đŸ§‘â€đŸ« Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Teachers of Magick

My Pagan path started with our younger son getting into meditating, then buying his 1st tarot deck & crystals, which SO intrigued me. So I started looking into it for myself & feel deeply in love with the Pagan world. My earlier help came from LonerWolf on Facebook & I quickly devoured their topics. I read books like “Soulcraft” by Bill Plotkin, “Exploring the Pagan Path” by Kristen Madden, & many others. I started receiving witchy subscription boxes from our older son by companies like Tamed Wild & Wild Spirit that had ritual cards, pendulums, crystals, alter cloths, teas & such. And now I’m learning from sites like Spells8 & Exemplore I’m loving this journey!

20 Likes

Merry Meet @lisa47! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, my pagan path started in my teens then stopped & now that my children are older, I had come back to it in July of 2020 & by the end of the month had joined Spells8 for the same reasons.

I am an empath, so I love LonerWolf. I have read the Awakened Empath & another 1 of their publications plus & have the Shadow Workbook that goes with the Awakened Empath.

I also receive the Tamed Wild boxes :package: each month. I love them & the weekly challenges because of all I get to learn from both, because as you said, the Tamed Wild boxes not only come with goodies, but ritual cards with a background story to go with what the ritual is for & how to use your items.

I am very in love with Crystals & will be taking courses to be a Certified Practitioner & Advanced Practitioner. I also have another course that I want to take that is more Celtic centered by a Druid Priestess. I’m waiting on that 1 until after the crystal course. Right now I just have a lot of other things going on, but those are my goals.

I love to learn about my deities :triquetra:, Celtic :triskele: mythology/stories, lifestyle, Druidry, Paganism even Irish Paganism :pentacle_tarot: interests me. I have read a lot of books :books: also.

Spells8 has been a great addition to my practice. You never know what you are going to learn in a day or by who that may be. It’s always a learning experience. If you have any questions or information that you would like to share, jump in on any post or start your own! :heart:

I look forward to learning with you! :infinite_roots:

18 Likes

We’re thankful for you too, @debra2! You’re always such a nice person. You certainly brighten up the place!

17 Likes

Merry Meet @lisa47
I’m so glad your son was able to get you started on your new path. I have also learned from my children and grandchildren, but that’s another story

With much love, and, of course, lots of magic :magic_wand:

18 Likes

@Siofra -Wow, thank you for sharing your journey story with me! :dancer:t4:I love hearing/learning about how others have grown along their personal path. I don’t have many people in the tangible world as of now to share witchy things with, but I’m a baby witch :baby:t4::woman_mage:t3:& I’m certain that Spirit will connect me with the right people at the right time (like YOU!):cyclone: It’s nice knowing that we’re neighbors (I’m in E. Bridgewater) & I’m thankful for your encouragement! Blessed be! :broom::candle::owl::crystal_ball:

14 Likes

@marsha -Yes, learning comes from many places & ages young & old! It’s all about being open-minded to what Spirit has for us! Blessed be! :candle::owl::cyclone::crystal_ball:

14 Likes

I used to l live in the Plymouth/Carver/Wareham/Middleboro area, so E. Bridgewater is a place that I have been to before, but not recently. That’s awesome that you are so close!

I don’t mind sharing my story, actually, right now Spells8 is my social media. Lol :joy: So I’m sure we will be able to learn from each other more as time goes along. I’m very happy to meet you! :people_hugging: :hugs:

14 Likes

Great Challenge @BryWisteria !! :smiley:
My teachers consist of:
Myself- For always feeling the connection to something I knew was against the grain for many. I always asked questions about the faith of others, trying to find my place. When the explanations of others faith didn’t really click with me (too many unanswered questions) I sought out my path. And against the judgement of others I pursued it. Walking out of the Broom closet, over two years ago was the most courageous thing I have done. Feeling free to explore, develop, and trust my intuition is amazing.
Spells8 - Finding this wonderful website was exactly what I needed. It allowed me to open myself up to things I already had felt or believed. I had after a long search found my place. Thank You @Francisco for creating Spells8,for being that beacon for not only me but everyone else that was walking in the dark. Thank you @BryWisteria for your kindness, inspiring words, challenges, and knowledge. Thank you @MeganB for the wisdom that you display within our infinite roots. Thank you @Susurrus for the answers to all my wild questions, your advice, and your herb knowledge. Thank you @Amethyst for your lovely magick with words, and the Tarot poems that help me remember the meanings so much easier than a book. Thank you to the Coven for without each and every one of you the connection we have would not exist.
I’d like to list some authors that have helped put things into prospective for me in some ways, but there would be too many to list.
Blessed Be to Us All,
Rowan

15 Likes

This is also a great entry! Learning about the influences along everyone’s path is a great experience because they are all so unique.

@Rowan thank you, I do my best to help when I can :smiling_face: No question is too wild or silly :wink:

13 Likes

I don’t have a magickal teacher, I have a magickal faculty! Hekate has taught me that the practice of magick isn’t just something that you do when you want something. It’s a part of your daily life. I’m not saying that I whip out my pendulum at the restaurant when I’m trying to decide between Lomo Saltado or Pollo con Arroz, but I make time to do magick daily. It’s about living a magickal life. Danu has taught me the importance of compassion for myself and others. The books that I read and continue to read are another teacher. I keep a list of the magickal texts that I read, which helps to illustrate my interests but also what I might need to study more. Particpating in the forum, asking questions and answering others has also been a way for me to learn, because the views expressed challenge and prompt me to clarify my own. Finally, there is no substitute for practice itself. Trial and error and try again. See what works.

15 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you for your words of encouragement and I will try. Yes, the challenge brought back many feelings and hurts that I thought I had put to bed. Guess I just put them out of my head for now. Thank you, Bry.

13 Likes

@Susurrus thank you, even though his leaving, it did bring me to all of you, which are so wonderful, understanding, and caring. I am happy that things brought me here.
I miss him, still love him but I realize now that he’s the right one for me. But he was my teacher that spiked my interest in being a witch.

15 Likes

Children, I might be the slightest be prejudiced about Francisco, and am so glad to see him getting the thanks and acknowledgement of his hard work. Spells8 loves and admires you Sensei.
Garnet

I want to thank your X for leading you to us little sister, you’ve already found your way into our hearts with your thirst for knowledge and ability to give in return 3 fold what we give you.
love and blessings.

16 Likes

@Garnet thank you, Barbara I’ve always been a little shy, and when it comes to everyone here at Spells8 you all are helping me come out of my shell and open up more to you all.

14 Likes

We all love you Debra.
G.

14 Likes

Gosh, where do I start! I definitely have to thank my Mom who first exposed me to paganism and let me know as a teenager it was ok to not be like all the other southern girls here in Texas.

I have to thank Red, Ms. Chantelle, and Raven at Raven’s Moon, my local metaphysical shop. They are always warm and welcoming to everyone who enters their shop. They host weekly events ranging from tarot classes and pendulum work to herbalism and crystals. They know tons of information and can always point you in the right direction.

I also have to thank the numerous authors that have poured their heart into their work. Scott Cunningham, Lisa Chamberlain, Mat Auryn, and Ann Moura (Aoumiel) to name a few. There are many more on the list but it would make this too long.

Finally, I have to thank everyone here in the Infinite Roots Coven. I’ve learned so much from everyone here and the sense of community of this group of people from all over the world humbles me. It gives me hope that one day maybe all the world can come together as we have.

15 Likes

You’re making me blush @Rowan! I learn a lot from you too, especially how to be a good friend.

14 Likes

I really had to rack my brain, but I figured out what to do. Scoot Cunningham has provider many oil receipts in his books, but I was having trouble picking one.

I’ve caught Spring Fever and have been wanting to cleanse my apartment, both physically and spiritually.

I cast a circle and called the quarters (something that I don’t do that much any more, but did all the time when all I had was Scott Cunningham’s books). I then opened the windows, and diffused some rosemary, clove, lemon, eucalyptus, and cinnamon essential oils in a Four Thieves blend around my sacred space.

As I did so, I said,
Fiery clove,
watery lemon,
fiery cinnamon,
airy eucalyptus,
and fiery rosemary,
I invoke thy cleansing energy
As the Winter wanes
and Spring begins,
may health and happiness reign around and within

The air began to feel cleaner and more refreshing. I enjoyed some hibiscus tea, since it was Friday, and finished my ritual by saying:
Scott Cunningham,
I thank you for imparting your knowledge to me and many others
I pray that your soul has found peace in the Lands of Summer,
And if your next life has already begun,
I pray that it is full happiness and peace

15 Likes

This is a hard challenge for me. As I never really had anyone guide or teach me. I know that my mom could read palms and bend spoons ( didn’t believe the bending spoons one) and had a great aunt who read tea leaves. But I was never taught if this was based in any folk practice. I learned most from online social media. I also remember reading witchcraft and spell books as a child via my school library.

16 Likes

I really like this challenge! When I was researching info for somewhere I felt like I belonged, I came here and found teachers, friends and family! It began with @Francisco then @BryWisteria I thank you both for your magical knowledge!!
Then it came down to everyone else who made posts here because I learn something each and every time I log on to the site! So, thank you to everyone else! I love you all as family and as teachers!

18 Likes