šŸŒ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Strength of the Full Moon

@Jeannie1 , i love it! Great collection of charms.

8 Likes

Walter,
Thank you, Walter I think it was a trick question in regards to the charm I use. I donā€™t know yet, because I like them all! Lol I like The Triple Moon charm in regards to the maiden, mother and crone. I like the Pentagram or Penticle used to invoke or banish forces. The Divine Feminine, itā€™s the creation and power of the Goddess symbol, so maybe Iā€™ll just decide depending on the spell I incorporate. I also like the Triquerta
Sacred Symbols: Triquetra & the Power of ā€œ3ā€
Thanks they are all very nice pagan symbols!
I am a lucky girl with so many blessings in my life! I feel so blessed!
Jeannie

7 Likes

That is a nice collection of charms & I have a ton of bottles & jars as well. I should try thrift stores for them, thatā€™s a great idea! I have a bag of charms too I just canā€™t put my finger on where they are at right now. I have some things planned for the full moon, but nothing too crazy. Iā€™m more playing catch up from doing the shadow work & not being able to do much the past few. The weather just wasnā€™t playing nice on the nights of the moon. Iā€™m excited to make some moon water & get my crystals out there though.

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 Iā€™m sure any of the ones you already have in mind will do nicely. Something might still stand out for you and thatā€™s the perfect one! A lovely collection of shinies and I like the bottle too! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you for the wealth of information @BryWisteria , using the link you provided the full moon for me is Sunday at 2:50pm. I will make moon water as I am running low, bathe my crystals in the moonlight while sitting them in the sand I gathered from my getaway, then Iā€™ll do the Worm Moon ritual and meditation.
Looking forward to enjoying the evening.
Blessed Be Infinite Roots!

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to be doing the Worm Moon ritual and journaling from the site, it looks good and I should have everything I need. But I also wanted to share this picture. I got a tapestry for my living room off Amazon for twelve bucks! It makes me feel better because I canā€™t see the Moon from my apartment.

13 Likes

I love it! Iā€™m wearing my moon phases tank top today too! We were getting things ready in the greenhouse today.

![IMG_20210327_120229_719|500x500]
(upload://6wjOx3JTWTlYLBJN1F3jsIbDVwP.jpeg)

We have all kinds of things from herbs to veggies to flowers in there!

11 Likes

Oh am I ready for this One :cupid::cupid:

6 Likes

I love those planters at the bottom! Those long ones! I just love the look of new soilā€™ lol :cupid:

8 Likes

Charging moon water~ :white_heart: :blue_heart:

IMG_20210327_010302

10 Likes

Kasie, love :heart: the tapestry.

Jeannie, so many charms! Iā€™d use The Divine Feminine. :wink:

Tamera, same here. The full moon wonā€™t even be up during that time. :laughing: The app on my phone says tomorrow is a better day to celebrate the full moon but it also says tonight is the start of the full moon phase.

mrs, thank you for your full moon in Libra post. As I said to Tamera, for me it makes more sense to celebrate tomorrow. I think I will split the difference and light my silver candle after midnight. :slight_smile:

Krissie, today is the perfect day to work on the greenhouse. :house_with_garden: I would love one of those in my backyard.

Krista, I canā€™t wait :grinning: to see the recipe and pictures! (As I am typing this, you posted the first one. Thank you!)

Marissa, My selenite is one of the only crystals out for the full moon. :pray:t4: Thank you.

Stephanie, you can make moon :full_moon: water even when itā€™s cloudy out. It is all about intent.

Nadine, that is a great idea :bulb: for the weekend.

I took my son to one of the local shops. He had never seen this one, although the rest of my family has. He enjoyed it so much. Thanks to that trip, I have 261 candles across 14 colors. (The one is the silver :candle: candle.)

Even though my wife doesnā€™t believe anything related to my practice, she recently became a fan of @MeganBā€™s work on YouTube. She also surprised me today with this:

Candle magic tonight. Canā€™t wait!

10 Likes

I love to read about your plans and preparations for the full moon, itā€™s something we can all see with our own eyes no matter where in the world we are! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :white_circle:

The moon water picture is from yesterday, the moon was so bright and visible! Tonight I also caught a glimpse of her but right now the sky is cloudyā€¦ Iā€™m in bed writing this but in the living room, on the same windowsill thereā€™s a jar of moon oil in the making! :grin::tumbler_glass: Iā€™m using safflower seed oil, which is a very light oil (not sticky at all) and absorbs into the skin easily. Also I just learned that the safflower plant has often been used as a substitute for saffron. So through Hekate and her saffron colored robes, thereā€™s a moon connection too! :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

Your greenhouse is lovely! Iā€™ve never seen one like that!

Thank you, kind sir! It really makes the room I think. Love your wifeā€™s present to you! Thatā€™s just lovely!

7 Likes

Krissie,
I put all my crystals in this box so that way I could put it outside tomorrow for the full moon however Iā€™m thinking theyā€™re going to get ruined in the box and get scratched and now Iā€™m worried about that.
Jeannie

6 Likes

Kasie,
I love your Tapestry, I was just thinking about getting some thing with the moon phases as well! Good pick!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Krissie,
I love your Greenhouse, you are a inspiration!

Praecog29
You are blessed! I could imagine how much light you have across the room with all those candles!

Tamera
I was just cleaning up the house trying to prepare for tomorrowā€™s ritual and meditation too! Allā€™s I have to do is get my alter set up! This will be fun!
KristaMoon,
Thanks For making the connection with Hecate and I didnā€™t know that she like the sunflower seed oil very good to know! Iā€™ll try to give you some of my information too like that!
Jeannie

6 Likes

That is a gorgeous tapestry @Amethyst and a great bargain ! :wink:

6 Likes

Looking good @Susurrus and a neat project for the family too!

6 Likes

@Jeannie1 I had to check, safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) and sunflower (Helianthus annuus) are close relatives even if they arenā€™t the same flower! :sunflower: The namer of the former must have been a lover of puns. Both of them produce two kinds of oil, one thatā€™s good for the skin (containing more linoleic acid) and one thatā€™s better suited for cooking (containing more oleic acid). Iā€™d like to do a separate topic about carrier oils at some point. Usually theyā€™re not given very much attention when it comes to correspondences? More like ā€œuse whatā€™s availableā€ Iā€™d guess. Either way I know Hekate is very pleased with those who take time to learn about herbal lore especially :herb:

(Sorry if I sound like an insufferable know-it-all without feelings sometimes, I tend to be like this when I donā€™t know people very well yet and I know it doesnā€™t helpā€¦)

7 Likes

I was excited to take part in this challenge because it gave me the motivation I needed to do my first full-on Full Moon ritual. Up until this point, Iā€™ve been super nervous for some unknown reason. I guess it was just my typical anxiety around new situations that was getting the better me :sweat_smile: I feel that the Worm Moon ritual went really well, and I will definitely be making much more of an effort to do more rituals moving forward!

I didnā€™t do the journaling prompts, but I did use them to set my intention for my goals moving forward from this full Moon to the next. My intention was to plant the seed of not caring so much about what other people think about me. Up until this point, I have been someone who lives his life in a way that puts more emphasis on the needs of others before himself. My intention moving forward between this full Moon and the next is to experiment with saying ā€œnoā€ and to learn to prioritize myself, even if just a little. I also want to plant the seed of not caring so much about what other people think of me.

I also didnā€™t do the suggested pentagram tarot spread.

After dinner the day I decided to do the ritual, I had two fortune cookies whose fortunes I feel like were good messages to go along with my goal of learning to live for myself. The first one said ā€œIf you wait too long for the perfect moment, the perfect moment will pass you by.ā€ The other said ā€œHave a vision. Be demanding.ā€ I used these fortunes as motivational statements to begin shifting my mental and physical energies to take more care of myself.

I began by casting a circle. Next, I charged my green seven-day candle with energies of growth, potential, and my Will to flourish and be successful in whatever goals I set at any given time. I chose to use a seven-day candle because I figured I could use it moving forward when I want to release my Will as described above out into the universe. (Plus, I didnā€™t have any smaller green candlesā€¦ :sweat_smile:)

This was also my first time using a crystal grid. I found five stones on my driveway that I felt represented the different Elements. I put the crystal grid on label paper and stuck it in my Book of Shadows/grimoire. I set a piece of Chrysocolla (which is supposedly helpful in meditation) in the center with the intention of charging it with the Elements for when I meditate with it.

My favorite part of my experience with my first full moon ritual was that right before I started it, coyotes started howling and yipping. As soon as I snuffed out the candle, they started howling and yipping again ā€” I found that to be a truly magical experience!

9 Likes