What new Skills has this Pandemic Taught You?

Thank you - it’s just something I’m dealing with. Part of the issue is that we recently moved from Oregon to Florida and I don’t have my meds while I wait for my health insurance. I’m currently supplementing with other things that have worked in the past and it’s slowly getting better. A lot of it, too, is that I’m very sensitive to the energies of others so I pick up on the chaos when I go outside. I’ll take a look at Coursera :slight_smile: I’ve taken some of their courses.

3 Likes

This has been a gift! I am taking online classes, growing an herbal hydroponic garden. Reading. Reorganizing my kitchen, and cooking daily. I have everything delivered. Classes: Aromatherapy, Kitchen Witchery, Herbal Medicine. YouTube is my new best friend! No TV. I’ve found so many interesting posters. One I love is the Herbal Jedi, he is a Clinical Herbalist who works at Harmonic Arts in Vancouver, Canada. He shows how to identify, harvest, and prepare herbs, as well as how they are medicinally used. He is very spiritual. Another channel is Megalithomania. It is about the megaliths in Europe, mostly in the British Isles.

5 Likes

Wow, everyone has been doing so many amazing things! :heart_eyes: It is inspiring to read about what everyone has been learning and practicing- bravo to all of you! :clap::two_hearts:

Thanks @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Yes, their music is amazing! :musical_note: Sometimes it’s so relaxing that it just blends into the daily routine and I forget that it’s even on- so peaceful! :two_hearts:

Hahaha yes, it’s a tricky one! I’ve studied a few languages before, and Polish takes the cake for being the hardest to pronounce :sweat_smile: You’re so right about all those brutal consonants, @christine4! :joy:

Good for you!!! Korean is a fascinating language- hangul can be picked up in just a few hours, but knowing how to read the writing is just the first step on a long journey! :open_book: :grin: Stick with it- it’s a rewarding language! :two_hearts:

Oh goodness I never got to keigo in my Japanese studies- I imagine reading for fun is a breath of fresh air! :blush::books: Enjoy your book! :heart:

5 Likes

This pandemic has helped me to find my own spirituality again. Started reading many books on Wicca/Spells/Spiritually.

Being stuck alone with my dog just connecting through mobile devices was a learning experience. Learned that I can handle being alone without human contact. Which lead me back to study Wicca and found my soul again.
Not to take family and friends for granted. ( Because I had a couple of them past away. Being in NY we were hit hard, which we were ground zero for the pandemic.)

Became more in tuned with nature and started a course on Herbalism.
Over all, was a humbling experience . Made me realize how insignificant we are compared to our vast universe.
We could be wiped out at anytime.
So now we must adapt to new ways of living and carrying-on. It’s basically like a new world, so to speak!

We must be grateful to be here on this beautiful blue planet and appreciate her and the powers of this grand-universe.

To sum it all up! I’m extremely grateful with what I have and the people I love.

Blessed be …

6 Likes

It sounds like you had a tough time, but were able to overcome the worst of it and attain many wonderful revelations, Dee! I am glad you had your furry friend to keep you company during the hard times :dog: Congrats on starting the Herbalism course! Have you learned about any new herbs or plants that you think you’ll start using a lot? :herb:

I love your positivity and wise words- nature has so much to give! It is important to take some time to appreciate and show gratitude for all the wonderful things we have, despite the challenges we face in life. You are very strong! :clap::two_hearts:

Good luck with your course- Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

What course did you sign up for? I just signed up for one through the Center of Excellence. I did their Wiccan Courses already, and really enjoyed the information! Sometimes you can get a groupon for them, and the course only winds up being a few dollars!
Glad to hear this pandemic took a turn for the better for you. <3

5 Likes

I just finished Kitchen Witchery. I’m also taking Wicca Course.

3 Likes

Kitchen Witchery sounds awesome! I may sign up for that one. I am doing the Healing Crystal one right now! And by right now…I mean I am on hiatus until I finish sewing orders, but eventually I will finish it!

4 Likes

I have learned how to manage my time and have time for myself each day. I have also learned how to meditate to ground myself before I get anxiety ridden. I have learned that my sacred space just needed a little love so it can become my sanctuary. I have been working on myself since about May and I learned that I am stronger than I once thought.

I have also been learning more about my spirituality that led me to this site. I have had very good results and I am happy that I found this place to be able to connect with others that have the same problems that arise from going through this part of my life.

6 Likes

Chelsey, I signed up for the Introductory course at the Herbal Academy…Great sources! They were running a sale at the time for 50% off at the time. They are always running sales. I’m still in the learning stages. But so far so much fun! I’d like to incorporate Wicca/witchcraft with Herbalism. I think that’s where my path may lead!?
Thank you!
Blessed be.

3 Likes

Thank you! Been tough, I’m sure not only for me. Everyone is going through something! That’s why I feel we need to be kind to all. (Unless they really nasty lol) We don’t know the struggle someone may be going through.

There are so many herbs! I’m only just scratching the surface. However, I’ve been making many teas for myself and family/friends… I am enjoying that!. Recently had some Valerian tea, which is a natural sedative and calms you down. One night couldn’t sleep, so I brewed some. The taste is not bad, I just add honey. However, it smells like dirty, wet socks lol…But let me tell you, it knocked me out in the most peaceful way… Slept like a baby. Therefore, it’s great to learn all these wonderful and natural recipes! So looking forward to it…
Thank you,
Blessed be.

3 Likes

oo sounds interesting id love to hear what courses you’ve done :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow this is beautiful oo i’ll be subscribing for sure thanks for sharing lovely

1 Like

you could try scripting i would highly suggest you watch the youtube channel roxy talks on how you can script a different version of him etc

1 Like

I LOVE TEA.
I also feel we are never out of the learning phase. The greatest thing about is this path, is the varying roads we can take. Each of those roads have lessons, knowledge and ways we can help each other fully blossom.

I started my own herb garden, and my hubby is (eventually) going to build us an upcycled pallet fence which will be my giant herb garden. I also will be growing my own broom! I am very excited about that.

4 Likes

That’s great! I have a small patio in city and have a couple of herbs. Wish I can grow more! But it’s great to sow it and watch it grow. I’m gonna have alot of oregano, mint and parsley. The rosemary for some reason dried out! Not sure why!? Supposedly it likes hot weather! Was fine and than died! We had a lot of rain here in NY, maybe too much water all I can think of…
Love tea as well…

Blessed Be.

2 Likes

I also learned how to garden, not just flowers but herbs and vegetables!

4 Likes

Great thread! We sure are a positive bunch of humans & I love it! These past few months have brought about a lot of change in my life! A few of the most notable:

☆ I moved into an apartment by myself for the first time since 2012 & am HAPPY about it!
☆ I’ve been able to focus on my craft and grow SO MUCH, in so many ways.
☆ Like many others said, I found spells8 and have met so many lovely people, did a self-initiation & grew even more.
☆ Was able to focus on my art full-time, began selling, painting commission work & am now preparing to open an etsy shop.
☆ After 4 years of being estranged, I extended an olive branch to my father & we are working on our relationship.
☆ After being cheated on, I left and didn’t look back. The most valuable thing I learned from this pandemic is that life is short & my peace is more important than being with someone who doesn’t respect me.

6 Likes

I’m so happy for you @haley for so much positivity in your life now! I have been working on healing my inner child and myself since around May/June and I have made great progress. My relationship with my birth mother is much better. I have had some ups and downs, but I haven’t fallen back into my old ways of being a recluse and not engaging in activities. I have learned that my anxiety isn’t who I am and I can manage it and be in control more often than not.

4 Likes

Wow. So much hard work for you but it looks like it paid off. Good for you! :sparkles:

5 Likes