šŸŒŠ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of the Element Water

@Rowan and @berta, thank you for the lovely photos. :camera: Tamera, I always enjoy seeing photos from near your idyllic home. Berta, Alaska is on my bucket list. Looks awe-inspiring.

@Haley, a warm bath in salt sounds like the perfect way to refresh and reset. While not the same, I enjoy the sensory depravation tanks in my town. They are filled with body temperature salt water and I can float in them for an hour or more as time just passes by.

Thank you for sharing the infographic, @Missa. The artist that made it is certainly talented.

@SilverBear, your videos never cease to impress and inform me. Thank you.

@BryWisteria, my friends from Japan :japan: have sent beautiful photos from the cherry blossom festivals they attend. Still jealous you lived in such a wonderful land with rich history and culture. :cherry_blossom:

Your meditation sounds perfect for the occasion. I might need to try that myself.

@Jeannie1, scrying with wax and water? :candle: So interesting. Thank you for sharing. Self love is incredibly important and it will indeed help you reach your full potential.

As a cancer :cancer:, I am drawn to my water sign. It certainly gets the most love when Circle Casting. Because the worship of my Goddess replaced my Christianity, I visualize a river flowing from her. This river can be refreshing and nourishing bringing abundance to my life and the lives of my loved ones, or it can be a roaring rapids that sweeps away the negative and dead in my life.

Before Allah, before Yahweh, before Baā€™al, Ancient Near Eastern peoples worshiped El. El was the creator of creatures and the head of a pantheon of Gods. El lived on a holy mountain :mountain: from which two rivers flowed. These rivers were the source of all fresh water in the world. Religions based on, or borrowing from, ANE beliefs would eventually run with the idea of a river(s) running from a mountain of God.

(Later, the sea and the river were thought of signs of Chaos, also known as Yam - a dragon/god for Baā€™al to defeat on his path to becoming king. This is all part of the Baā€™al Cycle. As an aside, the Baā€™al Cycle is seen as either a seasonal cycle predating cycle of The Lord or as the infertility and fertility of the land. If you are at all interested in any of the ANE beliefs, I strongly reccomend the YouTube channel Digital Hammurabi and any of the books from Mark S. Smith as a start.)

Knowing even a shred of this information led me to the beliefs I hold today. I see my Goddess on her holy mountain providing the kind of river I need in each moment of life. (Imagine the Himalayas at night, a full moon shining brightly above them as she starts to ascend into the sky. A river flows down the mountains you are looking at and you realize this water can either sweep you away or it can provide everything you need to survive. Which will it be? Only she can tell.)

I donā€™t know if this qualifies for the weekly witchy challenge, but this is what I think of when I think of my water sign.

7 Likes

This week, I had a relaxing, bath with my tumbled rose quartz :heartpulse: for self love, amethyst and lavender :purple_heart: for anxiety and rose petals :wilted_flower:, which also represent love. I light a pink and purple candle. I had to add some seashells :shell: Then, I lowered myself in and all my stress melted away. I meditated and I easily fell asleep last night!! I havenā€™t slept well lately, so that was helpful.

Thank you @BryWisteria :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I needed this weekā€™s activity!! Wonder what the next one will be???

8 Likes

Your pictures are beautiful :heart_eyes::heart: youā€™re so lovely and look like you had a wonderful time!!

6 Likes

awww thank you for the kind words!

7 Likes

I decided to make the most of the Moon being in Pisces :pisces: on Sunday for the Water Challenge and indulged in a meditative bath :droplet: I added Himalayan Pink Salt and surrounded the tub with blue and purple candles. I added some Jade, Amethyst and Clear Quartz crystals and relaxed to the Spells8 Moon in Pisces mediation :sparkles: - I would definitely recommend it to everyone! It was lovely :heart:

7 Likes

@Abs53 that sounds lovely. I should try doing the guided meditations when I am in the shower doing my rituals. That sounds amazing!

5 Likes

This is very Beautiful and calming. :cupid: Love the sea :shell: shell.

4 Likes

They really are very lovely and they are a great length in my opinion! The perfect amount of time for some mindfulness but not too long that my mind gets restless! :smile:

5 Likes

Thought Iā€™d make a (personal) map of correspondences for waterā€¦ I could keep going but eventually Iā€™m going to run out of dimensionsā€¦ water is patient and persistent, just give it enough time and itā€™ll escape any container you might throw at it! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Hello!
I havenā€™t tuned in this forum in a little while, I figured Iā€™d take a look at this weekā€™s challenge! Just in time, because it will soon run outā€¦!
I must admit water is an element Iā€™m not too familiar with in my practice. I researched what stones I have in my collection that are water element. Turns out, quite a few! I then decided to do the Water meditation from above, surrounded by my crystals and all the seashells I own, along with some sea glass from Nova Scotia, and of course moon water!

I was born in Gaspesie, in Quebec, and the ocean was in my backyard~
Sometimes I miss going there, and having the sounds of the waves all day. My most cherished memories were actually the evening thunderstorms. The sounds of the crashing waves, and the lightnings flashing over this vast mass of water was spectacular! Such a shame that my aunt sold that house. Maybe one day I will buy it ? :smiley:

This weekend we had our first real snowstorm. The trees were dressed in a beautiful and heavy white snow. I went for a very long walk in a park near where I live, the scenery was quite lovely!
I had to shovel my car for quite some time, does this count as working with water? :slight_smile:
All jokes aside, thank you for this weekly challenge, that pushed me to research an element I too often ignore but should definitely reconnect with!

8 Likes

That all sounds lovely! I love living so close to the ocean. I just have to walk across the boulevard here and there I am. We walk to the beach from my house, less than a 1/8th mile to the beach each day in the summer. I really like to watch the storms down at the bigger beaches with the jettys.

Great job working with water in so many ways too!

8 Likes

Being a Leo and not a water sign, i still love the water. I can spend hours in the ocean, pool or lake. Even just looking at water makes me Zen out. I even love it when it rains. ( I hear people say sometimes." I hate the rain" Why lol)

In this apartment i donā€™t have a tub, only a stand-up shower. (One thing i miss from my old apt) However, i do love long showers and usually have cleansing/ Spiritual showers. For the challenge I brewed a pot of water with herbs, oils, and Florida water . Added the florida water and oils after the herbs simmered- let it cool downā€¦Than carried the bath to my shower. After i cleansed myself i poured the warm bath over myself. While chanting the water invocation as a blue votive and incense were lit on the sink. Also had some Celtic, relaxing music goin onā€¦ Afterwards, i felt very relaxed and sat by my altar and see what my tarot cards had to reveal . They were actually pretty accurate in their meanings, to whatā€™s going on im my life right now.

Thank you for the challenge.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

@CelestiaMoon Wow!! That mind map is perfect! You captured so much information in such a simple, organized way. Iā€™d love to see more of those!! :smiley:

I posted my challenge entry in a separate topic: How to Program your Water: Making Blessed Water šŸ’§

Wouldnā€™t that be awesome? I love the sound of thunderstorms and is probably one of the things I miss the most about my hometown :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

@walter Sounds like you took time for yourself and received spiritual blessings and guidance from water. I really like this challenge!

8 Likes

Thought this post seemed applicable to the challenge also :green_heart: :blue_heart: :white_heart:

6 Likes

@Francisco Thank you! :blush: Connections and correspondences are what brought me to magick in the first place, and I finally found a program that allows me to make mind maps / graphs the way it feels intuitive to me, so Iā€™m definitely going to make more! :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

That sounds amazing- and very relaxing, @Jill! :bathtub::relieved: Thanks for sharing your lovely water magick, it sounds like you had a nice time and were able to connect with your horoscopeā€™s element :cancer::blue_heart:

I am sure your friends in Japan would love the chance to show you the cherry blossoms in person someday! :two_hearts: Hopefully when travel is more possible in the future, you will have the opportunity to visit them. Be sure to bring a good camera and take pictures of your own to share with us! :camera_flash::grin:

Your visualisation and exploration of your Goddess and her connection to the mountainā€™s rivers and watery nature absolutely counts! Thank you for sharing your lovely writing and deep thoughts :pray::national_park:

It sounds like a heavenly bath meditation, @Christina4! Well done- Iā€™m glad it helped bring you restful sleep :sleeping::two_hearts: Hahaha the next challenge will be out very soon! I hope you enjoy the next theme too :blush:

It sounds lovely indeed- Iā€™ve been using Himalayan Pink Salt a lot too and I love it as well! It makes for a great meditative bath :bathtub::sparkles: Iā€™m glad you had such a wonderful bath and enjoyed the meditation- well done! :grin:

And thanks for bringing back your Pluviophile post- it does fit in perfectly! :cloud_with_rain:

Thank you, @Brad1! The sea shells were a gift from my family who still live by the ocean- so now when I look at the shell, I think of them and the sea :ocean::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is amazing, @CelestiaMoon! :heart_eyes: When it comes to correspondences, there are so many possibilities out there- but the ones you feel in your heart are the most important :blush: This is a gorgeous map with so many wonderful watery traits. Thanks so much for sharing! :blue_heart:

Welcome back, @laurie! :hugs: It makes me so happy you jumped in on the challenge- thanks for sharing your wonderful entry! It sounds like water has managed to seep into your life and practice more than you were aware of before. Good for you for taking the time to make a deeper connection with this powerful element! :ocean:

It sounds like you have strong ties to the ocean- I hope you find yourself back at that house (or perhaps one very similar!) again someday :house::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: Enjoy the beautiful snow- it sounds like you have lovely scenery there :snowman_with_snow:

This is a great point- connecting with the elements goes much deeper than just your horoscope! :blush: The elements are forces of nature and life itself, present and powerful for all of us- no need to be locked in to just one element! :fire::ocean::wind_face::mountain:

It sounds like you had a lovely and very relaxing shower/bath ritual, Walter- nicely done! I love the combination of ingredients you put together, itā€™s clear you put a lot of thought and care into the ritual :sparkles: Thanks for sharing your experience- it is a pleasure to read about!

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job, everyone- itā€™s been a delight to read about your experiences with water magick! :ocean::blue_heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for one week, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

How wonderful that you have those fabulous memories to draw on.

LOL ā€” I would say yes! @laurie Snow is miraculous - I find shoveling snow meditative. (My Dad wonā€™t let me do it muchā€¦ he worries I will get hurtā€¦ )
There is a smell I associate with snow that is not like anything else.
Snow arrives in crystalline form after been suspended in the air.
Waterā€™s solid state is beautiful crystals.
Anyone who has shoveled early snow is aware of the weight of snow!
You can mold snow.
Our weight can be supported by snow.
Snow melts away.
Water is a truly unique chemical compound. Instead of moving closer together as the molecules gets colder - water molecules move farther apartā€¦ waterā€™s liquid phase is denser than its solid phaseā€¦ ice floats.
To me that is amazing.

6 Likes

That really is amazing and beautiful :snowflake:

It also reminds meā€¦ we actually do breathe water all the time! Tiny water droplets that we call moisture or humidity, which we wouldnā€™t want to live withoutā€¦ it conditions our skin from the outside and our airways from the inside! It gets absorbed and bonded and becomes part of us carrying with it substances we needā€¦ eventually being released again, carrying out with it things that we wonā€™t miss but some other creature is going to depend on for living.

We donā€™t see it with our eyes but weā€™re constantly flowing, being transformed and sustained, and living in symbiosis with literally everything else, gently carried from one moment to the next by the elements. :droplet::fire::sparkles::fog::evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

This challenge has closed. You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.