What is Mercury Retrograde?

:face_exhaling: Mercury is such a show-off.

[source]

Oh, right. Itā€™s on 13 December. Another thing to add to my long list of things happening on my settlement date. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Ohh dang, I just realized it was the 13 :joy: I mean, I knew that was the date, but until you commented here, I didnā€™t put two and two together lol

7 Likes

Itā€™s also a new moon and a day of Loki worship, so Iā€™m sure thereā€™s going to be extra chaos. :joy:

I will have to find something really nice to offer him, I thinkā€¦ :thinking:

7 Likes

@MeganB Turn Chaos into Motivation! :tada:
Remember this. It worked a treat for my daughter on Trickster day/Pandemonium day. Thankyou Megan. Recommend using it on December 13 for anyone who doesnā€™t want Lokiā€™s joyful chaos. :rofl:
@starborn With your busy day, it may help. Lokiā€™s great, love him, but it can be overwhelming with him, retrograde and your move. Iā€™d do the spell :sparkling_heart::joy:

Sounds mad, but he loves silly cheap toys, like Christmas decorations, Iā€™ve decked his altar in little Ā£1 querky Christmas trinkets. He loves daft stuff like that. :partying_face:
This is a few of the trinkets Iā€™ve put there.

You never have to spend alot of money with him, itā€™s the thought that counts. Probably his most redeeming quality I think :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Not another year starting with a retrogade planet :upside_down_face: :no_good_woman:t2:

spongebob-enough-is-enough

Well, it is what it is, I will wait for my past to come back and haunt me :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

Iā€™ll see if I can find something at the mall next door tomorrow then. :thinking: There should be a lot of options.

8 Likes

How aboutā€¦ no?

(Pretty pretty please, Mercury? :pleading_face: :astrology_mercury: :joy:)

Mercury retrograde

8 Likes

Ughā€¦ okā€¦well forwarned is forarmed? :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Uhā€¦ Let me change that time to ā€œtomorrow.ā€ I absolutely refuse to go outside today. :joy: Itā€™s 41Ā°C/105.8Ā°F.

7 Likes

Hopefully I can learn from @tracyS and Loki to learn to embrace the chaos! Iā€™m soooo not good with chaos. Iā€™ve had so much recently Iā€™ve just about shut down! Maybe Iā€™ll try the chaos to motivation spell @MeganB posted! Maybe some shadow work is on order too.

Remember: we survived the last Mercury in Retrograde and weā€™ll survive this one too! :pray::heart::people_hugging::blush:

8 Likes

Ooh, whereā€™s that? I currently have so many tabs open in my browser that I canā€™t read a single title. :joy:

9 Likes

@tracyS posted it above #44

8 Likes

Ohhh, thank you! I totally missed that. :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

Try not to fear Mercury Retrograde. Instead, use the time to review and reflect on what you have done recently, revisiting and redoing it if necessary. The retrograde will start in Capricorn. You can use it to your advantage by:

Planning, but not yet implementing, how you can achieve your goals
Reviewing projects that are already underway.
Stepping away from big projects and relaxing for a bit, doing something you enjoy.

On December 23rd, Mercury heads back into Sagittarius. Use this to your advantage by:

Taking a step back, recognising and celebrating how far you have come on your journey.
Retracing the steps of a previous adventure to bring back a bit of joy e.g. through photos or videos
Brush up on existing skills but avoid learning something new for now.

As usual, the general recommendations for this reteograde:

Plan for, evaluate and rethink big decisions but do not sign on the dotted line during this time.

Reflect and review your plans, making necessary adjustments.

Double check communications.

Take a minute to proof read items before sending and donā€™t be afraid to ask for clarification of things.

Also, take a minute to think about your words and how others may receive them.

Get someone to check the noises or issues with the car, glitching electronics or rattling domestic appliances.

Allow extra time for travel.

Take care of yourself!

Take it easy and go with the flow.

May it be a smooth journey for you all

Blessed be

Alan

9 Likes

Welp, this is unavoidable for me :joy: our new house closes on the 19th - several days after the retrograde starts! I think Iā€™m getting around this whole ā€œdonā€™t make big decisionsā€ part of the retrograde because the decision has already been made, it just wonā€™t be final until then.

9 Likes

Yeh if the decision is made and has been checked and rechecked and checked again then you are good to go :rofl:

9 Likes

Me neither. I can handle a certain level of stress and then it overloads me completely. I learned late in life Iā€™m a HSP (highly sensitive person) and am only now learning ways to manage.

10 Likes

I liken chaos to learning to surf. You canā€™t control the waves, and they can get really big. But if you look at surfers, they are relaxed, they move their board with the wave, and ride the waves, they donā€™t fight them, or try to go in the opposite direction. They follow the wave until the waves disappears naturally. Thatā€™s how I handle chaos. Itā€™s going to come, so letā€™s get surfing :ocean::green_heart::grin:

10 Likes

haha as far as I know, everything is good to go! :+1: We just have to wait for the right date - itā€™s coming soon!

8 Likes

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly and Mercury behaves!

7 Likes