šŸ˜‹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wickedly Delicious

As part of my alcohol free journey Iā€™ve bought this book from Amazon

Thereā€™s a whole mix of styles of alcohol free cocktails in here, and what drew me to this one particularly is that itā€™s spiral bound so more user friendly :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I use an app called Seek by iNaturalist (on iPhone ā€“ I can only speak for the iPhone app; unfortunately, I donā€™t know anything about Android equivalents) :slight_smile: I only use it as a basic guide to get me to a potential identification because it has been wrong before, so I start with what it says and then do research on the Internet from there to confirm that it is what it says it is :sweat_smile: Blessed be! I hope youā€™re doing well! :pray::green_heart:

8 Likes

Oh, that bread looks good @Jeannie1. Thatā€™s great!

Thank you, my friend! Iā€™m glad you liked it!

That looks yummy @IrisW! Youā€™re doing a great job staying alcohol-free!

8 Likes

There are a couple of apps for Android. I use Google Lens & iNaturalist on my Samsung phone. They work great for me & my daughter.

Iā€™m finishing up my entry today & will make the post in a little bit.

10 Likes

Aw thank you, Amethyst, I think the bread turned out good. I am very happy with it!!I tried to make a recipe for Hecate and my cheese melted in my bag so when I went to use it it didnā€™t turn out very well. I had to throw it in the garbage.lol
Itā€™s an awsome Recipe,Iā€™ll go to the store later and try again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol :joy:
Jeannie

6 Likes

I was very excited for this challenge and to celebrate my first Lammas. I consider myself a decent cook but a not-so-great baker! So instead of baking ā€œregularā€ bread, I decided to make cornbread from scratch. It came out pretty tasty! I didnā€™t have a chance to get a lot of the produce and other things that I wanted for the day, so I used what I had which was Cabbage!

By the time I was done, it looked more like a traditional southern soul food meal. Not necessarily what I was going for, but I think the offering was still acceptable :laughing:

Sending our wonderful coven blessings and a Happy Lammas/Lughnasadh

12 Likes

I am a huge cornbread and cabbage fanā€¦ kudos the meal looks great and delicious!

8 Likes

WOW! Look at all these tasty things! You are all amazing! I definitely saved some of these recipes :yum:

@nesserinne those puff pastries look just perfect! @Kasandra pesto on anything is definitely for me! @IrisW @sharond @Jeannie1 your baked goods are so beautiful and I bet they are delicious!!

11 Likes

Moonshawdow,
Thatā€™s something Iā€™ll try :blush: thanks
Blessed be!

8 Likes

I finished up my elixir today.

Ingredients

Calendula
Hibiscus
80 proof Vodka
2 Honey sticks

First! I put the calendula & hibiscus into a Mason jar with the 80 proof vodka & sealed the jar. I wrapped it in my witchy towel & shook it every so often without letting the light touch it over the course of a complete full moon cycle. Once that was done, I opened the jar & strained out the petals & leaves. I filled a different container with the liquid & added 2 honey sticks. I shook it well & closed the bottle.

7 Likes

@Siofra ooooooh! That looks/sounds delicious! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Make if for August 13th. Itā€™s Hekateā€™s Night, a night to ask Hekate to not send storms our way. Maybe Sheā€™d like it better then!

Your cornbread came out looking great! Very yummy! Good job!

It looks delish! I bet it tastes as good as it looks!

5 Likes

Happy Lammas to all.
I could not celebrate on August 1, therefore, did it on the 2nd. It was just me, so i just cooked a small piece of broiled Salmon with veggies. Ive been on a workout routine/diet for almost 3 months now, therefore counting calories. I wanted to try and bake a loaf, but decided against it. Otherwise Iā€™d eat the whole LOAF! I bought a small piece of bread from the bakery. Said to myself only have a couple slices . That did not happen! Lolā€¦ i followed the lammas ritual from Spells 8 and @francisco bread blessing. Left the four pieces on my altar and will put in my bird feeder tomorrow.

I started by having a shower. Once done i poured over my body a bath of simmered cloves, sage, chamomile, cinnamon and orange peels- meditateded on intentions. After i dried, i lit my candles on my altar and proceeded with the Lammas ritual. Ive also been spending time outside in my small garden. Iā€™ve acquired plenty of blooming flowers this summer. However, bought many perinnals so i wont need to replant next spring. Everytime i repotted new flowers, i asked the Elementals, lady and the Lord for blessings and protectionā€¦ My little oasis in the city .

Thank you all for sharing and happy Lammas to each and everyone. May new blessings always come your way.

Blessed be.
Uploading: 20210802_235414_HDR.jpgā€¦

Uploading: 20210802_234519_HDR.jpgā€¦
Uploading: 20210802_234356_HDR.jpgā€¦
Uploading: 20210802_234318_HDR.jpgā€¦
Uploading: 20210802_223331.jpgā€¦
Uploading: 20210802_222956_HDR.jpgā€¦
Uploading: 20210802_232714.jpgā€¦

8 Likes

Walter,
Your art and alter just inspires me so much! :hugs: The doll has so much detail! :100: You did so good!!! I know that the Lord and Lady will be so happy with your offering because you put so much intent! Many blessings to you this Lammas!
This ritual and everything turned out to be a masterpiece of art and magic! Thank you for sharing your magical life with us! It makes me want to do some magic too! Thank you!
Love and light :heart: :candle:
Jeannie

5 Likes

@Jeannie1 thank you so much for your kind words and also for your inspiration as Ive well. Iā€™ve come full circle now with the wheel of the year. I can finally say that Iā€™ve celebrated every pagan holiday since i began my journey.

3 Likes

That looks like a great potion-making book @IrisW- and congrats to you on your continued success with sobriety! :partying_face: :heart:

Congrats on your first Lammas celebration @robin77! Cornbread from scratch sounds heavenly :drooling_face: :corn: Everything looks delicious- great job!

Beautiful elixir, @Susurrus- I love that you used calendula and hibiscus, thatā€™s a perfect summer combo :blush: And look at that color! That is one impressive elixir- beautifully done! :clap:

Thatā€™s a great point about Friday the 13th, @Amethyst- youā€™re right, itā€™s a great night to work with Hekate! I hope you donā€™t mind, but Iā€™ve added this very good tip into the thread about the positives of Friday the 13th :black_cat: :heart: It really is a perfect night for working with Her :blush:

No worries at all, @walter- @MeganBā€™s new Lammas post made an interesting note that some people celebrate the holiday all month! :corn::hearts: We can celebrate all August if weā€™d like! :blush: Your ritual sounds amazing and Iā€™m glad you had such a lovely time. Sending holiday blessings and well wishes back to you! :heart:

7 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

A round of applause to the talented folks who used Kitchen Witchery to add a splash of magick to their food and drink this week :plate_with_cutlery:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :yum::heart:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria , thank you very much for the badge and yes will be great to mindfully celebrate all month long.
Blessed be

5 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome @walter- your badge is well-deserved! Thanks again for joining in, and I wish you blessed Lammas celebrations- all month long! :partying_face: :bread: :heart:

6 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.