šŸ§‘ā€šŸ« Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Teachers of Magick

Wrote a really long winded entry, thank you for those who took the time to read it. Removed it so to condense it some more. (This is a little long too, but not as long as the first).

There isnā€™t a particular person, but many, and including those that donā€™t practice magick, still feel helped pave the way very much. Here goes.

First experience really pushed me out of the mundane was when I visited a psychic studio, 14 years ago about. She did a lot of stuff with me that was a first, my first closed eye visual experience was under her direction, we were meditating together. She had me meditate with her and prescribed times of the day for me to do it. First time Iā€™ve ever meditated in such a way. She also gave me my first crystal to carry with me. Before her, I lived a very mundane life. Then she also said she is going to perform a spell on my behalf, she will have to do this in private. I was like ok, at that time this definitely went over my head.

After that, then I started to read some books on the occult, and magic. Including but not limited to, texts attributed to Hermes Trismegistus, books by Eliphas Levi, Raymond Buckland, Manly P Hall, etc. I didnā€™t practice, but enjoyed more of the philosophical aspect of what magick and the occult provided. One of the books I liked very much and learned a lot from and do recommend is reading the principles laid out in The Kybalion by The Three Initiates.

What I did end up practicing and reading on a lot more on was meditation, hypnosis, human potential, mesmerism, esotericism, body language, works on psychology, and psychiatry, various types of physical therapy, human potential, Theosophy, Transcendentalism, personal development, Religious texts, etc. There is so many good works on the above, canā€™t go too wrong finding such.

One person that influenced me greatly in the world of esotericism and meditation is Dr. Frederick ā€œRamaā€ Lenz, a master mediator. He passed away many years ago, but I was very fortunate and am thankful to have been in the company and to meditate with direct students of his. Reading and listening to his works, he dumbed it down a lot where I was able to understand a put into practice, and also he made my path so much more fun.

Even with so many fantastic experiences, as Iā€™m progressing, at the same time honestly still working against myself, very much off. So about a year and half ago I decided to align myself with the phases of the Moon (donā€™t recall how I decided this) not that I wanted to practice magick, but I needed structure and decided to try this out, the ebb and flow of my life and choices, there is a time to receive and a time to let go. Read a couple of books by Yasmin Boland, and various articles and books on Moon rituals. When I changed over to the Moon, I have had two fantastic dreams that Iā€™d take telling me Iā€™m moving in the right direction. A little time after those dreams, started to incorporate magickal works with the phases , came across a number of websites, articles, resources, and I found Spells8. An excellent source, very well laid out, organized, resourceful, spent sometime on the main page. Then I ventured into the forum, excellent community, the working behind a great excellent website, huge thank you! In the meantime, got a tarot deck Rider-Waite-Smith deck (a big thank you to those who created this deck), then a pendulum (a number of people advised to get a pendulum), crystals, incense, etc. With the tarot and pendulum Iā€™m tapping into a very smarter aware part of myself, leaps and bounds. Wish I did this long ago, would have saved me a lot of fumbling around.

Now this ā€œsmartā€ part of myself, going back so many years, when I started to meditate and studying body language, realized with my hands, walked around a lot with a clenched fist, so I consciously watched myself to not do that. One day, was strolling through a wooden local park, listening to some music, la de da, and my left hand clenches into a tight fist automatically, I looked down at my fist and talked to it out loud ā€œhey, whatā€™s going on down thereā€ and released my hand, and right after a person came scrambling out of woods from nowhere, off the path, from my left side, where my fist clenched. I paused, didnā€™t know what to make of it, but I realized a part of myself is more aware than myself, but I pushed that into that back of my mind, didnā€™t know where to go with it. But now with the tarot and pendulum, Iā€™m solid on that Iā€™m communicating with that part of myself.

Iā€™m just going along with all of this, Iā€™m liking it a lot so far.

14 Likes

I cannot tell you how proud i am of each and every one of you who poured your heart felt story out to us all. What courage!
It was like coming out out of the broom closet all over again.
ā€œFrom great courage, comes great strength.ā€
Blessed be. Be safe. Live your life free.
Garnet

15 Likes

My Magickal teachers have mostly been right here on Spells8! :infinite_roots:
@Francisco helped me with gardening and :herb:plant questions and so many of you have helped me and answered questions for me or gave me things to think about that I didnā€™t know about.
Now I feel like I have always been a witch but didnā€™t know it for so long. I started studying herbs when I was in my teens. I got into probiotics in my 20ā€™s and 30ā€™s and so on lolā€¦
I didnā€™t know a lot of history of religions when I began my journey, especially Wicca and Witchcraft because it was forbidden since I was raised as a closed minded christian. It never felt right! Now I know why. So many things make complete sense now. I feel I am with like minded people finally.
I read a lot on the internet. I listen to audio books, and read books. I give Spells8 the most credit though because the forum is ongoing ever changing and always willing to help :raised_hands: Thank you all. This is a very lovely place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and welcoming to all.

Thank you Spells8 :candle: and Infinite Roots :infinite_roots:

:rose: ~Sarall

16 Likes

I grew up in a house that practiced magic, although it was never verbally stated. Books like the ā€œGolden Dawnā€, and others by various authors such as Scott Cunningham, herbs, rituals, and altars were always used and around (again, not in a way that would be noticed by those who walked into our house). At first I was oblivious to what was happening under my nose, after all it was a normal affair in my house. But, when I started to walk my own path, I learned that everything I learned as a child were being used and taught by others. I was quite surprised by this, because no one ever put a name to what my family did as routine or ā€œnormalā€. As I have grown in my knowledge, I learned as much as I could from various teachers wherever I lived. So, long story shortā€¦:slight_smile: I was raised in the craft. I feel I am blessed to come from such a lineage and to have known so many willing to pass on their knowledge to an eager student, adding to my eclectic background and practice. And, I am still learning. This coven is such a wealth of knowledge and the willingness to teach others is beautiful! I am thankful to everyone, past and present!

16 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria :relaxed:
The course went well and exceeded all my expectations, blew my heart space right open, still processing all the emotions! Some powerful transmissions right there. And I got to give my teacher so much love in return too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

This challenge brought up a lot of memories for me and I donā€™t think that was a bad thing at all. I always knew when I was little that I was different and my mom did as well because she told me on the daily that there was a fire in my soul that she wasnā€™t sure how to tame. I grew up in a very conservative close minded southern baptist household. I always thought they were the weirdest people. The Christian religion to me was the most bizarre thing, donā€™t judge people but judge people is what I always felt like was being said. I hated it, my mom pushed it for a while and then realized that I was never going to part of it and she stopped pushing. My mom loved things like gardening and herbs, she always had a pot of orange peels and cloves boiling on the stove, she would tell you it was for the house to smell nice. She introduced me to my first crystal and bought it for me. She would sit outside with me while I stared at the moon, she encouraged me to read about anything and everything even if it pushed the boundaries of what our set religion believed. She blew cinnamon around every door way, she was intuitive and loved mistletoe, and so many other things that I have learned over the years are more witchy than anything else. I donā€™t know if she knew what she was and even if she would have ever truly embraced it for fear of what everyone else would have thought but I think she encouraged me because she knew what I was and knew I wouldnā€™t care what anyone thought. I never got the chance to ask her about any of the practices she had when I was a child because to me it was just normal life back then and now I know it was so much more, Iā€™ll always believe she was training me to be exactly who I am supposed to be.
For so many years I was married to a rather nasty man and I wasnā€™t allowed to be anything other than what he wanted, some of my mothers last words on this earth to me were basically to get rid of what was holding me down and to quite taming the fire inside me, to let it burn and live how I was meant to live. I did both of you the very last things she told me to do and will be thankful everyday for doing so. The last few years I have been able to live authentically and itā€™s a wonderful feeling, I lost the baggage of the terrible man I was married to and gained so much more in myself.
So I would guess she was my first teacher in so many things and magik being at the top of the list. I have came across so many other teachers as well, my youngest son who hasnā€™t quite embraced who he is yet and my daughter who is an empath, the many authors I have read who have lead me on my journeys as well, the amazing shop owners at my favorite metaphysical store and of course this coven. This coven is the first place that I have actually felt truly at home at in such a long time. Thank you to all of you for your wisdom and guidance along the way.

I know this was long winded and I am sorry I just felt it all as I was writing and had to get it out.

16 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

Thank you so much to everyone who has shared about their magickal teachers so far! :heart: If you want to share your reflection but havenā€™t done so already, please know that you have one more day left to do so:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: March 8th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be! :teacher: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve primarily learnt from people here (far too many to name and I really donā€™t want to miss anyone out), and my own research both on Spell8 and elsewhere.

Iā€™m also somewhat of a Bibliophile and my collection of witchy books has grown considerably over the last year. I was feeling a little disheartened as they were all cramped onto a small bookcase and I couldnā€™t see properly what I had. But now Iā€™m going self-employed Iā€™ve been able to clear out some of my office workspace for my books:

Vampire Ted (last yearā€™s Valentineā€™s present from my hubby) is guarding them for me :smiley:

18 Likes

Well, my story isnā€™t much different from many here on this site! The universe put Spells8 in front of my face! It took me awhile to join because I was too busy doubting what I was hearing. I kept on saying, ā€œIā€™m not a witch!ā€ But when sites, books, and maybe a sentence said in a movie or show that was already said to me, I thought maybe there was something to this! (Yes, it takes a lot of signs and confirmation for it to sink in.)
And Iā€™m glad it finally did sink in!
If it wasnā€™t for @Francisco creating this place to commune and learn the craft with all these wonderful courses and people, I wouldnā€™t be in this frame of mind at this time.
I feel free. I feel like Iā€™m finally myself. And Iā€™ve read so many books about the craft, paganism, Celtic Mythology, and Herbalism that it blows my mind what Iā€™ve denied myself for so long by doubt and fear.
But this coven is a safe place with @BryWisteria, @MeganB, @Susurrus, @Garnet, just to name a few that have a positive and inspiring message or links and book suggestions, or just some kind words to brighten my day, clear my mind, or encourage me further and dive deeper to learn the craft. And Iā€™ve read so many posts with great questions, antidotes, recipes, poems, spells, charms, I mean the content on this site is endless! Itā€™s a great place to call home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Itā€™s a great place to learn :grinning: Itā€™s a supportive community that inspires wisdom, education, and friendship. Thank you to ALL of you who share your deep inner thoughts and suggestions, you just donā€™t realize who may need to hear your advice.
Blessed Beā€¦

18 Likes

This is my Challenge Entry:

My 1st magical teacher was my ex-boyfriend Justin, He himself was a witch & had the same religious background as myself (Lutheran). Justin bought me my 1st two books (Wicca by Scott Cunningham, Witchesā€™ Spell-A-Day Almanac by LLewellynā€™s 2018) and Justin gave me one of his first Grimoire Journals. Later after a month, Justin decided to end our relationship through text message. This challenge has brought up some very painful memories for me, but I decided to continue with this challenge to show myself that I have become so much stronger now. I wonā€™t lie, it still hurts.

My 2nd Teacher and still is, is Spells8 by @Francisco who created Spells8, and all these many lessons with help from @MeganB @BryWisteria and many more. Then there is @Susurrus @Amethyst @christina4 watching & learning through the lessons, but most of all Iā€™m learning & challenging myself more through the Weekly Witchy Challenges that @BryWisteria and others put up every week.

If it was not for @Francisco for designing the Spells8 website & creating the Infinite Roots Coven, I would be lost to learning all of this on my own at home and not learning as much as I have so far with all of you here.

Iā€™ve learned about crystals, Herbs, Pendulum, Tarot Cards, Divination, Candle Spells, creating spells. I still have not figured out my Animal Guide, even though I am attracted to Black Panthers and to Dragons. Iā€™m more drawn to Egyptian Deities, not fully sure which Deity Iā€™m called to.

I do have lately (6months) have a certain routine that I follow each day, so every day can be magical. I start my day with the Wiccan Daily Blessing, then I place on my Altar 3 Oracle cards from my Angel Oracle Deck by Kyle Gray to see what my week will hold for me. I also draw a daily Oracle card from my Archangel Oracle Deck by Diana Cooper for that dayā€™s message to me. I try to wish everyone on the list of Birthdays that @MeganB does up for us. I try to draw a Tarot card & post it on @Susurrus Oracle/Tarot/Rune post. Then for the end of my day, I recite the Wiccan Daily Blessings that I have reworded for the end of my day:
Blessed are my feet, that have walked in the path of the Lord and Lady today.
Blessed are my knees that have kneeled at the sacred altar.
Blessed is my heart that beats to the drum of compassion.
Blessed are my lips that they have spoken the truth.
Blessed are my eyes that see the path of spirit.
For the love of the Lord and Lady have surrounded
and guided me throughout my life and this night.
So mote it be.

Blessed Be :dizzy: :pentagram: :sparkles:

16 Likes

I havenā€™t had the mental energy to reply to everyone, but just know that for everyone thatā€™s mentioned me it is greatly appreciated and Iā€™m humbled to have been a helping hand along your path :hearts:

13 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Teachers of Magick

Iā€™ve never felt like I belonged anywhere! Iā€™ve always been different, there were things I knew as a young child, and so many memories, sensing and knowing things. I thought I had a vivid imaginationā€¦ I am an empath.

As a teen, I began learning witchcraft, and astrology from books, mostly ones I got from the library. Later, I took an astrology correspondence course and started doing charts. I got my first tarot deck and began doing readings. And so began, my Spiritual Quest.

I had a spontaneous out-of-body experience: I was above my body watching it walk! It lasted a few seconds, but it seemed much longer! What I saw and learned was amazing, it was blissful! Thus, I began my Healing Journey with Reiki, Crystals, Healing Touch, Essential Oils, and more.

As I continued questioning everything, learning, and growing along the way, I walked a Path of Gratitude and Peace. During this time, I read and listened to many books, I also found Spells 8, read and took more classes.

So many people have been my teachers in my life that I cannot possibly name them here. I am so thankful and blessed for all the amazing beings, who have inspired and encouraged me along the way.

Only recently, I learned that I am a Starseed, and that explains so muchā€¦ and now my path has become a Magical :magic_wand: Adventure.

13 Likes

That is a wonderful entry & I love that you have a set routine. I have not gotten there in a while. Things just keep popping up lately. I do honor & give gratitude to my deities regularly though.

Iā€™m happy that you participate in the oracle post as part of your daily routine! Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate it. :heartpulse:

13 Likes

Iā€™m sorry Justin was such an ass, but Iā€™m glad youā€™re here! And thank you for mentioning me! I like to think that we learn from each other.

13 Likes

Happy Monday to all :blush: I love these weekly Challenges! Thank you for doing these! They push me to stop and think about things and dive deeper into my connection with our Goddess. Iā€™ve pondered this Challenge all week and keep coming back to the same answer. My magickal teacher opened my eyes several years ago. Itā€™s Mother Nature herself! I have never had a genuine spiritual connection to anything other than what is almost tangible to me. Nature. The trees :evergreen_tree: flowers :rose:, animals, the moon :crescent_moon: and stars :sparkles:. I feel alive and at peace when surrounded by the seasons in full display and what the seasons do to our surroundings. The rain :cloud_with_rain:, wind :wind_face:, sunsets :sunrise_over_mountains: and sunrise :sunrise:, the consistent change in Nature thatā€™s reliable no matter what is happening in lifeā€”watching my yard sprout after a crippling winter. The birds :bird:and bugs :beetle: busy with building and reconstruction. The most beautiful tree is outside my bathroom window, and each season displays its Magick on this tree. When itā€™s Fall, itā€™s a brilliant red, :fallen_leaf: breathtaking. When my brother passed away at a young age in 2020, the dragonflies came and stayed for several days on the green bean vines. We put a dragonfly weathervane atop the house for him. When my furry soulmate passed in September, a dragonfly found me in an antique shop on the third floor as I was searching for a symbol of something that looked like her. (Thatā€™s a whole other magickal story!)
I was feeling very low energy yesterday and today, a little off, and I knew the best thing to do was force myself out into the yard and give thanks today. I cleared the beds of tree debris that often rains down with every gust of wind. Uncovered the new growth :seedling:pushing up through the chilled soil and apologizing to the weeds for ripping them up but admiring their tenacity. When cutting back an old Rhodie bush, I uncovered half a dozen snail shells :snail:, then covered them back up with an ā€œoops, sorry guys.ā€ When I stop and be still, the birds :bird:are chirping and flitting about, the leaves and trees are moving, thereā€™s so much movement, yet itā€™s so peaceful and serene.
When my son struggled mentally, I took him into the woods, and we walked and talked. Nature became his place of refuge and calmness as he healed mentally. He would come to me and ask, ā€œCan we get out for our walk and talk today?ā€ Heā€™s on his own now but lets me know he regularly goes on hikes and walks to clear his mind. Another excellent teacher for me has been all of you!
Sincerely, when I check in daily you all give me new things to ponder, new possibilities
and roads to personal growth. So thank you Mother Nature and thank you Infinite Roots Coven :heart: Blessed be!

16 Likes

Ooh, it looks like I can just get in here at the tail end of the challenge! While my post will be short and sweet, please know that I have been reflecting on this challenge all week and it has made a huge impact on me. A very personal epiphany about this challenge unfolded throughout the week and the most profound part of it came about today. While itā€™s a little too personal to share the details, I can say that my magickal teacher was my mom in a roundabout sort of way. She was my best friend and sheā€™s been gone for 14 years now. I have been going through a very challenging situation in my life right now (of which some of you are aware) and I have been desperately missing my mom and seeking her guidance through tarot and meditation. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school and my mom even taught at a Catholic school. However, she was a very open-minded person and deeply spiritual in a way that differed from the dogma and other stuff that really kind of scarred me from the Catholic religion. Thatā€™s way too long a story to tell, but I consider myself a recovering Catholic. :rofl: Anyway, between her deep connection to the Divine Feminine and her interest in Native American spirituality, she helped me find my path. Iā€™m very eclectic in my belief system, but when I was around 22,(a million years ago-heh) my mom gave me a book called Medicine Woman (it came out in the eighties and I read it in the early nineties) and it opened my eyes to Shamanism. Mom has been placing this book in my path in a multitude of ways this week (which is pretty badass coming from the spirit world :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) and it has been the perfect reminder that my connection to shamanism is what led me here. Geez, did I say this was going to be short? :rofl:
Spells8 and Infinite Roots coven have definitely played a huge part in the way I approach my spiritual life today and I have learned so much in the 6 months or so that Iā€™ve been a member here. I am grateful to all of you for sharing your wisdom and your experiences, and especially to @Francisco, @BryWisteria, and @MeganB for teaching me more than I ever imagined in such a short time! I love it here and I would be having a much more difficult time getting through this rough spot in my life if it werenā€™t for all (each and every one) of you!! :heart: :sparkles: :pray:

16 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you so much to everyone who shared about their magickal teachers this week! :heart: Iā€™m still reading through the entries (everyoneā€™s heartfelt stories are so powerful itā€™s making me emotional- in a good way! :face_holding_back_tears: :two_hearts: ) but will respond to everyone individually as soon as I can!

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :teacher: :sparkles:

9 Likes

@lisa47 Welcome, Lisa! :heart: It sounds like a love for magick is shared in your family- I think that is so neat that your son inspired you to begin your own journey into magick. Thank you so much for sharing your story- may you and your son continue to enjoy the Craft together :blush:

@Rowan Awww Rowan, you are so kind! :two_hearts: Thank you for the shoutout and for such a beautiful reflection on your magickal journey. Good for you for all that youā€™ve done and the work that you have put in for yourself- I know youā€™ve had ups and downs and I see you as being so amazingly strong for always moving forward and staying positive despite the things life throws your way. Cheers to you- you are a very special part of the coven! :sparkles:

@anon87969570 It sounds like your ex helped you to see things that had been with you all along, Ron! And that was just the first step on your formal magickal journey- I love what you said about having a ā€œmagickal facultyā€ :grinning: It sounds like there have been many sources of encouragement and wisdom for you along the way, and the result is something wonderful- the amazing Undomeher we have here now! Youā€™ve come such a long way and explored so much during the time Iā€™ve known you here in the forum, and you always offer such great questions and food for thought that helps others to learn and grow too. Many thanks to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Amaris_Bane Beautifully said, Jessica :blush: It sounds like you have been blessed by the love and guidance of many along your journey- and their wisdom and encouragement has helped you reach where you are now! Thank you for sharing about your teachers and also for being part of this special community, you certainly help to share the love for magickal learning! :heart:

@Kasandra Your creativity never fails, Kasandra- that is such a lovely spell to share your appreciation! Although I cannot speak for him, from what I know of him from his books, I believe Scott Cunningham would be pleased with your beautiful spellwork and show of thankfulness :pray: Well done and thank you so much for sharing! :sparkles:

@Flowing Iā€™m sorry it was a hard challenge for you, Flowing, but it sounds to me like your reflection brought some memories of people and places who influenced you and your practice in positive ways. The library is perhaps the greatest resource of all- be it the physical location or in online versions. I am always blown away by the amount of knowledge available to us in libraries, and how welcoming and accessible they are :blush: Good for you for taking your magickal education into your own hands and pursuing your passions in smart ways, Flowing! Thank you very much for sharing your entry :heart:

@Christina4 Awww thank you for the shoutout, Christina- you are very sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am so glad you found your way here and I have to say a big thank you back to you for all the wisdom and encouragement you so generously share. The forum is always blessed by your crystal, chakra, gridwork, and so much more- thank you for being here! :revolving_hearts:

@Eliza_01 No worries about writing a lot, Eliza, as the challenge is all about reflecting and oftentimes a heartfelt reflection can help others to face and express their own reflections- so thank you so much for sharing yours! :pray::blush: I like that you included a note to the non-magickal folks who helped you on your journey- it can be easy to overlook the ones who arenā€™t directly involved in the Craft, but I agree that their contributions are valuable as well! Youā€™ve had so many people and experiences that guided you to where you are today- congrats to you on your journey into magick! :sparkles: May your path continue to bring you joy and be prosperous for you- thanks again for sharing your reflection!

@Garnet Well said, Garnet! :clap: It does take a lot of courage to look inwards, and then even more strength to put it into words and share it with others. The coven is strong indeed! :infinite_roots: :hearts:

@Sarafeena_Sage Many thanks back to you too, Sarall! That is a lovely entry full of gratitude- Iā€™m so glad that each step of your magickal journey has led you to where you are now, in a place where you feel connected with your Craft and that you can practice proudly. Congrats to you, and may your magickal journey continue to bring you lots of joy, inner peace, and acceptance! :dove::heart:

@Athena The magick was with you all along, Athena, it was just waiting for you to call it by that name :blush: What a beautiful story- it sounds like since your awakening you have continued to grow and bloom in your magickal craft! :sparkles: Keep that passion burning brightly and I know you will continue to rise to ever greater heights- thank you so much for sharing your reflection!

@CelestiaMoon Iā€™m so glad you had such a great course and enjoyed the time with your tantra teacher, Celestia! :blush:

@Rachel21 Diving into memories can often be an emotional endevoar, Iā€™m glad the memories you found were happy and positive ones, Rachel! :grinning: It sounds like your mom and my mom could have been buddies- I also learned a lot of gardening and kitchen magick from her, like you learned from your mom :heart: It sounds like she was a very wise woman who loved you dearly, Rachel- the words she left you with have helped you thrive into the amazing person you are today! Thank you so much for sharing your story- and no worries, long entries are always welcome!

@IrisW You have yourself a gorgeous library, Iris- and it looks so neat and organized! Vampire Ted must be a very good librarian :grin: :books::bat: Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been able to make more room for the things you treasure and are continuing on your exciting new path. Wishing you all the best, Iris- thank you for sharing about your magickal learning! :sparkles:

@Christine13 Awww thank you, Christine- you are very kind! :heart: Iā€™m so glad you made the leap and gave magick a try- I know that sense of blissful freedom and happy self-acceptance well. Magick does wonders for the soul! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for being here and for helping to make Spells8 such a welcoming place- your enthusiasm and kindness go a long way here! You are always welcome and always have a home here in the coven :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

@Debra2 I know you were hesitant about diving into the painful memories, Debra- a huge hug to you for facing that fear, I know it is difficult! :people_hugging: But despite the challenge, you took it on and emerged victorious. Your ex was a magickal teacher, yes, but he was also simply a step on your way up. You have moved on, onwards and upwards as your magickal journey continues and you reach greater heights! I am so proud of you and am constantly cheering you on- I see all of your encouraging and welcoming posts and I think that you are so strong for choosing to be a beacon of light and warmth for others, despite the darkness that you overcame. Youā€™ve designed a lovely routine for yourself and I hope that your magick continues to bring you the light, joy, and love that you deserve :heart: Thank you so much for this very powerful entry, Debra!

@Marsha I am sorry that you felt like you didnā€™t belong before, Marsha- it breaks my heart to hear that. But I pray that thought is long behind you- you have found a new home here, where we are so very blessed by your presence! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You offer so much to the coven through your kind messages and warm heart, thank you for all that you do! Looking at your reflection, I can see that all the steps along your journey and the people you have met along the way have helped get you to where you are today- a huge congrats to you on your road so far! :tada: May your magickal adventure continue, bringing you lots of love and great joy! :sun:

@Mistella It is my pleasure, Mistella- Iā€™m so glad that you enjoy the challenges! :grinning: And wow, I am in awe of your stunning pictures! :heart_eyes: I love that you reflected on how Mother Nature has helped guide you in your practice, She is a wonderful magickal teacher to have :national_park: Your entry reads like poetry, and I love the gratitude offering you gave- it can hard when we are low on energy, but it sounds like nature is always there to give you a boost :heart: Thank you so much for sharing your entry!

@BrightBear Aww you are very sweet, BrightBear- thank you for the shoutout! I am glad the challenge was a thought-provoking one for you, and I hope the reflection helped to bring back some positive and happy memories of your strong bond with your mother. It sounds like she was a wonderful, talented person who had a huge impact on both your magickal path and your life. I know you are going through a lot at the moment, but it is reassuring to know that your mother is guiding you forward and supporting you from the other side- love is a powerful thing indeed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for your lovely reflection and also for being here, BrightBear- know that this is your home too and you are always welcome to come in and find support and love when you need it! :heart:

The Props and Presents post for this week is now live and badges have been awarded to all entries!

The entries this week and the stories shared really swept me off my feet- thank you all so much once again (I can never say it enough!) for joining in the challenge and sharing your reflections :pray::two_hearts:

19 Likes

What beautiful pictures! I am in awe and a bit envious of all that beauty and nature. I donā€™t see much here in the city, and I certainly miss the mountains! Thank you for making my morning a bit better with them!

I hope you have a blessed day!

Athena

16 Likes

What beautiful pictures @Mistella! Are they all of your yard? Iā€™m so envious!

15 Likes