šŸ›” Weekly Witchy Challenge - Powerful Protection

I seem to always wait until the very last minute to write out my challenge entries! :joy:

This week, I listened to a lesson (from The Empowered Modern Witches Summit by Wendy Matra) about Cleansing and Protection. I learned many useful concepts and tools from her lesson, but the idea I canā€™t seem to get out of my head was about the aura, specifically. Wendy said (and Iā€™m summarizing here) that the auric field stores trauma, emotions, programming & energetic balances. Our auric fields can become fragmented, ruptured, or even change in size. A fragmented auric field can make you susceptible to spiritual attacks, unwanted cords, energy vampires, and parasites.
A soul retrieval (a shamanic concept) is needed when one goes through so much trauma that the aura becomes fragmented and then goes and touches the soul. This is when a part of the soul leavesā€¦ either to enter a shadow world, a happy place, or somewhere it can be safe. Some people endure so much trauma that their soul leaves them completely, leaving only a ā€œshell.ā€ Isnā€™t that wild? Iā€™d never heard these ideas before.
Anyway. It is necessary to cleanse and protect so we never lose and have to go retrieve a vital part of ourselves.

But these are just ideas I learned that I wanted to share.

In my quest to get to know Hecate, I think I am facing much of my shadow self for the first time. Iā€™m realizing I have trauma to work through, and itā€™s beenā€¦. Well, a lot.
So today, though Iā€™d intended to make a protection spell jar for my car, I didnā€™t. :crazy_face:
In candlelight I followed Spells8ā€™s ā€˜Cleanse & Protectā€™: A Pre-Spell Ritual Bath while burning Dragonā€™s Blood incense and listening to Hecateā€™s Devotional Chant.
I allowed myself to air dry, lit a black candle and a white candle, and followed the Khernips Ritual that I read in ā€œEntering Hecateā€™s Gardenā€ by Cyndi Brannen. (Happy to share with anyone who wants it!) afterwards, I felt so much clearer, calmer, safer, and ready to work.

Thanks to @Missa, I was able to do this Guided Crystal meditation. It was powerful (and FANTASTIC practice for casting circles).

Then I cleansed and consecrated my Obsidian Crystal to place back over our front door, as well as several jewelry items I use as wards. Then I anointed each of them with Full Moon oil!

8 Likes

One of my favorite types of magic is done for protection. I decided to share some of the charms I regular use or wear.

Currently I wear 2 bracelets. One is the Eye of Nazar (Evil Eye) on a black strand bracelet :nazar_amulet: & the other is a charm bracelet with a Goddess charm, Brigidā€™s Cross, Artemisā€™ Bow, & Lughā€™s Shield. Each charm is added after a ritual asking for the Deityā€™s protection.

My keys have 2 crystals, a Rose Quartz & a Black Tourmaline keychains. Along with a piece of Selenite that has Chakra stones attached to it & a Quartz crystal hanging from it.

I wear a necklace that has Brigidā€™s cross & a Claddsugh symbol. I also have made a Brigidā€™s Cross that hangs on my bedroom wall.

I have 2 sets of Witches Bells. One set I made & the other I was gifted. I have them hanging in my bedroom as well.

8 Likes

Nice job @IrisW! Your spell jar looks beautiful!

@sarah29, @Susurrus! You guys are amazing! Everyone has done such a good job this week I think.

7 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thereā€™s a strong layer of protection over the coven- well done to all those who shared their protective magick! :shield:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :shield::sparkles:

7 Likes

Thanks again for your exploration of chrysanthemums in the other thread, @phoenix_dawn! It is a truly lovely flower :sunflower: And what a great way to use it- that looks like a beautiful spell bag! :sparkles:

It sounds like you cast Magick Armor to protect you while you are away from home, @RyuWyn- Iā€™d be happy to count that if youā€™d like! I hope your lovely spellwork is keeping you safe and well :blush:

Thank you for the videos about zipping up your chakras, @jennifer59! That sounds like a lovely way to do some protective chakra work :person_in_lotus_position: :heart:

It does sound like protective magick is a big part of your practice, @IrisW- thanks for sharing your talents for this aspect! :pray: The hazel magick is very interesting, and I love your display of them! Plus the bells and witchesā€™ ball and Nazar amulet- you live in a magickal stronghold! :european_castle: :grin: Wishing you all the best with your protection spell (and thanks for sharing the instructions too!) Blessed be, and good luck with your personal challenge! :heart:

Better late than never @sarah29- thanks for sharing! :blush: It is interesting to hear about the soul retrieval as Iā€™m not too familiar with Shamanism. It sounds like you are delving deep into Shadow Work to cleanse and find a new path to protection. I think Hecate is a lovely deity for you to work with- may She continue to watch over you! :pray: Great job!

Thanks for sharing about your protective charms, @Susurrus! You have quite the beautiful collection- may they continue to protect and guide you! :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Thank you very much for both your videos and for your effort and pursuit to help me, you are very kind and compassionate and it is a great gift to have friends like you by my sideŲŒ:gift::heart_eyes::two_women_holding_hands::couple::dancer:t2::dancer:t2::dancer:t2::dancer:t2:

9 Likes

@Amethyst ~ I love this! :heart:

7 Likes

Moonshadow

Blockquote

Moonshawdow,
I like how you used a protective light around you for every step you were prepared and shielded.
I :heart: that you can be a good friend and protect your self. You are very strong indeed.

Blockquote
I know our words are Power and you my friend literally lite the torches for her! Your a healer your so awsome!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Thanks! Glad you like it!

7 Likes

Amethyst,
I loved :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: your prayer :palms_up_together: for bedtime!
Your great at protecting yourself!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Thanks, @Jeannie1! I try! Glad you liked it!

7 Likes

You are most welcome!! :heartpulse:

8 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.