šŸŽ° Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Fortune Teller's Game

Challenge Entry #4 - The Fortune Tellerā€™s Game (potions)
ā€œLights, Beverage, Focus!ā€
Ingredients:

• 1 cup of green tea
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon of matcha powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
  • A pinch of cinnamon

Instructions:

1. Brew a cup of green tea according to the instructions on the tea bag.
  2. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, matcha powder, grated ginger, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
  3. Add a small amount of the brewed green tea to the saucepan and stir well to dissolve the ingredients.
  4. Pour the remaining green tea into the saucepan and stir well.
  5. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
  6. Reduce the heat and let the potion simmer for 5-10 minutes.
  7. Remove the potion from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
  8. Pour the potion into a cup and drink it while itā€™s still warm.

This magical potion will help improve your focus and concentration, thanks to the caffeine in the green tea and the antioxidants in the matcha powder. The ginger and cinnamon will also help stimulate your brain and improve cognitive function. Enjoy!

11 Likes

@discobot roll 1d10

8 Likes

:game_die: 7

6 Likes

For ā€œThe Fortune Tellerā€™s Gameā€ challenge I was rolled a 7!

:game_die: :game_die: :game_die: :game_die: :game_die: :game_die: :game_die:

ā€œLucky number 7- is that a ka-ching I just heard? Money is in your future this week- the fates have chosen financial spellwork for you! :moneybag:ā€

For this challenge I definitely believe it fits me good! I got a promotion at my job last week so Iā€™ve been very happy about that. I want to include some info on what kind of crystals can help you attract wealth, success, and prosperity!

• Green Aventurine :green_circle:
  • Malachite :green_circle:
  • Pyrite :coin:
  • Tigers Eye :tiger:
  • Citrine :yellow_circle:
  • Jade :green_circle:
  • Amazonite :large_blue_circle: :green_circle:
  • Emerald :green_circle:
  • Garnet :red_circle:
  • Clear Quartz :white_circle:
12 Likes

Challenge Entry

I was a little bit bummed to roll Kitchen Magic. I really donā€™t identify with being a kitchen witch, but I decided that maybe I needed to think on things to see why the universe wanted me to focus there. So, I put my big girl pants on and dove right in.

I started with deep cleaning my kitchen Our kitchen is pretty small and is definitely well used, so itā€™s always in need of a good scrub. I sprayed some smudging spray and took a few minutes to appreciate the fact that I have so many gadgets to make cooking and kitchen tasks easier and the fact that our family has an abundance of healthy food to eat and that we are surrounded by many mouths to feed.

On Sunday, I woke up to a dreadfully dreary day. I wake up on weekends way early so I can have the house to myself. There was thunder rumbling, rain pouringā€¦ it was divine. I brewed some coffee and enjoyed listening to the rain while I prepped some honey graham bread to bake in my breadmaker. I thought about how many witches before me prepped dough and spent so much time making bread daily and how lucky I am to be able to toss some ingredients into the breadmaker and turn it on. I also made some homemade honey butter with honey from the hive we had removed from our house awhile ago. It was yummy. Once the bread was finished, we topped it with the honey butter and homemade fig preserves. It was a great treat for a dreary day!

We also had guests coming over on Sunday to play (kid playdate, but mom and I get along great too) so I chopped up some fruit and veggies and crackers and such, as well as a few sweets, and set some tea to brew before they arrived. It was great for the kids to have some grab and go snacks, and the tea was another delightful treat on a dreary day. Also, it made out guests feel very welcome.

The thing that really sunk in as I tottled in the kitchen this week is that, whether I like it or not, the kitchen is the heartbeat of our home. We do so much work there to enhance the atmosphere of our home. We are a busy family and sometimes the kitchen is a disaster (read that most of the time the kitchen is a disaster), but everyone is fed, watered, and treated there with love.

And, as much as I donā€™t identify as a kitchen witch, I noticed that I really do tend to do a lot of things: homemade fig preserves that taste like summer in March, warm homemade bread, homemade honey butter, tea, coffee, everyoneā€™s favorite treats. Maybe Iā€™m more of a kitchen witch than I thought! ā€¦ I still hate to cook though!

11 Likes

Challenge Entry - Hedge Witch Magick

What is a Hedge Witch? This term was used to name wise women and healers that lived beyond the boundaries of their community, or ā€œbeyond the hedge.ā€ Most hedge witches are solitary and travel the spiritual realm (dream walking, astral projection, communicating with spirits, etc.). There are no formal initiations, no rules to follow, and no crowds to please. As a hedge witch, you use your instincts and experiences to build on the knowledge of your ancestors and create your own unique style of practice.

My practice is about energy and intention. I believe in the power of both nature and nurture. My home is my sacred space and I use what I have on hand, modifying it myself or borrowing from nature.

One of the first things I do at the beginning of a quarter as a hedge witch is do a check-in with my homeā€™s energy. I move throughout each area and see how I feel about each one. Is it positive or negative? peaceful and calm or chaotic and challenging to navigate, both physically and emotionally? While my home is my safe space, it does need cleaning every once in a while. Here is my full process that I do once a quarter (more if I feel it is needed).

1. I start off with a meditation, usually a ā€œcleansingā€ one, aiming to quiet my mind and focus on my feeling around my living spaces. I give myself some time to relax and seek out harmony disruptors (bad memories, complicated relationships, the narrative we have about the home we are living in vs. the home we wish we had). I ask myself What can I do to bring harmony into my home?
  2. Now that I have my intent set, I clear the energy of my space. I use either a dried herb bundle or incense. I first wave the smoke over my body to cleanse myself. I thank the First People (the Indigenous stewards of the land upon which my home is built):

I begin today by acknowledging the First People, traditional Custodians of the land upon which I reside today, and pay my respects to their Elders, past and present.

1. I then walk through my space and fan the smoke into all areas:

Into this smoke I do release
All energies that disturb my peace
Begone animosity and doubt
You were inside; now please move out.

1. Now that my space is cleanse, I then set up a protective shield. A common way I do this is by casting a circle around my home. I create a circle of protection powder around my whole RV. While I am creating the circle, I recite:

Around my space, these boundaries firm, enter only on my terms.

1. I then take time to physically clean and declutter my space. I sprinkle black salt into the corners of my home and on my carpet. I also have a protection spray that I mist periodically. I start with moon water and add my favorite EOs at the time - currently on a lavender and lemongrass kick.
  2. Lastly, I update my altar. I will take everything off and wipe the area clean (both physically and spiritually). I then place a clean altar cloth down and add my items back as I am drawn to do so. I generally have seasonal flowers as well as some seasonal decorations. I always have my deity statues (Selene, the Spiral Goddess, and the Horned God), elemental representations, and a pentacle. Other items I might have are my athame and boline, my wand, crystals, offering bowls/plates/cups, and bones. I currently have two crescent moon dishes (one white and one black) that sit on my altar. I use these to place jewelry and crystals to charge overnight.
12 Likes

@discobot roll 1d10

8 Likes

:game_die: 6

5 Likes

I have to humble myself and say that Iā€™ve got nothing :sweat_smile:
I love the elements dearly, but somehow the timing just wasnā€™t right. Weā€™ll see if I can do this one as a catch-up challenge later. :heart:

9 Likes

Weekly challenge Entry.

I rolled 8.

I donā€™t have a lot of different experiences because Iā€™m still fairly new. With that being said, I absolutely love these challenges because I learn something new every week.

I never realized there were so many different types of witches. As I started to read and study up about hedge witches I got super excited. I find myself wanting to know more! Thank you for these challenges. I feel like I am learning so much more than what I would have on my own!

10 Likes

@jacky type out the words the way are pasted instead & it should do the roll for you :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Challenge entry
I rolled a 7. Prosperity magic.

I have the book by Sasha Graham 365 Tarot Spells.

There is a spell for financial security that includes a yam, 4 Pennieā€™s, mint, justice, 4 of pentacles, 10 of pentacles, the magician. I have all of the ingredients.

My son is going to do the spell with me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We have decided to wait to do the actual spell until March 23 when it is a waxing moon for growth and a Thursday, which is a good day for money spells.
I am so excited!

10 Likes

Challenge Entry:

I have the Number 2.

The past week I have worked with meditations, candles, and crystals. Each day I have made sure Iā€™ve stayed in a routine of manifesting good habits. I lit certain colored candles with certain crystals on certain days and did a daily meditation. I read more into candle magick and colored candles and meanings. Everyday in different rooms of my house I have lit a certain colored candle for each day. I was able to get my family more involved in my positive energy, which made me extremely happy. Everyday someone asked what this colored candle means and what does that color mean? Whatā€™s todayā€™s color? I LOVE that theyā€™re intrigued to know what Iā€™m doing. Any other time I canā€™t get these teenagers to hang out with me or care for what Iā€™m doing! HAHAHA. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BUT:

My boyfriend joined me in one of my meditations and that is saying a lot. Heā€™s not a big fan of anything ā€œwitchā€ related he would say. However, heā€™s seen the way the meditations have been affecting meā€¦and in a good way. He has seen a difference so much that he asked to meditate with me one night!!! THIS IS A LOT FOR HIM! Yes, he giggled some, BUT it made it even better!!! It was so nice meditating next to him, with crystals, breathing, and seriously having his interest into something Iā€™m passionate about. Iā€™ve been cleansing my house, myself, and everything around that I can. He hasnā€™t been making fun of my ā€œrocks around the house.ā€ Heā€™s been very respectful if he moves my candles/crystals around to clean or do whatever. Iā€™ve noticed meditating has made me more calm, aware, and in the moment.

I really enjoyed the peace of mind, alone time, and results that I have gotten from meditation this past week. :blush:

10 Likes

The Fortune Tellerā€™s Game :game_die: Entry

Fate gave me number 9! Kitchen Magick would not have been my first choice. :rofl: So, Iā€™ve taken a lot of time to think about this and an idea just popped into my head just a few minutes ago. :thinking: :bulb: :zap:

So, if Kitchen Magick is all about spellwork in the kitchenā€¦ I mix up all my Magick Potions on the kitchen counter. Does that count? And I make my potions using Essential Oils and herbs, flowers, crystals, etc. I add CBD and/or THC (which is legal here in Colorado) to my pain cream, which includes: Frankincense, Immortelle, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Copaiba, and Wintergreen.

I have a Vanilla essential oil, that I like to add to tea, just 1 drop! Essential oils are very strong so it doesnā€™t take much. A drop of Ginger makes a lovely Ginger tea, as does a drop of peppermint, both help to calm digestive issues.

When I was young, I learned how to make homemade pumpkin pies from scratch. She was such a good cook! Anyway, now I have essential oils (Cinnamon, Ginger, and Cinnamon) that I can flavor the pies with instead of the pumpkin spice mix. I love to use Hazelnut milk in the pies because it adds a really nice flavor but itā€™s hard to find in the US.

I do use essential oils in many recipes, but the ones I do use are safe for internal use. Many oils are not, so please be careful. I always read the label, so if it says do not use it on your skin, then I donā€™t want to use it for aromatherapy either. Please be cautious with Essential Oils.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Oh shitā€¦me too! I just could not find time for this lovely challenge! :pensive: I was so looking forward for the financial spellwork! I have never ever done it before. But I guess I will have to do this in the catch-up! :heart:

8 Likes

All of this is magickal Marsha!! :face_holding_back_tears: :heart_eyes: :sparkles: Wish I could just get a taste of the pumpkin pies though! :wink: :drooling_face: :pie:

8 Likes

Soo beautiful! :sob: I just looove the part where you meditated with you boyfriend beside you! :face_holding_back_tears: You are soooo lucky, love! I seriously pray that you get to have such an experience more frequently! Blessed be with shining and shimmering light! :sparkles:

9 Likes

This is just moon-magickal! :crescent_moon: :sparkles: Best of luck with your sweet prosperity spell! :hugs: :pentacle_tarot:

9 Likes

Wow you got hedge witch!? :heart_eyes: I looove that one area of witchcraft!! :star2: Good luck with your research and may you enjoy every moment as you learn much more! :hugs: :heart:

9 Likes

This is more thanā€¦magickal!! Gosh! My dear, you gave me the bestest ideas to take up hedge magick, myself! Thank youuu Amaris! :hugs: :hearts: :sparkles:

9 Likes