✍ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Wizardry of Words

Wonderful words @NickWick! I always love reading your posts.

9 Likes

Here I go ‘ gotta start somewhere right.
I do wanna thank you guys …
Just Thank You
:cupid:

13 Likes

:cherry_blossom::art::blossom: so good :cupid:

9 Likes

A warm welcome to you, @Taliya :heart: Thanks for joining the challenge- it definitely sounds like a theme that aligns with your witchy talents! :sparkles: Your Luck Spell is loaded with good energy and fortunate wishes- it was a delight to read! I love poetry and am always thrilled to read more witchy works- I would be honored to read your seasonal Sabbat poems if you are okay with sharing them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Welcome back, @NickWick! :sparkles: So sorry to hear about your headaches- I hope you are feeling much better now :pray: I know from previous challenges and posts that you are blessed with a talent for writing- thank you for once again sharing your lovely words with the coven! :raised_hands: I am sure your BOS is a true masterpiece. Thanks for sharing! :two_hearts:

Gorgeous book- so much information! I love how you use the symbols, @steph. And I know the feeling- some of my oldest journals were “lost” along the way, as a younger version of me was too embarrassed by my old writing :sweat_smile: Good thing humor grows with age- the current me would love to look back at the old journals, laugh, and appreciate how far I’ve come! :grin::open_book:

9 Likes

Thank you so much @Amethyst :hugs:

8 Likes

A beautiful star @steph! Way to go!

You’re welcome! :smiley:

Everyone, I’m looking for inspiration on what kind of prayer to write this weekend so I thought I’d ask if there’s anything you’d like to see. I can’t promise to write all the prompts but I’d love to hear what you’d like.

10 Likes

I’ve been enjoying this challenge so far! I was inspired to do the Spells8 Book of Mirrors Course and begin keeping a book of mirrors. I took the time to really sit down and decide what kind of format I want to use for my Book of Shadows/grimoire, Book of Mirrors, and any random notes/thoughts I want to write down.

I decided to go with how I currently keep my life organized: Bullet Journal Style. I decided just to have one notebook that contains everything. I have one notebook that serves as my notebook, grimoire/BoS, and Book of Mirrors. I add entries as I go along, and keep a running table of contents (Index, in Bullet Journal lingo) so that I can easily find whatever I’m looking for.

I recently got EXTRA into herbs, and began exploring my yard to see what all I could find. So far, I’ve found several kinds of plantain, red deadnettles, and of course, dandelions. Another thing I’d like to do this week is start researching and taking notes in my OmniBook™ on the various plants in my yard to see what I can collect to do WitchyStuff™ with! :star_struck:

11 Likes

My witch name is Joan after Arc yes but also my mortal idol Joan Jett. I often invoke both even tho the Joan Jett is very much alive. I also did some spiritual deep diving for this challenge and discovered my spiritual name which sounds phonetically like Bah-knee Puffin. From finding that out you’re encouraged to make a recording of you properly enunciating your spiritual name and then meditating, repeating your name as a mantra.
I’ve always been a writer, composing reams, on any bit of paper available. I spend a lot of time working in my various journals and books and love nothing more than changing words to fit my moods!

11 Likes

I started my book of mirrors for this week as well :slight_smile: I just bought some craft stuff and a sketch book with a hard cover :slight_smile: I’ve been using little glue dots to set out each page with moon phases, wheel of the year, herbs, crystals etc. I’m having fun with it and the more I learn the more I find to add <3

11 Likes

Great start! I think there are apps that can help you identify plants in your backyard. Not sure what they are though. Maybe someone here will know?

10 Likes

I’ve tied a few of them out, and so far, “Seek” by iNaturalist is my favorite – in my opinion, it’s the best one I’ve tried so far :smiley:

10 Likes

Cool! I wouldn’t want you getting into poison ivy or something like that. That’s what would happen to me! LOL

8 Likes

Yeah, I learned that the hard way back when I was in Boy Scouts :grimacing:

8 Likes

I’ve been using the iNaturalist app’ but I just downloaded the newest one (identify plants and animals) so I’m excited to try it!! Thanks @wade !

11 Likes

I was in Girl Scouts for a hot minute and our group never even stayed together long enough to sell cookies. Didn’t learn much of anything there. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I think I am going to try that app @Jewitch thank you! We have so many different wild flowers & things in the garden that I think are coming back from last year. Plus what we are planting in the greenhouse. I would love to know what else is just occurring in our yard though aside from what we have planted ourselves.

I made a separate post for my entry for this week. Wizardry of Words Weekly Challenge Entry

9 Likes

Dreams terrify me & I cannot write a dream journal,
but I did write this. It isn’t a spell as much as my
intent to let go. Forgive me my grief makes me foolish.

Light a small white candles, one for each loss.
Light a blue candle to help release anger.
Burn dragon’s blood incense for healing & protection.

To those who are gone, Bon Voyage

They won’t return. They are gone.
I know they are & I am so angry.
One cannot bargain with death.
The sorrow & depression is crippling.
I will work toward acceptance but
There is so much I have not addressed.
I could say:
“You can’t be dead…”
“How could you leave me?”
“Please, please don’t leave me!”
But my grief stays - complicated
And I wonder if the pain will ever end.
Beloved Goddess hold them,
Accept them, into your care.
But Grant me peace or make me stone.
They are all gone, I don’t want to be alone
I look for comfort, perhaps that’s why I’m here.
What if my longing won’t disappear?
Is my soul corrupt? Or is that survivors guilt.
I feel so empty, Like there’s a cloud in my brain.

Oh my Lady, Forgive my weakness
I am stronger than this,
I always survive. You know I do.
Bless my loved ones. I release them to you
With a kiss and a bow. And gratitude too.

As I have spoken. So let it be.

16 Likes

@Garnet that is beautiful & I am so very sorry for your losses. I can feel the pain in your words & it’s great pain. I am so sorry. We are all here for you, reach out if you need to please. :heart: :hugs: I will light a white candle for healing energy to go your way. :candle: :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

thank you but it was enlightening to write it.

8 Likes

Crystals/Gemtones for (writers, authors, bloggers, etc)

• Sodalite
  • Carnelian
  • Tigers Eye
  • Blue Apatite
  • Clear Quartz
  • Blue Lace Agate

This is my current BOS journal (Flame Tree Notebooks)

15 Likes