šŸ›” Weekly Witchy Challenge - Powerful Protection

Thank you, my dear! Anyone can use it if they wish. I hope it makes someone feel safe as theyā€™re going to sleep. No monsters under the bed with this one!

9 Likes

I know that I have already submitted my entry for this challenge but I was doing a little research on chrysanthemum since I bought a plant yesterday and needed to add it to my green B.o.S and I came across this recipe for a protective incense

mix chrysanthemum with ginger and dragons blood resin and burn on a charcoal disc for protection.

I also found a recipe for a protection mojo bag

you need
Chrysanthemum blossom
Sage
Pink Himalayan salt
Red flannel bag

And hereā€™s another nifty idea (not so much a protection spell though)

Add chrysanthemum flowers to a bath to get rid of a bad mood.

With fall and samhain at our doorsteps I thought someone else may be growing some mumā€™s and could use this information too.
Blessed be :pray:

8 Likes

Ā”Hola a todos y todas!

Iā€™m still traveling and I donā€™t think I can perform any shield magic as Iā€™d like to :frowning: but a couple of weeks I did the magic armor spell and I called the quarters for the first time, I donā€™t know if it still counts. :slight_smile:

Thank you for reminding us the importance of protecting outselves, it is indeed a good idea, @sarah29

Sending blessing to you all :dancer:

10 Likes

Hi Zari, I could not find a video to show you exactly the method i mentioned but here is something similar for zipping up your chakras. You should be able to put the subtitles on for translation.

5 Likes

Here is another option that Iā€™m really interested in trying myself to zip up my aura

5 Likes

When I sat down this evening to write something for this challenge, I realised I incorporate quite a bit of protection magick within my practice. Not necessarily spells that regularly, but I have a fair few things around my home for protection.

Early in the week I posted about some protection magick Iā€™d undertaken as part of my Mabon ritual: Blessed Mabon from England :infinite_roots:

I get a monthly subscription box from The Wonky Broomstick in Glastonbury and this monthā€™s was Mabon themed, including a Hazel Protection Spell.

Iā€™ve strung together the hazels provided as part of spell and hung them by my front door for protection.

I also have some witches bells on my front doorā€¦

A protection ball hanging above my deskā€¦

And this Nazar by my back door (thank you @MeganB for teaching me the correct name for this)

Later tonight Iā€™m planning to do the protection spell I purchased from The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic during my visit whilst on holiday in Cornwall earlier this year. It comprises a black candle, a stone (doesnā€™t say what but itā€™s brown and smooth and could be a type of jasper), some ā€œspecialā€ herbs (again undefined but I can definitely smell lavender) and a pentacle talisman along with a scroll with the spell words.

The instructions say to light the candle, repeat the words five times and leave the candle to burn down, then place the jar, scroll, stone and talisman in a place of your choice. Iā€™m thinking I might attach the talisman to the jar and seal it with some of the wax from the candle. Iā€™ll post a photo later when Iā€™ve completed the spell.

11 Likes

So on closer inspection it turns out the candle is purple not blackā€¦

And Iā€™m pretty happy with how the spell jar turned out.

Iā€™m going to leave it on my altar for now and Iā€™ve asked my Deities to provide continued protection as I battle a few challenges over the coming weeks.

10 Likes

I seem to always wait until the very last minute to write out my challenge entries! :joy:

This week, I listened to a lesson (from The Empowered Modern Witches Summit by Wendy Matra) about Cleansing and Protection. I learned many useful concepts and tools from her lesson, but the idea I canā€™t seem to get out of my head was about the aura, specifically. Wendy said (and Iā€™m summarizing here) that the auric field stores trauma, emotions, programming & energetic balances. Our auric fields can become fragmented, ruptured, or even change in size. A fragmented auric field can make you susceptible to spiritual attacks, unwanted cords, energy vampires, and parasites.
A soul retrieval (a shamanic concept) is needed when one goes through so much trauma that the aura becomes fragmented and then goes and touches the soul. This is when a part of the soul leavesā€¦ either to enter a shadow world, a happy place, or somewhere it can be safe. Some people endure so much trauma that their soul leaves them completely, leaving only a ā€œshell.ā€ Isnā€™t that wild? Iā€™d never heard these ideas before.
Anyway. It is necessary to cleanse and protect so we never lose and have to go retrieve a vital part of ourselves.

But these are just ideas I learned that I wanted to share.

In my quest to get to know Hecate, I think I am facing much of my shadow self for the first time. Iā€™m realizing I have trauma to work through, and itā€™s beenā€¦. Well, a lot.
So today, though Iā€™d intended to make a protection spell jar for my car, I didnā€™t. :crazy_face:
In candlelight I followed Spells8ā€™s ā€˜Cleanse & Protectā€™: A Pre-Spell Ritual Bath while burning Dragonā€™s Blood incense and listening to Hecateā€™s Devotional Chant.
I allowed myself to air dry, lit a black candle and a white candle, and followed the Khernips Ritual that I read in ā€œEntering Hecateā€™s Gardenā€ by Cyndi Brannen. (Happy to share with anyone who wants it!) afterwards, I felt so much clearer, calmer, safer, and ready to work.

Thanks to @Missa, I was able to do this Guided Crystal meditation. It was powerful (and FANTASTIC practice for casting circles).

Then I cleansed and consecrated my Obsidian Crystal to place back over our front door, as well as several jewelry items I use as wards. Then I anointed each of them with Full Moon oil!

8 Likes

One of my favorite types of magic is done for protection. I decided to share some of the charms I regular use or wear.

Currently I wear 2 bracelets. One is the Eye of Nazar (Evil Eye) on a black strand bracelet :nazar_amulet: & the other is a charm bracelet with a Goddess charm, Brigidā€™s Cross, Artemisā€™ Bow, & Lughā€™s Shield. Each charm is added after a ritual asking for the Deityā€™s protection.

My keys have 2 crystals, a Rose Quartz & a Black Tourmaline keychains. Along with a piece of Selenite that has Chakra stones attached to it & a Quartz crystal hanging from it.

I wear a necklace that has Brigidā€™s cross & a Claddsugh symbol. I also have made a Brigidā€™s Cross that hangs on my bedroom wall.

I have 2 sets of Witches Bells. One set I made & the other I was gifted. I have them hanging in my bedroom as well.

8 Likes

Nice job @IrisW! Your spell jar looks beautiful!

@sarah29, @Susurrus! You guys are amazing! Everyone has done such a good job this week I think.

7 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thereā€™s a strong layer of protection over the coven- well done to all those who shared their protective magick! :shield:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :shield::sparkles:

7 Likes

Thanks again for your exploration of chrysanthemums in the other thread, @phoenix_dawn! It is a truly lovely flower :sunflower: And what a great way to use it- that looks like a beautiful spell bag! :sparkles:

It sounds like you cast Magick Armor to protect you while you are away from home, @RyuWyn- Iā€™d be happy to count that if youā€™d like! I hope your lovely spellwork is keeping you safe and well :blush:

Thank you for the videos about zipping up your chakras, @jennifer59! That sounds like a lovely way to do some protective chakra work :person_in_lotus_position: :heart:

It does sound like protective magick is a big part of your practice, @IrisW- thanks for sharing your talents for this aspect! :pray: The hazel magick is very interesting, and I love your display of them! Plus the bells and witchesā€™ ball and Nazar amulet- you live in a magickal stronghold! :european_castle: :grin: Wishing you all the best with your protection spell (and thanks for sharing the instructions too!) Blessed be, and good luck with your personal challenge! :heart:

Better late than never @sarah29- thanks for sharing! :blush: It is interesting to hear about the soul retrieval as Iā€™m not too familiar with Shamanism. It sounds like you are delving deep into Shadow Work to cleanse and find a new path to protection. I think Hecate is a lovely deity for you to work with- may She continue to watch over you! :pray: Great job!

Thanks for sharing about your protective charms, @Susurrus! You have quite the beautiful collection- may they continue to protect and guide you! :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Thank you very much for both your videos and for your effort and pursuit to help me, you are very kind and compassionate and it is a great gift to have friends like you by my sideŲŒ:gift::heart_eyes::two_women_holding_hands::couple::dancer:t2::dancer:t2::dancer:t2::dancer:t2:

9 Likes

@Amethyst ~ I love this! :heart:

7 Likes

Moonshadow

Blockquote

Moonshawdow,
I like how you used a protective light around you for every step you were prepared and shielded.
I :heart: that you can be a good friend and protect your self. You are very strong indeed.

Blockquote
I know our words are Power and you my friend literally lite the torches for her! Your a healer your so awsome!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Thanks! Glad you like it!

7 Likes

Amethyst,
I loved :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: your prayer :palms_up_together: for bedtime!
Your great at protecting yourself!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Thanks, @Jeannie1! I try! Glad you liked it!

7 Likes

You are most welcome!! :heartpulse:

8 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.