What's your favorite incense aroma?

For me is the jasmine scent, that perfect accent to my mood, as a pleasant smell that bring a smile to my face. It makes me feel relax, it gives me this positive energy, this inner peace. Whenever I need to concentrate, or just meditate Jasmine incense is my favorite aroma, and sometimes when I can’t sleep I burn jasmine and I sleep so peacefully. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

I love incense! I haven’t tried the jasmine yet, but I will put that on my list to try. At the moment my favorite is lavender & white sage. I bought that a few weeks ago and love it. It’s by Sacred Elements and it says it is an incense of India. I love everything from India. I told my husband it is easy to pick gifts for me. If it says “Made in India” it is guaranteed that I will love it!

14 Likes

I have a large collection of incenses and it’s difficult to choose just one. I like honey, sandalwood, and white sage the best I think. Those are tied for the top.

13 Likes

Lavender and frankincense :alien::alien:

14 Likes

@Katiria – I’d have to say that my favorite incense scent is dragon’s blood :dragon_face: it was one of the first scents I ever used. And besides being a powerful ally for cleansing and protection, it’s also one of nostalgia for me and reminds me of my best friend that lives on the other side of the country :blush:

I have tried Jasmine incense but I have to be very careful with floral fragrances because they tend to upset my very sensitive allergies lol but it smells very beautiful when I can use it!

@Ostara @Amethyst and @Watergoddess all mentioned ones I enjoy, too – Lavender and Sandalwood!

13 Likes

OooooH Incense! I Love Dragons Blood and of course Sandalwood. These two I burn each day in my home, usually multiple times…Lol.

15 Likes

I love sweet grass incense. My fave brand is:

16 Likes

Dragons blood is my favorite.

14 Likes

I have asthma, so I can’t use incense… so sad! Anyway, I diffuse essential oils instead. I think I have a diffuser in every room. This time of year is perfect for citrus oils, they are uplifting and happy.

14 Likes

@marsha I really prefer diffusing over incense also. My pup has a fit every time we light incense, he hates it lol.

14 Likes

As im not allowed insense in my apartment i use essential oil defuseers. My current favourite is lavender.

15 Likes

I haven’t used a diffuser in so long but I want to get one for my desk. I think it would help with my focus sometimes, too. I have an oil burner diffuser but I want one of those ultrasonic ones that use water. I think they’re much safer to have around my desk rather than a lit candle flame :laughing:

15 Likes

They are. My landlord has a fire issue she hates anything fire related shes even nervous with my lighters for my cigarettes being in the house.

13 Likes

I agree @MeganB, safer for you to breathe and the computer too! :heart:

12 Likes

I discovered just 2 months ago that the scent I thought was my favourite, was never really my favourite. @marsha I too have asthma, as well as scent induced migraines, so I can’t burn incense. Every time I have gone into a mystical shop, they always smelled absolutely fantastic. I thought it was sandalwood, but a couple of months ago, a lovely shop owner sent me a package and included 1 stick of incense. Well that was the scent I have loved for decades! Turns out to be Dragon Blood.
@marsha @rachel21 @Nikita-mikaelson @MeganB You all mention using diffusers. I have never used one (or seen one in person LOL), can you tell me, is the scent just as strong as incense or can it be controlled at all?

13 Likes

It can generally be controlled based on how much essential oil you put in it. So if you want a very light scent then you could use 1 or 2 drops. If you want a heavier scent then you could use more drops.

My concern with using the diffuser is that my mom is allergic to essential oils and botanicals, even if they’re in the air. The tiny particles get on her skin and cause a reaction. I would just have to be careful with when and where I use one of at all.

It’s also worth mentioning that some essential oils can actually be triggers for things like asthma or other autoimmune conditions. If you have animals, too, they can be dangerous.

11 Likes

Thank you for bringing that point up! I have a cat, I don’t know if it would be good for her. Not taking chances with my baby. :black_cat:

11 Likes

Not all essential oils are bad for animals. It’s just like incense, herbs, and other things. There’s a website I have that has some good information :smile_cat:

Essential oils that are known to cause poisoning in cats include oil of wintergreen, oil of sweet birch, citrus oil (d-limonene), pine oils, Ylang Ylang oil, peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, pennyroyal oil, clove oil, eucalyptus oil, and tea tree oil. Symptoms that develop depend on the type of oil involved in the exposure and can include drooling, vomiting, tremors, ataxia (wobbliness), respiratory distress, low heart rate, low body temperature, and liver failure.

From this website → Essential Oils and Cats | Pet Poison Helpline®

13 Likes

I think my favorite now is Dragon’s Blood. Palo Santo is a close 2nd though. :smile:

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing this website!!! I’m sure it will help many other fur-babies!

12 Likes