💯 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Hundredth Challenge

I am looking forward to them

10 Likes

It totally makes sense! I love old photos. My husband laughs because when we go to antique or oddity stores, one of the things I stop to look at is any old photos they have. One place we went had shelves full of boxes of old photos. They ranged from early days of photography to probably mid-80s. They even had some post-mortem photos from the Victorian era! I look at them at try to image what they were like, what their lives were like, what hardships they went through. It makes me appreciate the little things in my life.

10 Likes

I’m going to have to update my spreadsheet!

10 Likes

Entry #2
I chose to have a mug of iced lemon balm tea before working on some other things. I chose lemon balm, in part because I grow it and dried some from last year’s crop as well as for its calming effects.

From my herb garden

Did you know that Lemon Balm Melissa officinalis is a trophoresorative? That means it can help restore an exhausted nervous system? I hadn’t until today when I did some digging into Lemon Balm.

Since we are back in another heat wave, I chose to infuse my tea with hot water and a bit of sweetener. Then once it was properly steeped add some ice before drinking.

I found a lovely website afterward that gives instructions for making cold infusions in addition to hot. I think next time, I will try some fresh leaves in a pitcher of water!

(Image source: Kat Sanchez https://gardenerspath.com/plants/herbs/lemon-balm-tea/ )

14 Likes

I did not know that but now I’m on the hunt for some that I can use in tea!! As an empath as well as a migraine sufferer, I need to have this on hand! I would grow my own but the Texas heat is killing all of my plants this year, even some of my succulents are having a hard time!

9 Likes

Third Entry: I will combine them into one post from here on out to avoid spamming this thread. I just had unexpected free time and was inspired to work on challenges this morning!

I chose to do a Green Candle Meditation. I feel like I have been withdrawn and feeling weak and unmotivated lately and NEED to kick myself out of this funk! I know what I need to do, I’m just having trouble motivating myself/not procrastinating.

I gathered my tools, dressed the candle in frankincense oil and placed it in a fireproof container (on a wooden coaster), and filled the vessel with salt. I added the feather :feather: that I found on my morning run as it seemed appropriate. After finishing my tea, I lit the candle, held my green adventurine heart, and clicked start on the meditation.

I will admit I was very pleasantly surprised to have another guided meditation take me into a field and forest. It’s honestly one of my favorite places in real life and is easy for me to bring clearly to my mind’s eye. I chose to keep my eyes open but fixed on the flame during the entirety of the meditation. I chose to set my intention firmly in regard to my business, thanked mother earth, and extinguished the candle.

I did jot some quick notes in my BoS / All Purpose Magickal Journal just to put thoughts to paper (reality).

I’ve got a few more ideas and some energy left today so I may work on a couple more. Otherwise, I’ll tackle them tomorrow or Monday. Weekends are much too busy for me to eek time out for this.

9 Likes

I know I said that I was only going to do three challenges, but I decided to add one more to the list: The Thrifty Witch :dollar:! A while back, I posted that I was going to buy a dragon dish for my offerings, but they’re currently out of stock and may not be in stock again for some time. I have always thought that maple trees were the dominant tree in my area, but I noticed that we have about the same number (if not more) oak trees. And I thought, “Why not place some oak leaves on my altar and put my offerings on them?”

9 Likes

That’s a lovely idea @Kasandra!

8 Likes

That’s so awesome @Amethst congratulations :partying_face: :tada:

:heart:

11 Likes

:cup_tarot: As part of my challenges, I am going to try to go out of my comfort zone and offer free tarot readings for 3 people. I am still learning but I know that practice makes perfect.

:pentacle_tarot: While I have never read tarot for anyone other than myself, I would ask that if you are interested - please message me directly with your question or if you don’t have a question for a general read.

:wand_tarot: Please NO health or medical questions/concerns or YES/NO questions.

:cat2:I will be using The Grimalkin deck for these readings.

:sword_tarot: It may take me a little bit to get back to you privately, but I will send a picture of the spread and my reading. I would ask for feedback as to how you felt the reading answered your question or fit your situation so I grow and learn from this as well!

:tarot_card: Yikes!!! Now I’m excited and nervous!!! But let’s give this a try!

10 Likes

Wow, this is exciting! It feels like destiny that I saw this post, because I was just checking out some old Witchy Challenges. I completed the Symbols & Sigils challenge earlier today. Using the Sigil Engine, since I’m a newbie still learning how to draw them, I made 2 sigils:

• “I am calm”
  • “I have energy”

Pictures below:

9 Likes

This sounds so beautiful! Wow. And yet, if you still long for a dragon dish, I hope you get one some day.

9 Likes

Your pictures are so lovely. They bring us on a journey. I love how you’re using such natural tools, glass, etc. It’s very beautiful and calming to look at.

8 Likes

wow love your painting!

8 Likes

:100: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Hundredth Challenge

Entry for:shield: Powerful Protection – ‘Powerful Protector’ Badge

As a ‘once upon a time Christian’ whenever I was afraid, I would recite the Lord’s Prayer. I had nightmares that I was being attacked by evil and when this would happen I would repeat the prayer over and over and over

Over the years I have learned many different forms of protection. One of the things I used to do was to place invisible air sharks around my home to keep the evil away.

I recently found a visualization by Autumn Storm, Sacred Haven Coven, to protect your home. So, for my entry, I am sharing the page I created for my Book of Shadows.

Spider Web Protection.pdf (171.1 KB)

11 Likes

Entry for Chaos magic

The first one, I don t know if I am doing it right but the word chaos magic kept going round my mind. Then I saw what happened to the sigil I made out of my birthday and name. You know I used it for my protection circle with the clear kristal point on the eye, surrounded by obsidians, lights and sunflowers.
The original one looked like this.

And I wrote my name on it.
The color was orange, color of the second chakra, element water. The sunflowers were wet because I laid them in a basket of water as long as I did nt use it. I did nt notice it earlier but water was spilled on the sigil and now it looked like this

My name disappeared and it looked to me like flames around the drawing. I also felt the urge to make it yellowisch
Chaos magic has no rules I read. Ha! I like that! Just combining things so I did and made it like this

The thoughts I had with this one. “ water made air ( sigil) into fire.
This is what really happened . Because I felt so emotional, vulnerable, I knew I had to change my perception of me, how I see myself, present myself, and therefore I had to use fire, a strong willful energy.
Also my name dissolved in the drawing, and changed into fire like figures. It dissolves in something bigger and less personal.
This to has happened. By making myself little I made in fact my ego bigger because it was trapped, it couldn’t flow and grow into something bigger. And now it did, by being strong and willful and standing up I made space.

I have never really looked into this type of magic so I am not sure if I understand it the way it is meant to be. I used an unforeseen happening and made it my own. Turned it around. I did’nt plan it. And I do like it when things like this happen and I can find meaning in it :blush:

13 Likes

My second challenge will be working with higher powers.

And I choose not to work with a deity but I will work with the energy of the great central sun. I don’t know why or how but I always knew this was very different than our sun, the sun of our solar system. So very bright and so much energy. When I imagine this sun I can feel it making me lighter, brighter and I am so much wiser, loving. It really changes me . But I often don’t think about it, forget, or I just can’t reach it.
So I challenge myself, tomorrow when I wake up, it will be the first thing I do. I will meditate, visualize and command this energy to come closer and flow through me. I will fill myself up with it, into my body, my cells, my grounding, and my aura. And then I will ask what it wants me to know, to do , to see, to understand.
And ofcourse I will share my experience and see if I can find a picture which does right to it

10 Likes

You are amazing @Amethyst!

9 Likes

Thanks, @marsha! :blush:

Oh gosh, taint nothin! LOL! Thanks, love!

9 Likes

Challenge working with higher powers

To get more in touch with this energy I used this meditation. You can download it for free at the Orin and Daben website. If this meditation is to long you can also download shorter ones. I choose this one because of the title . These are channeled meditations Orin: The Dawning of a New Light
Then I reached out my arms above me and say “ I call on the energy of the great central sun, and I ask it to flow through me” I imagine this bright sparkling light above my head, and try to feel it with my hands. Then I use my hands to guide this light going down, very slowly. I feel it getting warm and bright and tingling above my head and concentrate on visualizing this light and feeling it at the same time while I guide it with my hands down through my whole body. Until I get to my feet. When I was doing it I saw the image of a stone circle, a holy place. I imagined myself in it. Then I ask the light to flow through my body cells. This felt like champagne bubbles.
Then I ask the light to connect with my grounding. To flow through my roots, I felt warmth under my feet and then and connect with my earth star. It became very hot under my feet!
I visualized my earth star as a big bowl of light, shining bright. I saw a bit pink coming through.
Part of this energy goes further down to the center of the earth where all roots from every other being comes together.
And part of it comes back to me trough my feet back up into my body, where it goes where it needs to shine.
Then I ask this light to connect and flow through my chakra’s. I breathed with this light in every chakra. While I did this I felt a warm glow in everyone of them.
And at last I ask this energy fo fill up my aura.

I feel completely energized!

Now I am asking this light some questions.
I ask if there is anything important that it wants me to know

I need to stay in this bubble. And then breath into my heart and breath it out outside of me. I breath it out to you, all of you here on this forum. I see figures, can’t exactly see what, look like sigils. Soft colors in blue and pink. Gold now. Every color comes along but soft pastel colors.
Now I see a very bright big crystal shining in the middle of this forum shining every site like a watchtower.
You can imagine it to make the connection stronger. It is there for everyone and it can connect everyone.

This is it. I am going to ground myself and get back to my day to day life. Have to clean my houseđŸ€Ș

Love to all of you

11 Likes