šŸ§‘ā€šŸ« Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Teachers of Magick

That is a wonderful entry & I love that you have a set routine. I have not gotten there in a while. Things just keep popping up lately. I do honor & give gratitude to my deities regularly though.

Iā€™m happy that you participate in the oracle post as part of your daily routine! Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate it. :heartpulse:

13 Likes

Iā€™m sorry Justin was such an ass, but Iā€™m glad youā€™re here! And thank you for mentioning me! I like to think that we learn from each other.

13 Likes

Happy Monday to all :blush: I love these weekly Challenges! Thank you for doing these! They push me to stop and think about things and dive deeper into my connection with our Goddess. Iā€™ve pondered this Challenge all week and keep coming back to the same answer. My magickal teacher opened my eyes several years ago. Itā€™s Mother Nature herself! I have never had a genuine spiritual connection to anything other than what is almost tangible to me. Nature. The trees :evergreen_tree: flowers :rose:, animals, the moon :crescent_moon: and stars :sparkles:. I feel alive and at peace when surrounded by the seasons in full display and what the seasons do to our surroundings. The rain :cloud_with_rain:, wind :wind_face:, sunsets :sunrise_over_mountains: and sunrise :sunrise:, the consistent change in Nature thatā€™s reliable no matter what is happening in lifeā€”watching my yard sprout after a crippling winter. The birds :bird:and bugs :beetle: busy with building and reconstruction. The most beautiful tree is outside my bathroom window, and each season displays its Magick on this tree. When itā€™s Fall, itā€™s a brilliant red, :fallen_leaf: breathtaking. When my brother passed away at a young age in 2020, the dragonflies came and stayed for several days on the green bean vines. We put a dragonfly weathervane atop the house for him. When my furry soulmate passed in September, a dragonfly found me in an antique shop on the third floor as I was searching for a symbol of something that looked like her. (Thatā€™s a whole other magickal story!)
I was feeling very low energy yesterday and today, a little off, and I knew the best thing to do was force myself out into the yard and give thanks today. I cleared the beds of tree debris that often rains down with every gust of wind. Uncovered the new growth :seedling:pushing up through the chilled soil and apologizing to the weeds for ripping them up but admiring their tenacity. When cutting back an old Rhodie bush, I uncovered half a dozen snail shells :snail:, then covered them back up with an ā€œoops, sorry guys.ā€ When I stop and be still, the birds :bird:are chirping and flitting about, the leaves and trees are moving, thereā€™s so much movement, yet itā€™s so peaceful and serene.
When my son struggled mentally, I took him into the woods, and we walked and talked. Nature became his place of refuge and calmness as he healed mentally. He would come to me and ask, ā€œCan we get out for our walk and talk today?ā€ Heā€™s on his own now but lets me know he regularly goes on hikes and walks to clear his mind. Another excellent teacher for me has been all of you!
Sincerely, when I check in daily you all give me new things to ponder, new possibilities
and roads to personal growth. So thank you Mother Nature and thank you Infinite Roots Coven :heart: Blessed be!

16 Likes

Ooh, it looks like I can just get in here at the tail end of the challenge! While my post will be short and sweet, please know that I have been reflecting on this challenge all week and it has made a huge impact on me. A very personal epiphany about this challenge unfolded throughout the week and the most profound part of it came about today. While itā€™s a little too personal to share the details, I can say that my magickal teacher was my mom in a roundabout sort of way. She was my best friend and sheā€™s been gone for 14 years now. I have been going through a very challenging situation in my life right now (of which some of you are aware) and I have been desperately missing my mom and seeking her guidance through tarot and meditation. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school and my mom even taught at a Catholic school. However, she was a very open-minded person and deeply spiritual in a way that differed from the dogma and other stuff that really kind of scarred me from the Catholic religion. Thatā€™s way too long a story to tell, but I consider myself a recovering Catholic. :rofl: Anyway, between her deep connection to the Divine Feminine and her interest in Native American spirituality, she helped me find my path. Iā€™m very eclectic in my belief system, but when I was around 22,(a million years ago-heh) my mom gave me a book called Medicine Woman (it came out in the eighties and I read it in the early nineties) and it opened my eyes to Shamanism. Mom has been placing this book in my path in a multitude of ways this week (which is pretty badass coming from the spirit world :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) and it has been the perfect reminder that my connection to shamanism is what led me here. Geez, did I say this was going to be short? :rofl:
Spells8 and Infinite Roots coven have definitely played a huge part in the way I approach my spiritual life today and I have learned so much in the 6 months or so that Iā€™ve been a member here. I am grateful to all of you for sharing your wisdom and your experiences, and especially to @Francisco, @BryWisteria, and @MeganB for teaching me more than I ever imagined in such a short time! I love it here and I would be having a much more difficult time getting through this rough spot in my life if it werenā€™t for all (each and every one) of you!! :heart: :sparkles: :pray:

16 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you so much to everyone who shared about their magickal teachers this week! :heart: Iā€™m still reading through the entries (everyoneā€™s heartfelt stories are so powerful itā€™s making me emotional- in a good way! :face_holding_back_tears: :two_hearts: ) but will respond to everyone individually as soon as I can!

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :teacher: :sparkles:

9 Likes

@lisa47 Welcome, Lisa! :heart: It sounds like a love for magick is shared in your family- I think that is so neat that your son inspired you to begin your own journey into magick. Thank you so much for sharing your story- may you and your son continue to enjoy the Craft together :blush:

@Rowan Awww Rowan, you are so kind! :two_hearts: Thank you for the shoutout and for such a beautiful reflection on your magickal journey. Good for you for all that youā€™ve done and the work that you have put in for yourself- I know youā€™ve had ups and downs and I see you as being so amazingly strong for always moving forward and staying positive despite the things life throws your way. Cheers to you- you are a very special part of the coven! :sparkles:

@anon87969570 It sounds like your ex helped you to see things that had been with you all along, Ron! And that was just the first step on your formal magickal journey- I love what you said about having a ā€œmagickal facultyā€ :grinning: It sounds like there have been many sources of encouragement and wisdom for you along the way, and the result is something wonderful- the amazing Undomeher we have here now! Youā€™ve come such a long way and explored so much during the time Iā€™ve known you here in the forum, and you always offer such great questions and food for thought that helps others to learn and grow too. Many thanks to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Amaris_Bane Beautifully said, Jessica :blush: It sounds like you have been blessed by the love and guidance of many along your journey- and their wisdom and encouragement has helped you reach where you are now! Thank you for sharing about your teachers and also for being part of this special community, you certainly help to share the love for magickal learning! :heart:

@Kasandra Your creativity never fails, Kasandra- that is such a lovely spell to share your appreciation! Although I cannot speak for him, from what I know of him from his books, I believe Scott Cunningham would be pleased with your beautiful spellwork and show of thankfulness :pray: Well done and thank you so much for sharing! :sparkles:

@Flowing Iā€™m sorry it was a hard challenge for you, Flowing, but it sounds to me like your reflection brought some memories of people and places who influenced you and your practice in positive ways. The library is perhaps the greatest resource of all- be it the physical location or in online versions. I am always blown away by the amount of knowledge available to us in libraries, and how welcoming and accessible they are :blush: Good for you for taking your magickal education into your own hands and pursuing your passions in smart ways, Flowing! Thank you very much for sharing your entry :heart:

@Christina4 Awww thank you for the shoutout, Christina- you are very sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am so glad you found your way here and I have to say a big thank you back to you for all the wisdom and encouragement you so generously share. The forum is always blessed by your crystal, chakra, gridwork, and so much more- thank you for being here! :revolving_hearts:

@Eliza_01 No worries about writing a lot, Eliza, as the challenge is all about reflecting and oftentimes a heartfelt reflection can help others to face and express their own reflections- so thank you so much for sharing yours! :pray::blush: I like that you included a note to the non-magickal folks who helped you on your journey- it can be easy to overlook the ones who arenā€™t directly involved in the Craft, but I agree that their contributions are valuable as well! Youā€™ve had so many people and experiences that guided you to where you are today- congrats to you on your journey into magick! :sparkles: May your path continue to bring you joy and be prosperous for you- thanks again for sharing your reflection!

@Garnet Well said, Garnet! :clap: It does take a lot of courage to look inwards, and then even more strength to put it into words and share it with others. The coven is strong indeed! :infinite_roots: :hearts:

@Sarafeena_Sage Many thanks back to you too, Sarall! That is a lovely entry full of gratitude- Iā€™m so glad that each step of your magickal journey has led you to where you are now, in a place where you feel connected with your Craft and that you can practice proudly. Congrats to you, and may your magickal journey continue to bring you lots of joy, inner peace, and acceptance! :dove::heart:

@Athena The magick was with you all along, Athena, it was just waiting for you to call it by that name :blush: What a beautiful story- it sounds like since your awakening you have continued to grow and bloom in your magickal craft! :sparkles: Keep that passion burning brightly and I know you will continue to rise to ever greater heights- thank you so much for sharing your reflection!

@CelestiaMoon Iā€™m so glad you had such a great course and enjoyed the time with your tantra teacher, Celestia! :blush:

@Rachel21 Diving into memories can often be an emotional endevoar, Iā€™m glad the memories you found were happy and positive ones, Rachel! :grinning: It sounds like your mom and my mom could have been buddies- I also learned a lot of gardening and kitchen magick from her, like you learned from your mom :heart: It sounds like she was a very wise woman who loved you dearly, Rachel- the words she left you with have helped you thrive into the amazing person you are today! Thank you so much for sharing your story- and no worries, long entries are always welcome!

@IrisW You have yourself a gorgeous library, Iris- and it looks so neat and organized! Vampire Ted must be a very good librarian :grin: :books::bat: Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been able to make more room for the things you treasure and are continuing on your exciting new path. Wishing you all the best, Iris- thank you for sharing about your magickal learning! :sparkles:

@Christine13 Awww thank you, Christine- you are very kind! :heart: Iā€™m so glad you made the leap and gave magick a try- I know that sense of blissful freedom and happy self-acceptance well. Magick does wonders for the soul! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for being here and for helping to make Spells8 such a welcoming place- your enthusiasm and kindness go a long way here! You are always welcome and always have a home here in the coven :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

@Debra2 I know you were hesitant about diving into the painful memories, Debra- a huge hug to you for facing that fear, I know it is difficult! :people_hugging: But despite the challenge, you took it on and emerged victorious. Your ex was a magickal teacher, yes, but he was also simply a step on your way up. You have moved on, onwards and upwards as your magickal journey continues and you reach greater heights! I am so proud of you and am constantly cheering you on- I see all of your encouraging and welcoming posts and I think that you are so strong for choosing to be a beacon of light and warmth for others, despite the darkness that you overcame. Youā€™ve designed a lovely routine for yourself and I hope that your magick continues to bring you the light, joy, and love that you deserve :heart: Thank you so much for this very powerful entry, Debra!

@Marsha I am sorry that you felt like you didnā€™t belong before, Marsha- it breaks my heart to hear that. But I pray that thought is long behind you- you have found a new home here, where we are so very blessed by your presence! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You offer so much to the coven through your kind messages and warm heart, thank you for all that you do! Looking at your reflection, I can see that all the steps along your journey and the people you have met along the way have helped get you to where you are today- a huge congrats to you on your road so far! :tada: May your magickal adventure continue, bringing you lots of love and great joy! :sun:

@Mistella It is my pleasure, Mistella- Iā€™m so glad that you enjoy the challenges! :grinning: And wow, I am in awe of your stunning pictures! :heart_eyes: I love that you reflected on how Mother Nature has helped guide you in your practice, She is a wonderful magickal teacher to have :national_park: Your entry reads like poetry, and I love the gratitude offering you gave- it can hard when we are low on energy, but it sounds like nature is always there to give you a boost :heart: Thank you so much for sharing your entry!

@BrightBear Aww you are very sweet, BrightBear- thank you for the shoutout! I am glad the challenge was a thought-provoking one for you, and I hope the reflection helped to bring back some positive and happy memories of your strong bond with your mother. It sounds like she was a wonderful, talented person who had a huge impact on both your magickal path and your life. I know you are going through a lot at the moment, but it is reassuring to know that your mother is guiding you forward and supporting you from the other side- love is a powerful thing indeed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for your lovely reflection and also for being here, BrightBear- know that this is your home too and you are always welcome to come in and find support and love when you need it! :heart:

The Props and Presents post for this week is now live and badges have been awarded to all entries!

The entries this week and the stories shared really swept me off my feet- thank you all so much once again (I can never say it enough!) for joining in the challenge and sharing your reflections :pray::two_hearts:

19 Likes

What beautiful pictures! I am in awe and a bit envious of all that beauty and nature. I donā€™t see much here in the city, and I certainly miss the mountains! Thank you for making my morning a bit better with them!

I hope you have a blessed day!

Athena

16 Likes

What beautiful pictures @Mistella! Are they all of your yard? Iā€™m so envious!

15 Likes

Thank you @Athena , itā€™s A LOT of work maintaining it year round but Iā€™ve come to enjoy it. Iā€™m happy making your morning a little betterā¤ļø

13 Likes

Thank you @ Amethyst! Yes, thereā€™s a lot to this yard. Iā€™m the 3rd generation owner of this house my grandparents built in the early 70ā€™s. We are blessed for sureā¤ļø

15 Likes

I apologize if this is a stupid question but when is the next weekly challenge and have a missed it? I really want to do these.

12 Likes

@EternalIndigo, The new challenges come out on Wednesdays, youā€™re not too late! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Dear Coven,
I didnā€™t think I would make it this time considering my week has been at the high peaks for a while know. I think Iā€™m going to piggyback of the fact that this coven has helped me me overcome some spiritual programming like I thought Catholics, and Christianity people were giving witchcraft a bad name and I was angry :angry:!
My coven here tought me I can still beNeutral. And not to mention the leaders here have taught me so much. I have learned how to use my crystals correctly I have learned how to use sacred smoke I have learned how to cast spells. I have learned that I to have a voice. I have learned that I too have power and that I was so use to people telling me how to act and think. Know I can be my own person through mysticism. I look forward to reading :open_book: all my witchy books :books: I listen to myself and I try to go inward to my breath! Yoga :woman_in_lotus_position: and meditation,is my teacher :man_teacher: Learning to calm myself down and is key every day ! Learning to listen to my inner teacher that my ancestors are always with me and Spiritually guides that I didnā€™t think that were there. Like Totems and my mother and the Lord and Lady.
To tell you the truth Wiccan has been a spiritual teacher to as well because it has taught me to be balanced with justice for instance. I used to think it was OK to just be one-sided and good all the time but then Wicca has taught me that itā€™s OK to have that fiery side in you and thatā€™s where Hekate comes from she helps me in my power to be OK in my own skin. To speak up when I need too! I have a voice and my opinion matters! I Love you all and I just hope that you all know that you all matter to me and you guys have helped me in so many different ways I I just canā€™t thank you enough!
Jeannie

15 Likes

Mistella, years ago there was a commercial for margarine I think. It was a woman dressed like a nature goddess saying, ā€œYou canā€™t fool Mother Nature.ā€ And that is so true.
When natural disasters happen, I suggest ā€œNature will have her way.ā€
or the ā€œMother is trying to teach us lessons, we just arenā€™t hearing her.ā€
If it werenā€™t for Goddess and her glorious garden [Earth.], we would not be.
Your home and land are a homage to nature itself. Thank you.

Jeanie1, The best point of introspection is seeing the real you. Not what others have said or others think you should be, but who you are.

15 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for all the beautiful words of encouragement and Iā€™m very glad I found my way to you all.

13 Likes

Well, it looks just wonderful! Very nice!

12 Likes

@anon87969570, I love your posts, Ron! You always manage to teach me something and make me laugh, which is a wonderful combination. Thanks for being you!! :heart: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Garnet,
Very good point!
Jeannie

11 Likes

@EternalIndigo Welcome! :blush: Like BrightBear said, the new challenge comes out every Wednesday- that is to say, today! :tada: Iā€™ll be writing up the new one this morning so please keep an eye on the main page of the forum. The next challenge will launch in just a little bit! :grinning:

@Jeannie1 That is such a powerful reflection- youā€™ve learned so much on your magickal journey, Jeannie! It is such a wonderful thing that your Craft has helped you to find your inner voice and power- you are right that it is okay to have a fiery side, and that you should always stick up for yourself and what is best for you. Iā€™m so proud of you and how far youā€™ve come, Jeannie! Lots of love back to you too- big hugs! :people_hugging: :heart:

12 Likes

Thank you for your beautiful :heart: and kind words, and of course, the lovely new title :magic_wand:

9 Likes