Wiccan Self-Initiation Ritual

Hey guys!

I’m super happy to have finally done an initiation ritual after 4 years of researching and meditation, I think Persephone and Thor are finally happy to get the cycle moving in my path!

How are y’all doing on this black moon in Taurus?

15 Likes

Oh, exciting. Congratulations! It’s a quiet night here. I just strolled out to see if I could see some planets but there is too much light pollution here in the burbs.

11 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum :infinite_roots: @LeoMoon :leo: :new_moon:
Congratulations on doing your first initiation ritual! :magic_wand: Today is the Black New Moon and Eclipse in the 10th degree of Taurus, and Beltane on May 1st. With that kind of energy, I’m sure your ceremony was very powerful. I think your timing was perfect! :dizzy: :sparkles:
:heart:

8 Likes

Welcome and congratulations @LeoMoon!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @LeoMoon I share a moon with my daughter. We are both Capricorn :capricorn: rising. Our sun signs are both water :ocean: signs :pisces: & :scorpius: too!

I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, I’m an Eclectic witch :hugs: Obviously you’ve found the courses & I believe in the Goddess courses we have More information on Persephone. There is also:

Persephone :wilted_flower: Goddess Queen of the Underworld

Persephone Dual Deity

The 3 Aettirs of the Elder Futhark there may be some information about Thor in these posts due to him being a Norse God & associated with Runes. Especially: Thurisaz - 3rd Rune of the Elder Futhark & Freya’s Aett :thurisaz: or in the Runes Course

Today is also Beltane in the Northern Hemisphere & Samhain in the Southern Hemisphere. I am in New England so for me it’s Beltane. We are going to work in the gardens around the yard & have a fire that I probably have something to add to for the occasion. My husband likes when I add things to the fire because the smells can be wonderful.

I don’t want to overwhelm you, so I will bow out, but I hope to speak with you soon! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hi @LeoMoon! Congrats on doing the ritual! That’s a big accomplishment! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. I hope to get to know you better soon!

8 Likes

Congratulations! I’m very happy for you! Your Altar is beautiful! I’m impressed that you studied and took your time! May all the blessings of the Universe be yours!

I did my self-initiation on the last Full Moon, which was also Good Friday for Christians.

I still love Jesus, but I have realized there is so much more. To me, all of us are One, and the Deities represent the higher aspect of the Universe, always ready to help, to teach, to protect.

I am working with Gaia, who has a strong pull on my heart, and Hecate, who is amazing, strong, brave, mysterious…everything I want to be! I am struggling with connecting with a male deity, but I wonder if that’s because I have followed the patriarchal Christian faith all my life and have recently found my empowerment through the female deities and Wicca.

Is this weird?

I am still learning and always will be. I am happier than I ever have been and I wish the same for everyone here.

I wish much happiness to you and to each person with their personal path!

Blessed be!

9 Likes

Welcome and congrats on your initiation ritual, @LeoMoon- that is so exciting! :partying_face: It sounds like things have been in motion for many years now, and now it has all aligned for you. Welcome to your Craft and wishing you a wonderful (official) beginning to your magickal journey! :star2:

Please make yourself at home here in the forum, and don’t hesitate to reach out in the Q&A Category if you ever need any help or guidance. Your coven is here for you :infinite_roots:

Many blessings- hope you had a lovely Black Moon Solar Eclipse! :taurus: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:

Not at all, Kim- I think your story resonates strongly with many of us here in the forum, who also found our paths branching off of other paths. The most important thing is going where your heart leads you and not being afraid to do a bit of “trail blazing” to find where you feel you fit best in life :railway_track: :sun_with_face:

Wishing much happiness and many blessings to you and your path too- lots of love! :heart:

7 Likes

Congratulations @LeoMoon, this is such exciting news, welcome to the forum, looking forward to getting to know you better. :dizzy: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the guidance

7 Likes

Not even, all paths are most definitely valid

7 Likes

It is not weird, we do have quite a few witches that weave their Christian values into their craft.

I also haven’t worked with a male deity very much since restarting my path & have found Brighid resonates the most with me & when it’s time for a dive into the Shadows, the Morrigan is a guide, & her & Brighid are all about inner work & healing of different forms.

@LeoMoon you are very welcome & anytime you have a question feel free to reach out!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.