šŸ” Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Peering into Past Lives

@Kasandra Hello Merry meet :slightly_smiling_face: Respectfully, I believe that there is no such thing as punishment for misdeeds in a past life and I strongly believe that there is definitely never a place for punishment. Punishment is a man-made practice with no basis with Spiritual reality. I hope you wonā€™t worry too much about it. -much love
-Blessed be

10 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: October 12th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :mag: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you for the video on past life regression, and for sharing your past life regression experiences in the other thread, @Christina4- they were really interesting to read! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

An interesting past life from the calculator, @Amethyst! If you do give the meditation a try, Iā€™d recommend focusing on that feeling about the fire (or maybe not, as it sounds like it could be a scary experience). Hope you had fun exploring- thanks for sharing! :blush:

Seems like we were of the same mind, @BrightBear! Glad you like the theme :heart:

If you keep going back to those two identities, @NoName, perhaps there is something deeper there, waiting to be explored! :compass: It sounds like your meditation touched on something- great job! Good for you for giving it a try, and Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it!

Beautiful exploration @debra2- it sounds like you were able to go quite deep and saw some powerful moments of your past life. Great job! :raised_hands:

Hooray @Luna95! Glad you like the theme :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™m glad you shared that resource, @Mary25, Iā€™ve heard quite a few mind-blowing stories about childrenā€™s memories and how they might relate to past lives, but I didnā€™t have a resource. Thatā€™s really cool- thanks for sharing! :heart:

Great work with the oracle, @Jeannie1- what a discovery that you were a witch in your past life! It sounds like that finding really rings true for you, congrats on your discovery! :two_hearts:

Thatā€™s cool to read about, @Susurrus- it looks like you found quite a few possible paths to explore! And thanks again for your past life post in the other thread as well! :blush:

It sounds like everything was in line and itā€™s a great time for your journey into your past lives, @Rowan- congrats to you for getting started! Thanks for joining in :sparkling_heart:

The past has been calling to you, @steph- it sounds to me like you have a deep connection with the history of the world. Thanks for sharing! :earth_americas:

Thatā€™s a lovely tarot spread, @Princess_Tara- it answers a lot of questions too! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and the lovely resource :pray:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about reincarnation and the afterlife, @Mark01- I can tell youā€™ve put a lot of valuable thought into building your beliefs. I really appreciate you sharing them with the coven! :blush: And while I personally agree there can be benefits and discoveries found in working through past lives, I also agree with you that it is important to focus on the present too :+1:

It can indeed be confusing looking at all of the information and different beliefs out there, @moonshadow- I agree! I think you took an important step by taking time to evaluate things for yourself and see what clicks with you. Thank you for sharing both your personal thoughts and the resources- they are very helpful! :heart:

Lovely ritual and meditation @robin77- it sounds like it was very successful spellwork! Itā€™s a great idea to write these types of experiences down, now you can look back and reflect on them at any time. Perhaps as the years go by, youā€™ll see messages and things you didnā€™t pick up on before. All in all, great job and thanks for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thatā€™s really interesting how your childhood memories tie into what the generator listed, @Kasandra. Whether all the details are true or not, Iā€™ve found generators like that to be similar to a roll of the dice or random draw of the tarot card- a direction to go in, rather than all the answers spelled out. It sounds like you were able to uncover a bit about a possible past life! Thanks for sharing :blush:

Beautifully and respectfully said, @Garnet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :raised_hands:

I have to admit that I love where youā€™re going with the ideas about consciousness, @Temujin_Calidius- it sounds like your ideas about past life are somewhat similar to my own! I wonā€™t get started about artificial intelligence (thatā€™s a whole different, fascinating conversation to have), but I really think youā€™re on to something interesting. Thanks so much for sharing! :star_struck:

Interesting finds, @MeganB- thanks for sharing them! And those are some curious tips as well. Everything from spiritual advice to eating your veggies! :laughing: :+1: The generators can be a great springboard and offer directions to pursue, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if all of the info didnā€™t click. But I hope you enjoyed the exploration! Thanks for sharing :heart:

Thanks again for sharing your past life experiences in the other thread, @Abs53! :sparkles:

Ohhh I love how deep your thoughts go, @praecog29- you brought up some really great thought-provoking points here! :star_struck: It makes me question my own beliefs and the possible limitation of the universe- do other worlds follow the same rules as this one? What if we can have past lives in completely different universes? So much to think about- thanks for opening the door! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and wisdom :two_hearts:

Welcome back, @Durga! Thanks so much for sharing your past lives- it sounds like you have explored very thoroughly and were able to gain a lot of insight from your discoveries. You have some great guidance here for others hoping to explore their own past lives. Great job! :tada:

14 Likes

My pleasure @BryWisteria

5 Likes

Iā€™m impressed with what I found. I used many tools that was suggested and found so many things, but most importantly, I learned about myself so much.

Thank you for this beautiful challenge. This is something that I need to keep working on for sure!

7 Likes

Since my knee was feeling better, I ventured out into my she-shed (read barn).
The first thing I saw was my bookcase with books, and tarot decks. Browsing through the decks, I found one called ā€œReincarnation cards, Awakening Far Memory The copyright was 2007 by John Knowles M.A. & Linda Leblanc .
I carried it into the house and started reading the hard cover book that accompanied it. As I read, I got a tension headache, it had a lot of physics (sorry guys) about time and reincarnation, blah, blah, blah
As I did my first reading the suggestion was that I was a person of power and I was responsible for the care of people. ( Government ). A Physician? It also implied and alien encounterā€¦seriously, one canā€™t make this stuff up! ( Alien )Maybe they taught new medical procedures.
I live by or near a river in a village, city that relied on the water for its
livelihood and was at the mercy of the water for survival. (Could this have been the Nile? Creative/destructiveness , Maybe I healed the sick or broken people.
Termination was the last card and it implied a peaceful death or I attended the dying.
It was an interesting experience, but Iā€™ll wait a while before I do another reading. Maybe I read into it what I wanted to hear, I donā€™t know.
I would recommend this deck, it was beautifully made, with large cards. The hard back Companion book was well written but at times more complicated than I thought needed. It had 61 card and came with 5 categories. I didnā€™t know what category to put this in so I put it in past life regression.

8 Likes

Once again Iā€™ve left it extremely late this week for the challenge so my entry is going to be brief.

I do believe in past lives and reincarnation. I may have mentioned previously that I dream extremely vividly: Iā€™m talking taste, smell, surround sound and technicolour. Occasionally I have dreams where things feel extremely familiar, though not as something that Iā€™ve experienced in the here and now. I also have very spooky occurrences of dĆ©jĆ  vu, where I know Iā€™ve seen a sequence of events has happen before and whatā€™s going to happen next. Iā€™m very keen to try astral projection and explore these types of things further, but thereā€™s not going to be time for that tonight and Iā€™m not quite in the right headspace.

Instead I decided to look into my South Node to reveal my past lives and natural abilities.

I used the calculator at Find the Sign of Your North Node in Astrology: Tables | Cafe Astrology .com to find my North Node, which is Cancer, meaning my South Node is Capricorn.

I found this very brief guide online to interpreting your North/South Nodes: How To Interpret North Nodes & South Nodes In Astrology | mindbodygreen

Cancer north node people have spent lifetimes as ā€œcaptains of industryā€ and patriarchs, conquering the world and accumulating wealth. Now, they are learning that thereā€™s more to life than just work and money.

This makes a lot of sense to me at the moment. Iā€™m somewhat of a control enthusiast (credit to Sarah Millican for the term) and feel I probably have spent past lives attempting to conquer the world. At the moment Iā€™m in a high pressure job with no desire for it to stay that way for the rest of my working life. Iā€™m taking active steps towards working for myself in a more flexible way, so that I can enjoy life and do enough work to live rather than live to work. Thereā€™s a whole world out there to explore and things I want to do other than 9 to 5 sat at a desk.

So I like to think that if I was a Captain of Industry in a past life that Iā€™m learning from that to take things easier before itā€™s too late.

And just for fun I took the quiz here: The Reincarnation Machine: Find out your past lives!

Before you were you, you were ā€¦

H. W. Janson
Horst Waldemar Janson (October 4, 1913 ā€“ September 30, 1982), who published as H. W. Janson, was a Russian-American scholar of art history best known for his History of Art, which was first published in 1962 and has sold more than two million copies in fifteen languages.

who was born on the death date of ā€¦

Edmund Lonsdale
Edmund Lonsdale (31 October 1843 ā€“ 4 October 1913) was an Australian politician.

who was born on the death ofā€¦

Placido Zurla
Cardinal Placido Zurla, O. S. B. Cam., (April 2, 1769 - 29 October 1843) was an Italian Camaldolese monk and prelate, who was Cardinal Vicar of Rome and writer on medieval geography.

8 Likes

Indeed @BryWisteria It was my pleasure :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Same. Things that make you go ā€œhmmm.ā€

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Whether you believe in reincarnation and past lives or not, thank you for jumping in to examine and explore the theme this week! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :ghost:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :mag: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Well done, @RyuWyn- Iā€™m glad to hear you were able to add something new to your practice! :blush: Youā€™re very welcome, thanks for exploring the theme!

Glad to hear your knee is feeling better, @Garnet! And it sounds like you found the perfect deck: ā€œReincarnation Cardsā€ is absolutely perfect for working with past lives! They revealed a lot for you- so many exciting revelations :star_struck: Thanks for sharing your finds, and the deck recommendation! :heart:

Astral travel can be difficult, but from what youā€™ve said about your vivid dreams, @IrisW, it sounds like it could be a very powerful thing for you to explore! :milky_way: Thanks for sharing your dive into the South Node and generator and what they revealed for you. It sounds like you have quite a few directions you could explore further (if you choose to)! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I know that doesnā€™t negate past lives but it does negate an eternal future of lives. We also can imagine thereā€™s a limit to an eternal past of lives. Neither of these possible truths mean anything to a person who believes they only have 20 or so past lives. In that case, the questions I have are ā€œwhy?ā€ and ā€œhow?ā€.

Why would we want to have past lives? Why would we have them in the first place? How does this work when there are nearly 8 billion people on earth? Has every one of them had a past life? That seems stretches my imagination to a breaking point. If there are past lives then are we our own ancestors? How would a site on the internet know anything about our past lives? For that matter, how would anyone know anything about our past lives? We canā€™t even trust our eyes, our ears, or even our memory in this current life so how can we trust that someone knows something that happened in a previous life?

@praecog29 these are all valid questions and something that people need to consider. I personally believe there has to be some limit in past and future lives and I do doubt the accuracy of online calculators, for sure :blush:

Thank you for your thought provoking questions :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.