⚗ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Potion Making!

Woop! Next one! :heart:
Not coffee, I promise :angel:t3:
:clinking_glasses:Major Success Potion! 🥂 - Potion Making Challenge

5 Likes

Good! I’m glad it’s already helping!

3 Likes

This is a great Witchy Challenge.

I have already made Earth, Water, Air, Fire sprays, Florida Water, I put a Florida Water blend in my diffuser, I say the Coffee Consecration, and I love my teas. I feel so out of touch with all of this. I need to start using those full moon and harmonizing oils I have too. I think I am going to put some Florida Water in my diffuser and think about another potion that I can make while I am up early this morning.

6 Likes

A potion for coughing and scratchy throat.
Equal parts (I do 1/4 cup)

unfiltered (local to your area) honey
Fresh lemon juice
And 100% vegetable glycerin
Stir well.
I take a couple spoonfuls and say
Magic mend and potion heal
So only health is what I feel.

I try to make enough for just a few days. It’s best used fresh.

6 Likes

I did a honey tea latte for a weight loss spell.

1 - chamomile tea bag
1 cup spring water (heated to a boil, not in microwave)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp honey
Cinnamon

Bring water to a boil then pour over tea bag, let steep for 10 minutes.
In small sauce pan, bring coconut milk to a boil over med-high heat, whisking in the process (should come to a froth).
Pour into cup with tea, then remove teabag. Add honey and stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

6 Likes

I loved your salt bowl blend for sinuses- thanks so much for sharing, Kasie! :two_hearts:

Gorgeous, thanks for sharing @SilverBear! :heart: Hope you had a wonderful full moon- I’m already counting down to the next one since it’s going to be a special Blue Moon! :large_blue_circle:

Hooray for kitchen witchery! :yum: I hope you had a fun time baking- what treats did you end up making? :two_hearts:

Nicely done, Katt! :clap: I hope your moon water making went successfully and you can use it in many spells and rituals to come :blush:

What a great idea, Christina! :star_struck: The end result is beautiful- I love that you added crystals :gem: I think your salve will be perfect to have as the season gets colder- it is the time of year for dry and cracked hands and this will be a lifesaver! Thank you for sharing and for your very helpful step-by-step instructions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hooray!! :raised_hands: This was another gorgeous potion- thanks (and cheers!) @LimeBerry :grin:

This sounds like a great plan- I hope you can stick with everything and find your sense of connection coming back soon! It’s okay to take a rest when you need it, and I know things have been so crazy for you lately, Krissie. I look forward to seeing your potion if you have the time to make one! Your crafts are always lovely :two_hearts:

So lovely, @jill! :heart_eyes: There is something so potent about using local honey :honey_pot: My mother said that after she started adding a spoonful of local honey to her tea she stopped getting allergies and avoided most of the passing sicknesses!

This blend sounds wonderful to heal a sore throat- thanks so much for sharing, Jill! :pray:

I love, love, love tea lattes! :coffee::two_hearts: This one sounds so warm and loving- and I think coconut milk is a healthy and delicious ingredient to use! :coconut: I imagine the chamomile was very soothing and relaxing too- this is a great potion, Brenda! Thanks for sharing :grin:

1 Like

Friendly reminder that this challenge will close in less than 24 hours!

Thank you to everyone who has shared so far- there have been so many amazing recipes! :heart_eyes: For anyone who has not yet shared their potion crafting creations, please do so by the deadline: (Tomorrow) October 6th, at 7:00AM CET. After this time I will be giving out props and presents! :gift_heart:

Blessed be and happy potion-making!

3 Likes

Ooh this sounds delicious!
And I love your mug too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I made some actual Florida water and I saved the rest in a jar for when I need it. I open it just to smell it now. I love putting it in my diffuser. Just lifts my mood completely. I did make a sweatshirt for a friend about Jack Skellington. If I can find the pictures I will post them.

5 Likes

This sounds really yummy! I’m gonna try it this morning!

4 Likes

I was going to try something new, but then I realized how close I was to running out of my daily rose water toner, so I got busy in the kitchen on Saturday afternoon!

Ingredients:
1 dozen (organic) roses
1 liter distilled water (I used distilled water that was ALSO moon water from Thursday)
1/4 cup vodka

Rinse roses with room temperature water, and then pluck off all petals. Afterwards, place all petals in a large strainer, and rinse well to get rid of any debris, possible bug friends, dirt or pieces of nature (lol)

Transfer petals to a large pot, pour in enough distilled water to cover them & add a lid. Bring the water to a simmer, stirring occasionally until you notice all the color is sapped out of the petals. (Usually between 30-40 minutes for the size of batch I make) At this time, while I’m stirring, watching & enjoying the smell of roses invading my space, is when I close my eyes, center myself and speak my intention aloud. This is what came to my mind Saturday:

“From the bush & tree
Let your magic break free
Fill this potion with healing
Self love, security, happy feelings
Cleanse my skin
Start from within
And wrap me up in lunar light
Heal my skin both day & night”

I had to record that on my phone bc it came out so perfectly! Anddddd…

After the color is gone (the petals will turn almost-white or yellow in color), remove from heat and use a coffee filter or cheesecloth to strain the petals out. I like to put my rosewater in a jar, then I add the vodka as a preservative ingredient.

I keep my rosewater toner in my refrigerator, most of it in a large jar, but also a small squeeze bottle full that I use daily until it needs filled again.

Directions: wash face with soap/cleanser, rinse well & pay dry (I like to use paper towel to avoid bacteria on my face) squeeze a little rose water toner on a cotton ball or pad, rub all over your face and let air dry.

Helps with redness, dry skin, acne & more.

8 Likes

:astonished: :heart_eyes:
This is so gorgeous @haley ! And with moonwater too?! :star_struck: :full_moon_with_face: :star_struck:
Thank you so much for sharing this! I can’t wait to make it myself! :heart:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria why can’t every week be Potion Week? :sob: :joy:
I love this so much :heart:
Everyone is sharing such beautiful ideas :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Mmmm these all look amazing!! Looking forward to trying a few this weekend :heart_eyes:

Mine is the following

:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

This looks great @jill! I like the chant that went with it too!

That looks tasty! I bet it smelled really good too!

You’re welcome, love! Glad you liked it!

That sounds like it smells wonderful while cooking down and would feel great on the face! Very cool.

2 Likes

@brenda10 I’m currently drinking this and it’s delicious :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you for bringing this tea combo into my life! :coffee: :heart:

3 Likes

@Limeberry you are most welcome! I’m actually making it again tonight

3 Likes

Well done, Krissie! :clap: Florida Water does smell so good- I hope your new blend brings you lots of happiness and lifted moods :two_hearts:

Winter is coming (:wolf::laughing: ) and I get such terrible dry skin this time of year! Your rose water toner sounds like it would help, not to mention that it’s beautiful and easy to make- I’ll have to give it a try! :rose: Thank you for the step-by-step instructions and for the lovely chant as well. This is a gorgeous recipe, thanks Haley! :heart:

Hahaha I’m feeling that as well! Gosh, so many amazing potions and recipes this week- my bookmark tab is filling up fast :joy: I’ve gotta get cooking! :woman_cook:

Your Liquid Luck was a delight to read, @Abs53! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks so much for sharing :blush:

3 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED! :exclamation:

Thank you so much to everyone who shared their crafty potions and wonderous recipes this week! It was a pleasure to read about everyone’s magical concoctions :test_tube::alembic::bowl_with_spoon:

I will now go through all of the entries above/linked to in order to prepare your prizes :grin:

A Props and Presents post will appear in the forums very soon- please keep an eye out on the main page :gift:

Thank you again and blessed be!

2 Likes

This challenge has closed. You can respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, but new replies here are no longer allowed.