candles looked kind of weird. I went to light the blue candle and immediately knew something was wrong. I ran to the kitchen because black smoke was going everywhere. The candle was fake! I turned it over and saw the battery compartment. How could I have had these candles all this time and not know they were fake? So, hubby walked in and asked what the awful smell was and I told him I lit a fake candle. If you look at the square blue candle you can see the black soot marks. Lol!

@crystal35 is that the ocean charm spell? It looks beautiful!

10 Likes