♀ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Divine Feminine

That is absolutely mesmerizing

12 Likes

Wow. This is wonderful! I love your BoS entries and that pop-up altar is fantastic!
I have been very interested in Egyptian magic recently and Spells8 has great information available.
Are there any books you would recommend, aside from the Isis one you listed, for those of us who are interested in more information about the complete pantheon. I learned about it in 6th grade, but need to refresh quite a bit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn Thank you for your kind words.

I have been obsessed with Egypt since childhood so have done a lot of reading. Others that I have and would recommend are:

These are quite comprehensive in explaining the deities and their mythologies.

Ive also referred to the following to build my practice:

17 Likes

Challenge entry

I’ve been wanting to do something very special for this challenge, but the eclipse energies have been foiling my plans :sweat_smile:

I’ve done plenty of small things though… like it says in the Charge of the Goddess, “all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals” :smiling_face: :sparkling_heart:

I see love everywhere, and where I see love I see the Goddess :white_heart:

While planning for Drawing Down the Moon, I realized something… I have a hard time asking her for things. I trust her to give me what I need in each moment, and to know better what exactly it is that I need. Sometimes it can be a hard lesson that I definitely wouldn’t have asked for, but can see in hindsight to have been just the thing. Instead I want to give her my unconditional love, however it happens to manifest at that moment :pink_heart:

I believe that she has uncountable names and faces, as well as a composite, non-dual form. Like we might look at a single facet of a crystal or the whole stone, or a single tree or plant in a forest, or the whole interconnected macro-organism. Recently I’ve started relating more with her non-dual form that’s just pure love. That’s something I want to channel here with my whole being. :revolving_hearts:

I recognize that because of my own energetic nature and my personal history I can relate much better with divine feminine than divine masculine. That was one reason why Christianity never really appealed to me. Stories with mostly male protagonists and male interests, and a masculine God. I needed something different, and I needed something very personal, and I finally found it in my eclectic mix of tantric witchcraft :wink:

14 Likes

Good luck on learning more about them. Both great choices.

11 Likes

**CHALLENGE ENTRY - The Divine Feminine

Okay - I think I have to agree with @Garnet on surmising that this challenge had so many moving parts that perhaps I needed to take a step back and look at this differently. The Divine Feminine certainly has emotional rollercoasters - and no pun intended on this either. The Divine Masculine was easier to approach given its practicality.

So, for my study I stayed directly with the Divine myths and symbols to see if anything would resonate: The Goddess’ Temple: Myths & Symbols of the Divine Feminine in History – Spells8

My attention caught those Divine Feminine aspects that had triplicities - and came across a very intriguing video that Francisco did on the Triqueta Symbol - it’s history and meaning. This certainly went along with the feminine deities that displayed triplicities - Maiden, Mother, Crone; Water, Air, Earth, et al. I have a statue of Hecate, and one that (just for me) represents the Moon and a woman’s life phase - beautiful statue, along with my favorite onyx crows. I came away with feeling that a feminine deity or spirit is “fluid” given the propensity of her divine nature.

For my practice, I did the Flower Moon Spell and had to substitute the ribbon for a piece of red paper. Prior to writing out my intention - I did the red candle mediation. Because there was a prior full moon, I was able to make moon water - FINALLY! :new_moon_with_face: :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

I am just curious if anyone tried the Tarot card read to see what Deity was reaching out??

Sorry to cut that one short, but because of the time zone difference, I needed to post my entry and did not write down exactly where I saw the Tarot reference, but found this one which is what I did. Just not with the Rider Waite deck. I used Moon Oracle cards.

12 Likes

Challenge Entry - The Divine Feminine

Remember this glass vessel I used to display my flower crown from my Beltane celebration?

It was a rescue from work. Someone at some point had a plan for it but that never happened and was just taking up space and needed a new home. I jumped at the chance. It’s been sitting on my craft desk for a couple of months while I found the perfect stick and then I waited for inspiration to hit.

Which was this week! I took the opportunity to create the terrarium as a chance to work with the Divine Feminine as well. I cleared my space and my energy and set out my tools to put the terrarium together. I chose to call upon Demeter as I worked as she is a connection with the natural world and the cycles of life and death. I tend to create little ecosystems in my terrariums with minimal interference after they are created with soil, plants, water, and springtails.

I picked a Bronze Venus maidenhair fern, a variegated creeping fig, Pink Angel Fittonia (nerve plant), and several different types of moss that I’ve collected over the past year from the woods near my house and around where I work. The rocks were all collected from the trail at work and set in the full moon this week to charge.

Both this and the past challenge were interesting. Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine energies were not something I’d given much thought to before. The quizzes during the last challenge all indicated I had more masculine energy than feminine, which really wasn’t a surprise. But then I started thinking about the goddess I have worked with The Morrigan and Artemis and while I do absolutely see feminine energy in both, I realized they also have strong masculine energy as well. I find that similarity interesting as well as the fact that I have been drawn to them both.

Creating this terrarium was a much-needed hands-in-the-dirt, work-with-nature, there-is-no-wrong kind of project that I needed to clear my head after several incredibly frustrating failed attempts at creating silver memorial paw and noseprint pendants.

14 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
My plans to sort of infuse my space with more Devine Feminine energy didn’t happen in time. Rethinking my energy I started thinking about Lilith.

So many thoughts that I can’t get out right now I have to sort of summarize

She is often thought of as the ideal Devine Feminine. I disagree. I have rather different thoughts of her all together. So many of her darker aspects could be seen in different ways.

Shape shifting to sleep with a woman’s husband could be compared to the things said by a group of women when a woman that they feel threatened by moves into the neighborhood

She’s breathtakingly beautiful and absolute feminine perfection. But she is also strong-willed. She isn’t going to do something just because that is what is expected of a woman. She knows what she wants and isn’t going to do it any other way.

In my opinion, Lilith is a total balance of Devine Feminine and Devine Masculine.

I wish I could get out more than the condensed version but that’s all I can get out

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to everyone who jumped in to explore the Divine Feminine this week! :raised_hands: Whether it was a topic you hold dear in your practice, something completely new, or a particularly challenging theme to explore- thank you so much for taking the time to work through it with the coven this week. It’s been really inspirational reading everyone’s entries! :pray: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :female_sign::sparkles:

11 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

Props and Presents for the Divine Feminine Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

12 Likes

I really love that. It looks beautiful. Something else to add to my list of things to try!

Blessed be

12 Likes

My challenge Entry.
Orphic hymn of Muses
Daughters of memory and life, you are Pierides, great-named, famous, to mortals, wherever you are, intoxicating, multifaceted, of all learning virtues, you are born blameless, you nourish the soul, you correct the intellect, and you teach the mind that is weak. y, aἳ rite to the mortals you showed mystipleutus , I close Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Erato, Polymnia, Ourani, Calliope, with mother and weak goddess Agni. but now, goddesses, mystics, diverse, pure, eucleian zeal, you enjoy the beautiful and highly praised.

12 Likes

@Artemisia I love that you made a terrarium & it looks beautiful! :star_struck: That was a very good idea to use it & the things you put inside too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Nixi even a condensed version of how you feel about Lilith is perfectly fine & a great synopsis of how you feel about & view her! :revolving_hearts:

@AIRAM I love the entry & using the muses for the representation of the Divine Feminine! Even though the challenge is closed & the badges were given out, bookmark this one & tag it or link it to use it for the next Catch Up challenge & you will receive the credit for it :hugs: We should have 1 coming up & then you will still be able to use another entry or entries for the remainder of the Catch Up challenge entries.

11 Likes

For this challenge during the wanning moon I decided to do my own spell this included many Godesses that I felt compelled to write :writing_hand: incantation too. I asked My Godesses to assist me with banishing my negative thoughts and attitudes.
Hecate - Lend me your tourches
Anise
Artemis- Mugwort
Demeter-White Oak
Diana- Rue
Cerce- offering Poison :skull_and_crossbones: Poke Berry
Madea - Sage
I wrote a Speacial incantations to each one of these Godesses and gave them an offering and I only put my herbs together and know I can make something with it. I am not sure what I am going to use it for yet but I bet it smells really great :blush: I just don’t want to use the poke berry I know it’s poison :skull_and_crossbones: so this is only for my self confidence to keep me from doing self sabotage lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love all of your entries sorry I am late :alarm_clock: I really don’t have to have the badge. I just wanted to share, and may all of you be blessed by the Goddess in you!
Blessed be !
Jeannie

13 Likes

@Susurrus Thank you. There is so much that I wish I could have shared but I wasn’t sure if I could get out what I did so I’ll call it a win

10 Likes

@Jeannie1 Thank you for sharing & it was amazing! During the catch-up challenge, if you link back to this one or remind us to bookmark it for it, you will get your badge! You deserve to be able to get one & then you will also be able to do the other entries as well for the Catch up :hugs:

@Nixi I have times like that too & definitely count it as a win :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

What a beautiful ritual that statue of Hecate is gorgeous :cherry_blossom: and The offerings you put together for each goddess are perfect. :sparkles:

11 Likes

I don’t have the time to reply individually to everyone, but please know that I read every single entry! :heart: There were so many amazing, informative, and beautiful entries for this challenge :hibiscus: :female_sign:

11 Likes