Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Props and Presents (Tenebris Lucem) 🌑

A round of applause to the brave souls who faced the darkness in the 22nd Weekly Witchy Challenge! :new_moon:

To everyone who lit the light of their magick in the darkness of a moonless sky or the shadows within- well done! Here is a special shout-out for you :loudspeaker:

In addition to new experiences, everyone who participated has received the prize of a shiny new title:

:sparkles::new_moon: Tenebris Lucem :milky_way::black_circle:

:candle: “Tenebris Lucem” is a Latin phrase that can be translated as: darkness to light :candle:

tenebris lucem

You worked hard for your fancy new title- wear it with honor! :star2:

To set your new title:

1. Look at the top right-hand corner of the site and click on your avatar/picture
  2. When the drop-down menu opens, click on the gear symbol (:gear:)
  3. Then, click on the next gear symbol (:gear:) /“Preferences”"
  4. Scroll down the page until you see “Title”. In the small drop-down box, select the title of your choosing
  5. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page

There are many possible titles you can earn through interacting on the forums. Your chosen title will appear next to your username , and a full list of your earned titles is on your profile in the section “Badges” .

Enjoy- this is a trophy of your accomplishments! :trophy:

This challenge was approached in many ways that displayed the wonderful diversity of witches in the forums! From New/Dark Moon magick to shadow work and everything in between- it was inspirational to see your magick light up the darkness in such creative ways :candle:

Shadow work especially is a very difficult aspect of magick. Well done to all those who fought back their fears and sought inner peace- it is so hard, but so worth the efforts you did! Reading everyone’s experience made me so proud of each of you- you are all so strong! :clap:

For challenge-seekers or anyone who missed this week’s challenge- no fear! There will be another challenge coming very soon . Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums for an announcement :blush:

Blessed be! :candle:

9 Likes

Thanks so much for the new badge @BryWisteria! It’s always fun earing a new one!

9 Likes

It is, right?? :hugs: I like to see the titles and hoelw @BryWisteria comes up with them.

8 Likes

Optime hoc honore.
:eight_pointed_black_star:

7 Likes

Do you have an education in Latin because I noticed you use it more than most here? I was wondering because I always wanted to learn it myself. (For what you said, I used Google to translate.)

Thank you, @BryWisteria. It was a harder and more raw challenge but good for me to do.

6 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you for another beautiful badge!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

This has to be the coolest badge yet… Latin even. (Thank you @pedros10 for the best response ever!!!

Optime hoc honore.

7 Likes

Thank you so much, I have always liked getting the different badges! I really liked this challenge too.

4 Likes

Not really, only a few words, in Italian also. Concerning on italian, comic books helped me. :grin:

5 Likes

I never took Latin either, I did take Spanish for 6 years and my Grandmother lived with us during my high school years and she was Italian. She would say how close they were and then teach me different things in Italian. Her mother & father only spoke Italian for years and then sort of learned American, it was very hard for them. My Grandmother was the only child born in the states, so she was bilingual. I haven’t used any other language than English in a very long time, I have picked up some things from Spanish and Portuguese because we have a lot of Brazilians on Cape Cod and sometimes they wouldn’t know what we were saying, but we had one customer that whenever he came in he would give us a simple word or phrase to say and would talk to us with them when he came in to do his business.

6 Likes

@BryWisteria Thanks for the new badge!! It suits well the time of the year, and the year in general too.

Do you have any recommendations? I am learning Italian at the moment (almost 120 days straight on Duolingo :laughing:) so something easy to read would be great.

I took 3 years of Latin in school and didn’t really enjoy it but they have lessons on Duolingo too!

7 Likes

I just started seeing commercials for Duolingo a lot! I think my daughter uses it to learn Spanish. If she can do it, so can I!

6 Likes

What a great badge! So far my favorite. Thank you TravelWitch! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What I’m going to share is a picture from the net, but was the kind of comic books I used to read from a Italian neighbor friend I had. Easy to read and the pictures helped a lot.
250px-Topolino_No.1(1949)_cover

7 Likes

You are very welcome @Amethyst! :blush:

A secret to share, @Christina4: sometimes I have a title in mind before I even design the challenge! Aaaaand other times it’s the day the challenge closes and I’m scouring google searching for a good fit :joy: But I’m so glad everyone seemed to like this one! :raised_hands:

Nice, @pedros10 :sunglasses::+1: I think it’s so cool you’ve picked up some Latin and Italian! Comic books are a fantastic and fun way to learn a new language :scroll:

You’re very welcome, @praecog29- it was indeed a tough one, but you did so well! :clap: Hopefully this week’s more cheery and bright theme will help to balance last week’s darkness :laughing:

You’re very welcome, @Rowan! :heart_decoration:

Hahaha I’m so glad you like the new title, @Berta! Guess I’ll have to find more Latin-y titles in the future :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks, @Susurrus! I’m so glad you enjoyed the challenge :two_hearts:

You’re very welcome, @Francisco! And 120 days- wow, congrats! :star_struck: You’ve got a second vote for Duolingo from me too- they helped get me started with Polish. It’s a fun and free way to start a new language :owl:

So glad to hear that, @colin! Enjoy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

This post is for a closed challenge- but no fear! Visit Activities to join in on current challenges and other fun happenings.