♀ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Divine Feminine

Hi Heav3n,
I just posted this exact same quote to another one of our Sister Witches, but I have read a lot on Hecate and never heard this statement. I thought it was worth reposting it here to you.

" It is Very Important That Once You Leave The Crossroad That You NEVER Look Back. You may hear her footsteps or her dogs. Keep going and looking straight ahead. Hecate is a Goddess that works best if you develop a relationship with her. You can set up an altar for her and leave offerings. Working with her can be rewarding, amazing, and life changing. " (MythicTreasures@Gmail.com, Susan Stephens, 2023)

Blessed Be,
Medea

11 Likes

It is such a wonderful feeling when something resonates with you! I have known my whole life I was different. This also comes from strangers telling me I was “special”. I found out that on my mom’s side of the family that they were Witches. My son’s girlfriend told my son the first time I met her that I come from a family of Witches.

Anyhow, please do keep us posted. Blessed Be,
Medea

11 Likes

Thank you for putting that website down for us. That is one of my favorites! It is so very informational with many resources to learn from.

Blessed Be as always,
Medea

11 Likes

@Medea This is a beautiful exploration of two goddesses and how you manifest Divine Feminine energy with in your practice- you always put so much care and thought into your entries, Medea, and I just want to say that I really appreciate the work you do! This was a delight to read and is a great resource for another who wishes to work with Hecate and/or Freya. Thank you so much for sharing! :heart: :grinning:

@Susurrus First things first, I have to say that I’m with Medea- I owe you one for recommending Loner Wolf! They have a lot of fun and interesting content :blush: As for your challenge entry here, wow! I love how you dove into what the Divine Feminine means to you- both as a mighty force on its own, and also how it compliments and intertwines with the Divine Masculine. There’s a lot of great ideas and inspiration here- thank you so much for this wonderful entry, Siofra! :two_hearts:

@Heav3n The Universe called and you answered- good for you for jumping into the class, Heav3n! I hope you enjoy it- blessed studies! :open_book: :grinning:

@AileyGrey You’ve really come to know yourself and your practice, Ailey! It takes a lot of power to be able to choose the things that resonate with you, set aside the things that don’t, and build a beautiful practice that truly represents who you are- I’m so proud of you! :heart: Your Mary statue is really beautiful- She has such a gentle and loving energy about Her. And I really like the Celestial Harmonies music- it is really relaxing to listen to :smiling_face: :notes: Thank you so much for sharing your lovely entry- it was a delight to read!

11 Likes

The Divine Feminine Challenge Entry

For me, every time I hear the term “Divine Feminine” I think of my mother. I adored her. So this entry is dedicated to her and all the Divine Mothers out there!

Ingredients:
Wand
Pentacle
Rose petals or hibiscus dried
Cinnamon
A drop of mineral oil*
Olive or vegetable oil
One Pink or white candle

Procedure:
Consider performing this ritual during Venus time or on a Friday.
Cast your circle
While envisioning YOUR image of The Divine Feminine, lift up your candle. With your wand write, “Divine Feminine” on it and place it in the center of the pentacle.
Continue this vision, as you lift the wand and, turning it in circles around the candle, say three times:
“The Divine Feminine, I call to thee,
Wisdom and goodness**,
Impart unto me.”
Holding the image firmly in mind, light the candle imagining the flame dancing in feminine energy
Then imagine that energy enveloping you
With that energy surrounding you, place your essential oil ingredients in a container.
Swirl the filled container over the candle three times and imagine that the feminine energy is infusing the oils and the ingredients.
Meditate on the Divine Feminine energy that covers the altar, the essential oil and you for as long as you’d like.
Close the circle.

After three days have passed (or for the length of time you intuit after three days), straining the ingredients and place the oil back into the container. The ingredients can now be placed on the altar or used in further devotional or love magic, as it is now charged.

Use this essential oil on yourself or objects whenever you wish to be reminded of The Divine Feminine.

*White petrolatum (Petroleum jelly) can be used in place of mineral oil just be sure to dissolve it by thinning it in the oil before beginning the ritual. This is done by taking the amount of petrolatum you wish to use and adding a drop of the oil and mixing. Each time adding more oil till the petrolatum is dissolved.
**Here you can substitute the Divine Feminine attributes that resonate more strongly with you. For example, if gentle kindness or maternal love is how you envision this energy, use those terms instead. Also, you may want to use ALL the attributes for each rendition of this line. So first rendition - fertility and love, second - gentle kindness, third - intuition and emotional stability, etc.

Thank you for this fantastic challenge!

13 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria! That means so much! I really feel like I’m coming into my own. I\m very proud of myself too!

@Wysteria_Norn, LOVE this!! My mama is pretty magical too!

11 Likes

@AileyGrey I had only briefly touched on Mary Magadelene previously & you inspired me to dig a little deeper. Wow! I even wound up in a conversation about her with my husband who went to Catholic schools starting in 6th grade. So it was very interesting to read how certain aspects & beliefs came to be through different Christianity based religions. Thank you for the inspriation to look more into her! :hugs: I learned a lot & see what you mean about different theories of her role. :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

@Siofra_Strega She can definitely take you down the rabbit hole! I’m glad she brought you some great discussion and you got to learn a little about her! I think she’s pretty awesome.

11 Likes

Thank you for your enlightening and kind words. Like I said (I think) I won my lawsuit and now I feel as though I can now go forward. I blame all this positivity on Spells 8 and my Sister Witches…BLESSED BE!!!

Much Love :tree_of_life: :tree_of_life: :revolving_hearts: :woman_mage: :cat2:

11 Likes

Ah yes thank you @AileyGrey!

& also you’re very welcome @BryWisteria & @Medea & @Heav3n… along with anyone else who has found some good things & assistance from Loner Wolf.

I really enjoy it & have learned a lot from it. I use & go through parts of it with my therapist at times depending on what I am working on or comes up that goes with what we may be talking about during our appointments. :hugs:

10 Likes

This is an excellent detailed, knowledgeable, informational with experience in this Challenge. Very inspiring!

Blessed Be,
Medea

"Nana reminds us as women… Don’t give up your power! (spells8, Ancient_Queen)

9 Likes

Wysteria_Norn

I am all over this. I cannot do that this Friday, but I can gather the ingredients at the local Mistic Treasure shop this weekend. Thank you for this.

Blessed Be,
Medea

Profile - Wysteria_Norn - The Spells8 Forum)Witch

11 Likes

challenge entry pt 2
So been thinkibg about all this and this was my brainstorm from part 1.
There is one idea stemming from the dice project and that was to make dice related to each deity and the topic ie herbs and plants, runes, liminal spaces, noon phases, astrology signs, wheel of rhe year as well as oghams and other topics of interest. I would love to create own cards on app with decks but not found one could do. But this dice idea gives me a basic other option. Id just need to associate the meanins to the reading and decide what dice need n if want to create a dice mat to roll dice onto. Tgis is my project. Ive started alreafy on different thread on divination in different ways but this defibatly something want to try continue since found something can use for lots of topics. I’ll just need to write my own guide book :joy:

From part 1
“Brigid - herbalism and green/kitchen magic for healing
Freya- runes, selfcare /beauty magic
Rhiannon - liminal work
Cerridwen - moon work,
Arianhod - astronomy and wheel of year
Nematona - ogham and hearth magic”

13 Likes

Challenge Entry

Crystal is the calmest dragon that I have ever worked with. She is as calm as a still pond on a sunny day and I had to concentrate to feel her energy. I asked her for a more obvious sign of her presence and after several minutes, I felt a “nudge” or a “poke” on my right arm. I wrote a spell for a creativity with her. As always, feel free to add it to your BOS or alternate it in any way to suit your needs!

Draconic Spell for Creativity

You will need:

• Cauldron
  • Fresh water
  • Twelve cleansing crystals such as clear quartz or selenite (twelve for the full moons in a year)
  • Three crystals for creativity such carnelian, citrine, or tiger’s eye (three for the triple goddess)
  1. Full a cauldron with fresh water.

2. Form a circle of clear quartz or selenite (or any cleansing crystal) around the cauldron.

3. For this ritual, we will be working with Crystal, supporter of the Indigo and Crystal children. She encourages us to let go, to daydream, to “think outside the box” and let the inspiration flow through us. You can call on her whenever you are feeling a creative block. Invoke her by saying:
    Crystal, dragon of many colors—
    red, green, yellow, and blue,
    I humbly call to you
    You are my inspiration, the source of my creation,
    Please join me in peace and harmony

4. Take the crystals for creativity in your hands and washing the with the water in cauldron.

5. Say:
    I wash away all blockages to my creativity,
    I ebb and flow like the river,
    I dance in perfect rhythm,
    let inspiration and activity flow through me, so mote it be

6. Dry the crystals and carry them with you whenever you are working on a creative project.

18 Likes

:woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage:

10 Crystals for The Devine Feminine

Here is a list of crystals that I believe best connect with the Devine Feminine & Female Energy

• Amazonite

• Amethyst

• Carnelian

• Chrysocolla

• Jade

• Jasper

• Labradorite

• Moonstone

• Rose Quartz

• Selenite

(this is not a comprehensive list)

:woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage: :woman_mage:

14 Likes

@Kasandra I love your description of Crystal :smiling_face: I’m so happy that you were able to connect with her & had a lovely spell too! :revolving_hearts:

@Missa always great to see you in the forum! :hugs: I can agree with those crystals & I actually have each of them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Those are some of my favorites!

@Wysteria_Norn that’s wonderful that this is such a connection to your mother & it sounds like a lovely oil to use to connect with the Divine Feminine too!

@Phoenix_Fire thank you for sharing the Goddesses & their Divine Feminine attributes that you connect with! :blush:

11 Likes

Reflecting upon last week’s challenge, it became apparent to me that most of the deities I work with are male; the main 2 being Osiris and Horus. I have on occasion also worked with Thoth and Anubis for specific purposes. It can become very male dominated upon my altar but I would consider my energy to tip more to the divine femine. This figures as there is one female deitiy who remains on my altar permanently…Isis. Therefore, I wanted to share a bit about her in the hope that it may encourage others to consider her strengths and abilities and also how I work with her in my practice.

Her Mythology
Isis (Auset) possessed a level of magical power and wisdom beyond any other deity in the Egyptian Pantheon, including that of her great grandfather, the Sun God Ra. He ruled over the Earth but his scorching heat made it impossible for life to flourish. Isis attempted to persuade him to move to the sky but he refused. Isis knew that the only way therefore was to force him to move.

She formed a snake from clay mixed with her great grandfather’s spit and placed it in his path. The snake bit Ra and he failed to cure himself because the poison was formed from his own spit. He turned to his great granddaughter, already a skilled magician herself.

Isis offered to cure him but only if Ra revealed to her his secret name. This name protected him and gave him his power and magic. Revealling it would make Isis equally or even more powerful than him abd reveal to her the secrets of the universe. Ra tried to trick Isis by using some of his epithets but she didn’t fall for his trickery. Ra gave in and uttered his secret name. Isis used her magic to cure Ra in the knowledge that she was now more powerful than he was. This paved the way for Isis to rule on Earth with her beloved husband (and brother) Osiris.

We see her devotion, love, healing and magic powers through her pursuit to find her murdered husbands body and bring him back to life. She hunts around the land, finding 13 pieces and placing them back together to form the first mummy before.magically bring her beloved back to life. Missing a piece of his body (needed to concieve a child), Isis forms one using her magic and they concieve Horus, who will one day rule over the land of Egypt.

Her Importance
Isis (Auset - meaning queen of the throne) was very important to the Ancient Egyptians because of her range of power and influences. She was the protector of women and the loving mother, as shown by her raising and protecting Horus. She also brought fertility, in the literal sense buy also through the initiation of the annual Nile floods which brought fertile soil to the land. She healed, she protected, she was a powerful magician, she cured illness, she held vast amounts of inner knowledge and knew the secrets of the universe. She was a goddess of life and of death. Isis was the embodiment of every positive feminine energy…a truly divine feminine. Such was her Importance that her influence spread beyond the boundaries of Egypt, into Greece and even to Rome, long after the Egyptians had fallen.

My practice
Isis is part of my daily practice. She is permanently on my altar and each day I welcome and invite her to be part of my day. Each evening, I light a white candle in her honour. I keep fresh flowers behind her image as an offering. I say a short prayer each morning as well as give her thanks at night before extinguishing her candle.

Her are my BoS pages about Isis:

I have a set of orcale cards (the Auset Oracle) which I draw each morning. Before doing so, I ask Auset to wrap her wings around me and assist me in choosing, interpreting and implanting the card I need most.

I also have a “pop up” Isis altar that I use when I want to work with her alone

I use this meditation to “contact” Isis. At first I didn’t see her but now I see (and hear) her clearly as I journey to her temple in this meditation.

More info
I read this fantastic book. It covers her Mythology, worship and rituals abd taught me a lot. If you are interested in finding out more about Isis, I’d recommend it.

This website also has a huge range of interesting articles

Blessed be

Alan

14 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity I’m always so intrigued by the information you provide & the images. Plus the BOS pages you create are amazing too! This is a lot of great information on Isis & I love learning about the Egyptian pantheon when you post about it :hugs:

10 Likes

@Siofra_Strega Aww thank you so much. I am pleased that you find the information interesting and useful. Its nice to hear that you enjoy learning from my posts too!

Thanks you and blessed be

Alan

10 Likes

I was sure how to approach this challenge so I took this as a sign to do the lesson on the goddesses and learn about them!

14 Likes