What do you ask your Tarot Cards everyday?

I pull a Tarot Card a day to see what kind of energy I’ll have. Then I pull three on Sundays to see what kind of Energy/Obstacle/Advice I’ll have for the week. But I have to wonder, what you y’all ask your cards each day.

I found an interesting article on Daily Tarot Girl’s site that has twenty questions, but they don’t seem to me to capture what kind of day I’m going to have. So I’d like to hear from you guys. If you’re willing to share that is.

8 Likes

Sure!! Well every Sunday I do a week ahead spread, a card for each day and then one for the overall theme. :yellow_heart:

Then daily I just give them a shuffle and ask them to tell me to stop when they’re ready to show me anything I need to know about the day ahead.

Sometimes I ask specific questions like, will this person get back to me today or is today a good day to start this project, or show me a card for my husband today etc :sparkles:

Sometimes I don’t even ask anything! I just shuffle and read the card, this is particularly good at the start of your tarot journey as it helps you remember the cards. I research that card like, numbers associated, sun signs and make a note of it in my book- majority of the time it links to something later on jn the week :blush:

8 Likes

I also do a weekly spread and at least one a day. Today, I asked what do I need to do to better myself for the highest good? Or I ask what does the day have planned for me today? I’ve done moon readings, planets. I just did Venus last night. Like @Abs53 I’d often just shuffle then pull the cards.

7 Likes

I ask what kind of day I’m going to have or on Sundays when I remember I do a seven day card spread to see what my week will be like. I think I am just starting to connect to one of my decks and I just got another type of deck. I put them both in the sun yesterday and have them under my pillow now. I don’t know what other kinds of questions to ask them.

I shuffle the decks 3 times then cut them and put the cards.

I did try my pendulum yesterday and I asked it some yes or no questions. It was amazing to me that it would change direction for the answer. I even asked it questions that I knew the answer to so I could see if it was working properly and it was right every time.

8 Likes

If you don’t have any specific questions, it’s okay to not ask anything!

If I don’t have any concerns about this day or week, I just sit down and say “Let’s talk” to my deck. Like a casual conversation, I draw a card and take it as a topic which I can use as a reflection of myself, or a piece of advice that the deck wants to let me know about, or maybe nothing at all.

But if I have a question I always ask. For example “do I really want to take this job?” or “What am I missing if I don’t do X?”

Also, I found that if I don’t have anything to ask the cards, it’s best to let them sit for a while. Doing self-readings can be exhausting!

7 Likes

I like that idea @Abs53! My problem is I think that my days don’t vary much, if at all. Except for doctor’s appointments and grocery shopping I don’t go anywhere. I’m a homebody. I think just shuffling the cards will help with that. I’m asking too complicated a question for a boring day. LOL.

Ooh, those are great questions!

My pendulum doesn’t like me. I wonder if I get another one, maybe it will connect better.

I like that @Francisco! It may help me get to know my cards better. Thank you! You always give good advice!

5 Likes

I’m still learning and reading the meanings of the cards. I bought the Green witch Tarot, which I was drawn too-felt a connection to them. I’ve been picking daily cards to represent the day for me. Haven’t really done a full spread. But I read on Spell8 the simple spreads to get you to practice. I shuffle them everyday and look into them, see if I can intuitly read them. But that has not happened yet! I need to look up it’s meanings. However, the cards have been on point with the answer to my question. Mostly I haven’t been asking questions. But just like some of you stated. Just have a conversation with them… That’s what I’ve been doing. Hopefully the intuition will kick in. I do love the cards tho and get such great energy from them. I guess we’re just getting to know each other…I feel it’s like a relationship that’s build on trust . So everyday I practice we get closer together…

5 Likes

If you’re having problems with your pendulum, cleanse and hold it in your hand to exchange energy. Not all will be good for you. I have quite a few but there’s only a couple that I like using.

4 Likes

@Amethyst I used to do a week ahead spread with 7 cards using my Sacred Path oracle cards. Then I would pull a daily “What do I need to know today?” card and compare it to the other spread. I got out of the habit, though. Now I’m just doing readings for esbats and sabbats.

3 Likes

It sounds like most everyone is very organized with their readings- I’m in awe! :heart_eyes: My daily/every-other-day readings are a lot more eclectic :laughing:

At some point in the day I’ll usually “check in” with my deck, draw a card, appreciate the art, and study the card meaning from the book. I’ll try to connect with this particular card as I study and try to memorize it :thought_balloon:. Sometimes if I’m feeling artsy I’ll use the card to inspire a drawing or painting. As a writer, maybe you could try using your cards to inspire a scene or short story, @Amethyst! :writing_hand:

When I have a question, I’ll usually do a 3 card spread. I’ve started a tarot log to record readings and my intepretation of the cards I drew! :open_book:

4 Likes

Yeah, I did the just shuffle and draw thing this morning and got the Magician, which is appropriate because I want to write me an abundance spell today. So it’ll be a good day to do that, and I didn’t even mention it to the cards so that’s really encouraged me.

5 Likes

Ooh, thank you. I may try that. It’s a pendulum I got in with a box of crystals. It didn’t call out to me so I may try getting another that feels right.

4 Likes

Where I’m new to the cards, that was too much for me yet. Plus I worry that my days don’t differ enough to warrant a different card each day. LOL.

I may try to write a poem or something for each card I draw, a haiku maybe. I’m not so good at rhyme. Thanks for the idea though! I do write what I see in the journal every day, which seems to help. I write down what I see, and what the book says. It is very helpful!

7 Likes

Yesss! This is a great idea! I think it would be a great way to explore a new deck: going through each card, writing a short story, or even random words that come to mind, like a game of association!

6 Likes

Here’s my card for today…

I just asked the deck to tell me what I need to know for today. I’m so buzzed that I got this one as I have 2 more interviews today and the 2nd one is one I really really want :blue_heart:

Six of Pentacles

4 Likes

I was thinking haiku. Which I’ve done a couple but not a lot of in the past year. But if I do one a week, study the card and do a haiku with word association, like you said, that should really help me learn the cards. And doing one card a week is possible. I think I’ll do it, starting next week with The Fool. If you don’t mind, I’ll post them poems here in general discussion to see what y’all think of them.

Thanks to the encouragement and support!

4 Likes

Wow. That looks like you have a shot at the job you want. Good luck with the interview! I hope you get it! :hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks Kasie it went really well! :blue_heart: Theyve asked me straight in for round 2 interview and an excel test which is booked for Monday… Time to spend all weekend revising excel! :joy:

4 Likes

That is so great! I bet if you study hard on excel this weekend, by this time next week you WILL have the job you want! :hugs:

3 Likes

Congratulations! Well done!!

3 Likes