What's your guys opinion on Black/Dark Magick?

Interesting, and reassuring to hear that the bed neighbor problem was resolved. Hopefully you get compensated for the damage and expenses for the security cameras etc.

I have been reading about spirituality for many years, but it is a recent situation very similar to yours that kind of pushed me to get into this “abracadabra stuff” and join this virtual coven.

5 Likes

Same here.

5 Likes

This is super helpful. Belated thanks for sharing this!

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Combining the Craft and Buddhism

I guess my question is why would you want to bring harm to others is it just because you don’t like someone and find them annoying or is it because they’ve done some serious harm like assault for example. I guess for me I always want to know the WHY? Like to me I just would never want to harm someone just for the sake of it. There would need to be a reason. I’m biast I guess as I do lean towards Wicca and Buddhism. I guess it’s just something I find it hard to get my head around. I’m not judging I’m just curious what’s the appeal.

6 Likes

This is on baneful Magick right? I’ve not used it to harm anyone. I used it once to detach myself from a harmful situation, to break the emotional hold it was having over me. It’s the one and only time I used baneful and blood Magick, but I needed something very strong to remove my attachment to the organisation, so I sort of did the spell on me. It broke the link. I don’t personally think hexing or the such works for me, as I think it prolongs the pain. I also feel it’s never good to do spells when your heart is in a bad place as it can effect focus. I know It can be hard to let go of pain, and negative feelings, but I found an old hoodoo spell from a witch who’s work I read about, that used baneful Magick to break yourself away from something and protect yourself emotionaly. I waited until I was in a calm state so didn’t do the spell till about a year after the event. Maybe it wasn’t 100% baneful I don’t know. But I do feel there’s a place for dark/light, Ying/Yang in the world. It’s up to us how we use those forces. Hope that makes sense :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

It makes perfect sense and beautifully said. :white_heart::sparkles:

5 Likes

Hey good topic. I def think the saying is true “there is a time and place for everything”. The only limits people place is really on themselves. If someone thinks it’s the right time and place or right situation then by all means have at it. Now of course I would never recommend Willy nilly placing hex’s or curses on people. I have used some darker magic in the past and it is not off limits to me personally. I think the stereotype challenge fits good with this topic as well because there is a lot of stereotype around “dark” magic. People hear the words “black or dark magic” and immediately insinuate that a witch is doing necromancy or demon summoning and stuff. I say “don’t knock it until u try it” lol

7 Likes

I think this is a good question to ask in any situation, but I’m always the person to ask “Why?” to everything, too :joy:

I haven’t cursed anyone, but I’m not opposed to it. They would have had to do something pretty damaging to push me that far, especially since I consider everything and everyone involved. It can be a lengthy consideration process :sweat_smile: but for me, that’s what I’ve gotta do to figure things out.

7 Likes

I personally wouldn’t, because I know that karma will come back to me. I wouldn’t judge someone else for it though, as that is their choice to practice. I know everyone’s situation is different, but if you need to I think it should be a last resort.

7 Likes

@bryce You’re absolutely right in that what we put out will come back, that’s why it’s something that needs to be done, I think, in a calm state of mind. I do believe however also that karma does use dark forces to balance things out, I guess you’d call that bad karma. For me, when I cast the spell, I knew I would be losing a part of myself in the process, but it was a worthwhile sacrifice for the freedom that I would be receiving, if that makes sense. :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Absolutely Tracy, I’ve always been a firm believer of that. Like you I don’t want to lose myself in the process, typically before I would cast any spell I would contemplate how this would improve my life or someone else’s. Kinda like making a delta chart of pros and cons.

7 Likes

@tracyS… to answer 1 of your questions, yes… Black/Dark Magick falls under baneful magic. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Magick is so wonderfully diverse and people cast spells for a huge variety of reasons- I think it’s really hard to lay a sharp and distinct line between what is baneful and what isn’t. Is there a spell out there that is 100% baneful? Or a spell that is 100% non-baneful, no matter who you ask? Maybe- but I’ve come to think that most things fall somewhere in the middle. How light or dark the shade of gray depends on each individual’s perspective- their experiences, their ethics, their reasoning, etc.

Personally, I don’t think any spell that was used to save oneself from a bad situation and help set them on a more positive path could be 100% baneful- I’m glad you were able to break free and that you’re in a better situation now, Tracy! :people_hugging: :heart:

This is a really good point, Zee- you’re right, it fits really well with stereotype challenge! There certainly are a lot of preconceptions around Black/Banfeful magick both within and outside of the witchy community. It’s a great point to ponder on! :grinning: :two_hearts:

6 Likes