Where in the World are Witches? šŸ—ŗ 2021!

I have a friend who lives near Brisbane. He knows how much I love critters. When going on runs he sends me photos of kangaroos, snakes, spiders etc. Even just photos of the ocean and mountains. Itā€™s so beautiful in Australia. On my 40th, Iā€™m planning to go there for atleast a month.

9 Likes

Oh you will love it! Australia is a very accepting easy going countryā€¦ As for kangaroos your friend must live in a havenā€¦ the closest kangaroos and animals of such to me are about 30 mins in the bush land even though we are considered a cityā€¦ The only critters we get are red back spiders brown snakes and lizardsā€¦ I think the biggest critter I seen was one of those dragon lizards on the way to schoolā€¦

8 Likes

Wow, @NoName and @TheMuslimWitch! Sometimes I see videos of some of the critters that are common in Australia and I get shivers :laughing: I canā€™t imagine living with big spiders and snakes all over the place! I think you are both very brave :muscle: :clap:

9 Likes

For me its not those types of critters its the roaches especially in Queensland they are large and fly at youā€¦ I remember going for a holiday there to visit my uncle and seeing all the flying roaches and dead frogs here and there from cars running over themā€¦ I guess its all the greenery and rapidly changing weather that brings in the critters :blush: Its a shame they consider hamsters vermin as i wanted one and when i looked it up it is actually illegal to own one and too many rabbits is also an issue they are considered a pest if they are not controlled and limited in numbers

9 Likes

A bit late to the party, but I just wanted to share where I live (for now hahaha). A bit of a nomad here and have been living in different countries for the past 19 years. I am originally from Morocco, but I left home when I was 23 and started my journey around the globe. Currently I am living in Istanbul, Turkey. The city of cats and, as you may have read, I am crazy about them :heart_eyes_cat:

Photo credit: Stocksky

The above is a very popular landmark of the city, itā€™s called Galata Tower and the area around it is one of my favorite places in Istanbul :heart:

Istanbul is a very beautiful city; however, itā€™s become way too crowded and loud for my liking. But I still love it :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Wow. What a stunning picture! Youā€™re lucky to live there!

7 Likes

Jess from little old Perth, Australia. Apparently the most isolated capital city in the world. I love it here. I would love to travel one day as I have never left my safe little nest, when we can again. But Perth will always be home :purple_heart: :heard_and_mc_donald_islands:

7 Likes

@Peridot that is a beautiful picture :heart_eyes: & I understand loving the city even though over the years it has become more bustling. I feel the same way about Plymouth, where I grew up during my high school years & New England in general. Thank you for sharing that beautiful picture also! It really is stunning! :star_struck:

@jessica72 I think thatā€™s why I always come back to this area. I have lived elsewhere in the states :world_map: & each time I come back to New England. Itā€™s where I raised my family. Once they are all on their own, we are hoping to move a bit south to a warmer climate. My joints will appreciate it in the winter. :snowflake:

7 Likes

The city of cats!!! Ahhh!! :heart_eyes: I had a layover at the airport once, but I would love to actually visit the city someday. Itā€™s on the to-visit list, but until then, enjoy it (and all the kitties there) for me, Peridot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :black_cat:

8 Likes

Merry meet, I am from Leominster, Massachusetts, USA

7 Likes

Oh! Cape Cod! I was wondering which part of MA you were from! I hope you have a great weekend.

7 Likes

This thread is now closed- thanks for joining in for 2021!

Feel free to continue the conversation in the next part: Where in the World are Witches? 2022 :sparkles: