šŸŒ€ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Reading Auras

Weā€™ve covered many different types of magick over the past year of challenges- but out of all of them, Aura Reading has likely been the hardest one for me yet :sweat_smile:

Like several others have mentioned- aura reading is not a big part of my practice. Iā€™ve squinted and meditated and tried both focusing hard and not thinking about it at all, but alas- to date, I have not been able to see any aura colors when I look at people :woman_shrugging: .

While part of me thinks that a shame (from reading othersā€™ experiences, it sounds like a really cool ability to have! :blush:), another part of me thinks that just how it is. Every magick user has different talents and varying abilities- and thatā€™s absolutely fine!

Although I wonā€™t continue trying to see aura colors, this challenge helped me to become more aware of how I sense auras- aka the energy, moods, and overall character of people around me. I believe this sense is how auras present themselves to me.

Intuition is a big part of magick- we use intuition when reading tarot or other forms of divination, we use it to time spells and to know what spells to cast, to sense the energy around us :sparkles:

Iā€™ve done plenty of work building and enhancing intuition when it comes to divination, but my practice tends to be very personal and I very rarely do intuition work when it comes to sensing other people. This challenge opened my eyes that perhaps I cannot see auras (or even sense them as strongly as others) simply because I havenā€™t devoted much time to developing that magickal sense.

Iā€™ve realized that I have a lot to gain by working on enhancing my intuition about reading others, and in turn, building my ability to sense (and perhaps even see someday!) auras- something to focus on going forward! :grin:

9 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 17th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :cyclone: :heart:

6 Likes

Same here! I could read others energy like a book. Itā€™s a feeling Iā€™ve always had. Then as I look into their eyes, thatā€™s a given! Growing up, I thought that everyone had this ā€˜feelingā€™.

7 Likes

Hehehe :sweat_smile: oh wow thatā€™s made my morning :joy:

You did a wonderful job!!! Iā€™d love to meet you Moonshine and Alphie!!! :heartbeat: And thanks for the Pinterest pic bc Iā€™m saving that!!! Swiper, no swiping!! :grin:

7 Likes

I could never do those either and I hated it because I was the only one in my family (siblings) who couldnā€™t do that stupid stuff!! Lol
But now Iā€™m the one that can and they canā€™t! Na na na boo boo!! :rofl:

:star:Yes! The different names of auras are correct!! I was going to add them and the corresponding colors to my entry but I ended up forgetting. Theyā€™re correct anyway!!!

8 Likes

Hehe, I do :heart:+ :white_heart:= pink lol but thanks for the entry, I love how you saw colors with emotion.

8 Likes

I think Iā€™ll catch this challenge during a catch up week. I didnā€™t have time to do anything yesterday, what with all that reading I was doing. LOL! I donā€™t want to just slap something together, especially since I need to research more for auras.

6 Likes

This is absolutely a thing in my house, especially with the kids. :joy:

7 Likes

Mine too :joy:

8 Likes

For this weekā€™s challenge, Iā€™ve been working on trying to actually see auras. As I mentioned previously, I can feel various energies and can intuitively read them, but I couldnā€™t actually see auras or anything. Throughout the week, Iā€™ve been able to see the auras around trees! :smiley: I havenā€™t yet been able to see them for other plants, but Iā€™ve been working on that too because Iā€™ve been swept up by my fascination with plants/herbalism recently.

I have briefly been able to see them around my own hand and arm, but I havenā€™t yet been able to see them around other people. I also still canā€™t see any colors in the auras, but I can see the faint ā€œlightā€ (for lack of better words) around trees and my own hand/arm! :smiley: Rome wasnā€™t conquered in a day, eh?

9 Likes

@Jewitch thatā€™s great! Iā€™m so happy for you! I have some time today, so I want to go into my backyard & try in my garden & with the trees that we have here. :deciduous_tree: I also saw them briefly when I did it with my dogs. They are so willing to help me with these things when itā€™s just us & they are literally laying around with me. :joy:

8 Likes

Aweee doggos are such great animals :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

It was in mine years ago. My little isnā€™t so little anymore :sob: most of the Spanish I can speak came from Dora the explorer. I can even say thank you and hello in Chinese from watching ni-hao kailan with her while I was getting ready for work :rofl:

6 Likes

My youngest didnā€™t really watch Dora or Diego, but my oldest was all about Nickelodeon. Blueā€™s Clues, Dora the Explorer, & he did like Bear in the Big Blue House too. My 2 younger children liked to watch Disney more than Nickelodeon. My middle was a good mix of both though. Lol

5 Likes

I was a nickelodeon kid. My sister was Disney. But when I watched nickelodeon it was stuff like eureka castle lol

4 Likes

Congratulations :clap:t2: Iā€™m happy for you! Keep practicing and you will rule over Rome one day! :grin:

4 Likes

Yes, same here!! I do know Spanish tho!!! Now I can hear that little voice of hers singing that song with her pets or friends koala and tiger lol

3 Likes

I remember Bearing the Big Blur House!!! I still have VHS of that show lol I love the end when Bear sang with Luna!

4 Likes

Yes!! I freaking loved Eurekas Castle!!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: And donā€™t forget Fragle Rock!! Lol

4 Likes

Iā€™ve not done much for this challenge, but I have had another go at reading my own aura.

Iā€™ve tried both a phone app, and method suggested here for reading the aura by softly staring at my hand. I gather that looking at your hand in your peripheral vision, with a soft focus similar to looking at a magic eye picture is what youā€™re aiming for.

I think Iā€™m seeing something blue, turquoise and possibly a hint of indigo but I need to work on jt.

For interest, hereā€™s a few shots taken using the app.

5 Likes