:sun: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Solstice Festivities of Light

Weekly witchy challenge entry

Sometimes life gets so busy and we need to keep it simple. I’ve learned to incorporate my witchy magickal practices in simple ways throughout my day. For this challenge I would have loved nothing more than to have a large feast and bonfire with love ones. But that was just not possible this time around. :slight_smile: :dancer: :fire: :shallow_pan_of_food:
For this challenge I did a Lithia season tarot spread, asking:

1. How will I grow this season?
  2. What do I need to release?
  3. What do I need to focus on?

Magician - With practice, I will improve my magickal skills.
3 of Pentacles - I don’t need to look to others for the answers. Let go of self doubt.
7 of cups - With a world full of decisions, follow your heart and intuition.

I have also been eyeing a honey cake recipe that I think I may try to kick off the season with some of natures sweetness. :heart: :honey_pot: :honeybee:

Happy Litha and blessings to you all!

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing @WitchAngel111! Those look really yummy! I may have to bookmark that one! :heartpulse:

7 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you for your kind words. This week I am going to get a feet massage ( reflexzone) :yum:and on Thursday I am going to visit another witch who runs a witch school even! We did the brigidtraining together and we should meet a long time ago but thanks to busy life’s Thursday will be our first meeting since the training. She lives in a very beautiful village. I am so looking forward to this. Specially now I am more into all this witchy stuff :crazy_face: So me time this week
The spell I found on the Sage app. Do you know this one? Before I found spells 8 I found them.
The have a short practice every day which I like, a tekst or small ritual, you can fill in something you are grateful for, and a short meditation around five minutes. It is broader orientated but they do have a lot of things linked to witchcraft. They also have a forum and several groups but I never felt the warmth and friendliness I felt here. You are really doing a great job! All of you but specially the ones who carry this group. I don’t want to overlook anyone so I don’t name names, but I guess you will know. So I take this opportunity to thank you again for building this place! :heart:

8 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope you have a blessed solstice as well!

6 Likes

I started the outline for the mountains this morning.

I read some what recently that in early Christianity it was taught that capital “G” god appeared to ‘people who didn’t know him as a young boy and the deeper your understanding the older he appears’. I’m wondering if my reading has changed my perception. But I’m happy to paint as much as he asks for diety or otherwise.

9 Likes

@Ostara your altar is beautiful!! :sunflower::heart::sunny:

6 Likes

I freshened up my altar for Litha. It’s been a while since I’ve swapped things around, so everything got a good smoke cleanse while I was at it.

I cheated a little and cooked our meal for Litha on Saturday. I knew there was no way I could pull it off on a weeknight, haha! I grilled salmon with a spicy glaze which came out way better than I thought it would. I also got a couple of fresh batches of fire cider started.

10 Likes

@Susurrus beautiful!!! :cherry_blossom: :heart:

7 Likes

Nice , bright and very colorful!

7 Likes

Here’s my entry for this challenege :sunny: we made some suncatchers today with the kids! My daughter and my 7 year old nephew picked some colors and we went for it. If you want to make something like this, here is how you do it.

First, get your materials. You will need a thick paper such as cardstock. You will also need parchment or wax paper, an iron, scissors, a cheese grater, and crayons.

With two pieces of thick paper, cut out a shape such as a rectangle. You should end up with two pieces that are exactly the same.

Then take a large piece of parchment or wax paper and your crayons. Hold the cheese grater over the prachment paper and grate your choice of colors and crayons. You should get finely shaved crayon pieces.

When you have enough, and it doesn’t take much, fold the paper in half and carefully iron over the paper. This will melt the crayons in the parchment paper and create a cool pattern.

Let it dry. Then cut it out and put it between your original two pieces of paper. Glue it all together and find a way to hang it up on a window that catches the sun!

The kids had a lot of fun making these. We hung them up just in time for it to pour rain :cloud_with_rain: :rofl:

Anyway, exploring the way light moves through colors on the window is a good way to enjoy the Solstice. It’s also a nice way to subtly charge sigils with the energy of the sun!

11 Likes

Beautiful and what a fun and creative idea!

7 Likes

I am a bit scattered this week as I have been dealing with an injection site reaction that’s thrown my mojo and sleep cycle all out of whack from the discomfort. I don’t trust that I will remember to post my entry in time tomorrow so I’ll make do with what I have for now!

Solstice Festivities of Light - Challenge Entry

While I do intend to greet the dawn tomorrow and the solstice, things that I have managed to work on this week include planting Marigolds in with my herb planters as well as seeding one with Calendula. I also snagged snapdragon, four-o-clocks, sweet peas, and perennial wildflower seed packets for the front (sun) and side (shade) gardens!
20220620_194931

I was reading through my copy of Llewellyn’s Midsummer Rituals, Recipes & Lore for Litha I decided to do the tarot spread in there today and then do a 3 Rune draw in the morning. Cards are 1-6 starting with the bottom middle one - Me, Situation, Obstacles, Guidance, Suggestions for Direction, and the Future. I’ve moved back to using a basic RWS deck lately to seal in the meanings a bit better as I’ve been working much harder to learn to read intuitively. Donut supervises as always :smiley_cat:

And finally (for today at least!) I did get a gift from the sun day before yesterday!!

:sun: :fire: :last_quarter_moon:

9 Likes

Hello loves :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
For my Weekly Challenge: Solstice Festivities of Light :sun_with_face:
I started collecting dried flowers from the elders at the nursing home this week. Instead of throwing out old flowers full of love and feeling, I prepared them for my solstice altar. I took time placing each kind of flower and made a sun necklace for my trusty companion. :owl: I wanted to make a small flower crown! I’ll keep that little project in mind for now.

I made a yellow Litha soy candle with lavender and chamomile scents, dried flowers, juniper berries, yarrow, sage, and dried lavender. As always DON’T LEAVE UNATTENDED! ( those dried flowers are a tinder box so please burn safely)

I tended too my gardens all week and brightened things up with fire red mulch :fire:( waiting for my little white picket fences to be delivered)

Brightened up some crusty old wicker baskets at work with red apple spray paint and new flowers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The elders loved it :tulip::wilted_flower::sun_with_face:

And finished the day out with enjoying a brief moment of sunshine :sun_with_face:

I am wishing everyone a beautiful week!
Blessed be :heart::heart::heart:

13 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry - Solstice Festivities of Light

My challenge changed somewhat from what I had originally planned. Instead of using a birch stick from down the street I went with drift sticks from the creek. We went to Hobble creek yesterday and while making a rock circle at the waters edge I thought about my sun catcher I was putting together. All I needed was that birch stick so I looked for some at the creek but I didn’t see any. I did find a lot of dried drift wood and sticks and a pentagram shaped popped into my head with my beads and this is what I made today…

I plan on hanging it outside at sunrise :sun:

I used green, orange, yellow, and red beads and 3 little bells.
And heres the creek…

The trout were so pretty swimming in the water. They didn’t want to take a pic!

It’s a very pretty place

Happy Solstice Everyone :sun:

:butterfly:

11 Likes

I just cannot express my connection to the sun its insane! Even just today i took another moment to soak up some of that good sun energy to balance my own energy out since i have been a little down and dark of late… I can tell you my little ritual is doing wonders and cheers me up instantly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Hi! this is my entry for the Weekly Witchy Challenge : Solstice Festivities of Light :sun_with_face:

I have to say that I really liked this challenge! My main focus was to learn more about Litha and the summer solstice traditions around the world, and found some interesting stuff about my area I was unware of, and maybe I would include them in my practice next time.

This is my altar for Litha, I adore crystals and candles and was lucky enough to find sunflowers at my local florist :partying_face: I hope you like it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sunflower: :rose:
20220621_090621

My plan for this evening was to go for picnic with some friends, but since the weather is playing tricks we decided to stay indoors and make candied ginger and drink ginger tea :tea: :teapot:

9 Likes

I hope everything turns out amazing for the Sabbat and that you shall enjoy every minute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

The sun sets on the challenge, but rises as the sun of summer (or winter for friends in the Southern Hemisphere!) - Happy Solstice and Blessed Sabbat, everyone! :sun_with_face: :tada: Thank you so much to everyone who shared their solstice-y magick in time for this special day!

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sun::sparkles:

6 Likes

@WitchAngel111 Sometimes keeping it sweet and simple really is best- and what a lovely Litha tarot spread you did! Those are three cards each with their own positivity and encouragement for you, and with some tasty honey cakes, that’s a wonderful start to the new season! :honey_pot: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Martje Feet massages and fun witchy visits- what a week you have ahead, Martje, I hope you have a wonderful time! :blush: And no, I haven’t heard of Sage but I love the name and it sounds very interesting, I’ll have to check them out- thanks for the recommendation! :herb:

That is really nice of you, Martje- the community was built on love and respect but what keeps it going is all of the wonderful folks like you who water it with love and brightness :sun: It’s thanks to you that Spells8 continues to grow, and Infinite Roots continues to spread across the seas! :infinite_roots: :heart::grinning:

@Amethyst Thank you, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Torista Oh, Torista- I know it’s a work in progress, but it is already looking amazing- look at those rays of sun! I love how you added the streaks of white to give it a magickal glow. It is really stunning to see :sun_with_face:

And that is interesting to hear about the deity- I suppose the only way to know for sure who the boy in your dreams is is to ask him! Perhaps you can inquire when he visits you next. After all, I think you have the right to ask after finishing his commission :art::sparkles:

@Murphy Absolutely gorgeous, Murphy! That Triple Goddess altar cloth is fantastic, and the colors are perfect for Litha :sunflower::two_hearts: And salmon!?! Any leftovers? I’m on my way~ :laughing: I love grilled salmon- it’s a really nice summertime meal :yum:

Thanks for sharing and Happy Solstice!

@MeganB That is such a fun craft, and you make it sound so easy and fun to do! I love how your suncatcher turned out- it looks like you captured the moment of the sunset in the frame, it’s really beautiful :sunrise: :orange_heart: I can imagine the kids had a blast making them! :grinning:

@Artemisia Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear about the reaction- are you doing better today? I hope it continues to heal and that the discomfort fades asap :pray::heart: Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely entry even despite what you had going on- it’s a delight to see your beautiful gardens! :herb::star_struck:

I hope your tarot cards helped guide you to where you need to be, and a big thanks to the wonderful Donut for supervising your reading session :smile_cat: :two_hearts: Lovely gift too- hooray for solstice presents! :feather: :blush:

@Mistella The idea of saving flowers from the nursing home- all those blossoms sent with heartfelt love and well-wishes- and preserving them for another life and purpose on the altar is so beautiful I want to cry :face_holding_back_tears::heart: And that is not only really moving, it’s super creative too Mistella! Not to mention that your Litha altar is gorgeous- it makes a very impressive display with all the flowers and the candle :candle: :bouquet:

Your gardens look stunning- things are very happy there! I love the arrangements around the tree trunk too. And that golden sun! Oh! What a stunning display- are those feathers or leaves as the rays? Gorgeous :heart_eyes: :sun:

Really beautiful work here- thanks so much for sharing!

@Sarafeena_Sage Ohhhh drift sticks add that nice touch of Water Element and have such a lovely rustic look to them- your pentagram turned out amazing! :clap::two_hearts: The beads are a very crafty touch- I like how you used different ones to give variety, it is going to look amazing and so sparkly in the sunlight! :sparkles:

I want to jump through the computer screen and visit the creek- what a blessing to have such a lovely place close by! :national_park: :blush:

@TheMuslimWitch I remember you’ve been working with your fire energy lately, I can imagine that has strengthened your bond with the sun even more! :fire: And there’s nothing like a good sun soak to chase away the darkness- I’m glad you had a nice ritual :blush:

@stavroula I’m so glad you enjoyed the challenge and that you were able to learn new things- especially through connecting with your local traditions, that is so fun! :star_struck: Your altar looks stunning too, the flowers you got really add such a boost of bright summery colors :bouquet: :two_hearts:

Really gorgeous setup- and I love the addition of the seashells! :shell: Have a blessed Litha and happy solstice! :heart:

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now LIVE in the forum and badges have been sent out to everyone who shared an entry. Thanks again to everyone who joined in with some solstice and sabbat celebrations! :sun_with_face:

Three cheers to the Solstice Celebrants- have a bright and blessed solstice! :sparkles::candle:

10 Likes

Absolutely loved looking at and reading about everyone’s challenge entries! So wonderful! :sun:

10 Likes