Weekly Witchy Challenge Trick or Treat Entry

Happy November 1! It’s officially my birth month! It is always an exciting time for me & after last week’s wild weather the mild air & sun are very welcomed. I hope everyone had a great Samhain weekend too! It was pretty easy for me & a little busy as we got closer to last night.

I decided to make the Non-Alcoholic Mead to have while we were out back by the fire. I had also substituted Apple Cider for the Water. The actual drink is very sweet, it’s like the bottom of the apple pie where all the good sweet stuff is in the pan.

Non Alcoholic Mead

Pinterest Pin

I got dressed & we picked up the house & the patio, backyard, porch, & firepit. :fire: My husband was a great help getting ready for my company & he took my daughter out Trick or Treating. I got to use the Pentacle Chandelier that he made me last year for my birthday. (it is supposed to be in my craft room, but that got put on hold… again… when my son moved back home)

After I got dressed & we did some work around the house, I made fresh incense for the first time.

2 parts Cinnamon

1 part ground cloves

1 part Dragon’s Blood resin

1 part Hyssop

1 part Patchouli

2 parts Rosemary

1 part Sage

A dash of sea salt

Samhain Incense Recipe

I made Soul Cakes when my daughter was out making her rounds with my husband. I used a butter knife to put Pentacles on the tops & then filled the lines with Confectioners Sugar.

Buttery Soul Cakes

You’ll need:

• Two sticks butter, softened
  • 3 1/2 C flour, sifted
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg & saffron
  • 1 tsp each cinnamon & allspice
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp malt vinegar
  • Powdered sugar

Cut the butter into the flour with a large fork. Mix in the sugar, nutmeg, saffron, cinnamon and allspice. Lightly beat eggs, and add to flour mixture. Add malt vinegar. Mix until you have a stiff dough. Knead for a while, then roll out until 1/4" thick. Use a floured glass to cut out 3" circles. Place on greased baking sheet and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while the cakes are still warm.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! Oh! I had also put an Essential Oil Blend in my diffusers. It was called Hocus Pocus

2 drops Frankincense
2 drops Lime
3 drops Sweet Orange

Halloween Diffuser Blends (Free Printable)

:candy: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Trick-or-Treat! Give Me Some Sweet Spells to Eat

12 Likes

Sounds like you had a yummy evening, @Susurrus! Looks like fun too! Glad you had a good time!

6 Likes

Thank you! It was a good time.

1 of my friends has a gorgeous tarot deck that she cleansed last night. The suits are Masks, Roses, Butterflies, & Crosses. The Major Arcana is all the same. So figuring out which suits were what was fun :joy:

5 Likes

Stunning! :cupid:

5 Likes

Thank you so much @steph, I really appreciate it.

5 Likes

Looks fantastic!! The photos are charming. Did you do any divinations?

4 Likes

Wow this is pretty amazing! What talent you have! Very glad that it was a great evening for all - and that the tarot deck brought some laughs

5 Likes

Mead and incense and Soul Cakes- oh my! :heart_eyes: I’m on my way now, hope you have leftovers! :joy:

This is such a lovely celebration, @Susurrus- I’m so glad you had such a great time this weekend! Thanks for sharing the recipes too, they all look like they taste/spell delicious! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

It looks like you had the best Samhain ever!! :relaxed:

4 Likes

@Francisco I had an altar set up for my ancestors & had every intention of trying scrying. I never did though, I may try later today when I am home alone.

Thank you @robin77!

@BryWisteria any time you would like to stop by we have a spot for you :hugs:

@christina4 thank you, it was a great time. The first time we used my backyard & firepit for a Sabbat too!

5 Likes

Oh nice :relaxed: nothing like a great time planned on a sabbat with the fire pit!!! My fire pit was put away for the winter.:worried: I miss it already! But I’m glad you all had a fun night!!

5 Likes

Hahaha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: yeah we had to take the covers off & shovel out the mushy ash from the storms. Ours is built into the patio outside which makes it a little easier. It comes in handy when we go multiple days without power & need to cook something too. More options than just a stovetop. Thank you so much! Maybe for Beltane you can use yours! I have a fire for that one too.

4 Likes

You’re very kind, @Susurrus- thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Ohhhh that all looks delicious, @JasmineTheBlueJ! :heart_eyes: Enjoy your tasty treats! :yum:

5 Likes

Thank you ! Zucchini bread , spiced nuts and apple cider were super yummy and magical.

5 Likes